PDA

View Full Version : Trinity/Pearland draws a 2.6 rating

Emerson1
12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Heard this on The Fan. 2.6 rating means 660,000+ watched the game in the Dallas market. This was double the rating of Texas/UNC.

I'll try to see what the other games pulled later.

waterboy
12-22-2010, 05:39 PM
The ratings just goes to prove that high school football in Texas is KING! With ratings like these how do you not televise as many games as you can. Work it out, people! We want ALL state championship games from 1A to 5A to be shown LIVE! GET IT DONE!!! Don't hose the 3A Division I title game next year, either!

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
The ratings just goes to prove that high school football in Texas is KING! With ratings like these how do you not televise as many games as you can. Work it out, people! We want ALL state championship games from 1A to 5A to be shown LIVE! GET IT DONE!!! Don't hose the 3A Division I title game next year, either!

Totally agree. And, have them all under the same roof too. Use Thursday and 9AM Fri/Sat if need be. They will come, I promise you.

Ernest T Bass
12-22-2010, 08:00 PM
High school football is becoming big business. Not sure if that's good or bad.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
High school football is becoming big business. Not sure if that's good or bad.

It's good "IF" the schools get in on the $$$.

Ernest T Bass
12-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, money usually messes things up. Maybe we can keep this pure, though.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, money usually messes things up. Maybe we can keep this pure, though.

UIL does things for the money only. You might be right Ernest. Hope the schools playing, and drawing the crowd---get some of it for their programs from the UIL.

Ernest T Bass
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
UIL has to make money, otherwise is ceases to exist. Take a look at other states and you'll be singing the praises of the UIL.
But, take a look at the NCAA and see what happens when tons of money gets involved.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Just give the schools a portion is all I'm saying. They are why the games are well attended, drawing the money. Some of these schools, could use it for their programs I'm sure.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 08:35 PM
you'll be singing the praises of the UIL.

Not sure I'll go that far as a TASO football official. But, they did put on a good state weekend. I will give them that.

Ernest T Bass
12-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Schools do get the majority of the money. Just like in the NCAA. Most high schools don't make any profit from athletics, but they're still getting most of the money.
Not that big of a deal when you're barely breaking even. But when you start talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars in the black, to a public school that's big money. Just ask SMU what big money can do to noble intentions.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Schools do get the majority of the money.

Schools as in, "the general fund of all Texas HS" or those that participated in the state games?

Yoe_09
12-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

I agree. If they go ahead and put all the games in 1 location they should just televise them all.

Ernest T Bass
12-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Schools as in, "the general fund of all Texas HS" or those that participated in the state games?

Every game Ive ever coached in, the school district gets what's left of the gate after all expenses. At Cowboys Stadium, I believe Jerry gets a flat fee for stadium usage, 100% of the parking and concessions, and then the schools get what's left of the gate after y'all are paid.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Just curious, what about TV money? Who get's that, if anyone?

Ernest T Bass
12-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Just curious, what about TV money? Who get's that, if anyone?

That's a good question. Ive only been involved in a handful of those. I would assume it goes to the school districts. I just know I hate'em b/c of the TV time outs.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 09:20 PM
That's a good question. Ive only been involved in a handful of those. I would assume it goes to the school districts. I just know I hate'em b/c of the TV time outs.

I agree. We finally got to see why they try to speed up college and pro games now.

If this thing blossoms like I think it will, teams need some of that TV money. Hell, they sold alot of ad's during these telecast and made a killing at the kid's expense.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Bet ESPN would even like a chance to bid on our state championship TV rights. Especially after they seen this TV rating. Your right, the sky is the limit here. I just hope the schools get the money directly for their programs.

mwynn05
12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
ETB.... I believe you're right except for 1 thing... UIL gets i think 15% of the gate from every playoff game and the rest goes to the schools.... they also get 15% of the tv revenue if the game is on tv

defense51
12-23-2010, 04:26 PM
UIL has to make money, otherwise is ceases to exist. Take a look at other states and you'll be singing the praises of the UIL.
But, take a look at the NCAA and see what happens when tons of money gets involved. :clap: