PDA

View Full Version : The 2005 National Champions Texas Longhorns

coach
12-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Tell me if im wrong but remember when EVERYBODY said USC was going to win and they were the best team ever and the game should not have been played. Then when it was played Texas beat them after an amazing performance by somebody named Vince Young....well.....

Broonwood was suppose to be the best ever and was comparing them to Dangerfield. They said just hand them the trophy now. But when the game was played Carthage beat them after an amazing performance by somebody named Hunter Holland...and ithis is where it gets even more similar

After the Texas game all Texas fans were constantly bashing the media and USC for claiming them Champions before the game and now on here we have ppl constantly bashing Bwood posters.....

oldtownag
12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
So, what is your point?

coach
12-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
So, what is your point?

that both situations are very verry similar...and no michael its not bc i am an aggie...in fact that post makes no sense....

Pendragon13
12-23-2010, 06:37 PM
The big difference is that is was the national sports media that made the 05 USC team the "college team of the century"...and it was just a handful of posters on a lowly little Texas high school football forum making Brownwood the "best 3A team ever";)

coach
12-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
The big difference is that is was the national sports media that made the 05 USC team the "college team of the century"...and it was just a handful of posters on a lowly little Texas high school football forum making Brownwood the "best 3A team ever";)

lol so true but some think just bc someone says it on here theen its true and completely right lol

DDBooger
12-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
The big difference is that is was the national sports media that made the 05 USC team the "college team of the century"...and it was just a handful of posters on a lowly little Texas high school football forum making Brownwood the "best 3A team ever";) I'd venture to say a lot of people NOT from Brownwood made those threads about best team ever. Though, Rocket did feed into them.

bwdlionfan
12-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by coach
lol so true but some think just bc someone says it on here theen its true and completely right lol

And then you have people who have no connection to Brownwood or Carthage but continually bring up Brownwood in their posts whether it's to criticize their fans on a message board or to criticize their high school players for laying on the field following a loss.

Get a life.

eagleqb_14
12-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
And then you have people who have no connection to Brownwood or Carthage but continually bring up Brownwood in their posts whether it's to criticize their fans on a message board or to criticize their high school players for laying on the field following a loss.

Get a life.

i actually have connection of both teams....i love texas football so therefore i can say whatever i feel like about either team...and if you dont like it

then dont post or better yet ignore me :D

bwdlionfan
12-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
i actually have connection of both teams....i love texas football so therefore i can say whatever i feel like about either team...and if you dont like it

then dont post or better yet ignore me :D

You must have a reading comprehension problem (clearly an east Texas connection there). My post was directed at Coach.

eagleqb_14
12-23-2010, 09:01 PM
You must have a reading comprehension problem (clearly an east Texas connection there). My post was directed at Coach.

no it was coach who posted it. he accidently posed on my name

oldtownag
12-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
no it was coach who posted it. he accidently posed on my name

So are you two roomates are something?

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 11:09 PM

Why do you have to throw East Texas under the bus?

garciap77
12-23-2010, 11:23 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/crying_with_laughter.gif

;)

bwdlionfan
12-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why do you have to throw East Texas under the bus?

Everyone knows people in east Texas can't read, and people in west Texas can't run!

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Everyone knows people in east Texas can't read, and people in west Texas can't run!

no no no no

East Texas people SPEED Read :D

bobcat1
12-23-2010, 11:43 PM
So are you two roomates are something? That right there is funny. :clap: :clap: :clap:

BaseballUmp
12-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey did yall hear that Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley were roommates last year?

bobcat4life
12-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Hey did yall hear that Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley were roommates last year? Please elaborate...

coach
12-24-2010, 04:04 AM

brothers

bwdlionfan
12-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Please elaborate...

Their dads knew each other or something