PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeye 2011 Schedule

N4SIR
12-20-2010, 09:47 AM
The Buckeyes have a tough schedule next year with only 3 games at home. We will be hosting Daingerfield, Henderson and Carthage -- all of them 2010 State Champions. How cool is that!!!

bigwood33
12-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
The Buckeyes have a tough schedule next year with only 3 games at home. We will be hosting Daingerfield, Henderson and Carthage -- all of them 2010 State Champions. How cool is that!!!
That is really cool...and I am glad it is y'all and not us :D

wimbo_pro
12-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Wow...now THAT is a tough schedule!

poisoned10
12-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Gilmer played 3 teams that won the state title this year and was 2-1 against those teams.

44INAROW
12-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Gilmer played 3 teams that won the state title this year and was 2-1 against those teams.

NICE!:clap:

waterboy
12-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, at least we get to play the toughest games at home. Throw in Jacksonville and Tatum on the road and the schedule is gonna be even tougher. No doubt the Buckeyes will be battle-tested for a playoff run next year. Turnovers absolutely killed the Buckeyes this past year. If they get that fixed, next year's team should make a very strong run at the district title.

oldtownag
12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
If they get that fixed, next year's team should make a very strong run at the district title.

Good luck on 2nd place :D :D :D

waterboy
12-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Good luck on 2nd place :D :D :D
That one's gonna come back to bite you.:D I'll go on record right now and say that Gilmer will beat Carthage next year.;) Carthage "might" get second place, IF they can beat Henderson.......which I don't think they will.:p Carthage is in elite company in that they are only one of three teams that has beaten Gilmer TWICE in the last DECADE.

navscanmaster
12-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Jeez, I don't envy you guys at all. But go 10-0, nobody will pick against the Buckeyes the rest of the way. Hell, 7-3 or 8-2 and you are still on the way to the SC game. Just imagine if another great hyped team was given that schedule to play, say Brow.....nevermind.

:D ;)

LoboesWT
12-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Jeez, I don't envy you guys at all. But go 10-0, nobody will pick against the Buckeyes the rest of the way. Hell, 7-3 or 8-2 and you are still on the way to the SC game. Just imagine if another great hyped team was given that schedule to play, say Brow.....nevermind.

+1 Wow that is a brutal schedule. The true defenition of battle tested.

buckeyebob
12-20-2010, 05:24 PM
That one's gonna come back to bite you.:D I'll go on record right now and say that Gilmer will beat Carthage next year.;) Carthage "might" get second place, IF they can beat Henderson.......which I don't think they will.:p Carthage is in elite company in that they are only one of three teams that has beaten Gilmer TWICE in the last DECADE.

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-jumping-smileys-378.gif I do agree....time to take the gloves off...bare knuckle...time to get down to some 16-3A smack talk....2011 is near.

BLACK ATTACK
12-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

I'll go ahead and pick against them!:D

skins4life
12-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
I'll go ahead and pick against them!:D

You would!! You sore loser!!!:D :D :D

BLACK ATTACK
12-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
You would!! You sore loser!!!:D :D :D

There is no doubt about that!

Gsquared
12-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Who's Gilmer gonna play in the Classic at Rose on Zero Week? Will it be Atlanta again?

waterboy
12-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Who's Gilmer gonna play in the Classic at Rose on Zero Week? Will it be Atlanta again?
Yes, it will be Atlanta. Atlanta hired a new coach, Matt McClure, from Texas High. He's a good one, and should have the Rabbits back in contention soon. It may take them a couple of games to get the system down enough to be competitive, but I'll bet that by the time district rolls around they'll be a contender in 15-3A. I'll go on record now and say that Atlanta WILL make the playoffs.

Gsquared
12-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Yes, it will be Atlanta. Atlanta hired a new coach, Matt McClure, from Texas High. He's a good one, and should have the Rabbits back in contention soon. It may take them a couple of games to get the system down enough to be competitive, but I'll bet that by the time district rolls around they'll be a contender in 15-3A. I'll go on record now and say that Atlanta WILL make the playoffs.
I hope your right. I miss the days of Atlanta being a power house. I didnt realize they had already hired. Guess he will be there running the offseason then?

waterboy
12-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Yep, that's all we need ---- another 3A powerhouse in East Texas....:mad:

Atlanta has always, up until the last three or four years, had a lot of good athletes, good size, and some players with world class speed. I just hope there's not another kid named Epps coming through there program anytime soon!:eek:

buckeyebob
12-22-2010, 07:10 AM

Carthage in 3rd place? (Gasp)Carthage in 4th place? (huge gasp) Say it ain't so!!! I refuse to talk smack until January...my wife said I had to behave.

BEAST
12-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Why does Gilmer only have 3 home games?

BEAST

waterboy
12-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Why does Gilmer only have 3 home games?

BEAST
That's the way the schedule worked out. We have 3 home games, 6 away games, and 1 neutral site game. This past season we had just the opposite, 6 home games, 3 away games, and 1 neutral site game. It's okay, though, we should be much better this year than last.

P.S. Actually, the neutral site is at Rose Stadium in Tyler, which is like our home away from home. Does that count as a home game?;) We will, however, be sitting on the visitor's side.

oldtownag
12-22-2010, 04:05 PM

And Gilmer joins an elite list of teams that never beat the Dawgs in the last Decade.

Including Brownwood, Celina, etc....

waterboy
12-22-2010, 04:17 PM
And Gilmer joins an elite list of teams that never beat the Dawgs in the last Decade.

Your time is a coming........;) .........in '11. Get ready! Carthage IS going down to the mighty Buckeyes this coming season.:p

Aesculus gilmus
12-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Why was Carthage so easy to beat in the 1990s? From 1996 to 1999, Gilmer had a 3-1 run against you. And those were not good years for the Buckeyes. Not a single one of those teams made the playoffs.

lulu
12-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Don't count us out. Oneday we will be there.:)

buckeyebob
12-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Your time is a coming........;) .........in '11. Get ready! Carthage IS going down to the mighty Buckeyes this coming season.:p

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sign-smileys-968.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/skype-emoticons.html)http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-964.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

buckeyebob
12-24-2010, 06:03 AM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes010.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Y'all are getting as bad as (the name that shall not be spoken)...perhaps y'all will be TNTSNBS II...just wait...it will be your turn soon!! :-D

poisoned10
12-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
TNTSNBS II

It took me FOREVER to figure out what that meant.

:doh:

cowboyandchrist
12-25-2010, 09:52 AM
It may happen one of these days, but as long as the same coach is still at Carthage, I would not bet an old sock on it. They have many coming back on both sides of the ball. A stud line backer that led the team in tackels, an all state safety on D and two outstanding linemen on the O. They may very well be at the last game of the season next year. Next year could be a repete of this year. You never know in Texas 3A football.
God Bless and Merry Christmas.

PennStateBuck44
02-13-2011, 12:02 PM
It's January. Does that mean the wife is letting you talk smack again..?

oldtownag
02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by PennStateBuck44
It's January. Does that mean the wife is letting you talk smack again..?

Obviously, the wife has taken the "smack talk" block off buckeyebob.

I think these buckeyes think just cause they pay there coach more than any other 3A coach in the state that he is going to beat the Dawgs one of these years.

lulu
02-13-2011, 09:30 PM
hey...how come no one acknowledged my post? Panthers are gonna be competitors in that district even if we are the smallest in the group.

oldtownag
02-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by lulu
hey...how come no one acknowledged my post? Panthers are gonna be competitors in that district even if we are the smallest in the group.

I predict SH will beat Gilmer next year.

lulu
02-14-2011, 02:01 AM
I predict SH will beat Gilmer next year. Awwww...what a guy. I know you don't really believe it
but I don't mind.

buckeyebob
02-14-2011, 05:45 AM
Since my retirement, I have mellowed. I have been building a chicken coop...it is a kinder, more gentle sort of thing.

I cannot believe that y'all have been talking about the Buckeyes behind my back, & did not let me know. The Bucks will be reloading this year...Luke will be back, so will most of our linemen, Gus will need a replacement, we will have some help from our Freshmen. We will certainly have our hands full. My prediction is that the Bucks could possible have to settle for 2nd place in District of Doom this year...BEHIND HENDERSON BUT DEFINITLY AHEAD OF CARTHAGE & SPRING HILL!!. Of course, we could possibly give Henderson a spanking.

The Bulldogswill have to settle for 3rd at best. The Buckeyes are on the move toward another State Title or two over the next few years. They will be ugly, in your face...probably the best defensive unit in the State...Traylor says they continually get into fights in the Locker Room...that is always a good sign.

waterboy
02-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Heck, we've only played Carthage TWICE this decade, not exactly dominance. They have had some amazing teams in the last 3-4 years. They got lucky in '09 and didn't face us, or else we would've been 1-2 against them, in my opinion. The past doesn't matter now, but I am ready for the Buckeyes to take a little starch out of them Bulldogs. This might just be the year.;)

poisoned10
02-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Gilmer will be better than they were this past season.

Our biggest problem was consistency/turnovers. Some games we looked like a top 10 team, others we looked like a mediocre team.

Started off in mid-season form like usual against Atlanta, then had VERY sub-par performances against Tatum and Jacksonville (10 combined turnovers). Had a good game against Liberty-Eylau (held Oregon commit Tra Carson to 87 yards rushing) and dominated 2A Champion Daingerfield on their field.

District rolls around and we barely escape Gladewater (0-5 in district) by 1 point in OT, then get dominated by 3A Champion Carthage and then completely dismantle Spring Hill, sorry Lulu. Then after trailing 3A Champion Henderson, 28-10 midway through the 3rd quarter, we start to roll and win by 1 followed by a solid win against Pittsburg.

As you can see, they were nothing less than a roller coaster.

Gilmer SHOULD have beat Tatum and Jacksonville. Carthage and Argyle we just that much better than we were, although I believe we should have had a better showing against them than what we did.

Gilmer isn't going any where any time soon. They will continue to put great athletes on the field and will continue to be a force in 3A. Don't ever turn your back on us.

waterboy
02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I agree. Turnovers absolutely killed the Buckeyes this past year, that and injuries. This past season was just one of those seasons that happen to most teams once in a while. The Buckeyes had a very good year, especially if you consider all of the things they had to overcome. Next season ought to be a lot better.

buckeyebob
02-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Heck, we've only played Carthage TWICE this decade, not exactly dominance. They have had some amazing teams in the last 3-4 years. They got lucky in '09 and didn't face us, or else we would've been 1-2 against them, in my opinion. The past doesn't matter now, but I am ready for the Buckeyes to take a little starch out of them Bulldogs. This might just be the year.;)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-score010.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

oldtownag
02-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Turnovers did kill the Buckeyes. But don't you have the same fumbling / interception throwing skill players returning?

waterboy
02-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Yep, but they are a year older with another year of experience. The turnover problems ARE correctable, injuries are just a part of the game and I hope we don't have a year like last. I expect the Buckeyes to be much better this coming season.

buckeyebob
02-16-2011, 06:17 AM
fumbling / interception solved

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n492/rlind1112/gooey.jpg