PDA

View Full Version : I talked her into it!

orange machine
12-29-2010, 11:49 PM
I finally talked my wife into letting me jack up my truck. Im so feaking fired up.:thumbsup:

bobcat4life
12-29-2010, 11:51 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

OldBison75
12-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Cool!! Now your truck won't beany different than most of the redneck trucks in East Texas. Be sure you keep plenty of mud on the truck so it dosen't stand out.

orange machine
12-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Cool!! Now your truck won't beany different than most of the redneck trucks in East Texas. Be sure you keep plenty of mud on the truck so it dosen't stand out.

Haha my truck doesnt see mud I have to take care of what i got I cant afford to be fixing stuff all the time. Not to mention this is gonna be the only vehicle im gonna be driving for a while so got to take care of her. No better way than giving her a good all lifted up and a new set of 35x12.50 tires. By the way I have a little Ford Ranger FX4 4x4 Ext. Cab so those tire should look huge on my little baby.:inlove:

BaseballUmp
12-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I finally talked my wife into letting me jack up my truck. Im so feaking fired up.:thumbsup:

Not what I was expecting from the thread title...you disappoint me greatly

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Not what I was expecting from the thread title...you disappoint me greatly hahahahaha

Exactly what i was thinking ump. :clap:

Tx Challenge
12-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Dude, What ever makes u happy.....Spend most of my time in Los Angeles...Traded my big rig for a rav4, and installed an awesome blue tooth system....Works for me...Best of luck to you!

orange machine
12-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Dude, What ever makes u happy.....Spend most of my time in Los Angeles...Traded my big rig for a rav4, and installed an awesome blue tooth system....Works for me...Best of luck to you!

I couldnt drive something like that, its hard enough for me driving a little Tonka Truck around. I went from A F-150 FX4 4x4 to my little Ranger FX4 4x4 thanks to my X who decided to hit me with the good ole child support.:mad:

PPHSfan
12-30-2010, 02:40 AM
I can't make up my mind which is more pathetic. You "jacking up your truck", or you needing your wife's permission to do it.

PPHSfan
12-30-2010, 02:44 AM
As you mature, you will no longer need permission to do silly things with your vehicle. But you will have to eat things like bacon and hot dogs when your wife is not looking.

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Ok I have to ask. Why have a 4x4 and never use it. WHy not just buy a 2x4 and jack it up. Saves on gas.:D

bag-o-chips
12-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Instead of wasting money "jacking up your truck"that never goes offroad and maybe since you have to pay child support you could use that money and save for your kids future! Just a thought?

Maroon87
12-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I can't make up my mind which is more pathetic. You "jacking up your truck", or you needing your wife's permission to do it.

:fnypost:

Looking4number8
12-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
Instead of wasting money "jacking up your truck"that never goes offroad and maybe since you have to pay child support you could use that money and save for your kids future! Just a thought?

Really? Your going to judge somebody you never met?????

garciap77
12-30-2010, 08:41 AM

Nice!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/bmxer33810/jacked-up-trucks-01.jpg

garciap77
12-30-2010, 08:44 AM

Or buy bag-o-chips!:D

;)

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Instead of wasting money "jacking up your truck"that never goes offroad and maybe since you have to pay child support you could use that money and save for your kids future! Just a thought? I hope you know this guy???

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 10:08 AM
You need professional tutoring from Pancho.:thinking:

jason
12-30-2010, 11:06 AM
must be nice to have spare cash to blow on making a ford ranger look ridiculous...

post pics when its done so we can mock you then too....

jason
12-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I can't make up my mind which is more pathetic. You "jacking up your truck", or you needing your wife's permission to do it. x2

Black Swarm
12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
The past 3 years I've driven a lifted truck.
Bought it new with 6 inch suspension lift with 35's. I get 12-13 miles a gallon.
I love the truck but have to fill tank on Sunday and Thursday. Also, at 34K miles I had to put a new set of tires-$2200.
Just bought new truck but didn't get lifted.
Added TRD package which gives it the off-road look but hopefully alot better mileage.

coach
12-30-2010, 11:35 AM
what a great feeling

ccmom
12-30-2010, 11:45 AM
I am NOT making fun...I just want to try to understand. What is the appeal of having your truck jacked up? I have never really understood that, but then again I am short and hate having to hoist myself up into one of those things.

Is it just a guy thing that women aren't really supposed to understand...kind of like women finding pleasure in having lots of shoes? :confused:

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I am NOT making fun...I just want to try to understand. What is the appeal of having your truck jacked up? I have never really understood that, but then again I am short and hate having to hoist myself up into one of those things.

Is it just a guy thing that women aren't really supposed to understand...kind of like women finding pleasure in having lots of shoes? :confused: Yeah, I mean... some guys like different things.

I think having a loud stereo in my car is awesome and I like it but probably at least 90% of the country thinks I'm a moron for wasting my money on something like that. But at the end of the day, different things make different people happy and this guy likes his truck. I don't really see the issue?

There's a bunch of people here criticizing this guy for doing something he wants to do. I don't get it... :confused: :confused: :confused:

BLACK ATTACK
12-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Really? Your going to judge somebody you never met?????

No kidding!

OldBison75
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
My pet peeve is seeing a car with a 3000 dollar stereo system, 3000 dollar tires and rims, and chrome exhaust tips on a car that is 15 or more years old and smokes like crazy. Why spend that kinda money on a piece of junk car?

And, I know a bunch of people driving these cars and they don't have a job or are food stamps. I work every day and can't even afford new tires without serious budgeting.

ccmom
12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
Yeah, I mean... some guys like different things.

I think having a loud stereo in my car is awesome and I like it but probably at least 90% of the country thinks I'm a moron for wasting my money on something like that. But at the end of the day, different things make different people happy and this guy likes his truck. I don't really see the issue?

There's a bunch of people here criticizing this guy for doing something he wants to do. I don't get it... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm not sure why you quoted me on that but I didn't criticize or say there was an issue. I just asked a question. Different strokes for different folks...I don't care how tall his truck is. Just making conversation. :)

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm not sure why you quoted me on that but I didn't criticize or say there was an issue. I just asked a question. Different strokes for different folks...I don't care how tall his truck is. Just making conversation. :) You should have used your trademark :rolleyes: :D

ccmom
12-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
You should have used your trademark :rolleyes: :D

Haha....the funny thing is I DID use it, but then for some reason I decided to be nice. What was I thinking??!!??!?!?! :doh: :p

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Haha....the funny thing is I DID use it, but then for some reason I decided to be nice. What was I thinking??!!??!?!?! :doh: :p How sweet. Turning over a new leaf??:taunt:

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure why you quoted me on that but I didn't criticize or say there was an issue. I just asked a question. Different strokes for different folks...I don't care how tall his truck is. Just making conversation. :) I was just saying there are plenty of people on this thread criticizing him, not necessarily you.

:)

ccmom
12-30-2010, 12:10 PM
How sweet. Turning over a new leaf??:taunt:

Well I figured since the year is almost over, I better be nice at least one day...or part of a day. :D

Ranger Mom
I'm not sure why you quoted me on that but I didn't criticize or say there was an issue. I just asked a question. Different strokes for different folks...I don't care how tall his truck is. Just making conversation. :)

I think he was agreeing with you on the first part of your post...and then just threw that last sentence out there as an afterthought..not directed at you!!

That seems to happen a lot on here....and I am one of the worst one's about doing it.

I quote somebody and then add something else to the end of my post...and it looks like I am still talking to the person I quoted!!

GrTigers6
Well I figured since the year is almost over, I better be nice at least one day...or part of a day. :D :clap: :D

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Well I figured since the year is almost over, I better be nice at least one day...or part of a day. :D That is showing a sign of weakness. :D

ccmom
12-30-2010, 12:18 PM
That is showing a sign of weakness. :D

I am probably one of the nicest people you will NEVER meet...:D

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I am probably one of the nicest people you will NEVER meet...:D Oh I will meet you. Garcia will see to it.:cool:

garciap77
12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh I will meet you. Garcia will see to it.:cool:

Bring Hot Chocolate or expensive wine!:D And be ready to get your Orange or Black (new Celina attire) hoodie bedazzled. :D

;)

ccmom
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Bring Hot Chocolate or expensive wine!:D And be ready to get your Orange or Black (new Celina attire) hoodie bedazzled. :D

;) I think you have been to one too many Brownwood games this season, Garcia. :doh: I don't bedazzle!!:mad: But I do like an occasional sip of wine. :cool:

garciap77
12-30-2010, 01:17 PM
I think you have been to one too many Brownwood games this season, Garcia. :doh: I don't bedazzle!!:mad: But I do like an occasional sip of wine. :cool:
I thought I heard that (bedazzle) on the 3ADL! But, wine it is!:cool:

RoyceTTU
12-30-2010, 01:17 PM
I think you have been to one too many Brownwood games this season, Garcia. :doh: I don't bedazzle!!:mad: But I do like an occasional sip of wine. :cool:

Garcia thinks we are cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

garciap77
12-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Garcia thinks we are cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/Wagging_pup.gif

orange machine
12-30-2010, 09:14 PM
I love lifted trucks I have owned 4 lifted vehicles just what I like. As far as blowing money this is last years tax return money that has been sitting just in case something happend. Now that it's close to tax time again my wife gave me the ok to spend the money. You see it's a team thing we are married and my money is hers and hers mine we share you know.

'Necks 2013-14
12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Black Swarm
The past 3 years I've driven a lifted truck.
Bought it new with 6 inch suspension lift with 35's. I get 12-13 miles a gallon.
I love the truck but have to fill tank on Sunday and Thursday. Also, at 34K miles I had to put a new set of tires-$2200.
Just bought new truck but didn't get lifted.
Added TRD package which gives it the off-road look but hopefully alot better mileage. I can't help but LMAO when I see the TRD decals on these trucks!!(too close to TURD for me!) C'mon Toyota, couldn't you have called it something else like--I dunno--TRR for Toyota Racing Research or maybe TIC for Toyota Intelligence Committee---na-that one sucks! ;) How about TWIT for Toyota Worldwide Innovation Team. Yeah--that's the ticket right there!!! One last thing I almost forgot, GO CHEVY!!:inlove:

ccmom
12-30-2010, 09:43 PM
I love lifted trucks I have owned 4 lifted vehicles just what I like. As far as blowing money this is last years tax return money that has been sitting just in case something happend. Now that it's close to tax time again my wife gave me the ok to spend the money. You see it's a team thing we are married and my money is hers and hers mine we share you know. That's a great answer!!:clap:

Pendragon13
12-30-2010, 09:49 PM

Is it just a guy thing that women aren't really supposed to understand...kind of like women finding pleasure in having lots of shoes? :confused: Why do women have to have 200+ pairs of shoes...3/4 of which are only worn once and then closeted forever? I don't like jacked up trucks so I'm not defending the OP...just curious.:)

ccmom
12-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Why do women have to have 200+ pairs of shoes...3/4 of which are only worn once and then closeted forever? I don't like jacked up trucks so I'm not defending the OP...just curious.:) I can only answer for myself but shoes make me happy!!! Happy wife=happy life! :D

'Necks 2013-14
12-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I love lifted trucks I have owned 4 lifted vehicles just what I like. As far as blowing money this is last years tax return money that has been sitting just in case something happend. Now that it's close to tax time again my wife gave me the ok to spend the money. You see it's a team thing we are married and my money is hers and hers mine we share you know. Are you a newlywed?? Just wait, it will soon become what's yours is hers AND what's hers is hers AS WELL!!:D

LH Panther Mom
12-30-2010, 10:23 PM

Is it just a guy thing that women aren't really supposed to understand...kind of like women finding pleasure in having lots of shoes? :confused:
It's a compensation thing. ;) And totally unlike shoes, which is fashion. :p

orange machine
12-30-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Are you a newlywed?? Just wait, it will soon become what's yours is hers AND what's hers is hers AS WELL!!:D
Married 3 years

PPHSfan
01-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Married 3 years

Lol. You're probably still allowed to eat bacon.