PDA

View Full Version : College Football Scandals

RoyceTTU
12-29-2010, 01:26 PM
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4477437/legendary-coaches-on-college-football-scandals?playlist_id=87185

Bobby Bowden and Gene Stallings on Foxnews

SWMustang
12-29-2010, 07:38 PM
This was a very bad year for the NCAA. I think they've opened the door for more cheating.

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but doesn't it seem like people and organizations that should conduct themselves with integrity are not doing so? I think of all the Wall Street shenanigans, Clergy Scandals etc. and wonder where the He!! are we heading as a country.

It's disappointing to see one more American institution go down in flames and succumb to the almighty dollar. At least we have High School football.....for now.

Ernest T Bass
12-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Gene Stallings and Bobby Bowden?! Seriously? Those two are talking about integrity in NCAA football programs? Ohhhh the irony!

bobcat1
12-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Gene Stallings and Bobby Bowden?! Seriously? Those two are talking about integrity in NCAA football programs? Ohhhh the irony! Zactly! :D

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
This was a very bad year for the NCAA. I think they've opened the door for more cheating.

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but doesn't it seem like people and organizations that should conduct themselves with integrity are not doing so? I think of all the Wall Street shenanigans, Clergy Scandals etc. and wonder where the He!! are we heading as a country.

It's disappointing to see one more American institution go down in flames and succumb to the almighty dollar. At least we have High School football.....for now.

Except this has been going on for decades..in fact as bad as the year was for College FB it was still a clean year compared to the 70's and 80's

gomeangreen
12-29-2010, 08:03 PM
as soon as money becomes more involved with HS football with the bigger stadiums, more divisions, and so forth it will happen there also

SWMustang
12-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Except this has been going on for decades..in fact as bad as the year was for College FB it was still a clean year compared to the 70's and 80's

There's no excuse for it and shame on all of us for letting it happen.

Ernest T Bass
12-29-2010, 08:10 PM
College football has been dirty since the days of Bear Bryant and Darrell Royal, and probably since the days of Knute Rockne and Red Grange.
That's what scares me about all the high school games being televised.

SWMustang
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
does it not bother people so much because it's been going on for years?

Ernest T Bass
12-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Id say it still bothers people pretty bad. Been lots of uproar over Cam Newton, Terelle Pryor, etc...
Im wondering why everyone's so shocked. Hell, you're talking about billions of dollars at stake, you honestly think they're still "student athletes", or that they ever were?

bobcat1
12-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Id say it still bothers people pretty bad. Been lots of uproar over Cam Newton, Terelle Pryor, etc...
Im wondering why everyone's so shocked. Hell, you're talking about billions of dollars at stake, you honestly think they're still "student athletes", or that they ever were? Never have been. Look at the SMU, the USC, the Ohio State, Oklahoma programs..... the list goes on and on.

Ernest T Bass
12-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Never have been. Look at the SMU, the USC, the Ohio State, Oklahoma programs..... the list goes on and on.

Exactly! How in the hell are you gonna convince an 18 year old boy that Norman, Oklahoma or Lincoln, Nebraska is a better place to spend your college years than Miami, Florida or Los Angeles, California without some "inducements"?

LoboesWT
12-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Im wondering why everyone's so shocked. Hell, you're talking about billions of dollars at stake, you honestly think they're still "student athletes", or that they ever were?
Could not agree more, the dilemma I find myself in now is do I really care if they are paid! Every institutions does it in some form or another! These athletes make millions for the institution or NCAA(formerly known as National Communist Against Athletes-Bosworth) Yes they do get a degree, but it is not worth as much as what they make the institution!

Ernest T Bass
12-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Exactly, everyone's making money off these athletes, except the athletes.

bobcat1
12-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Exactly, everyone's making money off these athletes, except the athletes. The friggin Networks are killin it every year!

RoyceTTU
12-30-2010, 09:27 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Sugar-Bowl-CEO-wanted-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-players-eligible-122910

"I made the point that anything that could be done to preserve the integrity of this year's game, we would greatly appreciate it," Hoolahan said. "That appeal did not fall on deaf ears, and I'm extremely excited about it, that the Buckeyes are coming in at full strength and with no dilution."

Many Ohio State fans believe the suspensions should start immediately.

"I appreciate and fully understand the Midwestern values and ethics behind that," Hoolahan said. "But I'm probably thinking of this from a selfish perspective."

bobcat1
12-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Sugar-Bowl-CEO-wanted-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-players-eligible-122910

"I made the point that anything that could be done to preserve the integrity of this year's game, we would greatly appreciate it," Hoolahan said. "That appeal did not fall on deaf ears, and I'm extremely excited about it, that the Buckeyes are coming in at full strength and with no dilution."

Many Ohio State fans believe the suspensions should start immediately.

"I appreciate and fully understand the Midwestern values and ethics behind that," Hoolahan said. "But I'm probably thinking of this from a selfish perspective." No Duh! Ya Think?