PDA

View Full Version : If Garrett becomes HC

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Should he retain the OC title or give it up?

I hope Tony Sparano gets fired by Fins and Dallas offers him the OC role

Farmersfan
12-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Should he retain the OC title or give it up?

I hope Tony Sparano gets fired by Fins and Dallas offers him the OC role

I don't think Garrett gets the job! Jerry already has a pretty good idea who he will be giving the job to and if it were Garrett we wouldn't still be having all this speculation. Dispite what most other people on here think, Jerry isn't afraid to spent money! With the new stadium he just got Jerry will be looking to stir things up. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys will be hiring a big name coach! Perhaps not who we want but a big name none the less! I really don't like the guy but I say it will be Gruden!

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I don't think Garrett gets the job! Jerry already has a pretty good idea who he will be giving the job to and if it were Garrett we wouldn't still be having all this speculation. Dispite what most other people on here think, Jerry isn't afraid to spent money! With the new stadium he just got Jerry will be looking to stir things up. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys will be hiring a big name coach! Perhaps not who we want but a big name none the less! I really don't like the guy but I say it will be Gruden!

Well with the interview Jones had on NFLN where he said he was not big on giving it to a former SB winning coach I dont see Gruden getting it

and Jones CANT name Garrett the HC right now without risjing losing draft picks and being fined

Farmersfan
12-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Well with the interview Jones had on NFLN where he said he was not big on giving it to a former SB winning coach I dont see Gruden getting it

and Jones CANT name Garrett the HC right now without risjing losing draft picks and being fined

The only thing keeping him from naming his head coach right now is compliance with the Rooney Rule and Jerry has already put information out that he will be interviewing certain minorities! And Jerry is a master at misdirection. I could be wrong but I suspect Jerry has already made up his mind. Now he just has to be sure to follow all the rules!

Farmersfan
12-30-2010, 09:06 AM

And I'm pretty sure what he meant was he wasn't giving it a SB winning coach just because that coach won a SB. The coach would have to fit the need! I didn't sense he was EXCLUDING SB winning coaches from the job.

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 09:16 AM
The interview I saw he said that no coach has ever won the superbowl with two different teams so the odds of that happening were very slim. I take that as he is not looking to get a has been coach who quit coaching for a reason. We already did that with Parcells. And you see how well that turned out:D

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
And I'm pretty sure what he meant was he wasn't giving it a SB winning coach just because that coach won a SB. The coach would have to fit the need! I didn't sense he was EXCLUDING SB winning coaches from the job.

I took it as I am not hiring a SB winning coach unless he just WOWS me if I interview him...then add in the whole lock out situation which Jones was said will affect his decision and IMO it points to Garrett being named

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I took it as I am not hiring a SB winning coach unless he just WOWS me if I interview him...then add in the whole lock out situation which Jones was said will affect his decision and IMO it points to Garrett being named Totally agree.

Farmersfan
12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
The interview I saw he said that no coach has ever won the superbowl with two different teams so the odds of that happening were very slim. I take that as he is not looking to get a has been coach who quit coaching for a reason. We already did that with Parcells. And you see how well that turned out:D

Don Shula, Dan Reeves, Mike Homgren, Bill Parcells, Tom Flores and Dick Vermeil were all coaches that coached 2 different teams in the Superbowl. Perhaps not winning with both teams but getting there is just as impressive.
Only 13% of all Head Coaches that have coached in a Superbowl have won it twice even with the same team. I don't think Jerry is stupid enough to think that the "no coach has ever won a SB with 2 different teams" thinking is of any significance when deciding who to hire. If he does then perhaps I am wrong about him being a smart man! I think he is putting up smoke screens for whatever reason. Perhaps he doesn't want other teams to drive up the market value of a Gruden or Fishcer.............................

All I know is that whoever he hires needs to come in and kick some butt!

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Don Shula, Dan Reeves, Mike Homgren, Bill Parcells, Tom Flores and Dick Vermeil were all coaches that coached 2 different teams in the Superbowl. Perhaps not winning with both teams but getting there is just as impressive.
Only 13% of all Head Coaches that have coached in a Superbowl have won it twice even with the same team. I don't think Jerry is stupid enough to think that the "no coach has ever won a SB with 2 different teams" thinking is of any significance when deciding who to hire. If he does then perhaps I am wrong about him being a smart man! I think he is putting up smoke screens for whatever reason. Perhaps he doesn't want other teams to drive up the market value of a Gruden or Fishcer.............................

All I know is that whoever he hires needs to come in and kick some butt!

actually I think he is being very smart with the thought process of why pay big money for a coach just because he has won a SB with another team

and if he does hire Gruden or Fisher, then IMO the Cowboys will slide down..just not impressed with either of them...especially FG Fisher

for the record..Flores did not coach two teams in SB

BwdLion73
12-30-2010, 11:28 AM

I kinda took it as Jerry Jones saying he wants to be the first to have a coach win it with another team. Another ego type thing.:thinking:

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 11:46 AM

All I know is that whoever he hires needs to come in and kick some butt! I didnt say I agreed with him, just quoting what he said

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I kinda took it as Jerry Jones saying he wants to be the first to have a coach win it with another team. Another ego type thing.:thinking:

I didnt..I saw the interview live and he was basically saying former SB coaches dont perform as well on other teams.

Tejastrue
12-30-2010, 12:38 PM
What successful coach would really want to be Jone's puppet? Both Johnson and Parcells could handle it for only so long. Don't see it happening but I think he needs to give up the GM role. Right now though, Garrett seems the obvious choice for HC.

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
What successful coach would really want to be Jone's puppet? Both Johnson and Parcells could handle it for only so long. Don't see it happening but I think he needs to give up the GM role. Right now though, Garrett seems the obvious choice for HC.

Parcells did not leave because of Jones..he left because JJ would not give him a huge contract extension

BwdLion73
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
I didnt..I saw the interview live and he was basically saying former SB coaches dont perform as well on other teams.

You could be right. it was recorded when I saw it. ;) :D

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
You could be right. it was recorded when I saw it. ;) :D

hahahaha WELL PLAYED spit DP all opver the place:clap: :clap:

Tejastrue
12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Parcells did not leave because of Jones..he left because JJ would not give him a huge contract extension

Don't recall seeing anything relating to a contract extention refusal. Think he was just tired of the whole coaching thing with little control in the front office, and wanted a lot less of the Jones family involvement. Again, I can't see a coach with a history of success salivating about the HCing job at Dallas. Too many strings attached. Just my opinion.