PDA

View Full Version : When parents text...

BaseballUmp
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm sure a few of you have sent some of these...

When Parents Text (http://whenparentstext.com/)

LoboesWT
12-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I'm sure a few of you have sent some of these...

When Parents Text (http://whenparentstext.com/)

It always cracks me up when my Mom texts me, because it is perfect grammar and absolutely no abbreviations.

Ernest T Bass
12-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Ohhh, is that what's supposed to be funny about that? I honestly didn't get it at all.
I do that too. Have to use correct grammar and I can't stand to use "U' or "2".

bobcat4life
12-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
It always cracks me up when my Mom texts me, because it is perfect grammar and absolutely no abbreviations. Thats how my mom is. And if she messes up I bring it up just to listen to her complain lol
I personally think its a little weird to see anyone over 40 texting or on facebook

Looking4number8
12-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Ohhh, is that what's supposed to be funny about that? I honestly didn't get it at all.

I am with you, I did not get it either. The only shortcut I use is lol, I even spell out Okay.. never just k

I have a lot of customers that text me instead of calling or email now. It is quick and accurate for small orders or to add on to an order.

Looking4number8
12-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Thats how my mom is. And if she messes up I bring it up just to listen to her complain lol
I personally think its a little weird to see anyone over 40 texting or on facebook

It's not wierd when that person over 40 pays your phone bill for you after AT&T (or whoever) sends them a text saying it's due is it...

LH Panther Mom
12-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
It's not wierd when that person over 40 pays your phone bill for you after AT&T (or whoever) sends them a text saying it's due is it...
http://www.japanitup.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/oh-snap.jpg

Saggy Aggie
12-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Thats how my mom is. And if she messes up I bring it up just to listen to her complain lol
I personally think its a little weird to see anyone over 40 texting or on facebook +1

And the older they get, the more weird it becomes for them to text/fb.

poisoned10
12-31-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm under 30 and I can't stand to use abbreviations and I use the best grammar that I know how to use.

I can't stand to get a text like "c u l8er." Or when people leave out vowels, like "b rght thr." SO ANNOYING!

bobcat4life
12-31-2010, 02:49 PM
It's not wierd when that person over 40 pays your phone bill for you after AT&T (or whoever) sends them a text saying it's due is it... Yea it still is. I think all that crap is meant for younger people and its weird to see older people using it.

big daddy russ
12-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I'm under 30 and I can't stand to use abbreviations and I use the best grammar that I know how to use.

I can't stand to get a text like "c u l8er." Or when people leave out vowels, like "b rght thr." SO ANNOYING!
Amen.

I'm 30, been texting since I started college, and there was nothing that screamed "dumbass" to me more than those abbreviations. I don't know how it became the cool thing to do, because five years ago you got made fun of for doing it if you weren't 12.

ccmom
01-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I personally think its a little weird to see anyone over 40 texting or on facebook Wow, I guess I only have one year of eligibility left...:rolleyes:

carter08
01-01-2011, 03:44 PM
lol i luv txtng n i alwys txt lik this

poisoned10
01-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by carter08
lol i luv txtng n i alwys txt lik this

:doh: :hand:

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 05:59 PM
One other thing, any man ever seen using the little heart thing...instantly loses 4 man points and is subject to ridicule for an indefinite amount of time

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I do abbreviate not because I like to, but because I have a crap phone to text on and it takes forever just to text one sentence.

LoboesWT
01-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Testy are we! Texting to me is to be quick with less focus on technical writing IMO(oops an abbreviation, I apologize for offending your delicate sense of humor). Even my Mother and I laugh about how correct she is when texting. She has a sense of humor, even with her Minor in Eng. Lit. oops another abbreviation, you might lose it now huh?:D

Looking4number8
01-01-2011, 07:53 PM
One other thing, any man ever seen using the little heart thing...instantly loses 4 man points and is subject to ridicule for an indefinite amount of time

I am proud to say I have no idea what little heart thing you are talking about!

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Well I refuse to try and post it fearing that after calling others out I would lose what little credibility I have left on this site.

Just google it lol

Ernest T Bass
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Testy are we! Texting to me is to be quick with less focus on technical writing IMO(oops an abbreviation, I apologize for offending your delicate sense of humor). Even my Mother and I laugh about how correct she is when texting. She has a sense of humor, even with her Minor in Eng. Lit. oops another abbreviation, you might lose it now huh?:D

Was that seriously a shot at me?

LoboesWT
01-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Was that seriously a shot at me?

"Seriously" is that your Valley Girl or Grey's Anatomy vernacular?

Ernest T Bass
01-01-2011, 09:48 PM
It was a legitimate question.

se·ri·ous·ly   /ˈsɪəriəsli/ [seer-ee-uhs-lee]
–adverb
1. in a serious manner: He shook his head seriously.
2. to an alarmingly grave extent: seriously ill.
3. with genuine, earnest intent; sincerely: Seriously, kids, we have to get home before dark.

LoboesWT
01-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Seriously?

Tejastrue
01-01-2011, 10:03 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/Darklone/Seriously.jpg

LoboesWT
01-01-2011, 10:14 PM
:fnypost: Exactly!

carter08
01-01-2011, 11:40 PM
This heart?
<3

I use that heart.
Chicks dig the heart.

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM
This heart?
<3

I use that heart.
Chicks dig the heart.

This one is minus 2 man points...the one where you have to type out the code and it makes an actual heart is neg. 4

So basically right now you are on a probationary period...

carter08
01-01-2011, 11:48 PM
This one is minus 2 man points...the one where you have to type out the code and it makes an actual heart is neg. 4

So basically right now you are on a probationary period...

oh, that heart?
I hate that heart.

Saggy Aggie
01-03-2011, 01:31 AM
This heart?
<3

I use that heart.
Chicks dig the heart. I use the "<3" heart all the time, mainly on facebook statuses and comments as a kind of joke to my friends.

My gf likes to use it a lot too. meh.. I don't really care one way or the other..

Ranger Mom
01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I am 46 and my husband just turned 50....we text back and forth to each other every single day! Texts that make our own kids "uncomfortable!!" :p

He uses all the abbreviations, I never use them! On a phone with a keyboard, it takes me longer to to change the screen to go to a "2" then it takes me to just type out "too."

Texting is NOT only for the "younger" crowd!!:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
01-03-2011, 10:04 AM

That's ironic!! I could have SWORN you sent me a facebook friend request several months back.

I could have also sworn that we had a rather lengthy chat about how to get you back on the downlow where you could post again!!

How would we have ever accomplished that if it weren't for facebook??

bobcat1
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's ironic!! I could have SWORN you sent me a facebook friend request several months back.

I could have also sworn that we had a rather lengthy chat about how to get you back on the downlow where you could post again!!

How would we have ever accomplished that if it weren't for facebook?? http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/a9116a159fd2b0ea121dbf5b5e9a9def68625c08.gif

BwdLion73
01-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Wow, I guess I only have one year of eligibility left...:rolleyes:

...for the next 5 or 6 years....:devil:

ccmom
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
...for the next 5 or 6 years....:devil: Haha...well at this point I'm ok with turning 40, but in 11 more months I might feel differently. :doh: :D

crzyjournalist03
01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
This heart?
<3

I use that heart.
Chicks dig the heart.

That's a heart? I always thought that was a kiss...

Looking4number8
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Haha...well at this point I'm ok with turning 40, but in 11 more months I might feel differently. :doh: :D

What are you trying to say about me.... I know you directed that at me!!!! I am headed to my room to cry now, hope these old legs can get me there without falling!

bobcat4life
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM

How would we have ever accomplished that if it weren't for facebook?? touche' :thinking:

ccmom
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
What are you trying to say about me.... I know you directed that at me!!!! I am headed to my room to cry now, hope these old legs can get me there without falling! Nope...I turned over a new leaf this year and part of that is remembering to respect my ELDERS! :D

Ranger Mom
01-05-2011, 09:45 AM
touche' :thinking:

;)

44INAROW
01-05-2011, 10:18 AM
It always cracks me up when my Mom texts me, because it is perfect grammar and absolutely no abbreviations.
that's what moms do :)

44INAROW
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
http://www.japanitup.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/oh-snap.jpg
nice Deb :)

RoyceTTU
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Texting is NOT only for the "younger" crowd!!:rolleyes:

My parants wern't that big into texting until they got their blackberry with a full keyboard and now their IPhones. They both are quite proficient with texting now. Mom abbreviates a little and dad never does. With the Iphone and the predictive text, it is quicker to type the word as a whole.

I agree that texting and social media isn't for the young crowd. My 70+ grandmother is on facebook non-stop. My parents are on it too daily.

LoboesWT
01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's what moms do :)
I know, that's why I love my Mom. I always want to be able to get texts from her. The over forty rule that has been mentioned, does not apply here.

Saggy Aggie
01-05-2011, 03:06 PM
I taught my grandpa how to text so he can text from his hunting stand and send messages without making any noise. He also got an ipod for christmas and I put a bunch of preaching/sermons/and bible audio on it so he could listen to it. Couple that with the fact that he got a trail cam to take pictures of deer/hogs and he just figured out how to work his email.... and now he thinks he's becoming a nerd.

lmao

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I taught my grandpa how to text so he can text from his hunting stand and send messages without making any noise. He also got an ipod for christmas and I put a bunch of preaching/sermons/and bible audio on it so he could listen to it. Couple that with the fact that he got a trail cam to take pictures of deer/hogs and he just figured out how to work his email.... and now he thinks he's becoming a nerd.

lmao

He had a good Christmas!

I am horrible at texting, hate it and would rather dial a number and actually speak to the person (but not talk for long either...not much of a phone person, I guess).

BaseballUmp
01-05-2011, 04:52 PM
My mom always has to get the last word. No matter what she gets the last text.

There's no way my dad would ever text. He doesn't even know how to look at the contacts in his phone haha. He got a text from verizon one day and didnt check it until about 3 weeks later when I went home to see him

My grandma stays on facebook constantly. Like even when I come home late and its 3 something she's still online haha playin that dang farmville the cooking one...keep getting invites for that crap too lol