PDA

View Full Version : 3A Downlow Player of the Year??

BEAST
12-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Has it ever been done? I think its a heck of an idea. Post stats and depth of playoff run for your nominee. Mods, what you say?

BEAST

orange machine
12-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Anthony Morgan has my vote dont know his stats, but I know they were awesome and he has lead his team to two titles.

M-town lobo fan
12-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Anthony Morgan has my vote dont know his stats, but I know they were awesome and he has lead his team to two titles.
+1

bobcat4life
12-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Reggie Garrett

orange machine
12-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Reggie Garrett

I think thats great and a wonderful thought, but there are kids that played very well that deserve the award. I dont know how to say it without sounding like a cold blooded jerk so i hope you understand what im saying. :(

coach
12-20-2010, 12:05 AM
The 3aDownlow Reggie Garret Award (MVP)- Anthony Morgan of Carthage

orange machine
12-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by coach

Now that I can agree with good idea!:clap:

BaseballUmp
12-20-2010, 12:26 AM
People people people, the answer Beast was looking for was a tie between Graylon Brown and Jaxson Shipley

wimbo_pro
12-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
People people people, the answer Beast was looking for was a tie between Graylon Brown and Jaxson Shipley
:D :D :D

orange machine
12-20-2010, 12:37 AM
People people people, the answer Beast was looking for was a tie between Graylon Brown and Jaxson Shipley :tisk: :1popcorn:

steerz2010
12-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Not goiing to lie, both were VERY impressive.

BaseballUmp
12-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Didn't want this to be a run away Anthony Morgan thread because BW has to be in the mix.

I think it's somewhere on the rules page

orange machine
12-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Didn't want this to be a run away Anthony Morgan thread because BW has to be in the mix.

I think it's somewhere on the rules page

HaHa

Brown and Shipley were a great pair, but in my opinion Anthony Morgan was just head and shoulders above all.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2010, 12:54 AM
this is all about perspective IMO..for the WHOLE SEASON I think Brown or Shipley..if because of how the season ended then Morgan.

bobcat4life
12-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
this is all about perspective IMO..for the WHOLE SEASON I think Brown or Shipley..if because of how the season ended then Morgan. +1

Stat wise you cant forget Hunter Holland. 2500 yards and over 35 touchdowns for Carthage. He is just as deserving for Carthages title as Morgan if not more. His 300 yards against Bwood almost single handedly won the game

coach
12-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
this is all about perspective IMO..for the WHOLE SEASON I think Brown or Shipley..if because of how the season ended then Morgan.

morgan has been playing like that for two years now..i have seent his carthage team play atleast 15 times in the past 3 years and the last two years morgan has been unbelievable and i have been saying that he is amazing but noone has said anything about it. morgan is > brown .....shipley made brown and morgan made carthage. now i can easily see ship being the mvp and i all honestly he prob deserves it more than anthony, but to say he hasnt performed the WHOLE SEASON then thats just not right

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2010, 01:04 AM
morgan has been playing like that for two years now..i have seent his carthage team play atleast 15 times in the past 3 years and the last two years morgan has been unbelievable and i have been saying that he is amazing but noone has said anything about it. morgan is > brown .....shipley made brown and morgan made carthage. now i can easily see ship being the mvp and i all honestly he prob deserves it more than anthony, but to say he hasnt performed the WHOLE SEASON then thats just not right

lol I never said Morgan did not perform the whole season..I feel Shipley, Brown, Hunter Holland among others performed as well if not better than Morgan for the WHOLE SEASON( and those are just players from two teams)

I think Morgan was amazing in the State Title game no doubt about it, but I am not going to just forget how others played week in and week out and say it is easily Morgan( again all my views)

sinton66
12-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Has it ever been done? I think its a heck of an idea. Post stats and depth of playoff run for your nominee. Mods, what you say?

BEAST

Sounds good to me. Lets wait until this week's POTW poll is done first then we can do it.

buckeyebob
12-20-2010, 06:15 AM

:clap: :clap:

hookandladder
12-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by orange machine

No doubt, hands down best player. Hell last 2 years.

BEAST
12-20-2010, 09:18 AM

No, I wasnt looking for any answer other than has it been done before, and if not could we do it. As for Graylon and Jaxon (no "s"), I will put them up against anybody.

BEAST

waterboy
12-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
No doubt, hands down best player. Hell last 2 years.
This year, yes. Last year, no. Last year's player of the year had to be Stump.