PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texan's Brady Lambert

Tejastrue
12-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Congrats to the Wimberley Texan's Brady Lambert. Voted All-Centex "Newcomer of the Year" for the 2010 season!! :clap:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2010/12/26/rhoades_earns_t.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news

runtowin
12-26-2010, 08:29 PM
shouldn't go to a transfer!

runtowin
12-26-2010, 08:34 PM
He played as a soph at Aledo. He is new to this district but not new to varsity play.

ogg
12-26-2010, 09:08 PM
congrats Brady. You'll be twice as good next year!

Ernest T Bass
12-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow, so a kid does this at Southlake and has to sit out his senior year. Does it at Wimberley and gets newcomer of the year.

BaseballUmp
12-26-2010, 09:43 PM
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh473/Redelephant47_bucket/images-7.jpg

ogg
12-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Wow, so a kid does this at Southlake and has to sit out his senior year. Does it at Wimberley and gets newcomer of the year.

Lambert moved to the Hill Country with his family, who had a goal of opening a San Marcos location of their Fort Worth-based pizza chain. This is widely known and had nothing to do with football.

But hey, thanks for your concern!

BaseballUmp
12-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Statesman Article (http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberly-qb-on-brand-new-journey-down-familiar-1092007.html)

Ok yes is says that, but there was also a few too many sentences about this to stand up for me...

Lambert wanted to be a quarterback — last year was his first season as a linebacker — and that presented a problem at his former school.

The Bearcats already had Matthew Bishop, who was District 6-4A's offensive newcomer of the year after passing for more than 2,000 yards and 17 touchdowns last season as a sophomore.

So with little chance of becoming Aledo's quarterback, Lambert moved to the Hill Country with his family, who had a goal of opening a San Marcos location of their Fort Worth-based pizza chain.

"It just wasn't a good fit for us (in Aledo), and I felt like I had a better shot at going on offense for the next level" Lambert said. "My parents always loved it here, and their business, they wanted to open one down here.

"We decided to take the leap."

I mean really, you tell this to a newspaper and no one looks into it?

ogg
12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Statesman Article (http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberly-qb-on-brand-new-journey-down-familiar-1092007.html)

Ok yes is says that, but there was also a few too many sentences about this to stand up for me...

Lambert wanted to be a quarterback — last year was his first season as a linebacker — and that presented a problem at his former school.

The Bearcats already had Matthew Bishop, who was District 6-4A's offensive newcomer of the year after passing for more than 2,000 yards and 17 touchdowns last season as a sophomore.

So with little chance of becoming Aledo's quarterback, Lambert moved to the Hill Country with his family, who had a goal of opening a San Marcos location of their Fort Worth-based pizza chain.

"It just wasn't a good fit for us (in Aledo), and I felt like I had a better shot at going on offense for the next level" Lambert said. "My parents always loved it here, and their business, they wanted to open one down here.

"We decided to take the leap."

I mean really, you tell this to a newspaper and no one looks into it?

So what's your point?

BaseballUmp
12-26-2010, 10:44 PM
paraphrasing...

I really wanted to play quarterback but the other guy did good last year so I wouldn't have a shot. I'll have a better shot in Wimberley and the folks can open a pizza shop there...

Surely I can't be the only one that finds this a bit strange

Ernest T Bass
12-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
paraphrasing...

I really wanted to play quarterback but the other guy did good last year so I wouldn't have a shot. I'll have a better shot in Wimberley and the folks can open a pizza shop there...

Hill Country doesn't have a Brett Shipp, evidently.

Blue42
12-26-2010, 11:49 PM
Hill Country doesn't have a Brett Shipp, evidently.
Let's digup Marvin Zindler if nothing else will find some Slime In The Ice Machine.

Tejastrue
12-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Come on people.. I don't control who votes for these things. Do you?? Just trying to support the young men who play for our team. Why are you trying to taint this??:( :dispntd:

wimbo_pro
12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
The parents want their son to play QB, and they want to move to the hill country. They uprooted, sold their home, moved, registered, and are starting their business in the hill country. They checked into several districts, and chose Wimberely (according to their father). They followed the rules 100%.

What else do you guys expect? I dont get it.

As far as the kid moving to SLC...read that article about that situation. If you see ANY similarity, let me know.

Ernest T Bass
12-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The parents want their son to play QB, and they want to move to the hill country. They uprooted, sold their home, moved, registered, and are starting their business in the hill country. They checked into several districts, and chose Wimberely (according to their father). They followed the rules 100%.

What else do you guys expect? I dont get it.

As far as the kid moving to SLC...read that article about that situation. If you see ANY similarity, let me know.

That is EXACTLY what the folks at SLC did. But, like I said, no Brett Shipp in the Hill Country, evidently.
Also, no class/program envy, either.

wimbo_pro
12-27-2010, 12:24 AM
That is EXACTLY what the folks at SLC did. But, like I said, no Brett Shipp in the Hill Country, evidently.
Also, no class/program envy, either.

That is NOT what the parents did. The father was STILL living in OK. The kid was going to miss his last year due to a disctrict ruling in OK, and was trying to find a place to play. This is FAR from what took place here.

Tejastrue
12-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by
paraphrasing...

Sorry BaseballUmp. Did you really want to go there? This is just BS!! I still don't get your point. Please... Let your true feelings be known, because for the life of me, I don't see them!!

Ernest T Bass
12-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Kid wasn't going to play QB in Oklahoma. So, parents wanted their kid to play QB at SLC. So they sold their house(was on the market, hadn't sold yet), bought one in Southlake, and relocated( across state lines at that) to Southlake, Texas.
Kid wasn't going to play QB for Aledo. So, parents wanted their kid to play QB for Wimberley. So, they sold their house in Aledo, bought one in Wimberley, and moved to the Hill Country.
Sounds like damned similar stories to me. Hell, the kid in SLC probably moved farther than the Lambert kid did.
Honestly, if a kid is going to move that far for athletic reasons, as long as there weren't any inducements(and to my knowledge, there were none in either case), then I see no problem with it.
Just think it's ironic that the Garman family and Carroll ISD were so villified, while this kid did essentially the same thing and everyone involved in honored.

wimbo_pro
12-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Kid wasn't going to play QB in Oklahoma. So, parents wanted their kid to play QB at SLC. So they sold their house(was on the market, hadn't sold yet), bought one in Southlake, and relocated( across state lines at that) to Southlake, Texas.
Kid wasn't going to play QB for Aledo. So, parents wanted their kid to play QB for Wimberley. So, they sold their house in Aledo, bought one in Wimberley, and moved to the Hill Country.
Sounds like damned similar stories to me. Hell, the kid in SLC probably moved farther than the Lambert kid did.
Honestly, if a kid is going to move that far for athletic reasons, as long as there weren't any inducements(and to my knowledge, there were none in either case), then I see no problem with it.
Just think it's ironic that the Garman family and Carroll ISD were so villified, while this kid did essentially the same thing and everyone involved in honored.

You are conveniently overlooking the facts of the case. The Garman kid was ruled ineligible to play due to an issue of district lines in OK. So, they "conveniently" and suddenly moved to DFW. That would be fine...except.....the father did NOT move. In fact, he was still living in THE HOUSE you say they were trying to sell. He was even video'd in OK going fishing, when he had said he moved. You have taken a clear cut case of a family uprooting and moving to another town, lock-stock-and-barrel, selling their home and their businesses, renting a home and BOTH moving in with their other children...versus one that was hiding the facts of their move, still living in the house that was supposed to be on the market in OK, and was known (and video'd) still living in OK when he said he was actually living in Texas. You are being silly now.

Tejastrue
12-27-2010, 12:59 AM
To all that have a problem with the original post. This really disgusts me. I wish I would have never posted this article!!

Ernest T Bass
12-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You are conveniently overlooking the facts of the case. The Garman kid was ruled ineligible to play due to an issue of district lines in OK. So, they "conveniently" and suddenly moved to DFW. That would be fine...except.....the father did NOT move. In fact, he was still living in THE HOUSE you say they were trying to sell. He was even video'd in OK going fishing, when he had said he moved. You have taken a clear cut case of a family uprooting and moving to another town, lock-stock-and-barrel, selling their home and their businesses, renting a home and BOTH moving in with their other children...versus one that was hiding the facts of their move, still living in the house that was supposed to be on the market in OK, and was known (and video'd) still living in OK when he said he was actually living in Texas. You are being silly now.

So, fishing in OK means living there? The house was on the market and completely empty. Looks like the same thing to me.

Tejastrue
12-27-2010, 01:33 AM
So, fishing in OK means living there? The house was on the market and completely empty. Looks like the same thing to me.

Let it go ETB. Your credibility if any is dwindling.

Ernest T Bass
12-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Let it go ETB. Your credibility if any is dwindling.

Noooo, say it ain't so!! :rolleyes:
All I'm doing is pointing out the double standard. The situations are damned near identical. I have no problem with either one. But, if Wimberely had won 4 state championships and was made up of mostly high socioeconomic families, the story would be much different.

BaseballUmp
12-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Testing Testing....

trojandad
12-29-2010, 01:03 AM
the kid looked like he had tons of potential when we played him, even in one of his worst nights.....i'd take him on my team, for sure.....