PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Pro Bowlers

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 11:25 AM
The Dallas Cowboys once again prove what I have been stating for years now and that is this is one of the most talented groups of underacheivers in the history of the NFL! Even after the worst season that I can remember from any team they still manage to get 5 players into the Pro Bowl! That is exceeded by only 1 other team in the NFC and that NFC team will likely be in contention for the Superbowl! Has a 5-10 team ever put 5 players in a Pro Bowl before???? For that matter, has a sub .500 team ever put 5 players in the Pro Bowl before???

Bullaholic
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The Dallas Cowboys once again prove what I have been stating for years now and that is this is one of the most talented groups of underacheivers in the history of the NFL! Even after the worst season that I can remember from any team they still manage to get 5 players into the Pro Bowl! That is exceeded by only 1 other team in the NFC and that NFC team will likely be in contention for the Superbowl! Has a 5-10 team ever put 5 players in a Pro Bowl before???? For that matter, has a sub .500 team ever put 5 players in the Pro Bowl before???

Did Romo make it, Farmer? :D

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2010, 11:39 AM
I really cannot believe you use the PRO BOWL as a barometer on talent..the pro bowl might be the WORST way to decide the talent of a team

Tejastrue
12-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I really cannot believe you use the PRO BOWL as a barometer on talent..the pro bowl might be the WORST way to decide the talent of a team

Meant a little more when only the players and coaches voted. A respect of your peers so to speak, but I can see that this is not the most accurate way of rating a player's season performance for the PB. Should not be about popularity or past achievements but we know this is factored in.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Meant a little more when only the players and coaches voted. A respect of your peers so to speak, but I can see that this is not the most accurate way of rating a player's season performance for the PB. Should not be about popularity or past achievements but we know this is factored in.

actually the players and coaches are just as bad..many players have admitted it basically is a hey you vote for me and I will vote for you type of deal..plus unless every team in the NFC plays each other how will a player who never played a certain team make a legitimate vote over the whole conference

BILLYFRED0000
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM

No the coaching sucked all year. It finally got better with Jason but he needs a real defensive staff not a bunch of leftovers from other teams that were let go.

Tejastrue
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
actually the players and coaches are just as bad..many players have admitted it basically is a hey you vote for me and I will vote for you type of deal..plus unless every team in the NFC plays each other how will a player who never played a certain team make a legitimate vote over the whole conference

So, we should just leave it to the broadcasters and sports writers?? :D :D Please, do tell.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
So, we should just leave it to the broadcasters and sports writers?? :D :D Please, do tell.

No..I dont care who makes the pro bowl..I just think it is not a good gauge of anything except a popularity contest and nothing more...Idont care who votes for it, but if someone is going to use the Pro bowl as a barometer of how talented a player or team is IMO that is wrong

Emerson1
12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Last I checked Dware, McBriar, Gurode, Ratliff and Witten weren't part of the problem.

Where are all the secondary pro bowlers since the team is so talented?

RoyceTTU
12-29-2010, 12:49 PM
No..I dont care who makes the pro bowl..I just think it is not a good gauge of anything except a popularity contest and nothing more...Idont care who votes for it, but if someone is going to use the Pro bowl as a barometer of how talented a player or team is IMO that is wrong

I agree with you 100% but for arguments sake(since we have nothing else to argue), what is a better guage.

Salary?
Stats?
Rings?
etc.....

waterboy
12-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Last I checked Dware, McBriar, Gurode, Ratliff and Witten weren't part of the problem.

I think they're playing in the mythical pro bowl, you know, the one where all the mythically talented players play?:D

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 01:01 PM

I guess the BEST way to determine talent is by asking you????

Give us a break Txbroadcaster! You have made this claim dozens of times but it doesn't hold water. Of course there are those few players that get in on popularity votes but those are few and far between. You can take a look at every single player to EVER be voted into the Pro Bowl and there is a better than good arguement to support the votes. You might not like it, but it is a FACT!!!!

http://www.probowlonline.com/pro-bowl-2007.php

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 01:06 PM

The "Popular" players are normally the players that are getting it done!! So sorry you don't agree with the process. But it is the only one we have.

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I would suspect they are exactly where all the "SECONDARY PRO BOWLERS" are from all the other teams in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2010, 01:10 PM
I guess the BEST way to determine talent is by asking you????

Give us a break Txbroadcaster! You have made this claim dozens of times but it doesn't hold water. Of course there are those few players that get in on popularity votes but those are few and far between. You can take a look at every single player to EVER be voted into the Pro Bowl and there is a better than good arguement to support the votes. You might not like it, but it is a FACT!!!!

http://www.probowlonline.com/pro-bowl-2007.php

huh? I am sorry I dont understand what ur trying to say.

And no the few and far between argument IMO is BS..players get a rep and then they get into the pro bowl..then you have players who were 4th down the line but will get into the pro bowl because the 3 above them decided not to play

I am sorry but can you honestly say Ratliff, and Gurode deserve the pro bowl for their 2010 season?

waterboy
12-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Maybe they'll just let the ENTIRE Cowboy team play against the best of the rest of the league, because everybody needs to admit that the Cowboys are "THE" most talented team in the league!:doh:

:D

MJMbrahmas10
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Why are their so many pricks on this site that complain about everything!!!! I thought I was a young one on here. But their must be some 8 year olds

waterboy
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
I think there's only one person on this thread complaining......;) I know I'm not.

MJMbrahmas10
12-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes I know. Tere are many good people on here that I respect. But some must have been the ones who always got beat up and rode the bench in schools

waterboy
12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
:spitlol: :1popcorn: Yep.:cool:

RoyceTTU
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Why are their so many pricks on this site that complain about everything!!!! I thought I was a young one on here. But their must be some 8 year olds

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Have you got your mod letter yet :D

MJMbrahmas10
12-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Nope. They probably feel what I say is true as well

BwdLion73
12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
What the Cowboys need are more Pro Football Players not more Pro Bowlers.

:thinking:

waterboy
12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
What the Cowboys need are more Pro Football Players not more Pro Bowlers.

:thinking:
:clap: :clap:

:doh: Just because you're a pro bowler, it doesn't make you a good football player.........:D Speaking of pro bowlers, anybody ever bowl a 300?:D

ccmom
12-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:clap: :clap:

:doh: Just because you're a pro bowler, it doesn't make you a good football player.........:D Speaking of pro bowlers, anybody ever bowl a 300?:D I bowled a 242 once when I was in college. About 10 people bought me a shot to celebrate and I followed up that score with an impressive 86! :D

waterboy
12-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I bowled a 242 once when I was in college. About 10 people bought me a shot to celebrate and I followed up that score with an impressive 86! :D
I once bowled a 268.:eek: Whenever I was bowling regularly I was averaging around 180. Now I'm lucky if I break into triple figures.....:doh:

Tejastrue
12-29-2010, 06:44 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you got your mod letter yet

Nope. They probably feel what I say is true as well

There will be a brief delay, like the calm before the storm, and then "SLAP" they hit you!! :D :D