PDA

View Full Version : What confuses me about football...

Looking4number8
12-18-2010, 03:20 PM
especially in high school and college games is it is a mans sport but when big plays happen all you hear in the stands is women screaming. Sounds like not a man in the crowd

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2010, 03:24 PM
All the moms

Dawgdaze
12-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Because most men are quite and reserved and actually watch the game. Men only cheer for the best plays. Women cheer for a pass completion even if the reciever gained nothing on the play and was tackled immediately.

RoyceTTU
12-18-2010, 05:41 PM
This year was my wife's first year to really get involved. She knows very little of the rules and barely can tell when we make a good play. A couple of times she yelled for the opposing team:doh: :doh: :doh: It cracks me up everytime, she's a great sport when we tease her about it. She is getting better:D :D :D

Looking4number8
12-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
This year was my wife's first year to really get involved. She knows very little of the rules and barely can tell when we make a good play. A couple of times she yelled for the opposing team:doh: :doh: :doh: It cracks me up everytime, she's a great sport when we tease her about it. She is getting better:D :D :D

A couple of years ago we were sitting by a couple and the woman was a fan but with no football knowledge. We had to laugh at here when the defense tackled our running back by the jersy and she was yelling at the ref "That's holding!!"

ccmom
12-18-2010, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Old Dog
12-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Remember the photo of the Southern Cal cheerleader yelling for a UT player during the National Championship game of 2005. Funny as hell............

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Gotta be careful about that. Mine was clueless at first. Know she's a freakin' expert. She'll go to war with any idiot in the stands that starts bad-mouthing too bad, but once I get home, it's "what were you thinking on this play?", and "why would you call that?". Ugh!

bigwood33
12-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Gotta be careful about that. Mine was clueless at first. Know she's a freakin' expert. She'll go to war with any idiot in the stands that starts bad-mouthing too bad, but once I get home, it's "what were you thinking on this play?", and "why would you call that?". Ugh!
That's funny! I don't even sit with my wife at games. She, like most hens, doesn't really watch the game. She visits the whole time and then when something big does happen, or there is a penalty, she asks me what happened or what the penalty is about. It drives me crazy! That and the "get him, get him", screams every time an opposing player is running in space. That just kills me!

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
That's funny! I don't even sit with my wife at games. She, like most hens, doesn't really watch the game. She visits the whole time and then when something big does happen, or there is a penalty, she asks me what happened or what the penalty is about. It drives me crazy! That and the "get him, get him", screams every time an opposing player is running in space. That just kills me!

Oh yeah, lots of "get him!" yells from her. But, the best one was when a dad was talking about what an idiot I was for the plays I was calling. She finally walked up to him and said "Since you know so much more, why don't you go down there and coach so he can come sit with me, b/c Im cold!".

LoboesWT
12-18-2010, 10:08 PM

My wife has already progressed to head coach/offensive coordinator/defensive coordinator status. An answer for everything!!

shamu85
12-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33

+1

My oldest daughter is a freshman this year and on the freshman dance team. They all had to take a "class" to learn things like what first down was.