PDA

View Full Version : I hope this doesnt offend anyone

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 08:03 AM
but ive always wondered why Chinease people always look sleepy. Anybody notice that?

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
but ive always wondered why Chinease people always look sleepy. Anybody notice that?

MSG

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Could be :thinking:

injuredinmelee
12-23-2010, 09:07 AM
my 12yr old daughter asked me the other day why people of oriental descent always seem angry when they speak in their native tongue. (I PC'ed up her actual comment)

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
my 12yr old daughter asked me the other day why people of oriental descent always seem angry when they speak in their native tongue. (I PC'ed up her actual comment)

This reminded me of a story.

My wife teaches 3-5 yr old special needs kids. The other day, her and one student was walking down the hall. Another elderly/wrinkled face teacher was walking towards them. The little boy asked my wife why that lady had stripes on her face.

Classic:D

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
This reminded me of a story.

My wife teaches 3-5 yr old special needs kids. The other day, her and one student was walking down the hall. Another elderly/wrinkled face teacher was walking towards them. The little boy asked my wife why that lady had stripes on her face.

Classic:D

LMAO. I spewed coffee on that one.

eagles_victory
12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Problem with the downlow right here Coach gets suspended a month for his comment but this gets looked right past. Neither one of them probably offended anyone on the board just shows you it depends on who you are.

coach
12-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Problem with the downlow right here Coach gets suspended a month for his comment but this gets looked right past. Neither one of them probably offended anyone on the board just shows you it depends on who you are.

whats worse is I say someone lays on the ground and I think its not a good thing to do and there is 9 pages of how im the sorriest wanna be coach who has no life person i am

Old LB
12-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by coach
whats worse is I say someone lays on the ground and I think its not a good thing to do and there is 9 pages of how im the sorriest wanna be coach who has no life person i am

As you get older you will come to realize you do not have to say everything that pops into your head.

Ernest T Bass
12-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Ever notice that no matter how angry a Spanish or French speaking woman is, it still sounds sexy??

Since we're talking about kids...
5 year old daughter is in CiCi's pizza. There's a lady working there with an eye patch. Daughter walks up, makes a hook with her hand, says "arrgggg! Are you really a pirate?".

coach
12-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Ever notice that no matter how angry a Spanish or French speaking woman is, it still sounds sexy??

Since we're talking about kids...
5 year old daughter is in CiCi's pizza. There's a lady working there with an eye patch. Daughter walks up, makes a hook with her hand, says "arrgggg! Are you really a pirate?".

lol thats great

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 03:02 PM
My bad.

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 03:08 PM
My bad.

What you said is a far stretch from being offensive IMHO

ccmom
12-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
What you said is a far stretch from being offensive IMHO

Yeah but if there were Chinese kids on the Brownwood team, all hell would have broken lose after he posted that. Just saying...:thinking:

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Well, I did refer to a certain race as Chinese. Chinese people should never be called Chinese. Actually, on a serious note, I think he is upset that I made a generalization about Chinese people.

ccmom
12-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Well, I did refer to a certain race as Chinese. Chinese people should never be called Chinese. Actually, on a serious note, I think he is upset that I made a generalization about Chinese people.

Well, actually you called them "Chinease" and since that's not even a word, I think you are safe! :D

Old LB
12-23-2010, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ccmom
"Chinease"

I think Jay Leno needs some of that. :thinking:

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Well, actually you called them "Chinease" and since that's not even a word, I think you are safe! :D
I meant Chinese :doh: Doesnt matter how its spelled, we are in the day and age that people are ultra sensative and I have to realize that something that seems harmless twenty or thirty years ago, is hurtful to some people these days. I need to appologize to Eagles Victory when I see him online next.

Tejastrue
12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
I meant Chinese :doh: Doesnt matter how its spelled, we are in the day and age that people are ultra sensative and I have to realize that something that seems harmless twenty or thirty years ago, is hurtful to some. I need to appologize to Eagles Victory when I see him online next

You in big trouble now!! http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Nonc_Ron/chinese.gif

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af144/enyeruchiha/gif/thbruce_lee_glowsticks.gif

coach
12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
My bad.

i dont think he was directing it towards you. i am pretty sure he doesnt care what you said. in fact he probably laughed. i think what he is saying is that certain mods treat other board members differently

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 03:32 PM
i dont think he was directing it towards you. i am pretty sure he doesnt care what you said. in fact he probably laughed. i think what he is saying is that certain mods treat other board members differently
I actually kinda got warned about it though.

ccmom
12-23-2010, 03:32 PM
I meant Chinese :doh: Doesnt matter how its spelled, we are in the day and age that people are ultra sensative and I have to realize that something that seems harmless twenty or thirty years ago, is hurtful to some people these days. I need to appologize to Eagles Victory when I see him online next.

Welll gooooood gravy now you are making me feel bad. :(

I took it like coach said...he was pointing out that that in his opinion not all posters are treated the same. Anyway...lighten up everybody!

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Welll gooooood gravy now you are making me feel bad. :(

I took it like coach said...he was pointing out that that in his opinion not all posters are treated the same. Anyway...lighten up everybody!
My goal every morning when I get up is, to make you feel bad! :p

Bullaholic
12-23-2010, 03:42 PM
My bad.

All the ladies of the international, multi-ethnic, outdoor modeling agencies represented on Harrry Hines and Rosedale never found you to be prejudiced on paydays, G2......:D

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
All the ladies of the international, multi-ethnic, outdoor modeling agencies represented on Harrry Hines and Rosedale never found you to be prejudiced on paydays, G2......:D
Haha, we call those places "AMPS" Asian Massage Parlors. :clap:

PPHSfan
12-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Have you ever noticed that when you tell a Chinese joke, 30 minutes later you feel like you need go tell another one to be satisfied?

ccmom
12-23-2010, 03:53 PM
My goal every morning when I get up is, to make you feel bad! :p

Well now I am afraid to offer my very clever response because some Nancy will cry foul. :( It was a good one, too!!
:( :p

crzyjournalist03
12-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Chinese jokes and Chinese food...they all end up in the toilet within an hour or two.

defense51
12-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
As you get older you will come to realize you do not have to say everything that pops into your head. What age does this start to happen?

Bullaholic
12-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Have you ever noticed that when you tell a Chinese joke, 30 minutes later you feel like you need go tell another one to be satisfied?

Holy mackerel---What a Christmas present--- a timely visit from the Prince of Political Correctness himself.....:D

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah but if there were Chinese kids on the Brownwood team, all hell would have broken lose after he posted that. Just saying...:thinking:

If he called him by name or elluded that the kid was from Brownwood, it would be on like donkey kong :doh: :doh: But even then its still a pretty acurate statement about the physical apprearance. :D

PPHSfan
12-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by defense51
What age does this start to happen?
Around 77 I think.

Old LB
12-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by defense51
What age does this start to happen?

Never does for some. :D

PPHSfan
12-23-2010, 04:14 PM
G2s mom is Chinese. When he was born she named him Sum Ting Wong.

crzyjournalist03
12-23-2010, 04:16 PM
G2s mom is Chinese. When he was born she named him Sum Ting Wong.

I guess the first joke only held you over 23 minutes this time...

PPHSfan
12-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I guess the first joke only held you over 23 minutes this time...
Funny

Ranger Mom
12-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Funny

Yay!!

I'm so happy to see you!!!

Too much whining on here for me lately!!

Remember back in the good old days???:D :D

turbostud
12-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I was watching True Grit last night and John Wayne had a cook that was chinese. He called him a "chinaman." That wouldnt fly these days in the movies. those old movies have some bad stereotypes in them.

He also called Glenn Clambell a "Texican."

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Tis' The Season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WcFObgYhI)

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 05:25 PM

This to me is where the real problem lies...people cant disagree without it turning into personal stuff..I did disagree with your view on it and we both gave our reasons and neither of us got personal.

It truly annoys me when in a debate someone turns to personal, because IMO it shows they have nothing further to add

Bullaholic
12-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This to me is where the real problem lies...people cant disagree without it turning into personal stuff..I did disagree with your view on it and we both gave our reasons and neither of us got personal.

It truly annoys me when in a debate someone turns to personal, because IMO it shows they have nothing further to add

I agree--- you closet East Texas Brownwood hatin' Romosexual, you....oh yea--you got a bad haircut, too....:D

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I agree--- you closet East Texas Brownwood hatin' Romosexual, you....oh yea--you got a bad haircut, too....:D

See...Bull does not get personal there :D :D

eagleqb_14
12-23-2010, 05:37 PM
why does it matter, this is America

eagles_victory
12-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Gsquared I wasnt offended I didn't care about what you said. I was just making a point about the double standards allowed here.

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Gsquared I wasnt offended I didn't care about what you said. I was just making a point about the double standards allowed here.

I am offended that you were not offended

eagleqb_14
12-23-2010, 06:19 PM

nvm

coach
12-23-2010, 06:20 PM

you are one of the few who debate a lot and most of your views i agree and there are some that i disagree, but all of them you never get personal and i like that about you

Ernest T Bass
12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
you are one of the few who debate a lot and most of your views i agree and there are some that i disagree, but all of them you never get personal and i like that about you

Well, thank you. I mean, TxB thanks you.

Pendragon13
12-23-2010, 06:33 PM
We can thank the PC movement people who started in the 70's and really got rolling in the 90's. If it weren't for them then none of this stuff would really be as funny as it is today!:clap:

coach
12-23-2010, 06:43 PM

yall are both welcome ha :clap:

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 06:48 PM

Thanks Batman

Ernest T Bass
12-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks Batman

Anyime Robin.

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Anyime Robin.

by the way can u pick up my green spandex underwear from cleaners I made a little doody in them

Ernest T Bass
12-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, but this is the LAST time!

SintonFan
12-23-2010, 07:13 PM

The entire Vietnamease langauge is composed of two words...
"Ya and Yo".

Good to see you here PPHSFan.

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Ok here's one for the people that are easily offendedm is a tamaale mexican food or just food?

garciap77
12-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Ok here's one for the people that are easily offendedm is a tamaale mexican food or just food?

What is a tamaale?:D

;)

Gsquared
12-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
What is a tamaale?:D

;) haha sorry bout the typo but there are two contributing factors.One, I'm posting from a blackberry. Two, its a friday and I've had way to much Jesus Juice

garciap77
12-23-2010, 09:05 PM
haha sorry bout the typo but there are two contributing factors.One, I'm posting from a blackberry. Two, its a friday and I've had way to much Jesus Juice

Well, I’ll say that they are a snack that goes well with alcohol.:D

SintonFan
12-23-2010, 09:57 PM
haha sorry bout the typo but there are two contributing factors.One, I'm posting from a blackberry. Two, its a friday and I've had way to much Jesus Juice

Is it Friday there?
Heck... who cares.
Its 5 O Clock somewhere...:D

garciap77
12-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Is it Friday there?
Heck... who cares.
Its 5 O Clock somewhere...:D

It's been beer thirty since 3:00pm!:D

sinton66
12-25-2010, 07:06 PM

Coach's comment was MUCH different. And it would be best if you mind your own business.