PDA

View Full Version : Team source says Garrett likely choice to lead Dallas Cowboys

Trashman
01-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Link to story (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/01/02/2737880/team-source-says-garrett-likely.html)

Eagle 1
01-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm not suprised, another "YES" man. :rolleyes:

coach
01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
we have said it all along...jerry will continue to hire these coaches that will obey all comands and will be told what to do

Looking4number8
01-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by coach
we have said it all along...jerry will continue to hire these coaches that will obey all comands and will be told what to do

His team, his choice.

coach
01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
His team, his choice.

really?! nice observation.

can jason garrett call a pass play down the field? every third down play has been short of the sticks

on the bright side demarcus ware is playing his butt off

Looking4number8
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
really?! nice observation.

Yes really, you (and many many others) act like just because it has been called "America's Team" all these years you actually own a piece of it.

cr180t
01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Not a good game right now

coach
01-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Yes really, you (and many many others) act like just because it has been called "America's Team" all these years you actually own a piece of it.

so i am not allowed to give my two cents?

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't know about everyone else but the post game interviews from Garrett are refreshing and in sharp contrast to the depressing responses of Wade Phillips. I like his attitude and positive thinking. A plus is the team seems to have responded to his leadership and played so much better. I do think that an OC should be brought in next year. One who is like-minded but will open it up a little more. In otherwords, not so conservative. I would hate to see us lose Garrett to another team and have them win a SB like Payton did with the Saints. For all of you Garrett haters..., it's just my opinion. Nothing personal. :D

rykerx144
01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
I don't know about everyone else but the post game interviews from Garrett are refreshing and in sharp contrast to the depressing responses of Wade Phillips. I like his attitude and positive thinking. A plus is the team seems to have responded to his leadership and played so much better. I do think that an OC should be brought in next year. One who is like-minded but will open it up a little more. In otherwords, not so conservative. I would hate to see us lose Garrett to another team and have them win a SB like Payton did with the Saints. For all of you Garrett haters..., it's just my opinion. Nothing personal. :D

yes if you consider playing better winning by a lucky td in the last few minutes against a team that didnt start most of their starters and showed they didnt care if they won or not!! I guess any progress is still progress!!

88bulls
01-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Don't get me wrong Jason Garrett is better than Wade, but is that really saying alot. I hope that Jerry goes out and really looks at Gruden or Bill C.

bobcat1
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
I don't know about everyone else but the post game interviews from Garrett are refreshing and in sharp contrast to the depressing responses of Wade Phillips. I like his attitude and positive thinking. A plus is the team seems to have responded to his leadership and played so much better. I do think that an OC should be brought in next year. One who is like-minded but will open it up a little more. In otherwords, not so conservative. I would hate to see us lose Garrett to another team and have them win a SB like Payton did with the Saints. For all of you Garrett haters..., it's just my opinion. Nothing personal. :D I agree along with a the OC lets get a good DC. Jerry is never going to relinquish control so Garrett is probably the best we will get. (Not saying he is bad.) A few bad apples need walking papers like Barber. Williams needs released tomorrow and our DB's need at least 2 new safeties that understand how to play. Jenkins needs to study or be replaced. Scandrick is a spare at best. T-Newman is old now and has lost a step. Igor needs to be replaced. O-line needs to get younger. We also need a good every down back.

Txbroadcaster
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Yea cause Parcells was a yes man

And I have not seen anything in Garrett's coaching that makes me think he is a yes man..he is straight from the Jimmy Johnson coaching tree..he might not be as loud or bombastic as Johnson, but I dont see Garrett ever saying yes just to say it.

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144
yes if you consider playing better winning by a lucky td in the last few minutes against a team that didnt start most of their starters and showed they didnt care if they won or not!! I guess any progress is still progress!!

No, not by this game. The Cowboys’ three losses under Garrett have been by a total of seven points. There is a lot of work to be done but, IMO, the way the Jones family run their business, Garrett is the ideal fit for now.

GrTigers6
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144
yes if you consider playing better winning by a lucky td in the last few minutes against a team that didnt start most of their starters and showed they didnt care if they won or not!! I guess any progress is still progress!! Yeah with a third string QB in his very first NFL start. That is pretty impressive no matter what team your playing

Eagle 1
01-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Leach as the OC.
Lets open up the playbook.
Singletary as the DC.
Lets get that defense fired up to play.
:clap:

Andy Dalton in the first round as the icing on the cake. :)

coach
01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Yea cause Parcells was a yes man

And I have not seen anything in Garrett's coaching that makes me think he is a yes man..he is straight from the Jimmy Johnson coaching tree..he might not be as loud or bombastic as Johnson, but I dont see Garrett ever saying yes just to say it.

parcells was way outdated...

bigwood33
01-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Leach as the OC.
Singletary as the DC.

You're out of your mind!

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 10:10 PM

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/TQ_DeeDee/Naruto/Naruto%20Avatars/08_Kankuro.png

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 01:47 AM

not disagreeing, but he was also not a yes man..neither was of course Jimmy Johnson..and actually Chan Gailey was not a yes man

Todd Archer who has covered the Cowboys for years says Jones's problem has never been needing a yes man, it is that HE listens to the coaches WAY to much and does not overrule them enough on player decisions

SintonFan
01-03-2011, 02:36 AM

Bite your tongue!
gonna sick Ditka on you... :weeping:

SintonFan
01-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Leach as the OC.
Singletary as the DC.

Never thought of it like that.
Is that a good thing?:D:confused:

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Mike Singletary has NEVER been a DC..not sure why so many people are high on him

waterboy
01-03-2011, 10:03 AM
One of the problems I've noticed with the last coaching change was that J.J. hired both the defensive and offensive coordinators on his own without the benefit of input from his head coach. I think he needs to at least let the head coach pick his own coaches. I think that if Garrett is named head coach he should be able to go out and get the coaches he needs to be successful. I'd like to see Garrett go out and get some proven defensive coaches, and some like-minded offensive coaches. If given that opportunity I think that Garrett would be the head coach for a long time.

Bullaholic
01-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I wonder if that walkie-talkie Steven had yesterday has anything to do with the Cowboys offense? :D

Garrett is a very intelligent coach, and left alone. I think he could call a pretty good game offensively. He will need a strong DC, and a couple of team leaders that he needs to pick who are respected by the team to deliver his messages---he says the right words but it is like Mr. Spock delivering them....

Looked like Jerry was kicking the media out after Garrett said a few words.

waterboy
01-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I wonder if that walkie-talkie Steven had yesterday has anything to do with the Cowboys offense? :D

Garrett is a very intelligent coach, and left alone. I think he could call a pretty good game offensively. He will need a strong DC, and a couple of team leaders that he needs to pick who are respected by the team to deliver his messages---he says the right words but it is like Mr. Spock delivering them....

Looked like Jerry was kicking the media out after Garrett said a few words.
I saw that walkie-talkie, too, and was thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder if he had any input on the play-calling.:doh:

Eagle 1
01-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
You're out of your mind!

Like him or not, there have been many NFL teams who look at Leach's offense to see why he is successfull passing the ball. In the NFL today, a passing game has to be the priority.
A majority of the people think he would be good OC in the NFL.
Here is the link: LINK (http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2010/1/4/1233031/would-mike-leach-be-a-good-nfl)

Even though Singletary has never been a DC, most agree that he is a defensive minded coach. What he done as a defensive player in NFL has carried over into his coaching.
There are many teams who could use him as their DC.
Here is the link: LINK (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/554807-mike-singletary-10-teams-that-could-use-him-as-defensive-coordinator)

As for Andy Dalton. That's JMO. I have seen him play and I think he has the mechanics to be a great passing qb in the NFL.
Hey, I have a nack for recognizing talent, what can I say? :p

Macarthur
01-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
not disagreeing, but he was also not a yes man..neither was of course Jimmy Johnson..and actually Chan Gailey was not a yes man

Todd Archer who has covered the Cowboys for years says Jones's problem has never been needing a yes man, it is that HE listens to the coaches WAY to much and does not overrule them enough on player decisions

I think this is an interesting observation. I've always thought Jerry's biggest problem is that he's too loyal.