PDA

View Full Version : UIL Single Site Championships A Big Success

Matthew328
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1167701

sinfan75
12-20-2010, 09:25 PM
To watch 5 games from 3A to 5A in a 2 day period on national tv was a blast. Hopefully they can work things out to rotate to other venues to help out us racin fans that drive to FW twice a year anyhows.:D

YTBulldogs
12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Get them all in a domed stadium. Must say, Mansfield is a great stadium to watch a game from. The staff there, did a great job. But, your flirting with mother nature in Dec, and one year---it will be rotten weather and hate to see a state championship game being deciding in that element. Especially when it can be prevented by using all 2 of our state's 3 domed stadiums or, playing a couple game on Thursday, starting earlier on Friday and Saturday at one dome site. All could of been played at Cowboy Stadium this year IMO. Odd times, yes----but---the teams would of liked it. For sure, the one's it really would matter too, the players.

waterboy
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Yep. I like the idea of playing in JerryWorld in December. I'm just disappointed that they didn't televise the 3A Division I championship game. Henderson / Chapel Hill got hosed! I also feel that the 2A and 1A games should've been played there. If I'm not mistaken, some other states televise all of their championship games, or at least show them on a tape delay, and they are usually played at one predetermined site.

Matthew328
12-21-2010, 11:14 AM
I think next year all games will be at one spot. Who's up for an even longer weekend of football!

YTBulldogs
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yep. I like the idea of playing in JerryWorld in December. I'm just disappointed that they didn't televise the 3A Division I championship game. Henderson / Chapel Hill got hosed! I also feel that the 2A and 1A games should've been played there. If I'm not mistaken, some other states televise all of their championship games, or at least show them on a tape delay, and they are usually played at one predetermined site.

I know not many states get highlighted on ESPN though. Hat's off Texas High Schhol Football.

Old LB
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think next year all games will be at one spot. Who's up for an even longer weekend of football!

That would be great, should be in San Antonio next year though. I really enjoy San Antonio, headed there for Christmas this year. I would have to vote against Houston though, hate to drive there.

RoyceTTU
12-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
That would be great, should be in San Antonio next year though. I really enjoy San Antonio, headed there for Christmas this year. I would have to vote against Houston though, hate to drive there.

The alamo bowl with the riverwalk right there, is a pretty dang cool place to have something like that. You could park on thursday, and never get in your vehicle until Sunday A.M.

Pendragon13
12-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I totally agree that it was a huge success...I have never in my life seen that many championship games live. (televised)

On the other hand, the UIL needs to find a way to get the 3A D1 championship during the same week at least...either Thursday night or early Friday. Also, I hope the UIL doesn't get so greedy that they start raising ticket prices since it was "successful". The current prices are very reasonable even when you toss in Jerry's parking tax..

Emerson1
12-21-2010, 05:17 PM
If they extend to 3 days I wonder if they would offer any kind of three day pass or a three day parking pass?

Emerson1
12-21-2010, 05:20 PM
They were on the internet. At least FSSW was there with cameras and a crew and didn't completely scrub it out.