PDA

View Full Version : cody cummings....

trojandad
01-01-2011, 08:52 AM
i just wanted one heads up for this kid before he goes unheralded to the next level....

302 carries, 2,533 yards, 8.4 yds/carry, 29 tds....

more yards and tds than any of the 1st team all state rbs....

and second fiddle on a team with a rb with superior skills....

i've watched this young man for 3 years and if you've seen our team you know him even without knowing his number, he's the coldspring rb that, when he was running, will get stood up somewhere in the game with someone holding his foot, can see a def player bearing down to level him, and still doesn't know how to go down early to save the hit....if i've had a penny for everytime i've thought "get down cody, he's gonna kill you" i'd be a rich man....

i know there is no stat in high school for yards after the first hit but if there were, you'd be amazed at this guy....

but most important, and what i think he'd want to be remembered most for, is how, even with his numbers, this guy has been a team first man....when the 1st team all state list came out i was frustrated how overlooked he was, yet i didnt say anything because he was setting a better example than me about it.....

cody started out the beginning of the year second fiddle to last yars stud rb, tevin bryant, and just accepted the lesser carries, still getting his 90+ yds a game as a subordinate, then when gilbert got well he took his roll as the tough yard man as opposed to gilbert's speed, and never complained and even increased his numbers....

i really see this kid as someone coach barbay is gonna have a tough time replacing, he set such an example the entire year that i only hope somebody can bring that kind of toughness and selflessness to the huddle all year, i have a funny feeling its gonna be tougher than we know....

i'm sorry you haven't gotten the recognition you deserve with your numbers and the way the last game ended, cody, but you have played the game in a way that, when you get to be my age, you are gonna be extremely proud of yourself, and i can't wait to see what program takes an undersized, underspeed, overachiever cause there aren't benches big enough for guys like you......

oldtownag
01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
and second fiddle on a team with a rb with superior skills....

I disagree. I though Cody was the better back (at least in the SC game).

XMan
01-01-2011, 11:28 AM
So, where will he be playing on the next level?

trojandad
01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by XMan
So, where will he be playing on the next level?

i haven't seen where he has committed to any school yet, but the list of interested schools i have seen aren't big 12, sec schools, etc.....several mt west and conference usa schools interested....he's just gonna be one of those kids that does the rudy thing, he's so tough its just gonna be hard to ignore the guy....

Tejastrue
01-02-2011, 03:31 PM
i haven't seen where he has committed to any school yet, but the list of interested schools i have seen aren't big 12, sec schools, etc.....several mt west and conference usa schools interested....he's just gonna be one of those kids that does the rudy thing, he's so tough its just gonna be hard to ignore the guy....

I think I understand Trojandad. Too many scouts with the "stop watch" mentality. He looks to be a very good "downhill runner". I suspect he'll be successful wherever he decides to go. Keep me informed if you would on where he ends up.

trojandad
01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
I think I understand Trojandad. Too many scouts with the "stop watch" mentality. He looks to be a very good "downhill runner". I suspect he'll be successful wherever he decides to go. Keep me informed if you would on where he ends up.

my opinion is, if they can put some serious weight on him, his best position would be at TE, he has great hands, he just wasn't used in a passing mode, he's tough enough to make a great TE in the next level....

i will keep everyone updated when i hear....

oldtownag
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
my opinion is, if they can put some serious weight on him, his best position would be at TE, he has great hands, he just wasn't used in a passing mode, he's tough enough to make a great TE in the next level....

i will keep everyone updated when i hear....

Too short for TE.

trojandad
01-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Too short for TE.

and he's too slow for a rb, he only has more yardage than any all state rb....

and morgan is too short for a qb.....wouldnt write him off at the next level....

Tejastrue
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
and he's too slow for a rb, he only has more yardage than any all state rb....

and morgan is too short for a qb.....wouldnt write him off at the next level....

:clap: :clap: