PDA

View Full Version : More proof we need a playoff in college

hawkfan
01-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I think TCU earned the right to play for a national championship but won't because they are not in an "elite conference".

UCONN has no business being in a BCS bowl and proved it but was there because thay were conference champs a of a weak Big East and would get beatout in the 1st or 2nd round if there was a playoff.

What do you all think?

Daddy D 11
01-02-2011, 12:35 AM
i think your signature pretty much sums this one up

sTxforlife
01-02-2011, 02:01 PM
I agree if you go undefeated and prove that you belong with the big boys, you should get a shot at the national championship

Pendragon13
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
TCU has a good team this year, no doubt about that...and they've been putting good teams on the field for the past 10 years or so. Having said that, do you really think that TCU would be 13-0 right now if they played in either the Pac-10, Big 12, Big 10 or SEC? It's all moot anyway since they are going the Big East in 2012 which has an automatic bid..

mwrams
01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
It really does not matter weather anyone thinks they could hang with the SEC, Big XII, Big Ten etc...the bottom line is they went 13-0 and 20 years from now the record will show they won the Rose Bowl... not that they couldn't hang with the big boys!

wildstangs
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Playoff needed? YES!

Could TCU win a national championship? I am not convinced yet. Here is why. The Big 10 has looked AWFUL this year in bowl games. I don't think TCU could beat Auburn or Oregon this year, and probably not Alabama.

Nothing wrong with going 13-0 and winning the Rose Bowl. TCU deserves to be VERY proud of that accomplishment.

YTBulldogs
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Playoff needed? YES!

Could TCU win a national championship? I am not convinced yet. Here is why. The Big 10 has looked AWFUL this year in bowl games. I don't think TCU could beat Auburn or Oregon this year, and probably not Alabama.

Nothing wrong with going 13-0 and winning the Rose Bowl. TCU deserves to be VERY proud of that accomplishment.

I agree. To hang with the big boys over and over, Frogs gotta get some beef up front.

Wisconsin play calling stunk last night. When your averaging 10 yards a carry, and out weigh your opponent by 40-50 lbs, why throw the ball, ever? What happened to pounding the pebble? Taking the 3, 13, 30 yards a tote like they did first few drives. It was clear TCU could not stop the run.

Eagle1
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM
They can still have all the bowls just have #1 play #4 and #3 play #2 on New years then 2 weeks later the winner of those two play for the National Championship. We would have all the bowls and a mini four team playoff. This would solve alot of problems and the extra game would bring some major money to the schools involved:)

VWG
01-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Definitely needs a playoff system.... Too much money involved right now in the BCS though.

It sucks for the fans, but if you had a gig going that was making you a fortune, would you want to venture out and possibly lose some money just to make some people happy? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a BCS fan, but it is what it is. BCS reminds me of the UIL sometimes. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but they are lining their pockets annually.

YTBulldogs
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Definitely needs a playoff system.... Too much money involved right now in the BCS though.

It sucks for the fans, but if you had a gig going that was making you a fortune, would you want to venture out and possibly lose some money just to make some people happy? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a BCS fan, but it is what it is. BCS reminds me of the UIL sometimes. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but they are lining their pockets annually.

I see more money being made going with a D1 playoff format then the current method.