PDA

View Full Version : Rob G III is overrated

coach
12-30-2010, 12:45 AM
like i said earlier...he would get nowhere near jarrod johnson type stats....

bigwood33
12-30-2010, 05:06 AM
I have thought the same thing ever since he got to Baylor but thought that just maybe I was wrong so I didn't make any nosise about it. Every time I see him play he looks like a WR to me. He is really fast, not very big, and an inaccurate passer. I have just never understood the hype.

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 08:22 AM
The dude completed 73% of his passes in the bowl game..not sure what made him look overrated in the bowl game

bigwood33
12-30-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The dude completed 73% of his passes in the bowl game..not sure what made him look overrated in the bowl game
When I was watching the passes that he completed were very short routes and he missed on the tougher throws. He is a good college QB but certainly not great and I just don't think that he will make much of a difference at the next level...kind of like Terrel Pryor.

BEAST
12-30-2010, 09:16 AM
If he had done what he shouldve, hed be running in the olympics soon. One of the, if not the fastest HS kid Ive ever seen on the track. 400M and the Mile Relay.

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
He was a hurdler. I think he set a national HS record back in 2007.

Daddy D 11
12-30-2010, 11:52 AM
You're right ETB, but he did other things. If you guys want to watch him again, there's a real good chance you can come to a Baylor meet and watch him this year;) Just saying.

Ernest T Bass
12-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Hurdles was his big event and Im pretty sure he gave up track completely a few years ago to concentrate on football.

Daddy D 11
12-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Hurdles was his big event and Im pretty sure he gave up track completely a few years ago to concentrate on football.

So you've talked to him recently??? Oh, okay.

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
So you've talked to him recently??? Oh, okay.

Well..he did give up track last year...now will he this year as well? who knows

ccmom
12-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Well..he did give up track last year...now will he this year as well? who knows

I bet there is a good chance that Daddy D does...:)

Ernest T Bass
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM
I know he hasn't ran track the last few years. Maybe that changes this year, but it would be tough to get back to elite status in a few months after being out for a few years.

Daddy D 11
12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I know he hasn't ran track the last few years. Maybe that changes this year, but it would be tough to get back to elite status in a few months after being out for a few years.

Was a for sure thing, now is slightly up in the air for other reasons. But, I would say he still runs... he loves it too much

But... he's probably overrated at that too:rolleyes:

Ernest T Bass
12-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I didn't title this thread...

Daddy D 11
12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I didn't title this thread...

oh that wasn't at you homie, that was at coach

sahen
12-30-2010, 02:29 PM
i think i read earlier this year that he regretted giving up track and is going to start back up this season and run again (plus last year he was rehabbing a torn acl in the spring anyway)

last night was by far the worst game i have seen Griffin play in his career...the kid is not a spectactular or elite QB right now but he has 2 years left, plenty of time for him to fix his shortcomings...he is still learning to throw (was an option QB in high school) and when things are clicking for him he can fling it with the best of them, but last night he was just off...i think Griffin's prob is that the media took hold of him his freshman year as one the top QBs and he wasn't there yet but by his senior year he will be, if he gets his downfield passing a little more consistant he can be next year...he is good now and is only a redshirt sophomore...i'd imagine he will only get better...

LIONS#1
12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
oh that wasn't at you homie, that was at coach

Faux Coach...:cool:

big daddy russ
12-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
When I was watching the passes that he completed were very short routes and he missed on the tougher throws. He is a good college QB but certainly not great and I just don't think that he will make much of a difference at the next level...kind of like Terrel Pryor.
I disagree. I saw timing/route running and protection issues that stalled the Baylor offense more than Griffin's accuracy.

I was at the game and it was more the rest of the team than RG3. Play calling was timid at best in the first half, nothing was working for the coaches, and there was even one play that they ran twice in a row.

#12 for Baylor is garbage. Gave up on his routes too early, just seemed like a waste of talent.

tigerfan99
12-31-2010, 01:00 AM
the man is impressive did you see he graduated in december

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2010, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

#12 for Baylor is garbage. Gave up on his routes too early, just seemed like a waste of talent.

While he might have had a bad game, Gordon caught 42 passes for 712 yds and 7 TDS

big daddy russ
12-31-2010, 03:08 PM
While he might have had a bad game, Gordon caught 42 passes for 712 yds and 7 TDS
First Baylor game I've seen this year. He's a big, fast kid and DB's have a hell of a time covering him, but this was far from an impressive game from him.