PDA

View Full Version : East Texas Speed

buckeyebob
12-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Well, the East Texas Speed was overated again.

Just to recap: East Texas won 3 state titles (3A Dominance - The District of Doom), Metroplex: 1(Aledo), Houston: 1(Pearland), Austin: 1(Lake Travis), San Antonio: 1(Steele), West Texas: 1(Idalou), Central Texas: 1(Mart), South Texas: 1(Falls City).

Maybe next year, we can do better.

waterboy
12-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Yep. It was a "down" year for East Texas. We only brought home 3 titles.....:thinking: East Texas brought home 4 titles last year out of 5 tries in the finals.:clap: Oh well, next year we will just have to try a little harder!:D

Farmersfan
12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yep. It was a "down" year for East Texas. We only brought home 3 titles.....:thinking: East Texas brought home 4 titles last year out of 5 tries in the finals.:clap: Oh well, next year we will just have to try a little harder!:D

I find it amazing that the "White Boys" in East Texas are faster than the "White Boys" in West Texas!!!!! WAIT!!! They aren't!
So how is East Texas always faster than the rest of the state??????????? I wonder???? :D :D ;)

Merry Christmas Waterboy!

N4SIR
12-21-2010, 10:10 AM
The fastest "white boy" I saw all year was Jaxon Shipley and I believe Brownwood is considered West Texas, so I'm not sure what your talking about Farmersfan. There is no denying that teams from the East Texas area have dominated over the past few years. Get use to it.

waterboy
12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I find it amazing that the "White Boys" in East Texas are faster than the "White Boys" in West Texas!!!!! WAIT!!! They aren't!
So how is East Texas always faster than the rest of the state??????????? I wonder???? :D :D ;)

Merry Christmas Waterboy!
:mad: Hey! Over here in the Piney Woods, our boys can't see as far as those fellers out there in West Texas! They don't have as much time to react to critters chasing them in the woods, so they have to be faster! In West Texas you can see them further away so you don't have to be as fast! OK? That explains it........;)

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, too!:p

Bullaholic
12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
You guys have been "Smoakin".....:D

waterboy
12-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You guys have been "Smoakin".....:D
:D Hey, it's JUST a rumor. I don't know where it started, but I'm not buying it. Overall, there may "some" validity to the rumor, but not always.;)

Old LB
12-21-2010, 10:45 AM
East Texas speed has a whole lot to do with East Texas linemen. I think I could have run through some of those holes myself. :D

Farmersfan
12-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
The fastest "white boy" I saw all year was Jaxon Shipley and I believe Brownwood is considered West Texas, so I'm not sure what your talking about Farmersfan. There is no denying that teams from the East Texas area have dominated over the past few years. Get use to it.

All I can say N4SIR is READ IT AGAIN!!!!

Farmersfan
12-21-2010, 10:49 AM
:mad: Hey! Over here in the Piney Woods, our boys can't see as far as those fellers out there in West Texas! They don't have as much time to react to critters chasing them in the woods, so they have to be faster! In West Texas you can see them further away so you don't have to be as fast! OK? That explains it........;)

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, too!:p

Hey, I grew up in West Texas! We didn't have woods but we had dust storms!!!!! Every try to outrun a Lynx in a dust storm????? DIDN"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!! :D

waterboy
12-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Hey, I grew up in West Texas! We didn't have woods but we had dust storms!!!!! Every try to outrun a Lynx in a dust storm????? DIDN"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!! :D
Ever try to outrun a pack of wolves, or a bobcat, in the woods with underbrush, briars, trees, bushes, creeks, and stumps as obstacles along the way? I didn't think so!:D

Bullaholic
12-21-2010, 10:52 AM
No question East Texas has done better than anyone else over the last few years, particuliarly Carthage. How many East Texas teams have got 7 or 8 rings?

Bullaholic
12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Aw come on---I'm not trying to pick a fight---I am seriously just askin'...

RoyceTTU
12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
SUPRISE!!!! SMILE WHILE YOU CAN!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/Black_Wolf67/b84c1813.jpg

Bullaholic
12-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Is that a "digital" cougar, Royce? :D

RoyceTTU
12-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Is that a "digital" cougar, Royce? :D

I don't think so, I found this on a hunting website 6 months ago. The guy had no idea until the film was developed.

waterboy
12-21-2010, 11:55 AM
None, Bull. The only one that is anywhere close to that number is Daingerfield with 5. Carthage has 3, Big Sandy 3, and Gilmer 2. How many schools state wide have that many?

Bullaholic
12-21-2010, 12:20 PM
None, Bull. The only one that is anywhere close to that number is Daingerfield with 5. Carthage has 3, Big Sandy 3, and Gilmer 2. How many schools state wide have that many?

That will probably require a WOS87 answer, waterboy. Thanks for the East Texas report---at the rate they are going there may be some 7 or better title holders in the piney woods in a few seasons.

N4SIR
12-21-2010, 12:38 PM
And don't forget Tatum with at least 2, Union Hill with 2 and Henderson with 1. God, I love living in East Texas!!!

waterboy
12-21-2010, 01:01 PM
John Tyler has two, too. There may be others with at least 2. I just can't think of them.

icu812
12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Atlanta, Chapel Hill, Van, Cayuga, John Tyler, Robert E Lee, Kilgore, LE are a few more with at least one title off the top of my head. Lots of ET teams have won state at least once. ET has a nice mix of athletes for creating great football teams.

Old LB
12-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I think what they are trying to say is everyone with more than 5 championships are from DFW and places further WEST. Yeah, I said it. :devil:

waterboy
12-21-2010, 01:10 PM
I think it's about who has titles THIS CENTURY.:devil: Yeah, I said it.:D

Old LB
12-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I think it's about who has titles THIS CENTURY.:devil: Yeah, I said it.:D

Titles NEVER die. :thinking:

garciap77
12-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Ever try to outrun a pack of wolves, or a bobcat, in the woods with underbrush, briars, trees, bushes, creeks, and stumps as obstacles along the way? I didn't think so!:D

I think I can out ran bobcat1!!!:D :D :D

;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Birthday_gifts.gif

waterboy
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

;)

I don't know.... I've heard he moves pretty fast for a big man!:D

Old LB
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

;)

No way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1libdOkGcg

Rabid Cougar
12-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
I think what they are trying to say is everyone with more than 5 championships are from DFW and places further WEST. Yeah, I said it. :devil:

Mart has 5- Central Texas!

garciap77
12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't know.... I've heard he moves pretty fast for a big man!:D

Next time I go to the mall in Frisco, I will give him a call and challenge him to a 200m ran inside the mall. Or maybe a couple of laps on the skating ring!:D http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/111.gif

garciap77
12-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
No way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1libdOkGcg

I said bobcat1!!!:D Not bobcat!:Dhttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/chomping_candy_cane_wink.gif