PDA

View Full Version : Okay, enough is enough!

sinton66
12-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Let's stop all the Brownwood bashing. Yes, I'm aware that a few of their posters brought this upon themselves, but some of you are taking it too far. There is no need to bash players, coaches, or the community. Brownwood lost in the playoffs, so lets all get over it and move on.

This is frankly starting to give me tired head. Move on folks.

coach
12-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Let's stop all the Brownwood bashing. Yes, I'm aware that a few of their posters brought this upon themselves, but some of you are taking it too far. There is no need to bash players, coaches, or the community. Brownwood lost in the playoffs, so lets all get over it and move on.

i apologize if you feel like i was bashing. i really wasn't all i really wanted to do was talk about all the great games i went to and ppl ran with one thing i said in the post. i pointed out a negative aspect of the kids game which is not against the rules. im sorry for bashing or whatever yall want to call it. i really am. and i hope he has a great career and i look forward to see him on saturdays

sinton66
12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by coach
i apologize if you feel like i was bashing. i really wasn't all i really wanted to do was talk about all the great games i went to and ppl ran with one thing i said in the post. i pointed out a negative aspect of the kids game which is not against the rules. im sorry for bashing or whatever yall want to call it. i really am. and i hope he has a great career and i look forward to see him on saturdays

This wasn't exactly meant for you. It's not always the person who starts the threads, but also the directions others take the threads. This is NOT what this board is about, so let's just move on please.

coach
12-22-2010, 08:24 PM
This wasn't exactly meant for you. It's not always the person who starts the threads, but also the directions others take the threads. This is NOT what this board is about, so let's just move on please.

ok. so while i have your attention can we do a player of the year and call it the Reggie Garret award and have a sportsmanship award and name it after LE DAD?

sinton66
12-22-2010, 08:25 PM
After the Holidays. I'm on vacation.:D

coach
12-22-2010, 08:26 PM
After the Holidays. I'm on vacation.:D

what!?! mods dont take vacations

garciap77
12-22-2010, 08:33 PM

He is not a mod!:D He is bigger than a mod!:D

I wish I would have know he was on vacation!:o

Cowboy_Up
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM

Ban me if you want but IMO they have it coming,
All year you allowed them to trash teams and players here and now everyone is supposed to back off?

Double standard. Dish it, then be man enough to take it.

garciap77
12-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
All year you allowed them to trash teams and players here and now everyone is supposed to back off?

You are correct! So, why not go after those individuals and leave the innocent bystanders out of it.

SintonFan
12-22-2010, 08:54 PM

ehh...:rolleyes:

I know what you are talking about... BUT,
take it out on those who affected you. Not one of the owners here.

No one allowed anyone to talk trash here THIS YEAR.
IT happens EVERY year. *sigh*

Tejastrue
12-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Son, you're teasin' the gorilla in the monkey house.:D

Cowboy_Up
12-22-2010, 09:06 PM
No I don't think so.
Mods allowed Rocket and crew to run roughshod over all comers.

They were so full of themselves and so ready to trash opponents, Rocket or not, it wasn't that funny.

Tejastrue
12-22-2010, 09:23 PM
No I don't think so.
Mods allowed Rocket and crew to run roughshod over all comers.

They were so full of themselves and so ready to trash opponents, Rocket or not, it wasn't that funny.

I thought it was hilarious. It worked both ways. Some of it was extreme, but overall harmless. :thinking:

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Guess someone from BW is contacting the owner and complaining now that the tables are turned. Dunno.

BEAST
12-22-2010, 09:30 PM

I agree with Cowboy. Keep kids out of the bashing. But hit me and Rocket all you want. It's fun. Keeps the board jumping.

BEAST

garciap77
12-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Guess someone from BW is contacting the owner and complaining now that the tables are turned. Dunno.

No, it was not someone from Brownwood. IT WAS ME. I have a problem with posters bashing innocent bystanders. If you want to go after, "Rocket and crew", as another poster stated, then by all means go after them, I have not problems with that.

Rocket
12-22-2010, 09:43 PM
There isn't a person on this board that can match wits to the point of shutting me and my posse up. That's why 66 is so tired of it. Carry on...

BEAST
12-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
No, it was not someone from Brownwood. IT WAS ME. I have a problem with posters bashing innocent bystanders. If you want to go after, "Rocket and crew", as another poster stated, then by all means go after them, I have not problems with that.

Garcia, you are now going to be associated with the HATED Brownwood folks. Not to worry, other than 1 week a year, we will have your back.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by Rocket
There isn't a person on this board that can match wits to the point of shutting me and my posse up. That's why 66 is so tired of it. Carry on...

Oh......but I CAN shut you up!!:devil: :devil:

OldBison75
If you want to pick on the poster(s) that offended you, go for it as long as it lasts. Don't attack the coach, a player individually, or anyone but the poster by name.

The thing that sems so hard for anyone to realize is that many of us got tired of certain posters and want to get back at them. However, there is a big difference in supporting your team with gusto and attacking the opposition. The facts are that many Brownwood posters felt their team would win an undefeated SC and they found out that life sometimes ain't what they hope for. Carthage beat them fair and square--no injury, no ref calls, and no amount of excuses is gonna change that.

High school football fans can be the most obnoxious people on the face of the earth. If they support your team, they cannot be wrong, if they represent the opposition, they are the enemy. That is the way it is. AND, I guarantee you that very few of the enemy ever take back what they say on an anonymus tablet. I remember in past years reading some pretty wild comments about games from fans from other teams. I suspect that if they had represented your team that had lost in a big game, you would be a little less likely to want the bad guys called out a million times.

Rocket and several other Brownwood posters have given Carthage congratulations and some have even said that they expected thier team to win and were basically proven wrong. Just because they only show disappointment for losing and won't say that their team was inferior or over-rated, only proves to me that they are true fans for the Brownwood Lions.

Attack if you want, and you may make a point and feel better. However, at some point, the rest of the board is gonna thin you are not any better than the Rocket you feel you need to attack. REMEMBER, the lesson we teach our kids is to win with dignity and lose with honor. Let's try to live that way on this forum too.

Cowboy_Up
12-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Your taking this way too serious.

garciap77
12-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
If you want to pick on the poster(s) that offended you, go for it as long as it lasts. Don't attack the coach, a player individually, or anyone but the poster by name.

The thing that sems so hard for anyone to realize is that many of us got tired of certain posters and want to get back at them. However, there is a big difference in supporting your team with gusto and attacking the opposition. The facts are that many Brownwood posters felt their team would win an undefeated SC and they found out that life sometimes ain't what they hope for. Carthage beat them fair and square--no injury, no ref calls, and no amount of excuses is gonna change that.

High school football fans can be the most obnoxious people on the face of the earth. If they support your team, they cannot be wrong, if they represent the opposition, they are the enemy. That is the way it is. AND, I guarantee you that very few of the enemy ever take back what they say on an anonymus tablet. I remember in past years reading some pretty wild comments about games from fans from other teams. I suspect that if they had represented your team that had lost in a big game, you would be a little less likely to want the bad guys called out a million times.

Rocket and several other Brownwood posters have given Carthage congratulations and some have even said that they expected thier team to win and were basically proven wrong. Just because they only show disappointment for losing and won't say that their team was inferior or over-rated, only proves to me that they are true fans for the Brownwood Lions.

Attack if you want, and you may make a point and feel better. However, at some point, the rest of the board is gonna thin you are not any better than the Rocket you feel you need to attack. REMEMBER, the lesson we teach our kids is to win with dignity and lose with honor. Let's try to live that way on this forum too.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-22-2010, 09:54 PM

Great post. Agreed.

garciap77
12-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Only when posters start talking about whole communities, players, coaches, posters wives, instead of the poster or posters who they are going after; then I think it's going over the top.

Rocket
12-22-2010, 10:05 PM
I love me some OldBison75. Awesome.

OldBison75
12-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Garcia, you are exactly correct.

Two years ago my Rattlers felt that they could go toe to toe with the Liberty Hill teams in the quarterfinals. There wasa lot of talk, bragging and even some bravado from posters on both sides. Liberty Hill whipped our buttsfair and square and after the game their players and coaches were the epitomy of class, talking with our guys and lots of pats on the back and friendlytalk. The LHfans were equally classy and I believe the Navasota posters were as classy as possible in that situation.

Last year it was Gilmer, and we all know how obnoxious some buckeye posters can be when they are winning. Well, they won in a hard fought game and after the game ended, several fans from Gilmer stood near where our team left the field and cheered for them and offered congratulations on a great game. On this board, the majority of the after game comments were outstandingly supportive of the Rattler team and effort. There was a couple of I told you so's, but they were deserved since the pre-game banter was pretty intense.

The class and dignity of those two teams in winning was very impressive and that feeling was posted on this board by me. I also saw that kind of class by the Brownwood players and fans at the game. Plus, the speech by Shipley to his team after the game is as classy as it gets.

The kids play the game as a team, the coaches are a unit, and the family members of either group are fans like us, leave them out of the banter.

oldtownag
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM

Maybe we could give some examples of acceptable post to help everyone?

Ex. 1: Rocket, your football knowledge is only exceeded by your prognostication skill!

Ex. 2: Rocket, Carthage just called and said good luck with Basketball!

OldBison75
12-22-2010, 10:14 PM
The thing is, Rocket still believes his team would win that game 6 out of ten times. That will neverchange no matter what we say.

My comment to Rocket would be:

Dude, what are you gonna talk about now that Brownwood lost--and--can I have a picture of you wearing a Red t-shirt that proclaims Carthage as State Champs.

I bet we could get one sent to him if he would wear it in a photo that was posted on this forum. I just hope the people of Carthage won't put out a contract on me for suggesting Rocket wear anything that says Carrthage on it.

garciap77
12-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Maybe we could give some examples of acceptable post to help everyone?

Ex. 1: Rocket, your football knowledge is only exceeded by your prognostication skill!

Ex. 2: Rocket, Carthage just called and said good luck with Basketball!

LOL

P.S. I like you sign! I wonder how it would look like with 4 in a row!:)

oldtownag
12-22-2010, 10:16 PM
No one in NM or wherever he lives has ever heard of Carthage in all probability. He might make that shirt a "favorite" and wear it every week.

garciap77
12-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
No one in NM or wherever he lives has ever heard of Carthage in all probability. He might make that shirt a "favorite" and wear it every week.

What makes you think he is not wearing one now!:D

;)

ccmom
12-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I agree with Cowboy. Keep kids out of the bashing. But hit me and Rocket all you want. It's fun. Keeps the board jumping.

BEAST We get to hit y'all?!?!:thinking:

Me first! I called it!!! :devil: :D

OldBison75
12-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah, but think of how many times over the next year that photo would be posted to remind him of this year. Not rude, not attacking, but memory enhancing.I wouldnot care if he ever wore it after the phot was posted ana available to all of us.

I also bet he would do that if challenged.

BEAST
12-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Only when posters start talking about whole communities, players, coaches, posters wives, instead of the poster or posters who they are going after; then I think it's going over the top.

Exactly. The wife that was dumped on survived brain surgery a year ago. He's lucky I didn't lose it. Attack me all you want.

BEAST

BEAST
12-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah, but think of how many times over the next year that photo would be posted to remind him of this year. Not rude, not attacking, but memory enhancing.I wouldnot care if he ever wore it after the phot was posted ana available to all of us.

I also bet he would do that if challenged.

I can almost promise you he'd do it. He's a smack talker but he's the best sport on the board.

BEAST

Tejastrue
12-22-2010, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OldBison75
[B]The thing is, Rocket still believes his team would win that game 6 out of ten times. That will neverchange no matter what we say.

If it was my team, I'd feel the same way.;)

garciap77
12-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Garcia, you are now going to be associated with the HATED Brownwood folks. Not to worry, other than 1 week a year, we will have your back.

BEAST

I don't think so, but thanks anyway! I did not say anything about them going after you and Rocket, you guys are free game! LOL

garciap77
12-22-2010, 10:28 PM
I can almost promise you he'd do it. He's a smack talker but he's the best sport on the board.

BEAST

:2thumbsup

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketsShirt-3.gif

;)

OldBison75
12-22-2010, 10:34 PM
I love me some OldBison75. Awesome.

Rocket dude, I am gonna tell you like my Dad used to tell me-- "I love you too, but some days I just don't like you".

wimbo_pro
12-22-2010, 10:35 PM

BEAST

WHAT?? You?? of all people say THAT? OMG...Sinton66 is right...we should just drop it before the God's of Hypocrisy cast fire and brimstone onto the earth, burning us to hell.

Need I go back and quote your comments about the problems one of our student/players has had recently? Your unprovoked comments about a STUDENT?

You are truly a study in hypocrisy. Truly.

Rocket
12-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
WHAT?? You?? of all people say THAT? OMG...Sinton66 is right...we should just drop it before the God's of Hypocrisy cast fire and brimstone onto the earth, burning us to hell.

Need I go back and quote your comments about the problems one of our student/players has had recently? Your unprovoked comments about a STUDENT?

You are a hypocrite.

wimbo_pro
12-22-2010, 10:44 PM
You are a hypocrite.

I have NEVER said anything about any one of your players. I have NEVER said anything but compliments about your coach (go back and see the thread I started complimenting him). I have NEVER said anything derrogatory about your town (other than you guys have more traffic lights on one intersection that we have in our entire town). You and BEAST, however, have attacked kids and their issues here ALL YEAR, and more importantly to me...you have attacked a particular kid right here in Wimberley recently. You know it's true. We all know its true.

I have attacked you and BEAST, as you have said is fair game. NEVER the town or the fans or the kids. But you two...well...you two got your come uppance and now cry like little girls. Too bad. Waaaa.

By the way, I agree comments of family is out-of-bounds too.

bobcat1
12-22-2010, 10:49 PM
I have NEVER said anything about any one of your players. I have NEVER said anything but compliments about your coach (go back and see the thread I started complimenting him). I have NEVER said anything derrogatory about your town (other than you guys have more traffic lights on one intersection that we have in our entire town). You and BREAST, however, have attacked kids and their issues here ALL YEAR, and more importantly to me...you have attacked a particular kid right here in Wimberley recently. You know it's true. We all know its true.

I have attacked you and BREAST, as you have said is fair game. NEVER the town or the fans or the kids. But you two...well...you two got your come uppance and now cry like little girls. Too bad. Waaaa.

By the way, I agree comments of family is out-of-bounds too. *Queue up Dahop and Garcia's sign here* (SUW)

zebrablue2
12-22-2010, 10:50 PM
You are a hypocrite.

This is where it stops! Read rules 1-3-5, take a deep breath, and if you cannot post without saying something good, keep the fingers off the keys! All know who you are. At the end of the day, we are all on the same team, pulling for our kids and our towns, so lets give thanks as we approach the best time of the year..

Rocket
12-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Lol he can call me one but I can't call him one?

Tejastrue
12-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Well, if you're gonna do something wrong, do it right!

orange machine
12-22-2010, 10:55 PM
:1popcorn:

zebrablue2
12-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
This is where it stops! Read rules 1-3-5, take a deep breath, and if you cannot post without saying something good, keep the fingers off the keys! All know who you are. At the end of the day, we are all on the same team, pulling for our kids and our towns, so lets give thanks as we approach the best time of the year..

I said and I quote(All know who you are). Come on guys, lets be men here!!

garciap77
12-22-2010, 10:58 PM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii261/funkbutter/graphics/0Christmas/christmas_baby_jesus.gif

BaseballUmp
12-22-2010, 10:59 PM

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b428/ijamesheia_2010/FLOCKA.jpg

Waka Flocka Flame agrees...

orange machine
12-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I said and I quote(All know who you are). Come on guys, lets be men here!!

Yeah right that was lost many years ago for some.:eek:

Tejastrue
12-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b428/ijamesheia_2010/FLOCKA.jpg

Waka Flocka Flame agrees...

That's encouraging!!:D :D

BaseballUmp
12-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Notice the sticker on the hat...:D

Looking4number8
12-22-2010, 11:04 PM

You are a class act my friend

bobcat4life
12-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Lol he can call me one but I can't call him one? SHUTUP RODNEY!!!!

Looking4number8
12-22-2010, 11:06 PM

and you need to make up your mind....

SintonFan
12-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Never seen this shtuff before...
oh right!
It happens almost every year.

Live and let live...:)

LIONS#1
12-22-2010, 11:24 PM

I think Sinton66 is talking to you as well!!!:rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
12-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
I think Sinton66 is talking to you as well!!!:rolleyes:

I know that. And it is dropped.

LoboesWT
12-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Wow, enough is enough :1popcorn:! Can't wait for what is next though! Ding ding round 1000

I_DONT_CARE
12-23-2010, 07:34 AM
:( I DID NOT EVEN GET STARTED. :rolleyes:

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
:( I DID NOT EVEN GET STARTED. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't care.

RoyceTTU
12-23-2010, 08:31 AM

Get 'em buddy!!!!

GrTigers6
12-23-2010, 08:31 AM
MY opinion, Brownwood was not overated. Carthage was not underrated. It was my opinion that carthage was the only team that could give the lions a challenge. And It was correct. There was a reason Brownwood was #1 and Carthage was #2. Carthage had lost.
Now on that note, The game ended like i expected, except the last play was incomplete. I figured the team with the ball last would win it. But they came up a few yards short of beating a state championship team, so there is not a whole lot of false claims that occured. Yeah I know that a few posters said there was no way they would lose. Thats just showing confidence in their team. If we all a team like Brownwood and Carthage we all would have been just as supportive, and you know it. So lets go back to having fun.
Why cant we all just get along? :D

Looking4number8
12-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
MY opinion, Brownwood was not overated. Carthage was not underrated. It was my opinion that carthage was the only team that could give the lions a challenge. And It was correct. There was a reason Brownwood was #1 and Carthage was #2. Carthage had lost.
Now on that note, The game ended like i expected, except the last play was incomplete. I figured the team with the ball last would win it. But they came up a few yards short of beating a state championship team, so there is not a whole lot of false claims that occured. Yeah I know that a few posters said there was no way they would lose. Thats just showing confidence in their team. If we all a team like Brownwood and Carthage we all would have been just as supportive, and you know it. So lets go back to having fun.

garciap77
12-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/group_dance.gif

:D

LH_Tuff
12-23-2010, 09:13 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/group_dance.gif

:D

OK. Now I'm dizzy. :D

pirate4state
12-23-2010, 10:15 AM
:bigcry: :weeping: :bigcry: :weeping:

Where is bocephus when you need him???

Get some freakin' 2x4s, build a bridge and
GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!!

DDBooger
12-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:bigcry: :weeping: :bigcry: :weeping:

Where is bocephus when you need him???

Get some freakin' 2x4s, build a bridge and
GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!! Mean Girl is owning.

garciap77
12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Mean Girl is owning.

Bring out the BIG GUNS!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/thpirateshipsmilies.gif

:)