PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Trojans

orange machine
12-18-2010, 09:55 PM
What in the world do they give those kids they are huge ever year?

TexMike
12-18-2010, 09:57 PM
http://manolobig.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/samoa.jpg

orange machine
12-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Trinity and Pearland look like D1 college teams.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Trinity and Pearland look like D1 college teams.

Thus the difference in the classes. It's not just the size and calliber of the athletes. Both teams look so polished. Like you said, they operate like D1 teams.

shamu85
12-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Thus the difference in the classes. It's not just the size and calliber of the athletes. Both teams look so polished. Like you said, they operate like D1 teams.

Carthage looked pretty polished to me last night. I saw Trinity in person last week and last year. They didn't look very polished in the passing game at all.

orange machine
12-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I have seen alot of 5a schools that look awful and have no size, but overall you are right.

orange machine
12-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
Carthage looked pretty polished to me last night. I saw Trinity in person last week and last year. They didn't look very polished in the passing game at all.
I think alot of it is the coaching staff and how well they have the kids prepared. Like I said I've seen alot of 4a and 5a schools who looked and played awful so bad alot of the better 2a teams would beat them.

big daddy russ
12-19-2010, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by TexMike
http://manolobig.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/samoa.jpg
ROFL. I see what you did there.

Rabid Cougar
12-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Saw Trinity play RR STP. They are anything but polished. Strictly on athletes. If they didn't No. 10 ,they would be average.

oldtownag
12-19-2010, 12:25 PM
The Trinity LDS "Somoan" connection definitely helps the size/athleticism. Those kids are big and can really move.

P.S. This is not racist because it was documented by CBS!

Football Island (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/14/60minutes/main6097706.shtml)

icu812
12-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Thought all Trinity had to do was run straight at em. Pearland never stopped them. IMHO Trinity's play calling was horrible and to many penalties.

kaorder1999
12-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Thought all Trinity had to do was run straight at em. Pearland never stopped them. IMHO Trinity's play calling was horrible and to many penalties.

exactly what I thought...and..why didnt they go for two after that last TD play? Why kick it to still be down 4? Would have made that last drive a lot different....would not need to attack endzone like they did

oldtownag
12-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
exactly what I thought...and..why didnt they go for two after that last TD play? Why kick it to still be down 4? Would have made that last drive a lot different....would not need to attack endzone like they did

Yes, just cause you have a good team does not mean you have good coaching. I think most would have handled the play calling and the 2 point possibility different.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Yes, just cause you have a good team does not mean you have good coaching. I think most would have handled the play calling and the 2 point possibility different.

while Lineweaver at times seems out there with play calling I think it is safe to say he is a good coach with his record and state titles

icu812
12-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
while Lineweaver at times seems out there with play calling I think it is safe to say he is a good coach with his record and state titles

Yes but with the amount of time left in the game going for 2 to make it a 3 point game seemed like a no brainer. As far as play calling goes they were getting huge yardage up the middle and nothing on the edges. Finally on their last td drive they stuck with the inside runs and scored easily. To much reverses, fake reverses, jet sweeps, throwback passes, etc. All they needed to do was run, run, run, play action pass. Not hard to see whats working in the 1st Q and stick with it until they adjust to stop it. To me all the penalties on offense go back to coaching as well. I'm sure they are great coaches but it wasn't their best game.

Pendragon13
12-19-2010, 05:54 PM
The Trinity LDS "Somoan" connection definitely helps the size/athleticism. Those kids are big and can really move.

P.S. This is not racist because it was documented by CBS!

Football Island (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/14/60minutes/main6097706.shtml) So how did Trinity end up with so many? I can understand west cost schools getting a few but..:confused:

oldtownag
12-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
So how did Trinity end up with so many? I can understand west cost schools getting a few but..:confused:

Many Somoan's have moved to Trinity to work at DFW Airport in baggage handeling. That allows them to travel back to Somoa for free. I think they just got started and others followed.

shamu85
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Saw Trinity play RR STP. They are anything but polished. Strictly on athletes. If they didn't No. 10 ,they would be average.

Completely agree. Wish SP could have caught a few of those passes that hit the receivers in the hands.

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
I heard quite a bit of grumbling about the play calling by the Trinity fans on their way out
after the game. The one I most remember was a fan that said....

"Hey coach! If you run the same play 4 or 5 times and it doesn't work....guess what! It isn't gonna work the fifth or sixth time!"

My guess is that he was talking about the reverse/double reverse play that I kept thinking
they might try to throw down field. But, they never did that I saw.

I guess I remember that complaint the most because I heard it a thousand times from
our fans when Jackson was here running the wishbone. :rolleyes:

buckeyebob
12-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Many Somoan's have moved to Trinity to work at DFW Airport in baggage handeling. That allows them to travel back to Somoa for free. I think they just got started and others followed.

And it is Hot As Hell like Somoa

DDBooger
12-20-2010, 07:27 AM
They're Tongans, not Samoans.
Excellent back story on how it all began and who they are.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95295728