PDA

View Full Version : Antony Morgan

orange machine
12-18-2010, 04:37 PM
The kid has a great arm is smart and has a ton of talent, is there anyway that he will play qb at the next level? I know most people will say know, but I remember a 5'10 Doug Flutie playing d1 and NFL football

VWG
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
If the kid isn't being recruited now, he will probably have to walk on.

On another note.... what's with the initials tattooed on the back of each arm?
:thinking:

OK, we know your name is Anthony Morgan... but why would you want to tattoo it on the back of your arms? Just in case you forgot your initials?

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by VWG
If the kid isn't being recruited now, he will probably have to walk on.

On another note.... what's with the initials tattooed on the back of each arm?
:thinking:

OK, we know your name is Anthony Morgan... but why would you want to tattoo it on the back of your arms? Just in case you forgot your initials?

He's a high school kid. They tend to do stupid things. It's the ones who are still doing stupid things a few years after graduation that you have to worry about.

Eagle1
12-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Those tatooes will look good when he goes to an interview one day

LIONS#1
12-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Morgan is a friend of mine's nephew..Kid is a gamer for sure.

turbostud
12-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1

that's what I tell these kids with those big holes in their ears. Nobody is going to give you a job looking like that unless you want to dig ditches or wash dishes.

rolldawgs
12-19-2010, 03:35 AM
He had already been recruited (with at least one offer) from smaller programs before the State Championship game.

He also received calls after the game, before he even
got out of Cowboys Stadium. After all, that game was perhaps the first time a lot of recruiters had actually SEEN him play!

He got an opportunity to shine last night, and shine he did, so we'll see what other doors it may open.

Great kid from a great family. He'll get a college education one way or another, so any interview he goes on won't be of the "short sleeve" variety; no worries ;)

DDBooger
12-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Those tatooes will look good when he goes to an interview one day Is he going to be interviewing for a life guard position, or just have a sleeveless suit?

BEAST
12-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Is he going to be interviewing for a life guard position, or just have a sleeveless suit?

Lol. I'm sure it's the sleeveless suit. Classic.

BEAST

pirate4state
12-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Is he going to be interviewing for a life guard position, or just have a sleeveless suit? LOL :clap: I have a mental picture of the guy with the neck brace & mullet dressed in a sleeveless suit. hahahahaha

icu812
12-19-2010, 04:09 PM
If there was a better high school QB playing in Cowboy stadium I didn't see him.

ccmom
12-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Is he going to be interviewing for a life guard position, or just have a sleeveless suit? Haha...exactly! Lots of people have tattoos and some are those you would least expect...just saying:D

Saggy Aggie
12-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by icu812
If there was a better high school QB playing in Cowboy stadium I didn't see him. No, but the one playing at Mansfield was as good of a passer and also the fastest player on the field with some mad running skills.

Pudlugger
12-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Another Fran Tarkinton.

Emerson1
12-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Who wears short sleeves to an interview?

Get over yourself guy.

Dawgdaze
12-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Funny thing is I've been watching him 3 seasons and I never even knew he had those tatoos until I got to see him on the 'big screen' at the Palace in Dallas! But I agree I was raised Mormon when I was younger so I was trained that your body is your temple and you shouldn't desecrate it. Just rubs me the wrong way. Generally speaking it follows character. Just not in this case I don't think.
P.S. - I am also a former Marine and I got stomping drunk but managed to avoid all the peer pressure to get one.

Emerson1
12-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
Funny thing is I've been watching him 3 seasons and I never even knew he had those tatoos until I got to see him on the 'big screen' at the Palace in Dallas! But I agree I was raised Mormon when I was younger so I was trained that your body is your temple and you shouldn't desecrate it. Just rubs me the wrong way. Generally speaking it follows character. Just not in this case I don't think.
P.S. - I am also a former Marine and I got stomping drunk but managed to avoid all the peer pressure to get one.
I don't think getting stomping drunk isn't helping your temple's liver.

coach
12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

lmao

95mustang
12-19-2010, 09:37 PM

:spitlol: :clap: :clap:

ccmom
12-19-2010, 09:41 PM

:fnypost: :fnypost:

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Just rubs me the wrong way. Generally speaking it follows character. .

No it does not in anyway "follow" character

ccmom
12-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
No it does not in anyway "follow" character

I agree. I do think there are stereotypes that some people use regarding tattoos but that happens all the time with all sorts of things in life. I can tell you that most people who discover I have tattoo are shocked. Heck I forget I have it sometimes but I think my "character" is fairly respectable.

Anyway...I thought his were kinda cool. I do think high school kids might be a bit young to decide to get something so permanent, but then again, I was in college when I got mine so I wasn't much older. ;)

M-town lobo fan
12-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Thats why I dont go to the M & G.I have too many tattoos.My character dont fit in :D ..If you had a Tattoos 30 years ago you were considered bad news & thuggish...now these days you aint cool if you dont have one:D You cant tell a good kid from a bad one these days with all the tattoos,piercings and sagging pants..

ccmom
12-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Thats why I dont go to the M & G.I have too many tattoos.My character dont fit in :D ..If you had a Tattoos 30 years ago you were considered bad news & thuggish...now these days you aint cool if you dont have one:D You cant tell a good kid from a bad one these days with all the tattoos,piercings and sagging pants..

Listen, if G2 can get away with wearing a tutu to a meet n greet, your tatts should not be an issue! :D

steerz2010
12-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I am just glad he didnt have one of those arrow thingees on the small of his back so that when he bends down to take the snap you can see it, LOL, what would his runningbacks think of him...

cowboyandchrist
12-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
No, but the one playing at Mansfield was as good of a passer and also the fastest player on the field with some mad running skills.
Morgan is with out a doubt the best passing QB in the state this year. The commentators on fox sports said he was the most accurate passer in any classification. The top recruit scout in the state said on a sports talk show that college coachs across the country saw his performance and will being ringing his phone off the hook. I for one am a believer after watching the last five games he played.

Daddy D 11
12-19-2010, 11:22 PM

So what you are saying is that it's helping his temples liver?

ccmom
12-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
So what you are saying is that it's helping his temples liver? Take it easy on his grammar, you big meanie! It was still funny! :p

orange machine
12-19-2010, 11:27 PM
I saw a few players from Carthage with tattoos.

bobcat1
12-19-2010, 11:27 PM
I got stomping drunk but managed to avoid all the peer pressure to get one. I wasn't able to avoid it. So at 19 at 2:30 one morning I caved after all the tequila was gone. I have one. My mother was not so proud. I wish I was strong like you. LMAO!

hookandladder
12-20-2010, 07:46 AM
I do not know if this is a District policy but in our school a tattoo cannot be visible during a sporting event, it must be covered up. I personnally am not in favor of tattoo's however does not change my opinion about Anthony Morgan. The kid can play, I saw it last year. Someone will give him his shot, Congrats to Carthage.

eaglesfan34
12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Anthony Morgan was by far the best QB that Argyle faced all season. And that includes the QB from Lovejoy who was/is one of the state's top rated and the QB from Sanger who is supposedly a D-1 recruit. His accuracy, his incredible quickness, arm strength, and intelligence were unbelievable and he'll make some college coach look very smart for recruiting him.

bowleghorses
12-20-2010, 08:56 AM
He has his name on the back of his arms so the defender can tell who just scored on them. :D by the way of all the games I watched, Carthage was the most impressive to me...great QB and some receivers with great hands,size ,and speed.

Ex-Tiger2005
12-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
that's what I tell these kids with those big holes in their ears. Nobody is going to give you a job looking like that unless you want to dig ditches or wash dishes.

I had the big holes in my ears too and i work at a bank...its all about personal character. They will learn as they mature.

Ranger Mom
12-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Let's all remember we are talking about a high school kid here!!

Applaud him all you want, but don't turn to the negative talk, it's not allowed and I don't want to have to close this thread!!

Just "another" friendly reminder....even though I said I wasn't going to be nice like that anymore!!

:)

MoveInDad
12-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Well, it might help make his decision easier if he gets a call from A&M, he could just fit a big 'T' between his initials...:D

rolldawgs
12-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Maybe his father will get to see him play more in college, even though he has been on the sidelines of every game. His dad is a defensive coach for Carthage, so he's quite often talking to the defense with his back to the field when Anthony is lighting it up on offense. There must have been times when it was really hard to focus on the task at hand (defense) rather than watch Ant.

Which reminds me, congratulations to the defensive coaching staff for coming up with terrific halftime adjustments (as they did so many times all year) to shut out CS in the second half Friday night.