PDA

View Full Version : Funny how 1 letter makes all the difference

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 09:37 AM
A husband sent this to his wife: Im having a wonderful time i wish you were her.

Funny how one letter makes a sentence good or bad!!!

MUSTANG69
12-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Might not be a good idea to go home real soon after sending that one.:D

poisoned10
12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
A husband sent this to his wife: Im having a wonderful time i wish you were her.

Funny how one letter makes a sentence good or bad!!!

:doh:

jason
12-30-2010, 10:27 AM
i was making a post once about the state bound shirt and i left out the 'r'.....

Ranger Mom
12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by jason
i was making a post once about the state bound shirt and i left out the 'r'.....

LOL!! That is exactly what I thought about when I read the thread title!

GOOD TIMES!!

BILLYFRED0000
12-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Punctuation makes a diff too.

Can I hold your handbag?

Can I hold your hand, Bag?

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Punctuation makes a diff too.

Can I hold your handbag?

Can I hold your hand, Bag? Lets eat grandma!

or

Lets eat, Grandma!

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Lets eat grandma!

or

Lets eat, Grandma! :clap: :2thumbsup

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 11:57 AM
When I was in high school, I was working at mr Gattis in Brownwood and answering phones for the delivery. It was so busy I was constantly picking up the phone and putting people on hold. The answering words were supposed to be, "Thank you for calling Mr. Gattis, can you hold please?"
However after about 30 calls I said and I quote, " Thank you for calling Mr Gattis can I hold you." And her response was," I dont know, what do you look like? " It was then that I realized I messed the words up. But she was real good about it and just laughed it off.
I was of course embarrassed. I was 17.:D

Ranger Mom
12-30-2010, 12:13 PM
When I was in high school, I was working at mr Gattis in Brownwood and answering phones for the delivery. It was so busy I was constantly picking up the phone and putting people on hold. The answering words were supposed to be, "Thank you for calling Mr. Gattis, can you hold please?"
However after about 30 calls I said and I quote, " Thank you for calling Mr Gattis can I hold you." And her response was," I dont know, what do you look like? " It was then that I realized I messed the words up. But she was real good about it and just laughed it off.
I was of course embarrassed. I was 17.:D

Wow!!

That sounds like my "Jacking off Droppie" faux pas!!!

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow!!

That sounds like my "Jacking off Droppie" faux pas!!! Do tell!

Ranger Mom
12-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Do tell!

LOL!! This will tell you how long ago this was...P4S told about it in her 9,000th post!!

The droppie story! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=50429&highlight=droppie)

ccmom
12-30-2010, 12:23 PM
LOL!! This will tell you how long ago this was...P4S told about it in her 9,000th post!!

The droppie story! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=50429&highlight=droppie)

I love it!!! :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 12:25 PM

The droppie story! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=50429&highlight=droppie) That's awesome! LMAO. :fnypost: :fnypost:

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM

The droppie story! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=50429&highlight=droppie) I think you win the prize:wave: :cheerl: :cheerl:

BEAST
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Years ago when Chicken Express was new, they had just opened the first one in Brownwood. So one Sunday for lunch, after church my dad and I went to get some fried chicken. After studying the menu for a minute or two my dad walked up to the counter and said to the this cute girl, "Im intrested in your breasts....how big are they." He then realized what he said, myself along with everyone in the building were busting a gut. The only ones not laughing were my dad and the poor girl. They were both so red faced and speechless it was the best.

BEAST

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Years ago when Chicken Express was new, they had just opened the first one in Brownwood. So one Sunday for lunch, after church my dad and I went to get some fried chicken. After studying the menu for a minute or two my dad walked up to the counter and said to the this cute girl, "Im intrested in your breasts....how big are they." He then realized what he said, myself along with everyone in the building were busting a gut. The only ones not laughing were my dad and the poor girl. They were both so red faced and speechless it was the best.

BEAST AND we are back in the Game.:D

Ranger Mom
12-30-2010, 02:43 PM
My uncle went to Dunkin Donuts one time....and instead of asking for "Dunkin Sticks"....he asked for Stunkin Dicks!!:eek: :eek:

ccmom
12-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Years ago when I was a new nursing graduate, I was working with a doctor who was temperamental and he got very upset because a patient was still waiting for radiology to come do a SINUS and CHEST X-ray. I was young and easily frazzled and when I called radiology I told the male tech, "I need a CHINUS and SEX and I need it now!" :eek: Needless to say the tech died laughing and the doctor was standing next to me and said, "I think you might be on to something. Maybe that will improve some of the tension around here!" :D We still get a laugh over that one. :D

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 04:09 PM
When Deon Sanders was with the Cowboys he was out with a Bulging disc in his back. However one of the papers stated. Deon out because of a bulging dics. Oh and front page of sports section

Tejastrue
12-30-2010, 07:36 PM
When Deon Sanders was with the Cowboys he was out with a Bulging disc in his back. However one of the papers stated. Deon out because of a bulging dics. Oh and front page of sports section

I had placed a job posting in the local paper. The position required typing skills. A job applicant, in their resume, listed their skills for typing to be "fat and accurate". I was soon to learn that this description was indeed true. :D :D :D

Tejastrue
12-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
I had placed a job posting in the local paper. The position required typing skills. A job applicant, in their resume, listed their skills for typing to be "fat and accurate". I was soon to learn that this description was indeed true. :D :D :D

Yes, this really did happen.:D

TheDOCTORdre
12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I think you win the prize:wave: :cheerl: :cheerl:

i think droppie won the prize

Tejastrue
12-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
i think droppie won the prize

There was a prize??:( :(

nobogey72
12-31-2010, 11:35 AM
When my wife and I were first married we looked out and her car had a flat, and then we found out the battery was dead also. After talking about what we were gonna do, she asked me. "Do you want to jack my car off first, or jump me?" I opted for jumping her. The car had dual exhaust and that would take too long.

LH_Tuff
12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Many years ago I was working as a system administrator for a large computer company. My team took turns manning the 'Help Line'. Well, my turn had come up and I was answering calls. I took a call from an Asain lady whose last name was Ho. As I was making progress with her issue, I happened to ask - 'What is your last name Ho'? Total silence. Until someone who was monitoring the call (we also did this as part of quality control) busted out laughing.