PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis; 4 consecutive state titles under 3 different head coaches

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
What a testiment to those kids and that community!

orange machine
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Where these coaches already there or are they new?

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 04:25 PM
I think there's only one who was new this year. When Dicus left after their first one, he took the majority with him and two or three stayed. When Morris came in, he brought the majority of his staff from S'ville with him, who also were the majority of his staff at Bay City(including the current HC, who played for Morris in HS and has only worked for one HC). The only new coach this year that I can think of was on Morris' staff at BC, but didn't go to the Ville with him.
It's amazing the effects that loyalty can have on a program!

orange machine
12-18-2010, 04:29 PM
That's pretty amazing how they just keep winning.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Indeed. No doubt, Henry J didn't change many, if any, things after Morris left. But still, anytime there's a change in leadership there's an adjustment period. Helluva job of those kids to keep it going. Id love to see Aledo vs LT at full strength, now. I kinda think LT would run away with it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2010, 04:53 PM
They would have to be able to stop Aledo's runningback. That kid and the one from LaMarque are two of the best high school runningbacks that I've ever actually witnessed play in a game. (Not saying they're the best ever, just the first I actually got to watch play.)

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
They would have to be able to stop Aledo's runningback. That kid and the one from LaMarque are two of the best high school runningbacks that I've ever actually witnessed play in a game. (Not saying they're the best ever, just the first I actually got to watch play.)

Watching LT's defense today, I'd like to see it. They kept Gray bottled up fairly well when they played in Week 1, just couldn't get much offense going with their QB and a few others missing.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Watching LT's defense today, I'd like to see it. They kept Gray bottled up fairly well when they played in Week 1, just couldn't get much offense going with their QB and a few others missing.

Yeah, but it was also Week 1. LT got better, so did Gray and the Aledo offense. It's only fair to say that they both improved, not just one team.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Yeah, but it was also Week 1. LT got better, so did Gray and the Aledo offense. It's only fair to say that they both improved, not just one team.

Indeed. That's why I'd like to see that game.
Plus, I just really despise Aledo and really do think that LT would run away with it.

Pendragon13
12-18-2010, 06:42 PM
The don't have far to go if they want to take advantage of UT's (or A&M's) football camps...and the parents easily have the money for it. I'm just sayin..;)