PDA

View Full Version : KRISTV.com on Sinton baseball field

Be_Advised
12-29-2010, 10:19 PM
http://www.kristv.com/player/?video_id=8698&categories=46

GrTigers6
12-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
http://www.kristv.com/player/?video_id=8698&categories=46 Very nice!!!:clap: :clap: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

pirate4state
12-29-2010, 10:26 PM
was the video only :54 seconds :confused:

the stadium is finally gonna match the quality of the field! :2thumbsup

Be_Advised
12-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
was the video only :54 seconds :confused:

the stadium is finally gonna match the quality of the field! :2thumbsup

yeah i guess they didn't load it all for the website.

bobcat1
12-29-2010, 10:33 PM
That's awesome!:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinfan75
12-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how many people show up for the 1st game.

mac77
12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Did he not call Sinton a "one horse town?"

I visited Sinton twice this year, during the football playoffs, and it is at least a 2, maybe a 3, horse town.

It's good to see what that field looks like finished. SWEET!

sinton66
12-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by mac77
Did he not call Sinton a "one horse town?"

I visited Sinton twice this year, during the football playoffs, and it is at least a 2, maybe a 3, horse town.

It's good to see what that field looks like finished. SWEET!

LOL, compared to where he was before he came to Sinton, he's correct.

XMan
12-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Its good to see that Sinton ISD is putting some money, energy, and effort into one of the top notch baseball programs in the state. Sinton ISD is one of the few 3as that is not cheating their baseball kids. Sadly, instead of Sinton's nice field being the exception it should be the rule. It is sad when you see a school with a multimillion dollar turf football field and then look over to the baseball field and you can see that they built the whole thing for about a hundred bucks. Again, its great to see the support that football gets, it would just be nice if other sports could get some support also. Congrats again to the people in Sinton. Wish I could have got a shot at you in '88 but ole Uncle Arthur Rhodes got us a game early.

poisoned10
12-30-2010, 09:38 AM
That's a REALLY nice stadium.

If you're a catcher, you better not let the ball get to the backstop. Any runner on base will get 2 bases with it being that deep.

ccmom
12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Awesome!! :clap: :clap: Wow!!

FmrPirate14
12-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow that field is Gorgeous..I only wish It was done sooner because alot of Sinton talent missed the opportunity to play on there, but regardless its great for the kids coming up to have an outstanding stadium like that. Softball field looks great as well.

sinfan75
12-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Can you imagine what the Calallen people are thinkin?:D :D :D

DDBooger
12-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Can you imagine what the Calallen people are thinkin?:D :D :D That we'll be playing for a 4th state title before you all will :p

Gonna be a great looking ballpark.

Ernest T Bass
12-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
That we'll be playing for a 4th state title before you all will :p

::rimshot::

YTBulldogs
12-30-2010, 10:03 PM
LOL @ 1 horse town comment. Love the seating for sure. It will be turf infield, right? For 1 million I guess so.

Hallettsville has the turf infield, like UT's. Very nice indeed.

sinfan75
12-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
LOL @ 1 horse town comment. Love the seating for sure. It will be turf infield, right? For 1 million I guess so.

Hallettsville has the turf infield, like UT's. Very nice indeed. Sinton has a very nice GRASS field. The new seating' and other stuff will just add to it. Now I know why P4S called it "little Whataburger Field".

pirate4state
12-30-2010, 10:26 PM

HA! That's not what you said in Arlington! :tisk: :p

I noticed the brick backing was moving along. They learned from the softball construction and have made some nice "adjustments" ;)

Can't wait until EVERYTHING is complete.

DDBooger
12-30-2010, 10:30 PM
HA! That's not what you said in Arlington! :tisk: :p

I noticed the brick backing was moving along. They learned from the softball construction and have made some nice "adjustments" ;)

Can't wait until EVERYTHING is complete. I know :twitch:
Apparently I wasn't aware of some pitching we had coming up. They're young but have some good ones. Mathieson is probably the best player in the Coastal Bend. Kid will be our Ace and best hitter. I think Carroll is going to be the cream of the crop in the Coastal Bend. They bring back everyone from a 5A State Championship team.

pirate4state
12-30-2010, 10:34 PM
I know :twitch:
Apparently I wasn't aware of some pitching we had coming up. They're young but have some good ones. Mathieson is probably the best player in the Coastal Bend. Kid will be our Ace and best hitter. I think Carroll is going to be the cream of the crop in the Coastal Bend. They bring back everyone from a 5A State Championship team. We will have a nice mix returning with some youth sprinkled in. :D I think we'll be ok.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-31-2010, 09:24 AM
We will have a nice mix returning with some youth sprinkled in. :D I think we'll be ok. some pretty good young hitters coming up. Looks good for the next few years.

pirate4state
01-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Brick backing on the 1st & 3rd base seating is almost complete. I can't wait to see the finished project. Our softball & baseball facilities will be the envy of South Texas. :D

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/1stbase.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/1stbase2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/piratefield.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/sb.jpg

Not to mention work on the football field/track is also moving along quite nicely.

:cheerl:

SintonFan_inAustin
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
tks P4S. cool pics!

Be_Advised
01-04-2011, 01:25 PM
The field is gonna look very nice when complete. The seating was the only thing I could complain about 2 years ago when I first went to Sinton to watch a game. This is gonna be a first class facility when finished.

Be_Advised
01-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Too bad we will not be able to play there unless we meet up in the playoffs.

pirate4state
01-31-2011, 10:54 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/baseball.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/bb.jpg

VWG
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Very nice facilities.
Abilene Wylie... probably one of the worst baseball facilities in 3A. With all that money in that school district you would think they could get a better baseball field.

Maroon87
01-31-2011, 02:08 PM

:spitlol:

Be_Advised
02-14-2011, 10:33 PM
http://www.kristv.com/news/sinton-baseball-remains-without-fire-power/

SINTON - After finishing the season 18 - 13 the Sinton baseball team has had plenty of time to think over the season that was. Perennial powers, the Pirates are usually expected to dominate South Texas. Proof of that is in the preseason rankings, where they are ranked 9th in Class 3A.

As is with most years, the role players and underclassmen are getting the majority of the reps in practice, as many of the team's top players are still playing basketball. But when they return they'll have one of the best home field advantages around, thanks to their brand new state of the art facility, that can and will rival most schools in the state.

"We worked hard as a team and we never give up. If you look at last year's playoff against Boerne we went 13 innings and never gave up. We work hard as a team and we know what we can accomplish," said Ram Espinoza.

BaseballUmp
02-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Yall have any before and after pictures?

Phil C
02-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Where's the one horse? I have been looking for it and haven't seen it yet!!

:mad:

truebluestang
02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
One horse meant that only one school plays on that field unlike the big towns that have many schools play at one complex. Tom Allen was right about that- not many small schools have a field of that quality.

Phil C
02-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
One horse meant that only one school plays on that field unlike the big towns that have many schools play at one complex. Tom Allen was right about that- not many small schools have a field of that quality.

:confused: :eek: :) :clap: :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
02-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Unreal how nice that is! Only thing that sucks is all the damn foul space, i hated playing at parks where the fans are soooo far away from you

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Most important questions...where are the concession stand and restrooms. Well, I actually know where the restrooms are currently, but thought since they were building they might be re-building it also and/or combining the two.

I like the aerial shot and see my favorite parking area (by the bus barns).:)

Phil C
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Don't worry AP. I am going to the softball game tonight and will check things out. I was told that they were going to be on the east endzone side like Taft and would be available for use for those at softball, baseball or football games. I was also told that the concession stands were going to have tvs where the workers can watch the games during slow periods.

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I was also told that the concession stands were going to have tvs where the workers can watch the games during slow periods.

You wouldn't have a shortage of concession volunteers during our crazy, cold, windy spring weather. Heck, I would even work in there! I haven't completely forgotten how to make nachos and hot chocolate!

Phil C
02-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You wouldn't have a shortage of concession volunteers during our crazy, cold, windy spring weather. Heck, I would even work in there! I haven't completely forgotten how to make nachos and hot chocolate!

I'm sure they would be delighted to have volunteer help. :)

Phil C
02-16-2011, 09:17 AM
The new stadiums (baseball and softball) are ready but the restroom and concessions are still under construction. Next year will be awesome when everything is done. The visitors' side of the stadium will be the same it looks like to me but of course it was enlarged last year. Nothing farther to report as construction is still going on. The new turf is awesome.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Very nice seating! kind of had the feel of the lower porch like the Ballpark in Arlington with the obstrcutions but top notch seating :)