PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help on PS90x

GrTigers6
12-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I was told from a friend that he uses this system and it works really well. What I would like to know is, Is there anyone out there who has used it and were way out of shape as I am, or use it as a maintaining workout to stay in shape.
I hit a milestone in weight that I dont want to see again so I need something better with results and dont want to spend money on something with poor results.
I have a weight machine in the garage that I have been using the last couple weeks, but want to know if my time will be better served with the ps90x.
Any info would be helpful :ack!:

Emerson1
12-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Greatest home workout ever.

Each phase is 4 weeks. I suggest taking it easy the first week and get used to it. I usually made each phase 5 weeks(which is ok according to the book) so that you could make up for days you might miss.

Plyo is crazy, definitely gonna take awhile to get used to it.

GrTigers6
12-20-2010, 08:20 PM
How often and for how long is the workout?
Everyday. 3 times a week etc.
and how long does one workout take normally

Looking4number8
12-20-2010, 08:25 PM
its very very good but will kick your butt.... I did it for about 60 days until my granddaughter was born then never got back too it... It is worth the money

GrTigers6
12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Well mine is already born so maybe that wont slow me down. :D
One other question, Should I start with the ps90 and then work into the X? or just go ahead and get the ps90x and just take it slow?

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-20-2010, 08:41 PM
It's pretty amazing, best home workout ever made.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
How often and for how long is the workout?
Everyday. 3 times a week etc.
and how long does one workout take normally

Everyday for 1-1.5 depending what day it is.

GrTigers6
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Everyday for 1-1.5 depending what day it is. Is it critical to do it all at once or can I split it up morning and evening. because it would be hard to find an hour and a half at one time.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Is it critical to do it all at once or can I split it up morning and evening. because it would be hard to find an hour and a half at one time.

It would be better to do all at once, you do ab ripper x every other day and you could do it in the morning but it only takes about 15 minutes. Some are longer than others and the 7th day is optional stretching. If you are going to commit to doing it I'd go all in and find the time it's def worth it.

GrTigers6
12-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Sounds good, Thanks everyone for the info.
I guess if I am in better shape than I can manage to get up earlier. :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Sounds good, Thanks everyone for the info.
I guess if I am in better shape than I can manage to get up earlier. :D

lol PM me your email addy and I'll send you all the worksheets and diet guides so you can look at them.

Emerson1
12-20-2010, 11:45 PM
The only one that is 1.5 hours is the yoga part. The rest will probably take you about 70 minutes.

There are set workouts 6 days a week and 1 day where you can rest or stretch(do stretch, it's amazing)

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2010, 11:49 PM
p90x is more about toning than losing pounds..now you can tweak it to enhance the losing pounds part, but the program will even tell you that it is not about rapid weight loss, but about finishing the job by toning up

Rabid Cougar
12-21-2010, 09:13 AM
If your in it to get rid of the pounds, the eating part is the most important part.
Most exercise programs are good but they are only as good as what and how much you eat.

GrTigers6
12-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
If your in it to get rid of the pounds, the eating part is the most important part.
Most exercise programs are good but they are only as good as what and how much you eat. Well also into toning back up. Kids are getting bigger than me so I need to bulk up so I can continue to kick there butts. :D

RoyceTTU
12-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I personally did not like p90x mainly because of the weights and pull up bar it takes to complete it. I do still use kempo and Plyometrics and mix it with my current workout to break up the same routine.

I'm not sure if you have looked into it, but I really like INSANITY. It is made by the same creaters of P90x. I will tell you it is a lot harder than p90x, but is designed to reduce weight 1st, build muscle 2nd. Again I will say it is very hard but rewarding. Each workout is designed to make your body fail. For a couple of weeks your calves will feel like hell. You do not need any equipment and the workouts are shorter. Typically 45 min until you get to the 2nd month, and they are 1 - 1-15min.

Someone mentioned none of this is any good without dieting, and they are right. I would also recommend start your diet 2 weeks before you start to workout. Mainly because once you start working out, you mind and body are going to want to eat more than normal to rebuild your muscles and energy. If you start 2 weeks early, you can get rid of the non-stop hungry feeling before the workouts start.

If you are pretty far out of shape, don't jump in with 2 feet. You will feel miserable and are likely to catch a cold or something of the sorts and might not ever start back. The p90x and INSANITY workouts require 5-6 days a week of intense workouts. Start for a couple of weeks at 3 days a week and then jump in.

Also, I recommend vitamins and creatine if you are doing either. Your muscles are going to hurt, and this will ease the soreness a little and help you rebuild energy faster.

Good Luck