PDA

View Full Version : What's santa bringing you?

Cameron Crazy
12-23-2010, 11:26 PM
What is santa bringing you guys?

OldBison75
12-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Nothing probably--I ain't been good enough--at least that's what she said.

Okay, I took the shot myself. Maybe I saved somebody else from getting a PM.

rolldawgs
12-24-2010, 02:00 AM
A bright red shirt that says "Carthage 3-Peat" on it and a maroon shirt
that says "Pearland/State Champions" on it.

I was fortunate enough to follow both Carthage and Pearland closely, since the Dawg playoff games were on Fridays, and the Oilers on Saturdays. It made for some long drives, but well worth it. My great- nephew is Anthony Morgan of Carthage, and my son & daughter attend Pearland HS. Needless to say, I was a big fan of both schools playing at Jerryworld on the same weekend.

It was fascinating to watch both teams use a very similar formula to win it all. Both teams had huge offensive lines for their respective divisions (5A/3A) that would consistently win the field position battles and often take over games. Both had similar QB's and running backs that were simply WINNERS. Both QB's were cool, collected playmakers who made terrific decisions time and time again. Both had very good (but not overpowering) defenses that always seemed to make the stops when they had to.

Everyone has heard that "defense wins championships". But you've also heard that there are cases where "the best defense is a good offense". And THAT seems to be how these two teams got it done. Late in the games, the opposing teams just had NO answer the these two offenses.

skins4life
12-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Debt!!! :mad: :mad:

BaseballUmp
12-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Some underwear and socks

Ernest T Bass
12-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Got me a new toolbox for the pickup truck! I'll be smarter this time and won't lock it.

jason
12-24-2010, 02:15 PM
a blower

zebrablue2
12-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Some underwear and socks

about time u start to wear those things:D

bobcat1
12-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Coal.:(

LIONS#1
12-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by rolldawgs
A bright red shirt that says "Carthage 3-Peat" on it and a maroon shirt
that says "Pearland/State Champions" on it.

I was fortunate enough to follow both Carthage and Pearland closely, since the Dawg playoff games were on Fridays, and the Oilers on Saturdays. It made for some long drives, but well worth it. My great- nephew is Anthony Morgan of Carthage, and my son & daughter attend Pearland HS. Needless to say, I was a big fan of both schools playing at Jerryworld on the same weekend.

It was fascinating to watch both teams use a very similar formula to win it all. Both teams had huge offensive lines for their respective divisions (5A/3A) that would consistently win the field position battles and often take over games. Both had similar QB's and running backs that were simply WINNERS. Both QB's were cool, collected playmakers who made terrific decisions time and time again. Both had very good (but not overpowering) defenses that always seemed to make the stops when they had to.

Everyone has heard that "defense wins championships". But you've also heard that there are cases where "the best defense is a good offense". And THAT seems to be how these two teams got it done. Late in the games, the opposing teams just had NO answer the these two offenses.

Hey Joe Tell Sandra I said howdy!!:D

YTBulldogs
12-24-2010, 06:43 PM
A Republican Congress

FB-fanatic
12-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Monster grill that was on sale at Acadamy.

Tejastrue
12-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
Debt!!! :mad: :mad: :iagree:

LIONS#1
12-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
A Republican Congress

Amen!!

SintonFan
12-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Coal.:(

Same here. There isn't much left for daddy after what we had for our budget this year.
But that is OK.
When I look back at this year and see that we are relatively healthy...

I can't complain.

I thank Him for our blessings.

You know what?

That is good enough.

This board is special because there are many members here who have Faith and are willing to pray for people they have never met in person. I know that the prayers our family received this year(and every year) from this board has accomplished miracles.

Ohh my God...
that is good enough.

Yes, we all here are blessed indeed.:)

God Bless you all and Merry Christmas!:clap: :) :)

Blue42
12-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Wow I have been so blessed this year but the blessing of family and friends is the best of all .
God bless us everyone .
Merry Christmas.

piratebg
12-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Hopefully a quiet day at work and a Cowboys victory.