PDA

View Full Version : Coin Toss Question

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 10:40 AM
I am kind of confused about the coin toss ordeal that has a couple of the Burnet fans excited.

It is my understanding that in the case of a coin toss, the results of the coin toss are made known, PRIOR to the toss, as well as the mutual options that would play out, should the coaches decide not to Gamble on the toss.

That being the case, didn't the Burnet coaches know what the result would be, before they chose to gamble on the flip? And if so, who should all two of these "fans" really be upset with?

I think that the majority of the Burnet fans are just fine with the venue by the way.

BIG19
11-24-2003, 11:03 AM
I have not seen anything that shows the coaches are updet about playing there. Heck for me, just playing at this level should be enough of a priority, not the site. Sure I understand the home field advantage, but fans will/should be there no matter where the game is being played.

I for one am good with the choice of venues. Really doesn't matter when and where the game is going to be played. Players, band, and drill teams will be there. Fans will come from both sides and the game will be a great one. Would not miss it.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
11-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Honestly, i was hoping we would play somewhere's close, and the Buc is about as good as it gets, well, next to Pirate Stadium on the Campus of Sinton High School. The stadium will be packed, no matter where the game is. I look for fans of the surrounding teams, that play on saturday, and other towns, to help pack the stadium out this week. Don't look for just maroon as there will be many more colors this week on the sinton side.
-aa

BIG19
11-24-2003, 11:10 AM
District303aPastPlayer check your PM

JCM
11-24-2003, 11:14 AM
The Burnet-Sinton game is part of a double-header at the Buc in Corpus Christi. Burnet-Sinton play at 3:00 PM and Westlake-Harlingen at 8:00 PM. You best get there early to get a seat.

District303aPastPlayer
11-24-2003, 11:27 AM
BIg 19, check your PMs

Old Dog
11-24-2003, 11:28 AM
I agree with Big19! The coaches take care of these things and they do the best they can. I'm not overflowing with glee at the drive, but I know the Sinton folks are always very nice and generally feel the same about us Burnetites. We all appreciate good football and look forward to the game. When the dust settles, I still intend to be friends with all the Sinton downlow users.

District303aPastPlayer
11-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Indeed we will remain friends :)

Chris Hart
11-24-2003, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't care if the game was played in Bora Bora, I'd still be there. We probably won't have a very large crowd this time, but we(the fans) aren't the ones playing. I have seen some small crowds in my time that could still get pretty loud. Go Burnet! :)

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Well, as one of the "all two people" who are upset about this... maybe I am just one of the two on this board. I know plenty of people who are upset about this, maybe they don't post here, or are too politically correct to gripe about it openly. Thanks for your support fellow Burnet fans.

I am thrilled for Burnet to being playing at this level as well, never said I wasn't- and I'd drive anywhere for our dogs.

There are some things I know about from a personal source that I won't disclose, which may answer a few questions, but all in all, you are right -- the coaches know ahead of time and knew it was a chance. Apparently they couldn't agree beforehand. Too bad so sad, true... but that just proves the Sinton admin is unwilling to try to accomodate the other team, by at least meeting a venue closer to both teams homes.

The very worst part of this entire thing is that we will miss the entire UT/A&M game. That makes me madder than anything! :mad: :D :D