PDA

View Full Version : Observation

orange machine
12-18-2010, 04:27 PM
This is not meant to be racial, but I noticed that Lake Travis didn't have many if any black players.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I saw one. No different from SLC, Stephenville, or even the majority of Celina's championship teams.
LT is kinda like the Austin verson of Southlake. New, big money that wants to live close enough to commute to Austin everyday, but escape Austin at the same time.

orange machine
12-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I saw one. No different from SLC, Stephenville, or even the majority of Celina's championship teams.
LT is kinda like the Austin verson of Southlake. New, big money that wants to live close enough to commute to Austin everyday, but escape Austin at the same time.
I was thinking the same thing.

Pendragon13
12-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Somebody pointed out the same thing to me when Wylie and Lucas Lovejoy met in the semi's last year.:o

edit- it was for both teams though

Tejastrue
12-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Just shows you that great teams with great players are just that, great teams with great players. It's not about being from the east, west, below the equator, or above the arctic circle. It's about knowing how to play football and how to win and the tradition and history created from that.

Charlie47
12-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Somebody pointed out the same thing to me when Wylie and Lucas Lovejoy met in the semi's last year.:o

edit- it was for both teams though

Hey Pendragon, you will be happy to note that Lovejoy will have a few
minority kids next year, heck we had a few this year!;) However, we will be down next year. Hopefully restocking!;) :clap:

bigwood33
12-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
minority kids next year, heck we had a few this year!;) However, we will be down next year. Hopefully restocking!;) :clap:
One more year in 3A and then it will probably be Rockwall and Royce City for the Leps.

Charlie47
12-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
One more year in 3A and then it will probably be Rockwall and Royce City for the Leps.

I hope ya'll aren't in a hurry to get rid of us!;)

bigwood33
12-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Of course not, I just love the idea of playing teams with 1100+ in high school when we have just over 400. That's fair.

Pendragon13
12-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Of course not, I just love the idea of playing teams with 1100+ in high school when we have just over 400. That's fair. With enrollment that low you guys should be 2A. But yeah, I agree there can be quite a gap in school size at the 3A level.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 09:37 PM
How about a school of 2300 playing one of almost 6,000? That's a couple towns worth of difference in 3a.

bigwood33
12-18-2010, 09:40 PM
When numbers went in we had 458 but the HS principal told me a couple of weeks ago that we have 403. I don't have a beef with the teams in our district, none of them are high growth areas but I do have a beef with the way the the UIL counts kids. I know that they are considering a couple of options and MAY change the method.I think that our Supt, after consulting our AD, voted in a survey distributed by the UIL to change the method. The method he voted for involved taking the 9th and 10th grades enrollment and doubling it to arrive at enrollment numbers for alignment purposes.

Twirling Time
12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I do agree that the senior classes should not be counted when they take the enrollment numbers. Those students will be long gone and will not factor in the next alignment.

nobogey72
12-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47

Hey Charlie, I would try to find another word to use instead of "restocking" !!!! :eek: :eek:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.:D

Charlie47
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Hey Charlie, I would try to find another word to use instead of "restocking" !!!! :eek: :eek:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.:D

OK is reloading better? I didn't know there was special verbage required,
Sorry, nobogey72! Hey have a Merry Christmas!!;)

Ernest T Bass
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Senior classes aren't counted. It's only 9-11.

ronwx5x
12-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Some way or other the total enrollment is adjusted to reflect 4 grades. I'm not sure if they take 3 classes, divide by 3 then multiply by 4 or how they do it, but there are 4 grades taken into account.