PDA

View Full Version : TCU vs Wisconsin

Bullaholic
01-01-2011, 05:43 PM
10-7 Wis in 1st. Looking like a shootout so far. Dang those Badger backs and line are stout. I hope the Frogs speed holds up. Great game so far.

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Ginger Dalton's gettin it done

Bullaholic
01-01-2011, 05:50 PM
14-10 Frogs--end of 1st. Dalton playing well so far. Go Frogs!

slpybear the bullfan
01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Just a note... I thought we had a thread on here about TCU wearing those god awful Nike pro combat unis for the Rose Bowl. Glad to see they are not!

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I do like the helmet logos

Looking4number8
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Brownwood's Bart Johnson caught TCU's first TD pass... that was cool to see!

LoboesWT
01-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Bridgeports C. Jones getting some tackles, good 3a representation.

Tin Cup
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Carthage player on TCU defense also, right?

Bullaholic
01-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Two good teams going at it---great game to watch. Toads need some traction.

DDBooger
01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Great half

turbostud
01-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Game could come down to turnovers. None yet.

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Is anyone else basking in then badarseness that is Tank Carder right now?

hollywood
01-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

Representing Sweeny well!

TexMike
01-01-2011, 07:37 PM
He is a stud Just read the story about him being thrown from a moving car when he was boy. No wonder he is so ferocious. He is not afraid of death

turbostud
01-01-2011, 07:39 PM

I am.

hollywood
01-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Frank the tank, Frank the tank, Frank the tank!

jason
01-01-2011, 07:42 PM
his fellow linebacker is from copperas cove - got to watch him play all of his high school career, he was fun to watch...

turbostud
01-01-2011, 07:43 PM
TCU D takin over.

bigwood33
01-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Well, I am warming up some crow! TCU is playing great. I hope they hang on and win.

Saggy Aggie
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Double post.

FB-fanatic
01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
PASS BLOCKED!!!

Saggy Aggie
01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Tank Carder single handedly beat us for the district championship his senior year at sweeny 17-14. Scored both tds, both extra points, and the Fg.

And I have no idea why they tried to pass on that 2 pt try. :confused:

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Hush BW!!!:mad:

turbostud
01-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Double post.

How do you have a double post 15 minutes later. To much beer?

bigwood33
Congrats TCU and all of their supporters! I was wrong. THIS crow isn't bitter at all.

BaseballUmp
Originally posted by turbostud
How do you have a double post 15 minutes later. To much beer?
Aggie...explains a lot lol

kaorder1999
01-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Gary Patterson pulls up his pants every 10 seconds..

turbostud
Aggie...explains a lot lol

LOL, you're right.

BaseballUmp
Why don't they show these idiots on tv!!!

Bullaholic
01-01-2011, 08:11 PM
way to go FROGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!

hollywood
01-01-2011, 08:18 PM
3A represented the Rose Bowl well! T. Carter from Sweeny blocked the pass for the 2 pt conversion and B. Johnson from Brownwood caught the kick on the onside to keep Wisconsin from having a chance! :clap:

Looking4number8
01-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Hush BW!!!:mad:

awww come on, Bart Johnson catches the first TD and recovers the attempted on sides kick to secure the game and you wont let us talk about it......:) :) :)

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Nope, take it somewhere else lol

shamu85
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
How 'bout that Sweeny boy!

Sweeny, Brownwood, Carthage, Edna, Hutto, Bridgeport, Copperas Cove (I know they are 5A, but still a small town), Kilgore.

All those small town Texas boys, it's fun to see.

Tres Lobos
01-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Collin Jones from Bridgeport also played a great game!

hollywood
01-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Tank Carter bio from gofrogs.com

High School: Named the Most Valuable Player in District 24-3A and Brazoria County ... first-team All-District 24- 3A and the Houston-area Defensive Player of the Year ... utilized at quarterback, fullback, linebacker, tailback, punter and kicker as a senior ... accounted for 1,200 yards of offense and 116 tackles on defense ... ran for nine touchdowns and caught two scoring passes ... converted 29 PATs and seven field goals ... scored 25 points (three touchdowns, four PATs and a field goal) in a 31-7 playoff victory over La Grange ... had the game-winning touchdown in a 35-28 overtime victory against Kirbyville in the area round.

shamu85
01-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos

I went back and edited the post, because I don't know how in the world I forgot about him. He had a monster game.

neck_06
01-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Tank Carder single handedly beat us for the district championship his senior year at sweeny 17-14. Scored both tds, both extra points, and the Fg.

And I have no idea why they tried to pass on that 2 pt try. :confused:

He did not, however, beat WC my junior or senior year! :)

Sweetwater Red
01-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos

Yes he did. I was just talking about the great game he had against Monahans back in 2005.

That's still one of the top 3 best 'individual' performances I've ever seen at the HS level.

turbostud
01-01-2011, 09:03 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0101/ncf_u_tcu13_576.jpg

sinfan75
01-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't guess TCU would have a chance at the national title. Helluva showin before joinin the Big East.

bigwood33
01-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I think they have one more year in the Mountain West. They go to the Big East in 2012.

lv2937
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
3A represented the Rose Bowl well! T. Carter from Sweeny blocked the pass for the 2 pt conversion and B. Johnson from Brownwood caught the kick on the onside to keep Wisconsin from having a chance! :clap: have to add Burnet to that list. field goal and extra point kicker is from burnet.

Rabid Cougar
01-01-2011, 09:22 PM
13-0..... National Champions until someone beats them.

shamu85
01-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
13-0..... National Champions until someone beats them.

I saw one of the ESPN college analysts the other night had TCU as their 2011 preseason number one.

Ernest T Bass
01-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Easy there, big fella. They proved that they're on the same level as the "Major" programs, but not many of those are on the level of the two that are playing on January 10th. I think Oregon and Auburn both have a pretty easy time with TCU or Wisconsin, this year.

DDBooger
01-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Easy there, big fella. They proved that they're on the same level as the "Major" programs, but not many of those are on the level of the two that are playing on January 10th. I think Oregon and Auburn both have a pretty easy time with TCU or Wisconsin, this year. I think TCU was better suited to play those teams than Wisconsin. Quite surprised they won, but glad they did.

Rabid Cougar
Easy there, big fella. They proved that they're on the same level as the "Major" programs, but not many of those are on the level of the two that are playing on January 10th. I think Oregon and Auburn both have a pretty easy time with TCU or Wisconsin, this year.

Supposedly Wisconsin was going to have an easy time with TCU.

Its time for a true National Championship playoff.

LoboesWT

A theory that can never be proven under the current system!

Ernest T Bass
01-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I think TCU was better suited to play those teams than Wisconsin.
Scheme-wise, yes. But I dont think competitively. TCU was probably a solid 3rd or 4th in the SEC this year, and a VERY solid 2nd in the Pac10.

DDBooger
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Scheme-wise, yes. But I dont think competitively. TCU was probably a solid 3rd or 4th in the SEC this year, and a VERY solid 2nd in the Pac10. That's fine, but how you would finish hypothetically in the SEC doesn't always determine champions. It is just as likely that USC and UT would have lost one game in '05 if they had played in the SEC. I think TCU against OU and Auburn would do fine. I think they'd have a harder time vs Bama, but that is just my opinion.

Tin Cup
01-01-2011, 09:40 PM
TCU is the Rose Bowl Champion, not National Champion. They won the game they deserved to be in and looked outstanding doing it. Some may feel they were slighted, but I guarantee you this win was as big as a Nat'l Championship in terms of validity, recruiting, and great coaching staff. This win is HUGE for recruiting and they will not feel cheated from the money and players this win will give the program. They deserved it, they earned it!

LoboesWT
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
TCU is the Rose Bowl Champion, not National Champion. They won the game they deserved to be in and looked outstanding doing it. Some may feel they were slighted, but I guarantee you this win was as big as a Nat'l Championship in terms of validity, recruiting, and great coaching staff. This win is HUGE for recruiting and they will not feel cheated from the money and players this win will give the program. They deserved it, they earned it!

In addition, they will have the opportunity to compete for a National Championship in the very near future.

DDBooger
01-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
In addition, they will have the opportunity to compete for a National Championship in the very near future. They may actually present a problem as a 3rd AQ school who goes undefeated.

shamu85
01-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Scheme-wise, yes. But I dont think competitively. TCU was probably a solid 3rd or 4th in the SEC this year, and a VERY solid 2nd in the Pac10.

What...are...you...smoking?

Alabama might have given TCU a game but only if they played like they did in their bowl game. Who else besides Auburn could have competed with TCU? Arkanasas? They barely beat A&M and the Aggies had many opportunities to with that game. Their D gave up almost 23 points a game, and their offense was pretty one dimensional with a 64th ranked rushing game. Florida? Their offense was pitiful this year, and would not have scored more than 10 against the TCU D. They lost to every ranked team they played this year, and by a lot except for LSU. South Carolina? Please. They had to be the most inconsistent team in the whole conference this year. They lost to Kentucky!

Ernest T Bass
01-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
What...are...you...smoking?

Alabama might have given TCU a game but only if they played like they did in their bowl game. Who else besides Auburn could have competed with TCU? Arkanasas? They barely beat A&M and the Aggies had many opportunities to with that game. Their D gave up almost 23 points a game, and their offense was pretty one dimensional with a 64th ranked rushing game. Florida? Their offense was pitiful this year, and would not have scored more than 10 against the TCU D. They lost to every ranked team they played this year, and by a lot except for LSU. South Carolina? Please. They had to be the most inconsistent team in the whole conference this year. They lost to Kentucky!

Im thinking Auburn #1, Bama #2, LSU and TCU play for 3rd.

shamu85
01-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Im thinking Auburn #1, Bama #2, LSU and TCU play for 3rd.

I'll have to disagree Bert...for the block.

Daddy D 11
01-02-2011, 12:20 AM
TCU loses 15 of their 22 starters...

next year will be different for the horny toads

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 12:24 AM
IMO, some people are just not ready to accept the fact that TCU has finally reached the same plateau as the bigger, more popular schools. That's okay. This was a great win for them. Congrats TCU. :clap:

Daddy D 11
01-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
IMO, some people are just not ready to accept the fact that TCU has finally reached the same plateau as the bigger, more popular schools. That's okay. This was a great win for them. Congrats TCU. :clap:

How so? They won ONE game on a big stage????

If they play in most any other conference they aren't even in the Rose Bowl.. 30 teams in the country could have gone undefeated with the schedule TCU played. They did nothing special this year except show up and play a hell of a game today and beat a good team. But they only had to do that ONE TIME this year. Let's see them do it a half dozen times in a season.

Put me in the box against Cliff Lee one time and who knows I might get a single and can pound my chest at how awesome I am for batting 1000%.... let me bat 10 more time and I guarantee I'm not batting 1000% anymore.

Throughout this entire topic you have never seen me doubt TCU's talent as a team. They have a darn good football team and can hang with anyone. But there are 15 other schools out there that are ranked under them that can say the same thing! Problem is, those other teams play in real conferences and were tested much more often than the Horned Frogs. Because of tougher competition, those teams have 1 or 2 losses and didn't get the chance that TCU did.

BaseballUmp
01-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Put me in the box against Cliff Lee one time and who knows I might get a single and can pound my chest at how awesome I am for batting 1000%.... let me bat 10 more time and I guarantee I'm not batting 1000% anymore.

What about Wakefield?

Daddy D 11
01-02-2011, 12:42 AM
What about Wakefield?

That knuckle ball would do me in for sure lol

BaseballUmp
01-02-2011, 12:49 AM
That knuckle ball would do me in for sure lol
Probably why I struck you out...

(I say this with no knowledge of if you played baseball or I actually struck anyone out the times I pitched against yall lol)

Daddy D 11
01-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Probably why I struck you out...

(I say this with no knowledge of if you played baseball or I actually struck anyone out the times I pitched against yall lol)

My junior and senior year I pitched against yall in Cameron (07-08).

BaseballUmp
01-02-2011, 12:55 AM
I think I pitched against yall in LH and Cameron in 06 or 07. I know I did in LH but not sure if it was my junior year or senior and when we even played at either place

Rabid Cougar
01-02-2011, 08:19 AM
How so? They won ONE game on a big stage????

Problem is, those other teams play in real conferences and were tested much more often than the Horned Frogs. Because of tougher competition, those teams have 1 or 2 losses and didn't get the chance that TCU did.

So what is your excuse for Wisconsin playing against a schedule that they do? The Big 10 ... what a joke.

Auburn and their non Conference schedule - brutal????
They had trouble beating Clemson?

Matthew328
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM
It's a great day for the Frogs.

OldBison75
01-02-2011, 10:59 AM
The argument that TCU would not win more times than not applies to every team that plays in the NC Game. There are so many varibles that affect the outcome of any game. A key injury, weather, even a bad day, or key turnover can swing any game when you get to that level.

TCU went undefeated for the year, beat a "Big 10" team that no one believed they would beat, and, if the truth be known, would probably play any team in the BCS a decent game and beat many of them.

Have you ever thought that BCS teams might not want to schedule a team like TCU for fear they might lose and ruin thier chances at the National Championship.

Daddy D 11
01-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
So what is your excuse for Wisconsin playing against a schedule that they do? The Big 10 ... what a joke.

Auburn and their non Conference schedule - brutal????
They had trouble beating Clemson?

Wisconsin beat the #1 team in the country at one point, the same team that's in a BCS game (Sugar Bowl). That one win alone makes their schedule infinitely more difficult than TCU's. Yeah, Auburn played an easy non conference... but when CONFERENCE PLAY came around they played more ranked teams than anyone else. That is my point to all of you, if TCU was in a real conference they would face much tougher competition week in and week out and they wouldn't have ever been in that bowl game last night. All you guys talk about how easy these greats teams non conference schedules are while ignoring the other 8 games that teams like Auburn, Oregon, Arkansas, Stanford, Nebraksa, etc played. That is stupid on yalls part. TCU had as "easy" as a non conference schedule as anyone... then got to conference and things got EASIER.

There are probably 7 teams in the big 12 that would have run the table with that same schedule... would you be arguing for Texas A&M to be in the national championship game?? What about Mizzou? Are they good enough to play Oregon or Auburn? Hell, what about Nebraska... are they good enough as a team to play for the National Championship?

The easy answer for all of you guys to that question would be "No, they lost to so and so."

Well, if those 3 teams had played TCU's schedule they would be undefeated! Then what?? Would you be moaning that they too "deserve a shot"???
No you wouldn't because those teams have been exposed by a higher level of competition already for all eyes to see. TCU was never pitted against higher competition... thus the illusion that they are great.

SHSBulldog00
01-02-2011, 12:18 PM
TCU loses 15 of their 22 starters...

next year will be different for the horny toads

Great win by the Frogs. It could be 16 of 22 if Tank leaves early for the draft.

He will talk with coach Patterson, his family and the NFL to see if he will stay or go.

Best of Luck to Tank and TCU no matter what their futures may hold.:clap:

Looking4number8
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Wisconsin beat the #1 team in the country at one point, the same team that's in a BCS game (Sugar Bowl). That one win alone makes their schedule infinitely more difficult than TCU's. Yeah, Auburn played an easy non conference... but when CONFERENCE PLAY came around they played more ranked teams than anyone else. That is my point to all of you, if TCU was in a real conference they would face much tougher competition week in and week out and they wouldn't have ever been in that bowl game last night. All you guys talk about how easy these greats teams non conference schedules are while ignoring the other 8 games that teams like Auburn, Oregon, Arkansas, Stanford, Nebraksa, etc played. That is stupid on yalls part. TCU had as "easy" as a non conference schedule as anyone... then got to conference and things got EASIER.

There are probably 7 teams in the big 12 that would have run the table with that same schedule... would you be arguing for Texas A&M to be in the national championship game?? What about Mizzou? Are they good enough to play Oregon or Auburn? Hell, what about Nebraska... are they good enough as a team to play for the National Championship?

The easy answer for all of you guys to that question would be "No, they lost to so and so."

Well, if those 3 teams had played TCU's schedule they would be undefeated! Then what?? Would you be moaning that they too "deserve a shot"???
No you wouldn't because those teams have been exposed by a higher level of competition already for all eyes to see. TCU was never pitted against higher competition... thus the illusion that they are great.

So you are saying that TCU did not look and play good last night... just asking?

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM

TCU's football program has been slowly building and gaining repectability since Patterson arrived some 9-10 years ago. The recruiting has improved and should only get better after this big win. I look for them to compete at a higher level for many years to come if Patterson stays. I'm not a TCU fan/supporter, I just think you give credit where credit is due and TCU has paid theirs. If you choose not to, that is of course your prerogative. That I think however reflects stupidity on your part. As I said before, just my opinion. :thinking: :)

Ernest T Bass
01-02-2011, 01:37 PM
TCU's football program has been slowly building and gaining repectability since Patterson arrived some 9-10 years ago. The recruiting has improved and should only get better after this big win. I look for them to compete at a higher level for many years to come if Patterson stays. I'm not a TCU fan/supporter, I just think you give credit where credit is due and TCU has paid theirs. If you choose not to, that is of course your prerogative. That I think however reflects stupidity on your part. As I said before, just my opinion. :thinking: :)

Technically, TCU's success started under the Franchione regime(Patterson was his DC). With his debacles at Bama and A&M, many people forget that he took TCU from below mediocricy to respectibility.

LoboesWT
01-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Technically, TCU's success started under the Franchione regime(Patterson was his DC). With his debacles at Bama and A&M, many people forget that he took TCU from below mediocricy to respectibility.

Just a side note, Franchione prior to TCU had New Mexico Lobos slightly headed towards respectability. TCU will get their chance next year to make a claim of a tougher schedule, although the Big East is not a football powerhouse conference.

Ernest T Bass
01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Franchione proved his worth long before his stock sank so low in College Station. Not sure what happened there.
To me, this season proves that TCU is a nationally competitive program. Could they have gone undefeated in the Big12, SEC, Big10, or pac10? Probably not. But, only 2 teams in the whole country were able to do that. But I think it's safe to say that TCU would be competitive in any of the "power" conferences and could easily have a lucky season and get on a roll like Auburn and Oregon did this year, or UT and Bama did last year.

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM

That's right. I had forgotten that Patterson was already there as the DC. Wasn't there a little controversy over who would coach that last bowl game when Franchione had made the decision early to take the Alabama job?

Matthew328
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM

It feels great to be 13-0 and Rose Bowl champs.

People always say "if TCU was in the Big 12 blah blah" the thing is if TCU was in the Big 12 how much more talent would they have on hand?

Bullaholic
01-02-2011, 03:55 PM
TCU was never pitted against higher competition... thus the illusion that they are great.

What do you call WI? Nuff said---SHUT UP DADDY! :D

The Frogs deserve the respect they just earned, just like Boise did when they beat OU, any way you want to slice it.

griff
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

The Frogs deserve the respect they just earned, just like Boise did when they beat OU, any way you want to slice it.
More respect was earned by TCU in this game (and season) than the Boise St. team that beat OU. The stakes were higher - TCU was undefeated, ranked #3 and beat the #5 team and champs of the Big 10. The OU and Boise teams of that aforementioned game did not have the pedigree that this year's Rose Bowl teams had.

I was hoping for Auburn to lose to Alabama so the BCS would bump TCU into the national title game. They ARE good enough to be there and WIN it. I hate that this won't happen, but proud of what the Frogs accomplished.

Daddy D 11
01-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Wisconsin is great competition... but that was one game that TCU had 30+ days to prepare for. Very special circumstances. Put them in the norm where they face better competition week in and week out and they are not undefeated.

Referring to Looking: I have said before I think they are a good football team and proved it last night. What they haven't proved is whether or not they stack up on the reg against better competition.

For example, last year against a fellow non automatic qualifier in a BCS bowl they lost. So in big games against better competition they are 1-1. That literally is all we have to judge them by! You cannot evaluate them by their blowouts in the MWC and then compare that to a Pac-10, SEC, Big Ten, or Big 12 schools body of work and say they are of equal value.

Bull Butter
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by griff
More respect was earned by TCU in this game (and season) than the Boise St. team that beat OU. The stakes were higher - TCU was undefeated, ranked #3 and beat the #5 team and champs of the Big 10. The OU and Boise teams of that aforementioned game did not have the pedigree that this year's Rose Bowl teams had.

I was hoping for Auburn to lose to Alabama so the BCS would bump TCU into the national title game. They ARE good enough to be there and WIN it. I hate that this won't happen, but proud of what the Frogs accomplished.

Not to discredit what Boise did to OU, but BSU pulled nearly every trick play known to mankind in that game. TCU just lined up and took it straight to the Badgers.

In addition, Tank is a bad arse and represented 3A Football exceptionally well :clap: :clap: :clap:

NastySlot
01-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

People always say "if TCU was in the Big 12 blah blah" the thing is if TCU was in the Big 12 how much more talent would they have on hand?

IDK....i say not much more...and don't know if they would really be as successful..........Fact is they are what they are and they are good......I really think TCU has it right..(and im a aggie)....they don't need Texas, A&M, Tech and the weak big xii schools to make a name for themselves.

I really don't think all the schools in the state need to be in a conference with Texas to be successful....they might be surprised to see what would happen.

if Tech hadn't lobbied to follow Texas and the Aggies and instead joined the WAC...later MWC...it might be them instead of TCU winning the Rose Bowl.........if the Aggies had joined the SEC and taken their lumps it might sooner or later be their turn at the BCS............and if Texas would go independent .........they might be a winning version of Notre Dame...TV, money more home games and a tie in to BCS bowl etc.

sorry I didn't mean to distract from TCU......Congrats and Great Job...........people out there know they have something special and good.

Matthew328
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
TCU loses 3-4 kids every year because they aren't in the Big 12.....

LoboesWT
01-02-2011, 11:10 PM
How will the Big East impact their recruiting?

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 11:50 PM

Could it just be that they lose 3-4 kids every year to graduation?:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Could it just be that they lose 3-4 kids every year to graduation?:rolleyes:

He is referring to recruiting. Come on... keep up.

Tejastrue
01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
He is referring to recruiting. Come on... keep up. [/QUOTE

]Glad to see that you have decided to jump back in Daddy D 11! !! Sorry, I am old and have trouble keeping up. Thanks to the new technology, I have a chance. Maybe you can explain??

Saggy Aggie
01-03-2011, 01:27 AM
TCU opened my eyes a bit. Dalton is a lot better than I originally thought. That said, I'm still not 100% sold.

Congrats to the Horned Frogs on a great game and a Rose bowl Victory. I think the move to the big east will help give them some credibility schedule wise (even though the big east is weak) and provide them an opportunity at a BCS bowl even if they lose a game or two (like Uconn). I think TCU is now on a lot of peoples' national radar and I don't really forsee any significant dropoff in the near future.

Matthew328
01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
How will the Big East impact their recruiting?
I think it helps some, but its a lot easier to sell games in Waco, Austin, Lubbock, College Station, Norman and Stillwater versus games in Morgantown, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, New Jersey etc...so I still think for the most part TCU will lose out on those big time kids.

RoyceTTU
01-03-2011, 01:13 PM
I think it helps some, but its a lot easier to sell games in Waco, Austin, Lubbock, College Station, Norman and Stillwater versus games in Morgantown, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, New Jersey etc...so I still think for the most part TCU will lose out on those big time kids.

Would you agree that the Big East has more to gain as far as recruiting that TCU?

The recruiters for those north and East teams can now promise the Texas HS players atleast 1 game for their parants to watch in Texas. I know it's not much, but its' 1 more game than they were getting.

LoboesWT
01-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Would you agree that the Big East has more to gain as far as recruiting that TCU?

The recruiters for those north and East teams can now promise the Texas HS players atleast 1 game for their parants to watch in Texas. I know it's not much, but its' 1 more game than they were getting.

That's is what I would think. Initially, this gives the Big East an opening to entice some more Texas talent. On the backside, some of the East Coast talent may want to get the Texas experience. TCU has an opportunity to go into this conference and reign supreme if they can continue to improve as they have over the last decade.

Black_Magic
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM

People always say "if TCU was in the Big 12 blah blah" the thing is if TCU was in the Big 12 how much more talent would they have on hand? TCU I beleive is the best in the country right now. I think Wisconsin was a dang good team. I think Wisconsin is legitimatly better than Oregon. If I could put a top name a top 5 it would be TCU, Auburn, Alabama,Arkansas, Wisconsin. Just My oppinion.

Matthew328
01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
That's is what I would think. Initially, this gives the Big East an opening to entice some more Texas talent. On the backside, some of the East Coast talent may want to get the Texas experience. TCU has an opportunity to go into this conference and reign supreme if they can continue to improve as they have over the last decade.

TCU has done a very good job with out of state recruiting...last year they got a big time kid from Florida and Louisiana...they've gotten several kids from OK this year, one from Kansas and one from Cali..they are in the mix for a stud DT from Louisiana and a stud DE from Cali as well.....

As for Big East teams recruiting in TX it helps some I guess but most of those teams like recruiting Florida

RoyceTTU
01-03-2011, 03:31 PM
TCU has done a very good job with out of state recruiting...last year they got a big time kid from Florida and Louisiana...they've gotten several kids from OK this year, one from Kansas and one from Cali..they are in the mix for a stud DT from Louisiana and a stud DE from Cali as well.....

As for Big East teams recruiting in TX it helps some I guess but most of those teams like recruiting Florida

I almost agree with you 100%.

Only diff is the Big East teams have more success recruiting in Florida than LIKE recruiting there. But in the end, you go where you are able to put the best players on the field.

Matthew328
01-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Speaking of schedules apparently for the 2nd year in a row Tech has dropped TCU from the schedule....makes it tough when people buy out of the games...

RoyceTTU
01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Speaking of schedules apparently for the 2nd year in a row Tech has dropped TCU from the schedule....makes it tough when people buy out of the games...

Don't know, I havn't heard. That's disappointing though. If the Big 12 is going to survive and grow back into a dominance stance, we need to be playing the best teams in the nation.

Matthew328
01-03-2011, 04:02 PM
It's pretty much a done deal from what I've heard...all that TCU is waiting on is the check from Tech

RoyceTTU
01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
It's pretty much a done deal from what I've heard...all that TCU is waiting on is the check from Tech

I wonder if they are making a play to put SMU back on the schedule like the last couple of years. If we end up with Weber State (a non bowl eligibe game) on our schedule, I'll be very disapointed.

LoboesWT
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I wonder if they are making a play to put SMU back on the schedule like the last couple of years. If we end up with Weber State (a non bowl eligibe game) on our schedule, I'll be very disapointed.

+1 I have been quite dissapointed with non-conference schedule even with Leach. If you want more credibility, you have to take more chances. Dissapointing that we won't be playing a TCU.

RoyceTTU
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
+1 I have been quite dissapointed with non-conference schedule even with Leach. If you want more credibility, you have to take more chances. Dissapointing that we won't be playing a TCU.

I liked having U of H and SMU on the schedule. I'm always on the fence with New Mexico. They are a wildcard, you never know what they will show up with. Weber and some of the others are for sure disappointing.

Right now, I'm more worried who is going to be the defensive mastermind for the Red Raiders.