PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Caps and stickers

coach
12-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Why do people keep the stickers on their baseball caps?

BaseballUmp
12-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by coach

I have one on a hat I've had since last September. If I take it off now, it will be 2 toned and can't have that

slpybear the bullfan
12-21-2010, 06:10 PM

Laziness!

When I was a young kid we worked hard for our caps. Taking odd jobs, walking to town, uphill, both ways, fighting off coytoes with our bare hands.

This younger generation is just SOFT!

:D

eagles_victory
12-21-2010, 06:17 PM
I leave all my stickers on mine just because no real reason.

AP Panther Fan
12-21-2010, 06:43 PM

I have wondered the same thing. I bought someone a cap a couple of years ago (daughters boyfriend, son or somebody) and took the sticker off before wrapping it.

Let's just say I won't make that mistake again. :evil:

bigwood33
12-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I have wondered the same thing. I bought someone a cap a couple of years ago (daughters boyfriend, son or somebody) and took the sticker off before wrapping it.

Let's just say I won't make that mistake again. :evil:
I have 21 and 17 yr old sons and I won't let them leave the stickers on. They either hide some of the caps from me or they just go ahead and take them off...I don't care which because I don't have to look at them looking like idiots. To me, it is the same as never tying their shoes, pure laziness. I told them that if they want to leave the stickers on their caps they will have to leave the stickers on all of their clothes...it is the same thing.

LoboesWT
12-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Superstitious is my reason, One season we made it to State in summer Baseball on the team I was coaching. The hat had that MLB sticker on there and just became habit, but only on Baseball Caps at my house.

hollywood
12-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Because when this trend started, if you left your sticker on, it meant that you more than likely purchased it new and it wasn't second or stolen!

Especially when the cap is worn cocked sideways with the bill flattened out like grandpa wears it!!

BaseballUmp
12-21-2010, 08:33 PM
I remember one time I had just gotten a new hat and still had all the stickers on it then I went to walmart to get something and the lady at the register was like, You gonna pay for that hat too? I told her ma'am I don't believe yall sell New Era fitted hats at Walmart...

Ernest T Bass
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Especially when the cap is worn cocked sideways with the bill flattened out like grandpa wears it!!

I love to take those hats from kids and fix the bills for them.

GreenMonster
12-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I love to take those hats from kids and fix the bills for them. As the baseball coach, I take pride in ordering the ballcaps with the pre-curved bill just so I don't have any kids looking like fools out there. I also personally remove the stickers as I hand them out so that I don't have to worry about some primadonna rolling out on my field trying to look different. We also take a vote as a team as to whether we wear our pant legs up or down. No matter what the vote is we will all take the field looking the same. It's a unity thing and a respect for the game thing in my opinion. I bought new uniforms for the upcoming season and couldn't get exactly what I wanted so I compromised and bought some shorter pants than what I had intended. Because of this I already made the decision we will wear our pants up and bought new stirrups so that we will all match. No Tom Foolery gonna happen in my duggout!

bigwood33
12-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
As the baseball coach, I take pride in ordering the ballcaps with the pre-curved bill just so I don't have any kids looking like fools out there. I also personally remove the stickers as I hand them out so that I don't have to worry about some primadonna rolling out on my field trying to look different. We also take a vote as a team as to whether we wear our pant legs up or down. No matter what the vote is we will all take the field looking the same. It's a unity thing and a respect for the game thing in my opinion. I bought new uniforms for the upcoming season and couldn't get exactly what I wanted so I compromised and bought some shorter pants than what I had intended. Because of this I already made the decision we will wear our pants up and bought new stirrups so that we will all match. No Tom Foolery gonna happen in my duggout!
Thanks for taking a stand...my son could play for you anytime!

bowleghorses
12-21-2010, 10:44 PM

Cause they want to look stupid.

defense51
12-22-2010, 02:53 PM
ridiculous fad

RoyceTTU
12-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
As the baseball coach, I take pride in ordering the ballcaps with the pre-curved bill just so I don't have any kids looking like fools out there. I also personally remove the stickers as I hand them out so that I don't have to worry about some primadonna rolling out on my field trying to look different. We also take a vote as a team as to whether we wear our pant legs up or down. No matter what the vote is we will all take the field looking the same. It's a unity thing and a respect for the game thing in my opinion. I bought new uniforms for the upcoming season and couldn't get exactly what I wanted so I compromised and bought some shorter pants than what I had intended. Because of this I already made the decision we will wear our pants up and bought new stirrups so that we will all match. No Tom Foolery gonna happen in my duggout!

Gotta go Up all the time. We didn't have stirrups in brownwood. We wore solid moroon socks and pin stripe uniforms. I hate the Manny Pants. You did well and they will look like real ball players.

t-bag31
12-22-2010, 04:28 PM
cause its gangster

GrTigers6
12-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Why do people keep the stickers on their baseball caps? Wait, I thought that was there so you knew where to put your thumb when you put it on.:D :D

YTBulldogs
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Because when this trend started, if you left your sticker on, it meant that you more than likely purchased it new and it wasn't second or stolen!

Or, maybe they leave it on cause it was stolen and they might want that known?

hollywood
12-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Or, maybe they leave it on cause it was stolen and they might want that known?

lol