PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1-10....

Saggy Aggie
12-29-2010, 09:31 PM
How bad do you hate the people with the super loud stereo systems?

And what is your opinion of them and their stereo?

bobcat4life
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I dont mind as long as its a good song thats playing

BaseballUmp
12-29-2010, 10:24 PM
8-10 because my amp got stolen last summer so my truck isnt loud any more and I am jealous :(

Saggy Aggie
12-29-2010, 10:41 PM
haha, I just got my car hooked up today.

2 12'' CVR Kickers & I've already managed to piss off quite a few people... haha

Its not an amazing system... but its the best I could get for what money I had. :clap:

BaseballUmp
12-29-2010, 11:02 PM
I had my stuff going good for about 2 years then my truck got broken into and had my cd player and amp along with a gold watch stolen.

The last amp I got was a pretty good one that a crackhead sold to the guy that was installing all my stuff, so I just gave him my stock radio and $40 and we called it even...now I need to find another deal like that haha

95mustang
12-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I had my stuff going good for about 2 years then my truck got broken into and had my cd player and amp along with a gold watch stolen.

The last amp I got was a pretty good one that a crackhead sold to the guy that was installing all my stuff, so I just gave him my stock radio and $40 and we called it even...now I need to find another deal like that haha

You might want to look up that crackhead and check to see if he has your amp again. :D

BaseballUmp
12-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
You might want to look up that crackhead and check to see if he has your amp again. :D

Haha well if he walked from Cameron to College Station...a good 50 miles, then the guys got cajones lol

Saggy Aggie
12-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I hope my stuff doesnt get stolen.... but theyd have to get in my trunk if they did.

And I dont think thats possible... since I locked my keys in my trunk like 2 weeks ago on accident and the locksmith couldnt even get in the trunk! :doh: :doh: :doh:

OldBison75
12-29-2010, 11:52 PM
If I want to hear your music or have my teeth vibrated out by the bass, I will ask to ride in your car. Otherwise, TURN IT DOWN!!!!

There is anew electronic blaster thing being developed that can fry amps. According to the information that I have seen, the unit only has to be within 50 feet of the amp to fry it. When it is available, I am buying one a riding around town cooking the loud music players.

Saggy Aggie
12-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
If I want to hear your music or have my teeth vibrated out by the bass, I will ask to ride in your car. Otherwise, TURN IT DOWN!!!!

There is anew electronic blaster thing being developed that can fry amps. According to the information that I have seen, the unit only has to be within 50 feet of the amp to fry it. When it is available, I am buying one a riding around town cooking the loud music players. That's not nice.

I don't play my music loud very often... :(

SintonFan
12-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I hope my stuff doesnt get stolen.... but theyd have to get in my trunk if they did.

And I dont think thats possible... since I locked my keys in my trunk like 2 weeks ago on accident and the locksmith couldnt even get in the trunk! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Crack heads are more desperate than Locksmiths.

if they have the will... ;)

SintonFan
12-30-2010, 12:01 AM

There is anew electronic blaster thing being developed that can fry amps. According to the information that I have seen, the unit only has to be within 50 feet of the amp to fry it. When it is available, I am buying one a riding around town cooking the loud music players.

Interesting.
Not legal, but I might want to buy one.:cool:

SintonFan
12-30-2010, 12:03 AM
I think, I what I hate the most, is when some idiot turns up their stereo full bast, plays some C-rap with expletives while at the gas station or in front of little kids...

44INAROW
12-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think, I what I hate the most, is when some idiot turns up their stereo full bast, plays some C-rap with expletives while at the gas station or in front of little kids...
I do agree with that D...

Saggy - if you've got $$ invested in those speakers, etc, you might want to call your insurance agent and ask if you can list aka cover them on your insurance. 99% of the time, they are not covered as standard equipment.. It's usually pretty cost effective to schedule/list the audio receiving equipment on a standard auto policy.. just a thought..

LoboesWT
12-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Mostly depends on clarity of the music on whether or not I get aggravated. Mostly I find it amusing because of how deaf the individual is making themselves. I had a buddy in High School that by the time he graduated he had lost 15% in one ear and 20% in the other.

MUSTANG69
12-30-2010, 08:53 AM
That's not nice.

I don't play my music loud very often... :(

It's not nice when some fool has their music so loud that I can't hear the person next to me in my truck talking. It's not nice when some idiot has their music so loud that they rattle the windows in the front part of my house when they drive buy. I wish the police would enforce the laws and write tickets for loud music.

Farmersfan
12-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
It's not nice when some fool has their music so loud that I can't hear the person next to me in my truck talking. It's not nice when some idiot has their music so loud that they rattle the windows in the front part of my house when they drive buy. I wish the police would enforce the laws and write tickets for loud music.

Really, really great sounding music has a minimum amount of bass! These systems that really thump are ridiculous and can't possibly be good to listen to. My youngest son had a friend that was on a budget so he installed a pair of 15" subs with a 1000 watt amp to go along with his stock radio and stock mids and highs! I laughed until I almost pee'd when he cranked it up. He loved it but all you could hear was mind numbing bass. It rattled, shimmied and shook everything for two city blocks but you could not hear any of the REAL music! I personally think it is far better to amp the mids and highs along with great speakers and add a sub to "ENHANCE" the sound. (Not overwhelm it).

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 09:29 AM
I just cant stand the ones that pull up to a gas pump and kkep it blaring. I like all kinds of music but if I need to hear my kids or wife I would like to be able to.
Now if I dont want to hear them CRANK IT UP!:D

Saggy Aggie
12-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Mine has a lot of bass, but I've got the Bose speakers in the car and the music is really clear. The only time I crank the bass is when I'm just driving around, never at a gas station, stop light, or parking lot. I am mindful of others.... and my bass isn't crazy. You can definitely hear it but its not going to rattle anything unless I turn it to the Max.

GrTigers6
12-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Really, really great sounding music has a minimum amount of bass! These systems that really thump are ridiculous and can't possibly be good to listen to. My youngest son had a friend that was on a budget so he installed a pair of 15" subs with a 1000 watt amp to go along with his stock radio and stock mids and highs! I laughed until I almost pee'd when he cranked it up. He loved it but all you could hear was mind numbing bass. It rattled, shimmied and shook everything for two city blocks but you could not hear any of the REAL music! I personally think it is far better to amp the mids and highs along with great speakers and add a sub to "ENHANCE" the sound. (Not overwhelm it). ANd its funnier when they cant figure out why there car keeps falling apart. :D

SWMustang
12-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't care how loud it got if they had the common sense to turn it down in my neighborhood after 9pm.

Tejastrue
12-30-2010, 04:16 PM

Keep us informed. I'll be one of the first in line. Turnabout is fair play. :D :D ;)

Emerson1
12-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Nothing wrong with king kong in the trunk.

poisoned10
12-31-2010, 01:30 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/ladyb918/Funny%20Cat%20Pics/YouKidzTurnDatMusicDown.jpg

poisoned10
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/davidd1/CrankItUp15-2.jpg

Yoe_09
12-31-2010, 01:43 PM
I usually dont mind it. I have the Shaker 500 system in my car and it isn't bad for a stock system.

big daddy russ
12-31-2010, 03:27 PM

Only problem with that is that many factory systems are now incorporating separate amps into the setup. My 2006 Volvo S60 had one.

You're destroying something of mine out of spite. Not that much different than a common thief who steals from the middle class because "they don't deserve all that nice stuff they have."

I don't necessarily like loud music from cars--hell, I think there's nothing trashier than hearing a trunk rattle because someone's never heard of Dynamat--but I'd be much more likely to call the cops on someone who is destroying other people's stuff than someone who is disturbing the peace.

poisoned10
12-31-2010, 03:31 PM

Can you supply some more info or maybe a link? I can't find any information on anything like that.

Emerson1
12-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Sounds like a hand held EMP.

Don't think the device as you described would be legal.

DDBooger
12-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Sounds like a hand held EMP.

Don't think the device as you described would be legal. Cause he wouldn't just short one car stereo, he'd probably short half the block lol.
http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/7102-electromagnetic-pulse-bomb-video.htm

I don't know if someone has a device small enough to only affect ONE car or if it could be aimed.

RoyceTTU
12-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Cause he wouldn't just short one car stereo, he'd probably short half the block lol.
http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/7102-electromagnetic-pulse-bomb-video.htm

I don't know if someone has a device small enough to only affect ONE car.

The tricky part is how to make this work without frying your own car's stereo, or better yet, the PC that runs your electrical on your car :eek: :eek:

"But Mr. GM Warranty guy, i just wanted to fry my annoying neighbors music" :doh: :doh:

SintonFan
12-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Only problem with that is that many factory systems are now incorporating separate amps into the setup. My 2006 Volvo S60 had one.

You're destroying something of mine out of spite. Not that much different than a common thief who steals from the middle class because "they don't deserve all that nice stuff they have."

I don't necessarily like loud music from cars--hell, I think there's nothing trashier than hearing a trunk rattle because someone's never heard of Dynamat--but I'd be much more likely to call the cops on someone who is destroying other people's stuff than someone who is disturbing the peace.

Touche' bdr...
touche'.:nerd:

Tejastrue
01-01-2011, 12:03 AM
How bad do you hate the people with the super loud stereo systems?

And what is your opinion of them and their stereo?

8-10. For the life of me I'll never get it why synthesized bass, bass, and more bass is the preferred choice/noise of so many youths today. It is not music. It is however, not for me to decide what other people listen to, but there is no reason everybody else on the road or in the neighborhood should be subjected to the irritation and noise. It's basically, here is what I listen to, deal with it. It is inconsiderate, disrespectful, and just plain meanness. To me, this sort of individual portrays to be self centered, arrogant and is needing to be noticed. Starving for attention you might say.

BaseballUmp
01-01-2011, 12:24 AM
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/BigJ_album/Haters_Gonna_Hate_1276595378_vuvuzela.gif

Tejastrue
01-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww164/BigJ_album/Haters_Gonna_Hate_1276595378_vuvuzela.gif

Yes, I'm getting old, cranky and scrooge like. So is your message "it could be a lot worse".

The people with their bass blowin is kinda like this:

You..."boom"...will..."boom"...listen..."boom"...to..."boom"..my..."boom"...music..."boom"...nowwwww..."boomdideboomdideboom!!!!:D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/brapbrapbenboc/Random%20pics/boombox.gif

And no more reminders of world cup soccer please!!!! http://www.vuvuzela.fm/ http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab342/LordNecrontyr/foot33.gif

Saggy Aggie
01-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue

You..."boom"...will..."boom"...listen..."boom"...to..."boom"..my..."boom"...music..."boom"...nowwwww..."boomdideboomdideboom!!!!

Pretty much. lol

I just like the look on peoples' faces when they hear the bass and they're expecting some cholo or gangster in their low rider and here I come, normal looking white kid in a normal looking black car. :D

poisoned10
01-03-2011, 08:57 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pFpI7UoKi3I/S07yn4deTfI/AAAAAAAAAFo/HLifFKIn8QM/s320/whambulance.jpg

Tejastrue
01-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Pretty much. lol

I just like the look on peoples' faces when they hear the bass and they're expecting some cholo or gangster in their low rider and here I come, normal looking white kid in a normal looking black car. :D

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa93/ak_fithelement22/funny%20sayings/945e.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/croatoan5376/Emoticons/laut.gif

Tejastrue
01-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pFpI7UoKi3I/S07yn4deTfI/AAAAAAAAAFo/HLifFKIn8QM/s320/whambulance.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/miss_randomness/Deviant%20Pics/Emoticons/e_mot_04__BASS_BASS_GIMME_BASS.gif

Blackcat1954
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
I leased the last 3 cars I had so didn't do any upgrading to the speakers or system

My current Honda Civic has a flash drive mp3 players

my 4 gig drive holds over 300 mp3

But mainiy listen to XM Radio and AM and CDS

Haven't listend to FM for years-all their stations are crummy. None broadast Texas music anymore in our area

SintonFan_inAustin
01-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Cause he wouldn't just short one car stereo, he'd probably short half the block lol.
:D

poisoned10
01-09-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.mwoblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Back-To-The-Future-Amplified-Speaker.jpg

SintonFan
01-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
http://www.mwoblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Back-To-The-Future-Amplified-Speaker.jpg

Really?
really?
:eek:
Sign me up!:p