Yoe_09
12-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Currently tied 14-14 at the half.

sTxforlife
12-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Syracuse's rb is pretty good.

bigwood33
12-30-2010, 06:37 PM
That penalty is BS! I cannot believe that the game is decided by that!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Emerson1
12-30-2010, 06:39 PM
SMH

Yoe_09
12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Tough Penalty that basically ends the game:

Syracuse: 36
Kansas St.: 34

FINAL

bigwood33
12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
SMH
?

YTBulldogs
12-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
That penalty is BS! I cannot believe that the game is decided by that!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Appeared they got it right according to how the coaches want this called. They write the rules.

Wait till the new ULC enforcement goes into effect next year. You'll have TD's called back, that were allowed this year. Games lost, that you thought you had just won.

XtremeCouture
12-31-2010, 01:53 AM
this call is crap. the ref said he threw the flag because the player drew attention to himself. how many times do you see guys on defense celebrate sacks? is that not worthy of a flag?

TexMike
12-31-2010, 01:57 AM
COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFICIATING, LLC

CFO GUIDELINES ON UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT FOULS

Player behavior in committing unsportsmanlike conduct fouls continues to be a major point of emphasis for the NCAA Football Rules Committee and the CFO Board of Managers. Recognizing these fouls and enforcing the penalties place our officials in a difficult situation. It is the nature of the business to be criticized, and it seems especially true when we try to apply the relevant rules (Rule 9-2-1). These are judgment calls, as are all the decisions officials make during the action of the game.

As officials apply their judgment, perhaps these guidelines will be helpful:

•Remember that the game is one of high emotion, played by gifted teenagers who are affirmed by playing a game at which they are exceptionally talented.
•Do not be overly technical in applying this rule.
•Do allow for brief spontaneous emotional reactions at the end of a play.
•Beyond the brief, spontaneous bursts of energy, officials should flag those acts that are clearly prolonged, self-congratulatory, and that make a mockery of the game.
A list of specifically prohibited acts is in (a) thru (h) on FR-122,123; this list is intended to be illustrative and not exhaustive. We can all agree that when these acts are clearly intended to taunt or demean, they should not be allowed—not only because they are written in the book, but because they offend our sense of how the game should be played. We now have enough experience with this rule to know what “feels” right and wrong. Note that most if not all of these actions fall outside the category of brief, spontaneous outbursts. Rather, they present themselves as taunting, self-glorification, demeaning to opponents, or showing disrespect to the opponents and the game.

When such a situation arises, officials should wait a count, take a deep breath, and assess what they feel about what they have seen.

If it feels OK, let it go.

If it feels wrong, flag it.

It will never be possible to be totally specific in writing what should and should not be allowed. But we trust our officials to be men of good judgment who know in their hearts what should and should not be allowed in the heat of an emotional game.

Rogers Redding

NCAA Secretary-Rules Editor

David Parry

CFO National Coordinator

YTBulldogs
12-31-2010, 03:02 AM
I also know, at the college level especially, coaches have gone over and over with these players, how to react after they score a big TD.

If not, they better do so before next year, cause even more strictness is being implemented for the 2011 season. HS coaches too, should start now telling the kids not to act out of line, to knock it off.

Like it or not, it's clear based on current rules covering sportsmanship, the coaches have zero tolernace for these current actions being done by the players on the field.

Rabid Cougar
12-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
I also know, at the college level especially, coaches have gone over and over with these players, how to react after they score a big TD.

If not, they better do so before next year, cause even more strictness is being implemented for the 2011 season. HS coaches too, should start now telling the kids not to act out of line, to knock it off.

Like it or not, it's clear based on current rules covering sportsmanship, the coaches have zero tolernace for these current actions being done by the players on the field.

Tennessee did it every time they scored and the throat slash too and not one flag. Big-10 officials.. same as the 'cuse-KSU game.

The Okie state WR that ran the length of the endzone before scoring. How is that not drawing attention to oneself? No flag there either.

TexMike
12-31-2010, 11:17 AM
May be one of the most inconsistently called rules in the game. No argument abiut that.

Rabid Cougar
12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
The one that is really getting old is the contact with the QB's head.

How in the world is a DL fighting through 2 300+ Olinemen and then getting is arms up to try to block a pass then barely "swats/taps" the QB on the side of the helmet a personal foul?
I agree if a LB launches himself into the side of the QB's head but 90 % of these calls are bogus.

RoyceTTU
12-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
The one that is really getting old is the contact with the QB's head.

How in the world is a DL fighting through 2 300+ Olinemen and then getting is arms up to try to block a pass then barely "swats/taps" the QB on the side of the helmet a personal foul?
I agree if a LB launches himself into the side of the QB's head but 90 % of these calls are bogus.

They are all frustrating. At times it feels like the games are over officiated. :confused: Unless they miss a call against a Brownwood oponent, then they are under-officiating :mad:

Point being, much of it is discretion, and to be trutheful, some peoples discretion/opinion just plain HOOVERS. Why can't everyone just think like me so that everyone will be smart :D :D

PS...don't look at my NCAA pick 'em because that goes against me being the smartest :doh:

Saggy Aggie
12-31-2010, 01:04 PM
KSU got screwed. Plain and simple. You don't throw that flag in that situation for that "celebration."

You cant be serious.... :doh:

Tin Cup
12-31-2010, 01:26 PM
This is one of those examples where 1 call changes the game. I hear people say all the time "don't leave it up to the officials". I see the point but officiating can dictate the outcome, as it did in this case. Every touchdown has some variation of what the KState player did. It's no different than when two players chest bump in midair. Either call every single one of these actions or none of them. Stupid call that didn't give KS a fair chance for the tie

MoveInDad
12-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
This is one of those examples where 1 call changes the game. I hear people say all the time "don't leave it up to the officials". I see the point but officiating can dictate the outcome, as it did in this case. Every touchdown has some variation of what the KState player did. It's no different than when two players chest bump in midair. Either call every single one of these actions or none of them. Stupid call that didn't give KS a fair chance for the tie
Agreed, I really don't understand where they're going with all this pc crap regarding 'celebrating' or drawing attention to ones self as being unsportsmanlike.... soon fans be prevented from jumping up and down and screaming due to the emotional trauma inflicted on opposing fans.
Granted, sometimes when a NFL player struts around after making a tackle, I feel like shouting at the TV... get your ass back in the huddle, its your JOB to make tackles! However in the KS case, that hardly registered as a celebration, and under the circumstances, the ref's call was totally unacceptable, what a self-centered @$$!

poisoned10
12-31-2010, 03:27 PM
The ref that threw the flag was just tired and was ready to go home and knew that OT would ruin his dinner date with that nice waitress from the iHop.

MoveInDad
12-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
The ref that threw the flag was just tired and was ready to go home and knew that OT would ruin his dinner date with that nice waitress from the iHop. you know what though, that's a good point... he probably had a flight out last night and didn't want to miss it.

RoyceTTU
12-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
you know what though, that's a good point... he probably had a flight out last night and didn't want to miss it.

That might be correct if they were flying out anywhere by NY. I believe they are still on lockdown for whether. It's been pretty sketchy for traveling there

TexMike
12-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup

There were 70 points scored in this game of @ 100 plays. To say that one play which may or may not have helped keep 2 more points from being scored, cost the game, ignores the reality of the game. There are many other plays an observer could look at and say, "what if". Those had just as miuch impact on the final outcome

Tin Cup
12-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by TexMike
There were 70 points scored in this game of @ 100 plays. To say that one play which may or may not have helped keep 2 more points from being scored, cost the game, ignores the reality of the game. There are many other plays an observer could look at and say, "what if". Those had just as miuch impact on the final outcome

This is a ref response. I didn't say it cost them the game by itself, but it did make it unfair to try and tie the game.

TexMike
12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
What about all the lack of plays on the part of the team that put them in a position where 2 points even mattered?

Tin Cup
12-31-2010, 06:26 PM
What about all the lack of plays on the part of the team that put them in a position where 2 points even mattered?

I understand that. It's like the 10 missed free throws in a 1 point basketball game. The bottom line: that call cannot be made in that situation. If he deserves the penalty fine, but that salute didn't warrant that penalty.

TexMike
12-31-2010, 06:29 PM
In the eyes of many officials, you are correct. But there are others who say it was a foul. If you knew that the salute was directed at the TV camera in that corner of the endzone would it change your opinion?

bigwood33
12-31-2010, 06:46 PM
In the eyes of many officials, you are correct. But there are others who say it was a foul. If you knew that the salute was directed at the TV camera in that corner of the endzone would it change your opinion?
No, terrible call.

MoveInDad
12-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Heck no! Under the circumstances the ref, as an individual, misjudged the situation... bad call, damn sure not the first or the last, and thats no offense to officials, they do a great job making the right calls in a very fast moving environment. But this was not the case, there was no harm or advantage gained, he should have just smiled, shook his head and let the everyone involved enjoy a great contest.