PDA

View Full Version : Coach's football games he attended and overall season's analysis

coach
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Nacogdoches @ Little Cypress Maurice- Longest drive ever.

Nacogdoches @ Lufkin- 72-12 shalacking

Nacogdoches vs Carthage- Beat the eventual state champs

Nacogdoches @ Pine Tree- First District Win

Nacogdoches vs John Tyler-

Nacogdoches @ Whitehouse- best WR I have ever seen (Including Jaxon Shipley) Trey Moyeter-OU He had 5 TD's in the first half!

Nacogdoches vs Marshal-played terrible and should have won

Nacogdoches @ Kilgore- 2nd district win. Funny story- me and three other coaches got lost and almost missed the kickoff

Nacogdoches vs Jacsonville- 12 overtimes- nationally recognized and was on ESPN

Nacogdoches @ Hallsville- worst game of the year

Kirbyville vs Brownsboro- Blowout

Fairfield vs LaVega- Only Fairfield game i have seen this year and they looked like the FF of old losing 46-0.

Kirbyville vs LaVega- Kville was the only team other than Carthage that i thought that could play with Brownwood.

Athens vs Lorena- Athens won convincingly and i thought this was the worst game i saw all year.

Carthage vs Madison- Blowout. JR2004 made the game very interesting though.

Carthage vs Argyle- I knew after this game it was going to be tough to beat Carthage

Carthage vs Brownwood- THE GAME. The most entertaing game of the year and most likely the true state game between the two best teams in the state.

Carthage vs Coldspring- I thought Coldspring did a great job on Hunter Holland, but forgot about the MVP of the state IMO, Anthony Morgan.

Aledo vs LaMarque- 1. The best player i have seen all year. 8 TD's! OH and the LaMarque's band was VERY entertaining.

Denton Ryan vs Lake Travis- Back to back to back to back. Need i say more?

Denton Guyer vs Cibolo Steele- Two great RB's. I dont want to say i was not impressed with Malcom Brown, but i expected more. I did love his grit and guts playing through an injury.

Euless Trinity vs Pearland- Trinity won 2nd in two categories that night. 1. the game itself. 2. the Haka. Fairfield looks way better doing it. LOL. I was not impressed with trinity's star player (cant think of his name) and his attitude was terrible. The O Line was HUGE but Pearland's fight was bigger.

22 games and a great year!

Best Overall Player- Jaxon Shipley, Trey Moyerter, and Johnathon Gray

Best QB- Anthony Morgan

Best Game- Bwood Carthage

Best Food- Humble ISD Nachos

Best Stadium not named Jerry World- Humble ISD

Now for the Brownwood Carthage game and my personal take on Jaxon Shipley

Coming into the game i had a feeling that carthage was going to win. They had been there before and the leadership of the qb and coaching staff was a huge reason why. Brownwood's defens was not impressive at all. They are weak up the middle and 304 yards proved that. To be mentioned in the same breath as Dangerfield was ludicrous. To be labled as the greatest you must be flawless in all aspects of the game and Brownwood wasn't.

Jaxon Shipley- for me to have a section just for him shows how great of a player he is. He has the BEST hand sof any reciever i have watched in High School. Hed already has better hands than his older brother. He is amazingly fast and runs a perfect route everytime. His football knowledge is that of a QB. Two negatives about his game though. 1. He does not like playing D. I don't blame him touhgh He is not a DB. 2. His attitude. I don't want to step on any toes here but i notice he had a little big headedness in him. Once after getting drug 10 yards down the field he walked all the way across the field to the sideline with his head down pouting the whole way. He was constantly arguing with the ref and i saw 2 seperate instances where they had to tell him to get back and shut up. And lastly he acted very poorly after losing. He layed on the ground like adam morrison did after losing int he ncaa tourney. With that being said, he is fun to watch and those little attitude problems can be fixed easily and i think mack will be able to do it.

It was a fun year and Im sure LE Dad loved every minute of it and I belive Reggie Garrett was with his team and fighting until the final whistle. I wish i could have been around the last month but thats not the case. i am ready for next year to get here tomorrow. Congrats to all the teams and let's hope for a fun and fast offseason.

oldtownag
12-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Coach, you live in Fairfield right? Looks like you were very commited to watching the Dragons this year.

I lived in Nac. for 5 years (hence the name oldtownag). It was alot easier to get to the Carthage games when I lived closer.

coach
12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Coach, you live in Fairfield right? Looks like you were very commited to watching the Dragons this year.

I lived in Nac. for 5 years (hence the name oldtownag). It was alot easier to get to the Carthage games when I lived closer.

i go to sachool at sfa. and helped was an intern at nac high. thats why i went to all those games. I graduated for FF though

MoveInDad
12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments... enjoyed the read and your take.

91 lion
12-20-2010, 05:46 PM
And lastly he acted very poorly after losing. He layed on the ground like adam morrison did after losing int he ncaa tourney. With that being said, he is fun to watch and those little attitude problems can be fixed easily and i think mack will be able to do it.

Interesting synopsis Coach....but I have to let you now that you couldn't be more wrong about Jaxon Shipley. Ask ANYONE that knows him, or that has competed against him and you will hear the same thing...."he is an amazing athlete and a humble individual'. Now, you watched one BWD game and are making some pretty broad assumptions. It was a BIG game, and Im sure that there were a few kids animated.......not arguing any of what you feel that you witnessed on that account.

As for the "acting very poorly" by laying on the turf and letting his emotions out....put yourself in his shoes for a minute in that situation.

Here is a kid that was a fingertip away from giving his team a chance to advance to the State Game.....the pass falls to the turf.....now memories of the last 8 or 9 years come rushing in...of how your dad and big brother had been there before, TWICE in the championship game and came up short....now it has happened again....to his dad. Jaxon was asked during the week leading up to the game about the possibility of a championship and winning it all....he said "I just want to win it for my dad".

Most all of us, did not have a chance to play for our fathers, but the ones that did, probably know what he was going thru at that moment....once he realized that it was all over and that he would never play for his dad and his team again. Dallas Huston (Brownwood game announcer) asked Coach Shipley about what he and Jaxon said to each other as they hugged after the game....and he said that Jaxon was just apologizing to him saying while sobbing that "Im sorry that I couldn't win it for you dad"

Now, does that sound like a kid with an attitude prblem?

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I have no problem with a HS 17-18 year old letting his emotions get to him after playing his final game in his HS career

coach
12-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
Interesting synopsis Coach....but I have to let you now that you couldn't be more wrong about Jaxon Shipley. Ask ANYONE that knows him, or that has competed against him and you will hear the same thing...."he is an amazing athlete and a humble individual'. Now, you watched one BWD game and are making some pretty broad assumptions. It was a BIG game, and Im sure that there were a few kids animated.......not arguing any of what you feel that you witnessed on that account.

As for the "acting very poorly" by laying on the turf and letting his emotions out....put yourself in his shoes for a minute in that situation.

Here is a kid that was a fingertip away from giving his team a chance to advance to the State Game.....the pass falls to the turf.....now memories of the last 8 or 9 years come rushing in...of how your dad and big brother had been there before, TWICE in the championship game and came up short....now it has happened again....to his dad. Jaxon was asked during the week leading up to the game about the possibility of a championship and winning it all....he said "I just want to win it for my dad".

Most all of us, did not have a chance to play for our fathers, but the ones that did, probably know what he was going thru at that moment....once he realized that it was all over and that he would never play for his dad and his team again. Dallas Huston (Brownwood game announcer) asked Coach Shipley about what he and Jaxon said to each other as they hugged after the game....and he said that Jaxon was just apologizing to him saying while sobbing that "Im sorry that I couldn't win it for you dad"

Now, does that sound like a kid with an attitude prblem?

it is a broad assumption. i was hesitant in posting this but went ahead and did it. and for the put yourself in his shoes...well i missed two free throws and gave up the game winning three in a basketball game one time my senior year. i was able to hold my emotions together until i got into the locker room. and when our team lost in the playoffs i was able to fight back emotions until i was behind scenes. i might have been a little harsh on ship, but the first and only impression i got was him with a negative attitude

coach
12-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I have no problem with a HS 17-18 year old letting his emotions get to him after playing his final game in his HS career

17 and 18 year olds are old enough to hold their composure until after they go to the locker room. now as i am saying this i am watching oprah with my mom and the ladies are crying bc they got a new car. stop crying you sissies

91 lion
12-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by coach
it is a broad assumption. i was hesitant in posting this but went ahead and did it. and for the put yourself in his shoes...well i missed two free throws and gave up the game winning three in a basketball game one time my senior year. i was able to hold my emotions together until i got into the locker room. and when our team lost in the playoffs i was able to fight back emotions until i was behind scenes. i might have been a little harsh on ship, but the first and only impression i got was him with a negative attitude

Were yall undefeated in the State semifinals. Not trying to argue, but just want to compare apples to apples.

Also, I was also a starter on a #3 ranked basketball team that missed a layup in the playoffs that snapped 27 game winning streak for us as we lost by 2 points. I see where you are coming from, about emotions....I just think you are off base with this one.

Looking4number8
12-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I can see how you got the impression but I have to agree that he is a great kid. A lot was riding on his shoulders at that moment. Wanting to win for his dad, he and Brown had almost single handedly moved us down the field for the possible win, the bogus offensive pass interference call against him and then the final play of the season was called to him and him only.. not to mention the pressure the entire Brownwood commuinty had put on these kids shoulders with Jaxon wearing the blunt of it... He did look negative but didnt all of the players and most of us fans. I cant disagree with what you saw, only that I think it was misinterputed... If you ever meet the kid, you will def change your mind

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2010, 06:01 PM
17 and 18 year olds are old enough to hold their composure until after they go to the locker room. now as i am saying this i am watching oprah with my mom and the ladies are crying bc they got a new car. stop crying you sissies

Why do they have to control their emotions till the locker room?

Also I disagree with the Carthage vs Madison just being a blow out..Madison was in that game for 3 Qs and that game was in doubt for a long time

Tin Cup
12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Saying a 17/18 year old should hold in their emotions until the locker room is so ignorant. When you do something truly amazing you cry. When you come up a little short you cry. If we took emotions out of the game it wouldn't be any good. You are bashing a kid for letting his emotions out after a loss? You are a joke. I saw the trinity player on the turf. I saw Carthage kids crying out of pure joy after beating Coldspring. The blood, sweat, and tears make it what it is. These kids were called the greatest team in Brownwood history by multiple people, not just on the downlow. Our players won and lost with class. I couldn't be any more proud!!!

LIONS#1
12-20-2010, 06:50 PM

Says the fake coach with little man syndrome!!:rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-20-2010, 09:04 PM

Now, does that sound like a kid with an attitude prblem? Doesn't to me. I can see and feel his pain. It's the love a son has for his father and the want to please him and give him everything you have. :clap: :clap: :clap: to Jaxon

bobcat1
12-20-2010, 09:08 PM
17 and 18 year olds are old enough to hold their composure until after they go to the locker room. now as i am saying this i am watching oprah with my mom and the ladies are crying bc they got a new car. stop crying you sissies Some can and some can't. If you played the game all out with emotion it would be natural to react with emotion in my opinion. Heck I didn't even have a problem with the kid that threw his helmet. I might of broke mine in half had I of been in that game.

ccmom
12-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I can see how you got the impression but I have to agree that he is a great kid. A lot was riding on his shoulders at that moment. Wanting to win for his dad, he and Brown had almost single handedly moved us down the field for the possible win, the bogus offensive pass interference call against him and then the final play of the season was called to him and him only.. not to mention the pressure the entire Brownwood commuinty had put on these kids shoulders with Jaxon wearing the blunt of it... He did look negative but didnt all of the players and most of us fans. I cant disagree with what you saw, only that I think it was misinterputed... If you ever meet the kid, you will def change your mind Well said! :clap: It's nice to see posters who express a difference of opinion without being disrespectful. I'd say others could learn a thing or two from you, Gramps! :)

As far as showing emotion after a playoff loss...especially a semi-final game that came down to the wire...I would be shocked if the kids didn't show emotion! I'm sure there were plenty of tears and emotion from the adults, too.

Matthew328
12-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Football is a game of intense passion and emotion...when its over its tough...I see kids crying all the time after its over...its a tough thing.

Tejastrue
12-20-2010, 10:19 PM

Jaxon Shipley- for me to have a section just for him shows how great of a player he is. He has the BEST hand sof any reciever i have watched in High School. Hed already has better hands than his older brother. He is amazingly fast and runs a perfect route everytime. His football knowledge is that of a QB. Two negatives about his game though. 1. He does not like playing D. I don't blame him touhgh He is not a DB. 2. His attitude. I don't want to step on any toes here but i notice he had a little big headedness in him. Once after getting drug 10 yards down the field he walked all the way across the field to the sideline with his head down pouting the whole way. He was constantly arguing with the ref and i saw 2 seperate instances where they had to tell him to get back and shut up. And lastly he acted very poorly after losing. He layed on the ground like adam morrison did after losing int he ncaa tourney. With that being said, he is fun to watch and those little attitude problems can be fixed easily and i think mack will be able to do it.

This subject could fit the description of a player from just about any football team discussed on this forum. I'm still trying to figure out why you chose to single out Shipley. Maybe because he is that good and you expect him to to be perfect. The majority of coach's sons who play the game also know the game and could probably teach a considerable amount of refs out there the rules about football. The fact the players also happen to be very good and highly competitive does not justify it but can make the reasons they argue more understandable. Still, I'm not sure what your point is about a player showing emotion. We all deal with it in our own way. To criticize a man, this young man, for displaying his emotions for all to see could possibly be exposing the insecurities about your own emotions you've possibly been dealing with for quite some time now. I have no way of knowing this and it is, just my opinion.

cr180t
12-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Well said! :clap: It's nice to see posters who express a difference of opinion without being disrespectful. I'd say others could learn a thing or two from you, Gramps! :)

As far as showing emotion after a playoff loss...especially a semi-final game that came down to the wire...I would be shocked if the kids didn't show emotion! I'm sure there were plenty of tears and emotion from the adults, too.

Some times things look diff on the field then they do in the stands. Would you agree CCMOM

Great kid. Very competive.

eagles_victory
12-20-2010, 11:05 PM
We lost 42-0 it is a violation to post false scores. Put him back on the bench 66. lol

coach
12-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Were yall undefeated in the State semifinals. Not trying to argue, but just want to compare apples to apples.

Also, I was also a starter on a #3 ranked basketball team that missed a layup in the playoffs that snapped 27 game winning streak for us as we lost by 2 points. I see where you are coming from, about emotions....I just think you are off base with this one.

we were ranked #3 as well and our record was 29-6...

coach
12-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Saying a 17/18 year old should hold in their emotions until the locker room is so ignorant. When you do something truly amazing you cry. When you come up a little short you cry. If we took emotions out of the game it wouldn't be any good. You are bashing a kid for letting his emotions out after a loss? You are a joke. I saw the trinity player on the turf. I saw Carthage kids crying out of pure joy after beating Coldspring. The blood, sweat, and tears make it what it is. These kids were called the greatest team in Brownwood history by multiple people, not just on the downlow. Our players won and lost with class. I couldn't be any more proud!!!

im not talking about crying...i am talking about lqaying on the ground throwing a hissy fit

coach
12-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Guys calm down . im not talking about crying. I completley understand that. I am talking about the adam morrison act he pulled. just like the kid from trinity who layed on the ground after losing state. I know ship is a great kid and i know he wanted to win for his dad. After we loss to LaVega in basketball my senior year i stayed up with my dad balling my eyes out bc i knew it was over. I understand losing it. I understand getting heated out their. Throwing a punch or a late hit. Yea i understand all that. I just said he shouldn't have layed on the ground. Get back up and go shake the other teams hand with your head held high and i dont care if you are crying while you do it. Now throwing your helmet is a bit too much. I did not see who did that but if i was the coach i would be sure to let him kow thats not acceptable. For Shhip i hope he has a great career at texas and i really think he wil be better than his brother.

coach
12-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
Says the fake coach with little man syndrome!!:rolleyes:

thank you

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2010, 11:21 PM
. I just said he shouldn't have layed on the ground. Get back up and go shake the other teams hand with your head held high and i dont care if you are crying while you do it. .

I just done see the issue with laying down..I saw a ton of Carthage players falling down jumping on each other for 15 mins before going to shake hands, and I did not have a problem with that either. When the emotion is raw let is go I say, laying on the ground in loss or win is a huge non issue for me..I personally saw Ship hugging and talking with Pope anf Thompson

coach
12-20-2010, 11:27 PM
I just done see the issue with laying down..I saw a ton of Carthage players falling down jumping on each other for 15 mins before going to shake hands, and I did not have a problem with that either. When the emotion is raw let is go I say, laying on the ground in loss or win is a huge non issue for me..I personally saw Ship hugging and talking with Pope anf Thompson

i knew i should have just let this alone lol

eagles_victory
12-21-2010, 12:15 AM
If Ship was going to A&M i bet you anything Coach wouldnt be saying this

coach
12-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If Ship was going to A&M i bet you anything Coach wouldnt be saying this

i sure would. i hate players that act like that. lose with some dignity. laying on the ground is crossing the line and i wasnt the only one saying that after the game either

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2010, 12:30 AM
i sure would. i hate players that act like that. lose with some dignity. laying on the ground is crossing the line and i wasnt the only one saying that after the game either

If showing emotion is losing dignity then I will lose it everyday

kinda fitting this comes a week after people trash Choice over the Vick thing for NOT showing that he cared they lost

coach
12-21-2010, 12:31 AM

kinda fitting this comes a week after people trash Choice over the Vick thing for NOT showing that he cared they lost

again crying...or jumping up and down in excitement is fine but throwing a helmet or laying on the ground that is crossing the line imo

eagles_victory
12-21-2010, 12:34 AM

kinda fitting this comes a week after people trash Choice over the Vick thing for NOT showing that he cared they lost I bashed Choice and he deserved it lol

coach
12-21-2010, 12:35 AM
again crying...or jumping up and down in excitement is fine but throwing a helmet or laying on the ground that is crossing the line imo

not to mention how he outed and walked 50 yards off the field after being tattooed by hunter holland and arguing with the ref on two seperate occasions. that is what really irked me, but he is just a kid and i know he will learn from that. i just couldnt believe how savvy he was with his ability to catch and run routes. hell some nfl guys could take lessons. In fact he looks a lot like miles austin and they way he runs his routes

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2010, 12:35 AM

why? Why does it cross a line?

one of the most famous iconic moments from the SB is Chuck Howley throwing his helmet 40 yards after losing.

coach
12-21-2010, 12:39 AM
why? Why does it cross a line?

one of the most famous iconic moments from the SB is Chuck Howley throwing his helmet 40 yards after losing.

throwing a helmet serves no purpose that is just klosing it all together. maybe its just how i was raised. i remember i cried after losing a little dribbler game and got my ass beat for being a poor sport

91 lion
12-21-2010, 01:14 AM
Guys calm down . im not talking about crying. I completley understand that. I am talking about the adam morrison act he pulled. just like the kid from trinity who layed on the ground after losing state. I know ship is a great kid and i know he wanted to win for his dad. After we loss to LaVega in basketball my senior year i stayed up with my dad balling my eyes out bc i knew it was over. I understand losing it. I understand getting heated out their. Throwing a punch or a late hit. Yea i understand all that. I just said he shouldn't have layed on the ground. Get back up and go shake the other teams hand with your head held high and i dont care if you are crying while you do it. Now throwing your helmet is a bit too much. I did not see who did that but if i was the coach i would be sure to let him kow thats not acceptable. For Shhip i hope he has a great career at texas and i really think he wil be better than his brother.

:doh: So....thowing a punch or a late hit is understandable (in your book)....but laying on the ground after a big loss is crossing the line...enough so, that you hate players that do it. Are you really being serious:confused: :confused: :confused:

91 lion
12-21-2010, 01:16 AM
we were ranked #3 as well and our record was 29-6...

Looks like you lost twice as many games as we did.

LIONS#1
12-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
This subject could fit the description of a player from just about any football team discussed on this forum. I'm still trying to figure out why you chose to single out Shipley. Maybe because he is that good and you expect him to to be perfect. The majority of coach's sons who play the game also know the game and could probably teach a considerable amount of refs out there the rules about football. The fact the players also happen to be very good and highly competitive does not justify it but can make the reasons they argue more understandable. Still, I'm not sure what your point is about a player showing emotion. We all deal with it in our own way. To criticize a man, this young man, for displaying his emotions for all to see could possibly be exposing the insecurities about your own emotions you've possibly been dealing with for quite some time now. I have no way of knowing this and it is, just my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing and have to agree with you Tejastrue. The guy has issues:doh:

Ranger Mom
12-21-2010, 07:45 AM
i knew i should have just let this alone lol

That probably would have been your best bet!!

Also, this IS a high school kid we are talking about and I think the rules say something about that.

I remember when we lost in our State game. Dawson Wilber, who was our QB, punter and kicker missed the field goal by a mere inch in our second OT which would have at least put us in a 3rd OT. When Bandera kicked theirs for the win, Dawson was on the sidelines...I remember him falling to his knees and putting a towel over head and just kneeling there while the Bandera played celebrated on the field. I didn't consider his actions as being a sissy, classless or negative.....I felt nothing but pity for him.

Several Bandera players came over to our sidelines to talk to him....he was visibly upset, choked up with emotion and crying without shame. All I remember was feeling nothing but pride for him as did our entire community.

I feel you are now just trying to rationalize your initial post without losing too much face, and that is human nature...but you were spot on when you said, "I knew I should have just let this alone."

Live and learn young man!!:)

Looking4number8
12-21-2010, 08:11 AM
[Barguing with the ref on two seperate occasions. that is what really irked me, [/B]

He had reason to argue with the refs. This is the offensive pass interference that was called on him on our last drive. Check out the 17-18 second mark where Shipley is pulled down by his shoulder and then called for a 15 yard penelty

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals004.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=semifinals004.mp4)

This video you can see him arguing some when his forward progress was at the 11 or 12 yard line but ball was spotted at 13. This was a big moment in the game, if we get the spot most likely we go up by right after half time but we did not but Shipley did his best on the catch and trying to talk the ref into the spot. Kid plays with heart like he was from Monahans or something..

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals002.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=semifinals002.mp4)

bwdlionfan
12-21-2010, 08:31 AM
He had reason to argue with the refs. This is the offensive pass interference that was called on him on our last drive. Check out the 17-18 second mark where Shipley is pulled down by his shoulder and then called for a 15 yard penelty

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals004.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=semifinals004.mp4)

Terrible call

coach
12-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Terrible call

not as terrible as the "forward pass" called on carthage...i guess the difference was carthage did not make excuses. they just decided to score the next play....and again im not bashin ship im just saying the only negatice thing i saw about him was a small attitude problem that can be easily fixed...geez sorry i gave my 2 cents worth

Looking4number8
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
not as terrible as the "forward pass" called on carthage...i guess the difference was carthage did not make excuses. they just decided to score the next play....and again im not bashin ship im just saying the only negatice thing i saw about him was a small attitude problem that can be easily fixed...geez sorry i gave my 2 cents worth

nobody is making any excuses here, showing what shipley was arguing. We still had our chance to score and did not get it done...This is the problem with you in this whole thread. You see one thing and think it is another when the truth is you dont know anything. Quit making assumptions and things will be much better for all

95mustang
12-21-2010, 09:27 AM

Maybe next time you want to give your 2 cents worth you should make sure it doesn't appear you are calling out a 17 y/o kid. I know as a parent of a 17 y/o I take offense to that.

bobcat1
12-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Or we could talk about all the positive things about a student athlete and leave the derogatory comments running around in our feeble little minds. My 2 cents.

hollywood
12-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Coach, you are right. You should not have posted your comments about how a high school senior reacted after losing an emotional filled game only to see the hopes and dreams of the big dance and a historic season end in a matter of seconds. Everyone has an opinion which is sometimes better kept to their self. You have made false accusations and judgment about a high school students personality and character by merely watching a game from the stands? You don't know these KIDS.

If you haven't watched the post game speech Coach Shipley made to the players, then you have missed a great lesson. Maybe you'll learn a little more about how Jaxon is being raised.

Tejastrue
12-21-2010, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Looking4number8
[B]He had reason to argue with the refs. This is the offensive pass interference that was called on him on our last drive. Check out the 17-18 second mark where Shipley is pulled down by his shoulder and then called for a 15 yard penalty

How was that interference on the offense? Disgusting call, especially in a state semi-final game. :(

BEAST
12-21-2010, 10:39 AM
[B]He had reason to argue with the refs. This is the offensive pass interference that was called on him on our last drive. Check out the 17-18 second mark where Shipley is pulled down by his shoulder and then called for a 15 yard penalty

How was that interference on the offense? Disgusting call, especially in a state semi-final game. :(

Exactly.

BEAST

95mustang
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM

The disgusting part is that was how this game ended. It was one of the greatest high school games I have been blessed to witness and it came down to that call.

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Well I still feel after seeing video that the carthage kid made the int that was ruled out of bounds so IMO that was a wash

RoyceTTU
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Well I still feel after seeing video that the carthage kid made the int that was ruled out of bounds so IMO that was a wash

For argument sake, defensive pass Int would of superceeded the Int.

IMHO, i don't care because nothing can be changed. Brownwood had plenty of opportunities to win this game. Carthage beat us! Its unfortunate, but what do you? :( :( :( :(

95mustang
12-21-2010, 11:58 AM

You might be right, but if Shipley isn't pulled down would he have still made the interception? Who knows, maybe he would have. I am taking nothing away from Carthage at all they were a tremendous team and won the game.

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2010, 12:04 PM
the video I have seen does not show Ship being pulled down( because him falling, being pulled down is not in the shot) So I cant say he was pulled down or for all I know he fell

pirate4state
12-21-2010, 12:13 PM
While I would never post negatives I saw in any player (and believe me, I've wanted to), please do not sit here and act like none of you have NEVER uttered a negative thing about a HS player. :hand: You may not have done it here, like he did, but it's done. We are all so passionate about this sport; that it is gonna come out at some point.

After watching 5 games this past weekend, I saw a lot of "jawing" by these kids to officials. IMO, it is NOT okay for a kid to argue with an official. This is the coaches job.

It's pretty funny that coach begins & ends his opinion on Jaxon with positives, but everyone focused on the negative. LOL

95mustang
12-21-2010, 12:32 PM
the video I have seen does not show Ship being pulled down( because him falling, being pulled down is not in the shot) So I cant say he was pulled down or for all I know he fell

Did you not review the clip posted in this thread? It shows the pull on the pad or jersey. Then after the ball was caught by the Carthage player he landed out of bounds. Yes he caught the ball but it was out of bounds.

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

It's pretty funny that coach begins & ends his opinion on Jaxon with positives, but everyone focused on the negative. LOL

because IMO the negative was an attack on character

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Did you not review the clip posted in this thread? It shows the pull on the pad or jersey. Then after the ball was caught by the Carthage player he landed out of bounds. Yes he caught the ball but it was out of bounds.

yea I did, and I dont see Ship being pulled down I see him falling down with a defender touching him, does not mean the defender had anything to do with him falling..on the 2nd angle IMO looks like both were grabbing each other but the fact that Ship was on the ground that one will get called 9 times out of 10

Old LB
12-21-2010, 12:55 PM

This was for sure an attack on character. Shipley is a great kid, no two ways about it. Coach, you have a right to your opinion, just shouldn't air it in public forum. If you knew anything about this kid you would not have that opinion.

Rocket
12-21-2010, 01:53 PM
While I would never post negatives I saw in any player (and believe me, I've wanted to), please do not sit here and act like none of you have NEVER uttered a negative thing about a HS player. :hand: You may not have done it here, like he did, but it's done. We are all so passionate about this sport; that it is gonna come out at some point.

After watching 5 games this past weekend, I saw a lot of "jawing" by these kids to officials. IMO, it is NOT okay for a kid to argue with an official. This is the coaches job.

Oh wow... Somebody loves that chupacabra known as "coach". :inlove:

I will have more thoughts on this idiotic thread later tonight. First off, who gives a flying flip what coach thinks or his ASSessment of players or games. I know I sure don't. I am impressed that he did, however, form complete sentences and thoughts.

His comments on Shipley are ridiculous.

BwdLion73
12-21-2010, 02:24 PM
i cried after losing a little dribbler game and got my ass beat for being a poor sport [/B]

:thinking: I think I am beginning to understand. ;)

pirate4state
12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

I will have more thoughts on this idiotic thread later tonight. First off, who gives a flying flip what coach thinks or his ASSessment of players or games. I know I sure don't. I am impressed that he did, however, form complete sentences and thoughts.

LOL --- exactly!! WHO CARES?!

Who gives a flying flip what Rocket thinks or his ASSessment of coach's post. I know I sure don't. The rest of you can tune in for his "thoughts" lmao wow

Rocket
12-21-2010, 02:53 PM
LOL --- exactly!! WHO CARES?!

Who gives a flying flip what Rocket thinks or his ASSessment of coach's post. I know I sure don't. The rest of you can tune in for his "thoughts" lmao wow

Now you are catching on... I proved my point. I'm like 5 miles ahead of you.

LIONS#1
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:thinking: I think I am beginning to understand. ;)

Man must have been an abusive childhood!!! Clearly calling out a Kid on the message board and all that...Geezzee No wonder he was banned!! for a month!! :rolleyes: Oh well I guess all us "cry babies" have to stick together through thick and thin here!!! Rocket is spot ON on this thread by the way!!

LIONS#1
12-21-2010, 03:38 PM

exactly!!

5wide
12-21-2010, 03:52 PM
The one game I saw bwood play, I got the same feeling when it came to shipley. He would walk across the field as if he had the right to while all the other bwood players were jogging. But in his defense... his head coach's last name is shipley!! in all reality...you can tell he's a good kid. He took a *cheap beating* against Iowa Park and never lost his cool.

garciap77
12-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
The one game I saw bwood play, I got the same feeling when it came to shipley. He would walk across the field as if he had the right to while all the other bwood players were jogging. But in his defense... his head coach's last name is shipley!! in all reality...you can tell he's a good kid. He took a *cheap beating* against Iowa Park and never lost his cool.

He has East Texas speed, so when he was walking it might have looked like his teammates were jogging!:D

;)

hollywood
12-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
He has East Texas speed, so when he was walking it might have looked like his teammates were jogging!:D

;)

LOL! Garcia, you crack me up. That made me laugh hard for some reason.

BEAST
12-21-2010, 10:48 PM
If any of you nimrods even knew Jaxon you'd soon realize how far offbase y'all are. He's the epitome of a leader. A true team player. Never complained about how many touches he had. Even when he caught 2 for 7 yards against China Springs. He's as classy a young man as I've ever been around.

BEAST

Yoe_09
12-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
If any of you nimrods even knew Jaxon you'd soon realize how far offbase y'all are. He's the epitome of a leader. A true team player. Never complained about how many touches he had. Even when he caught 2 for 7 yards against China Springs. He's as classy a young man as I've ever been around.

BEAST

Better watch out...those China Spring people dont like that s.

BEAST
12-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Excuse me. Lol. Sorry. Wow.

BEAST

Yoe_09
12-21-2010, 10:59 PM
Excuse me. Lol. Sorry. Wow.

BEAST

I personally didnt think it was that big of a deal...until a guy got into a big argument with me.

BEAST
12-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I personally didnt think it was that big of a deal...until a guy got into a big argument with me.

Lol. Well if we get in an argument I'll tell him he's full of "s".

BEAST

bobcat1
12-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Lol. Well if we get in an argument I'll tell him he's full of "s".

BEAST LMAO!

wimbo_pro
12-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

LOL..he still doesnt get it, does he?

coach
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
i keep seeing people say that crying was a bad thing. i never said that. cry all you want to i dont care, but dont lay on the ground, walk all the way across the field, and jaw to the official. I did see the video of coach ship and it was awesome. Like i said 10 times now, im sure jaxon is a great kid. but maybe he just had a bad day or maybe he lost site of the BIG picture, which is to play your best and win and lose with dignity. Laying on the ground is not that. he messed up and i forgive him for that. he made a small mistake and now it is over. i was not trying to call out a hs player or talk bad about him i just simply stated what i thought of the kid. i apologize if i hurt anyones feelings, especially those close to the shipleys. i hope he has a great career and i cant wait to see him get shut down by an ATM db next year :D

Looking4number8
12-22-2010, 07:56 PM
he messed up and i forgive him for that.

Geez man, I am sure everybody feels better now, you forgive him.. yep freaking yee..

I have not dogged you for your thoughts even though I disagreed. I do hope this was just written wrong by you because if you think you are the judge and jury that should do the forgiving.... you have a lot of growing up to do

coach
12-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Geez man, I am sure everybody feels better now, you forgive him.. yep freaking yee..

I have not dogged you for your thoughts even though I disagreed. I do hope this was just written wrong by you because if you think you are the judge and jury that should do the forgiving.... you have a lot of growing up to do

you are right...i should have said i felt the he had messed up, but now i forgive the guy. he played one helluva game and without him bwood is nowhere near coming back and making the game interesting. im glad i got to watch him play. he is an amazing athlete and i will always remember that cath he made on 3rd and 25 over 3 ppl in the fourth quarter

Looking4number8
12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
i will always remember that cath he made on 3rd and 25 over 3 ppl in the fourth quarter

This one....

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals003.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=semifinals003.mp4)

coach
12-22-2010, 08:25 PM
This one....

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/th_semifinals003.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo24/ivan1961/?action=view&current=semifinals003.mp4)

yea. there was one earlier in the game that was more impressive but this one is moe memorable....