PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska vs Washington

Ernest T Bass
12-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Did that commentator really just say "Nebraska has lost all 3 of their losses this year" ?

DDBooger
12-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, Jake Locker just got knocked out.

bigwood33
12-30-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Did that commentator really just say "Nebraska has lost all 3 of their losses this year" ?
With so many bowl games they are down to the "D" league for announcers. I thought that the ones who did the Army v SMU game were just awful too!

YTBulldogs
12-30-2010, 11:37 PM
They sure have watered down the bowls. When's that Frosted Flakes Cereal Bowl?

SintonFan
12-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Two words:
Playoff system.

You could incorporate the bowls into the system. Make all the lower bowls host the first few rounds and the major bowls host the last few rounds. It is a win-win situation.

If you started the playoffs the week after the conference championships and had 32 teams...
you could incorporate 31 Bowls into the playoff system and have the National Championship game play in the beginning of January.

Too easy...:nerd:

YTBulldogs
12-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Two words:
Playoff system.

You could incorporate the bowls into the system. Make all the lower bowls host the first few rounds and the major bowls host the last few rounds. It is a win-win situation.

If you started the playoffs the week after the conference championships and had 32 teams...
you could incorporate 31 Bowls into the playoff system and have the National Championship game play in the beginning of January.

Too easy...:nerd:

I agree here. This crap now stinks, and it's getting worse. Playoff, you'd make more money too, which the bowls is all about anyways. If I owned a company, and I was the name sponser of a bowl, I'd rather my money go towards a meaningful game cause it would be viewed by more people.

Yoe_09
12-31-2010, 01:37 AM
Washington: 19
Nebraska: 7

FINAL

What is the Big 12 doing?

XtremeCouture
12-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Washington: 19
Nebraska: 7

FINAL

What is the Big 12 doing?

showing off their strength. everyone knows the big 12 sucks this year. OU is the champ and look at the teams they struggled with this year.

Yoe_09
12-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
showing off their strength. everyone knows the big 12 sucks this year. OU is the champ and look at the teams they struggled with this year.

Understandable, but Nebraska beat Washington earlier in the season 56-21.

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2010, 03:46 AM
Lets be honest..Wash had more to play for in this game then NU, that is why bowls are not a good barometer of teams until you get to the BCS bowls IMO

bigwood33
12-31-2010, 08:45 AM
NE just has no offense, a good defense but they just can't score. If they went out with the easiest girl in town, they still wouldn't get past 2nd base.

LH_Tuff
12-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
I agree here. This crap now stinks, and it's getting worse. Playoff, you'd make more money too, which the bowls is all about anyways. If I owned a company, and I was the name sponser of a bowl, I'd rather my money go towards a meaningful game cause it would be viewed by more people.

It does stink. I have heard more than once this year "So and So team really wants to win this game so as to have a winning season". Pathetic. 6-6 teams do not belong in 'post season' games.

Yes, the Big-12 is stinking it up this year. I also believe UConn will beat Oklahoma.

Aesculus gilmus
12-31-2010, 09:16 AM
The Big 12-2 had its moment to disband and go away without this sort of embarrassment, but Texas decided not to pull the trigger in June. I consider what has happened to its program since then as karmic retribution.

Just go away, Big 12-2 — forever!

bobcat1
12-31-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
It does stink. I have heard more than once this year "So and So team really wants to win this game so as to have a winning season". Pathetic. 6-6 teams do not belong in 'post season' games.

Yes, the Big-12 is stinking it up this year. I also believe UConn will beat Oklahoma. I beg to differ. UNC-Tennessee was a heck of a game. Tennessee was 6-6 and UNC was 7-5

RoyceTTU
12-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I beg to differ. UNC-Tennessee was a heck of a game. Tennessee was 6-6 and UNC was 7-5

I thought the K-State game was great too. I hated to see the penalty was the game changer, but even looking past that it was a great back and forth game.

I don't think the bowl games are "watered down" like others think. I say the more the better. I can tell you that these players playing yesterday wern't playing like they didn't deserve to be there. These smaller bowl games, give the players something to play for, even if it is just dignity or a cheesy trophey.

LH_Tuff
12-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I beg to differ. UNC-Tennessee was a heck of a game. Tennessee was 6-6 and UNC was 7-5

You can beg all you want. :D Bowl games use to be a reward for a great season. Now days, not so much. It is all about money.

bobcat1
12-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I thought the K-State game was great too. I hated to see the penalty was the game changer, but even looking past that it was a great back and forth game.

I don't think the bowl games are "watered down" like others think. I say the more the better. I can tell you that these players playing yesterday wern't playing like they didn't deserve to be there. These smaller bowl games, give the players something to play for, even if it is just dignity or a cheesy trophey. Don't forget the scoreboard! Some play because they love the game and I saw that yesterday.

wildstangs
12-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I also believe UConn will beat Oklahoma.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing OU lose another bowl game, but it isn't happening against an un-ranked UConn.

MoveInDad
12-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing OU lose another bowl game, but it isn't happening against an un-ranked UConn.
If OU players were from OK, I wouldn't mind a UConn upset... however since the majority of their roster is from TX, getting a yankee slap would damage my pride.