PDA

View Full Version : For kitna lovers

GrTigers6
12-25-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm am so glad he is finally showing his true colors

Emerson1
12-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Because his receivers fell down then dropped a pass?

Sweetwater Red
12-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Because his receivers fell down then dropped a pass?

Right? :doh:

Kitna is playing well. His WRs not so much.

GrTigers6
12-25-2010, 08:26 PM
The pass to Austin should have been on his outside shoulder and Roy ha to stop just ro get a hand on the ball

slpybear the bullfan
12-25-2010, 09:21 PM
That first INT was on Kitna.

coach
12-25-2010, 10:46 PM
if it was romo ppl on here would be saying how both throws were romo's fault lol

Eagle 1
12-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

How is that? Miles fell down.
And Roy (i cant catch) Williams let the ball go through his hands.
Yea, it wasn't a very good pass but even the annoucers said he should have caught it. I bet either Jordan or Jaxon Shipley would have caught the ball.
I'm not a Kitna fan, but....I blame both receivers on those picks.
Just the way I see it.
I was glad to see McGee throw a perfect TD pass.
The kicker needs to stick to just kickoffs, but I understand having two kickers on one team is senseless.

GrTigers6
12-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Those announcers are idiots. They said that the pass interference against Hurd that the defender never touched him. Iran come on. Kitna was off the entire game. He missed a wide open Austin in th first quarter

tigerfan99
12-27-2010, 01:18 AM
kitna is a good qb just to old i wish romo had his fire and passion

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by coach
if it was romo ppl on here would be saying how both throws were romo's fault lol

Romo is a franchise QB making 12 million a season. Kitna is a 1 million a year 38 year old backup that never has been successful in the NFL. I think Romo has a slightly higher standard than Kitna does! And the first int was a bad decision by Kitna and should have never been thrown. But Austin falling down was the reason it was intercepted. The second int was 100% on R. Williams. Kitna threw the ball the ONLY place it could have been thrown because the Cards had a LB sitting on that route on the inside. Williams has to make that catch. It hit him right in the hands even if it was on his outside shoulder! Without the two receiver errors mentioned Kitna is 14 out of 20 for a 70% completion rate and would have a +100 QB rating in that game! Kitna was the LEAST of our worries in that game...................

gobblerfan34
12-29-2010, 11:06 AM
defense continues to be the real problem for the cowboys

wholesale changes need to be made on that side of the ball

also offensive line probably needs 3 new starters

GO MEAN GREEN

Macarthur
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Romo is a franchise QB making 12 million a season. Kitna is a 1 million a year 38 year old backup that never has been successful in the NFL. I think Romo has a slightly higher standard than Kitna does! And the first int was a bad decision by Kitna and should have never been thrown. But Austin falling down was the reason it was intercepted. The second int was 100% on R. Williams. Kitna threw the ball the ONLY place it could have been thrown because the Cards had a LB sitting on that route on the inside. Williams has to make that catch. It hit him right in the hands even if it was on his outside shoulder! Without the two receiver errors mentioned Kitna is 14 out of 20 for a 70% completion rate and would have a +100 QB rating in that game! Kitna was the LEAST of our worries in that game...................

Famer, I think it's interesting to think of this in light of all of our discussions in the past. Babe Laughenburg had exactly the opposite analysis that you had. He put all of the first throw on Austin and said the ball to RW should not have been thrown and was on Kitna.

Now, I don't want to put myself or others on here up as expert football analysis, but it does seem interesting to me that myself and several others on here seem to see a different game than you do. It's almost like we are watching a mirror image of the same game. You see exactly the opposite that many of us here see.

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Famer, I think it's interesting to think of this in light of all of our discussions in the past. Babe Laughenburg had exactly the opposite analysis that you had. He put all of the first throw on Austin and said the ball to RW should not have been thrown and was on Kitna.

Now, I don't want to put myself or others on here up as expert football analysis, but it does seem interesting to me that myself and several others on here seem to see a different game than you do. It's almost like we are watching a mirror image of the same game. You see exactly the opposite that many of us here see.

!

I watched the same game you watched! And I heard what Babe said! But I also heard what many people OTHER THAN Babe said! And many of them stated basically what I said!
Basically, the first pass was very, very unlikely to be completed even if Austin stays on his feet. It was a timing pattern but the defender rode Austin all the way through that route and Kitna should be able to read that tight coverage and move on in his progression. The pass to Williams might or might not have been a good decision but even if a bad decision the ball was put right where it had to be put to make it catchable. Williams just failed to make the catch. One was a pass that had about a 1 in 10 chance of success and the other was a pass that is caught 9 out of 10 times. And to all you who "Saw a different game"! Might I recommend Tivo?

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan34
defense continues to be the real problem for the cowboys

wholesale changes need to be made on that side of the ball

also offensive line probably needs 3 new starters

GO MEAN GREEN

I was completely floored by how many "BAD PLAYS" that Anthony Spencer made in that game! From missed sacks, missed tackles and coverage errors it seemed like he didn't have a clue what he was doing! I know I saw at least 5 times he could have made a play that would have been huge for his team but failed to do so.

BILLYFRED0000
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

But the second not so much. Kitna missed a little but roy got his hands on the ball. And like my coach always said if you can get your hands on it you should catch it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-29-2010, 12:25 PM
!

I watched the same game you watched! And I heard what Babe said! But I also heard what many people OTHER THAN Babe said! And many of them stated basically what I said!
Basically, the first pass was very, very unlikely to be completed even if Austin stays on his feet. It was a timing pattern but the defender rode Austin all the way through that route and Kitna should be able to read that tight coverage and move on in his progression. The pass to Williams might or might not have been a good decision but even if a bad decision the ball was put right where it had to be put to make it catchable. Williams just failed to make the catch. One was a pass that had about a 1 in 10 chance of success and the other was a pass that is caught 9 out of 10 times. And to all you who "Saw a different game"! Might I recommend Tivo?

No that was on Austin. the coverage was good but not great. It would have been completed.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
!

I just dont see that pass to RW being caught 9 out of 10 times..he was moving forward ball is thrown on back shoulder with a LB RIGHT THERE...the bad luck was how it bounced off of RW and to a Cardinal

GrTigers6
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
!

Basically, the first pass was very, very unlikely to be completed even if Austin stays on his feet. It was a timing pattern but the defender rode Austin all the way through that route and Kitna should be able to read that tight coverage and move on in his progression. The pass to Williams might or might not have been a good decision but even if a bad decision the ball was put right where it had to be put to make it catchable. Williams just failed to make the catch. One was a pass that had about a 1 in 10 chance of success and the other was a pass that is caught 9 out of 10 times. And to all you who "Saw a different game"! Might I recommend Tivo? I'm sorry but I cant let you say that the pass to roy was his fault. If you use your "Tivo" you can see that 1. The pass either should have been thrown sooner or not at all. and 2. it was behind him to the point that he had to stop in his tracks just to get a hand on it.

Macarthur
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
!

Who, may I ask had that take?

I would grant you the point that the coverage was tight, but if Aikman never threw the ball to Irvin unless he saw daylight, neither would be in the HOF. In that case, I think the QB trusts the WR to make a play and, at worst, the ball is incomplete.

I would also agree that RW could have caught that ball. And based on where the defense was, he probably did throw it the only place he could have. But Babe's point, and I agree, was that it was such a tight window and the risk reward there was so out of whack, he should have gone somewhere else with that ball.

Farmersfan
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Who, may I ask had that take?

I would grant you the point that the coverage was tight, but if Aikman never threw the ball to Irvin unless he saw daylight, neither would be in the HOF. In that case, I think the QB trusts the WR to make a play and, at worst, the ball is incomplete.

I would also agree that RW could have caught that ball. And based on where the defense was, he probably did throw it the only place he could have. But Babe's point, and I agree, was that it was such a tight window and the risk reward there was so out of whack, he should have gone somewhere else with that ball.

I think you and I said the exact same thing.

But how do you think the Roy Williams throw was "TIGHTER" than the throw to Austin. Roy could have made that catch unchallenged but even if Austin doesn't fall he would be fighting the defender for the ball. The defender was in as good a position as Miles Austin would have been. So the Aikman anaology fits the Roy Williams miss as much as it does the Austin miss. And everybody I watched who commented on the throws except Babe said R. Williams should have caught that ball.

Macarthur
12-29-2010, 02:43 PM
I think you and I said the exact same thing.

But how do you think the Roy Williams throw was "TIGHTER" than the throw to Austin. Roy could have made that catch unchallenged but even if Austin doesn't fall he would be fighting the defender for the ball. The defender was in as good a position as Miles Austin would have been. So the Aikman anaology fits the Roy Williams miss as much as it does the Austin miss. And everybody I watched who commented on the throws except Babe said R. Williams should have caught that ball.

I think the biggest difference in the two is that Austin was one on one with the CB. RW was running a slant into a LBer. He was bracketed by the LBer and the DB behind and to the side of Roy which ultimately caught the tip.

I think anyone would tell you that it's a higher percentage throw to go to the WR that is singled up on a DB wide than to try and throw a slant into a tight window where the WR is bracketed by two defenders and one is a LBer that is about to take the WRs head off.