PDA

View Full Version : Jaxon Shipley

coach
12-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Is there a highlight video out there of him. I told my brother he might be better than Jordan and he does not believe me. I want to show him some footage but i really can't find any.

garciap77
12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by coach
Is there a highlight video out there of him. I told my brother he might be better than Jordan and he does not believe me. I want to show him some footage but i really can't find any.

This here is: Jaxon Shipley Sophomore Highlight!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd_Vkhyfp1A

garciap77
12-22-2010, 08:30 PM
And if you go here you can find many others:

http://www.google.com/#q=jaxon+shipley+brownwood&hl=en&prmd=ivnso&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=lqUSTabfKcOblgeS28DcDA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQqwQwAA&fp=9842a677ad96f15b

wimbo_pro
12-22-2010, 11:03 PM
He is all over Youtube. Incredible videos.

buckeyebob
12-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Boy he would be something if he had a team in front of him...recon he would want to move to Gilmer? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-964.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 08:41 AM

I put this together for a few guys at work who couldn't understand just how good he is. These are all the clips, from only this year that I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wieSSPQJbME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJa1_7gvuVY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXHKwut1F4M&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wieSSPQJbME&feature=BF&list=ULTkb_x_tG4nw&index=4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=VSSVILLE001.mp4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=daisyandshipleypuntreturn003.mp4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=LionsatJerrysWorld012.mp4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=VSSVILLE004.mp4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=009.mp4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=006.mp4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=DSCF7140.mp4
http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=DSCF7138.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f7pNtf-DqQ&playnext=1&list=PL13021BA811B7E6CE&index=1

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 08:50 AM
He is an amazing athlete. I just hope that Texas can get the QB situation figured out. It would be ashamed if Jaxon did not have someone consistent enough to get him the ball. His brother was blessed with Colt McCoy.

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I think he will be fine with Case throwing him the ball.

injuredinmelee
12-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I think he will be fine with Case throwing him the ball.
if I was a betting man I would say Connor Wood will be throwing him the ball.

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Who thinks Gilbert transfers?

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff

Not with a new OC coming in. He just got a "get out of jail free" card.

Looking4number8
12-23-2010, 09:15 AM

Gilbert confuses me, he has tons of raw talent and at times looked like he was going to be very special, then the next play he would look like a deer in the headlights...

Personaly I would love to see McCoy come along and take his spot... just that's just wishfull thinking on my part

did anybody else watch the Lake Travis SC game. Gilbert has a little brother that played reciever for LT. Kid was as studly as Jaxon and was playing against 5A defenders... Is he a senior? Is he going to UT?

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Gilbert confuses me, he has tons of raw talent and at times looked like he was going to be very special, then the next play he would look like a deer in the headlights...

Personaly I would love to see McCoy come along and take his spot... just that's just wishfull thinking on my part

did anybody else watch the Lake Travis SC game. Gilbert has a little brother that played reciever for LT. Kid was as studly as Jaxon and was playing against 5A defenders... Is he a senior? Is he going to UT?

Griffin Gilbert is a sophmore this year.

hollywood
12-23-2010, 09:30 AM

:eek: Soph?? Wow, that kid maybe more talented than his older brother. Good frame and great hands.

Looking4number8
12-23-2010, 09:43 AM

Wow!!! He is awesome already, Man he gonna be another great one!

hollywood
12-23-2010, 09:45 AM
He is an amazing athlete. I just hope that Texas can get the QB situation figured out. It would be ashamed if Jaxon did not have someone consistent enough to get him the ball. His brother was blessed with Colt McCoy.

I'm truly a Texas supporter and have been most of my life. A lot of things going on in Austin right now and I hope they find the right coaches soon.

Gilbert has struggled and was under huge amounts of pressure. Give him that.

McCoy has proved to be a gamer and needs a little more beef on his bones before stepping out with the big boys but I think he is going to be special and compete for the starting job next season.

Wood was red shirted intentionally as part of their plan to keep him and will be competing for the starting job next season as well.

But, if I see Jaxon going anywhere else and decided to change his verbal, TCU would be the place... I would hope. Casey Pachall throwing to Jaxon next year in the Big East would be fun to watch! TCU is building a great program and getting great recruits.

2011 is going to be very interesting to say the least.

slpybear the bullfan
12-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
if I was a betting man I would say Connor Wood will be throwing him the ball.

Bingo.

I have nothing against Gilbert. And I think Case is a tad bit overhyped. Smart money goes on Wood after a head to head contest in the spring.

CenTexSports
12-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Jaxon is probably good but to say that he is better than Jordon is the height of (I want to say stupidity) hype. How can someone in high school compare to a player that has already played a career in college at a championship level and is now a rookie starter playing between two of the best receivers in pro football.

Good luck to Jaxon and I hope he matches his brother's career but I doubt he can exceed it.

hollywood
12-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Jaxon is probably good but to say that he is better than Jordon is the height of (I want to say stupidity) hype. How can someone in high school compare to a player that has already played a career in college at a championship level and is now a rookie starter playing between two of the best receivers in pro football.

Good luck to Jaxon and I hope he matches his brother's career but I doubt he can exceed it.

On the other hand, how could one doubt that he could exceed it? It's the unknown that makes it interesting. His father thinks that he has the athletic edge and even Jordan himself says that little brother is more talented. Many variables that could happen in the next 4-5 years, but I think if all goes well, Jaxon will be playing on Sundays in about 4-5 years, no question.

bwdlionfan
12-23-2010, 12:45 PM

People aren't saying Jaxon now is better than Jordan now. People are saying Jaxon now is better than Jordan then (when he was in high school)

gomeangreen
12-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I have seen both in HS play--both were incredible--i just hope somebody at UT can get JAX the ball

LionFan72
12-23-2010, 01:39 PM

If you haven't seen the kid play, then don't offer comment! Jugheaded Haters! He is the best receiver in Texas High School football. Believe it, watch it, grasp it, and is a really super kid off field as well. Barring serious injury, he will be playing on Sundays.

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
If you haven't seen the kid play, then don't offer comment! Jugheaded Haters! He is the best receiver in Texas High School football. Believe it, watch it, grasp it, and is a really super kid off field as well. Barring serious injury, he will be playing on Sundays.

How was he being a hater? I think he thought people were saying Jax is better than Jordan RIGHT NOW which NO ONE would say..he is better that Jordan was at the same point coming out of HS

coach
12-23-2010, 02:20 PM
i will say this...JAX right now has better hands than jordan ever thought of having...i dont care if he is in the nfl and and holds records at texas and all that nonsense...Jaxon Shipley has better hands than Jordan does PERIOD

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 02:24 PM
i will say this...JAX right now has better hands than jordan ever thought of having...i dont care if he is in the nfl and and holds records at texas and all that nonsense...Jaxon Shipley has better hands than Jordan does PERIOD

It's really fun watching him. It's pretty cool in warm ups watching him goofing around catching to one handed behind his head. The first time I saw it, I thought he would have to of had glue on his hands.

It was very seldom you would ever see him catch the ball with his body. It was always with his hands out front.

coach
12-23-2010, 02:26 PM
It's really fun watching him. It's pretty cool in warm ups watching him goofing around catching to one handed behind his head. The first time I saw it, I thought he would have to of had glue on his hands.

It was very seldom you would ever see him catch the ball with his body. It was always with his hands out front.

thats what i love about hhim...catching the ball with your hands...now most pros catch it with their body and it drives me crazy when i see them drop a pass bc it bounces off their shoulder pads

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 02:44 PM
thats what i love about hhim...catching the ball with your hands...now most pros catch it with their body and it drives me crazy when i see them drop a pass bc it bounces off their shoulder pads

Whats worse is they watch it come into their body, while the defender reaches in and gets just enough of it to deflect it. All it took was reaching your hands 18" out in front and the defender dosn't get to it.

He is also very good and coming back to the ball instead of sitting back. Many of his long plays were from circling back and taking off.

coach
12-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Whats worse is they watch it come into their body, while the defender reaches in and gets just enough of it to deflect it. All it took was reaching your hands 18" out in front and the defender dosn't get to it.

He is also very good and coming back to the ball instead of sitting back. Many of his long plays were from circling back and taking off.

he looks like miles austin whe he runs routes

CenTexSports
12-23-2010, 04:12 PM
All of this about Jaxon is EXACTLY the same thing that was being posted by Burnet folks when Jordon was in high school. Go back and read the threads.

I am sure that Jaxon is very good but I think those that extoll his virtures may do him more harm than good. There are a lot more grown men out there that were can't miss that missed than there are that actually made it.

I wish only good things for Jaxon and all the other great players but BW folks are being really silly. I can't blame ya'll though because I played against you in the 60's and early 70's and the people then were the same (except they won the state championship then).

bwdlionfan
12-23-2010, 04:31 PM
All of this about Jaxon is EXACTLY the same thing that was being posted by Burnet folks when Jordon was in high school. Go back and read the threads.

Txbroadcaster and Coach aren't from Bwood

CenTexSports
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM
What's your point?

coach
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM

I am sure that Jaxon is very good but I think those that extoll his virtures may do him more harm than good. There are a lot more grown men out there that were can't miss that missed than there are that actually made it.

I wish only good things for Jaxon and all the other great players but BW folks are being really silly. I can't blame ya'll though because I played against you in the 60's and early 70's and the people then were the same (except they won the state championship then).

and with that post here comes another crapstorm from bwood posters who will get their panties in a wad

ccmom
12-23-2010, 04:38 PM

I can't even find on this thread where anybody said anything about him being better than Jordan until your post about it? :confused: Did I miss it?

Are you talking about another Brownwood thread? Heaven knows there is no shortage of those. :rolleyes:

CenTexSports
12-23-2010, 05:07 PM
The post by coach and I guess I was just combining all the times it was posted before.

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 05:15 PM
I am not from Bwood and I saw both Jordan and Jax as Soph, and Srs and I will say what BOB SHIPLEY said to me in the pre game interview before All Saints

Jaxon is a better all around WR at this point..Part of that is because Jordan teaching him so much as Jordan progressed thru his college growth.

Jordan IMO was a little faster/quicker..Jaxon better route runner and the better hands...I also think Jaxon is a little bit stronger

eagleqb_14
12-23-2010, 05:35 PM
wow i didnt say i didnt beleve you

coach
12-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
wow i didnt say i didnt beleve you

um yea you did...

BEAST
12-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am not from Bwood and I saw both Jordan and Jax as Soph, and Srs and I will say what BOB SHIPLEY said to me in the pre game interview before All Saints

Jaxon is a better all around WR at this point..Part of that is because Jordan teaching him so much as Jordan progressed thru his college growth.

Jordan IMO was a little faster/quicker..Jaxon better route runner and the better hands...I also think Jaxon is a little bit stronger

Agreed. But, I can tell you from track times Jaxon is a tad faster. But barely. Jordan may have been faster in pads. Idk.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Agreed. But, I can tell you from track times Jaxon is a tad faster. But barely. Jordan may have been faster in pads. Idk.

BEAST

that was why I did it faster/quicker..IMO Jordan's cuts were so friggin quick that you never saw the plant foot it was just boom he is in the route

Rocket
12-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I remember talking to Shay Ratliff after the Brownwood-Wylie game in 2008. Shay was a recruiter for ACU and first cousin of both of the Shipley's as for mentioned. His opinion then was that Jaxon was better and had better tools compared to Jordan at the same time and that he would be better. The craziest thing about that conversation was we never dreamed Jax would be a Brownwood Lion, and I believe that was the same night Jax and Coppell gave SLC their first district loss in a long time.

Crazy how things work out...

garciap77
12-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I remember talking to Shay Ratliff after the Brownwood-Wylie game in 2008. Shay was a recruiter for ACU and first cousin of both of the Shipley's as for mentioned. His opinion then was that Jaxon was better and had better tools compared to Jordan at the same time and that he would be better. The craziest thing about that conversation was we never dreamed Jax would be a Brownwood Lion, and I believe that was the same night Jax and Coppell gave SLC their first district loss in a long time.

Well I don't care you say! I know I'm faster than bobcat1 and I'm from West Texas!:D

;)

Rocket
12-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Well I don't what you say! I know I'm faster than bobcat1 and I'm from West Texas!:D

;)

Bow to me, Garcia. Lol
I hope you have a Merry Christmas, buddy.

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 09:45 PM

We broadcast a Coppell game back then and I asked Coach Ship if he was using his son..he said aww a little, not to much cause he is still working his way into the rotation

Jaxon only had 3 catches..of course it was for like 130 and 2 TDS or something like that LOL

Rocket
12-23-2010, 10:09 PM
We broadcast a Coppell game back then and I asked Coach Ship if he was using his son..he said aww a little, not to much cause he is still working his way into the rotation

Jaxon only had 3 catches..of course it was for like 130 and 2 TDS or something like that LOL

Haha classic...

I'm not saying Jaxon is better than Jordan. Jax has a lot to do before he can be seen as such. But those that are closest to the 2 will say Jax will be better, and this season we saw just a glimmer of that being very true.

garciap77
12-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Bow to me, Garcia. Lol
I hope you have a Merry Christmas, buddy.

You better get your gear ready because the Mighty Bulldogs are going to rock you silly! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/TV_and_Movies/garfield3.gif P.S. That's as close as I can get to a Lion, but who cares; Lions - Tigers same thing!:D

;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/xmas11-merry-christmas-xmas-christmas-smiley-emoticon-000331-large.gif

bwdlionfan
12-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Well I don't care you say! I know I'm faster than bobcat1 and I'm from West Texas!:D

;)

:D

Cameron Crazy
12-23-2010, 11:29 PM
There are some big rumors around that Jaxon might be headed to TCU.

Txbroadcaster
12-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

I think that is alot of people who are HOPING he would do that...He is still commited to Texas 100%

Tejastrue
12-23-2010, 11:37 PM

Makes you excited about seeing him in the next level. :cool:

DDBooger
12-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Makes you excited about seeing him in the next level. :cool: Him and Malcom Brown should be fun to watch for UT fans.

Rocket
12-23-2010, 11:59 PM

Your username is accurate. Lol

Tejastrue
12-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Him and Malcom Brown should be fun to watch for UT fans.

Absolutely. It would be nice to get the foul taste of this season rinsed away asap!!:D

garciap77
12-24-2010, 12:04 AM

You mean ACU!:D Him and McCoy is what I heard at the Whataburger in Early!:D

;)

Old Dog
12-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Like to add another aspect to the Jaxon/Jordan saga. No matter who you root for and support, one thing is for sure; they are both extremely good.

Me and my fellow Burnet-ies and you Brownwood supporters got to witness these two young men play some of the grandest high school football to be seen. I consider myself very lucky indeed to have witnessed Jordan. Just wish I could have seen Jaxon more. Not only are they fabulous athletes, but fine young men and a credit to their family.