PDA

View Full Version : Jasper looking for new HC/AD

waterboy
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
I just read this on smoaky:

After weeks of speculation, Mike Bickham has resigned as the head football coach at Jasper High School. Bickham informed his players of his decision earlier this afternoon.

Bickham told Smoaky.com, "I have absolutely loved my two years here in Jasper but it's time for me to get back to my family in Carthage. My wife Gretchen has been incredibly loyal and supportive while I continued my career and although I will coach again, I need to get back to where she is in Carthage. I want to be where they expect to win, and they do here in Jasper and we didn't get the job done in 2010, but they will be back."

Jasper suffered through a 2-8 season in 2010 and was 10-11 in Bickham's two years as head coach.

Bickham is 63-35 overall in stops at Tenaha, Brookshire-Royal, Carthage and Jasper.

Good luck in your search, Bulldogs. I'm sure y'all will find a good one.

Ernest T Bass
12-17-2010, 04:24 PM
That'll get a little interest!! WOW!

buckeyebob
12-18-2010, 06:25 AM
I bet this means that Surratt is Bye Bye & new guy is in place....spread the rumor.

oldtownag
12-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
I bet this means that Surratt is Bye Bye & new guy is in place....spread the rumor.

Coach Surratt is not going anywhere. However, the Gilmer job might be opening up. :D Really, Coach Bickham will not be returning to Coach Carthage.

JasperDog94
12-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Now that he's gone I can finally say he was a terrible coach and an even worse role model. I put his character about even with Jack Alvarez, and that's not a good thing. We don't need this kind of guy around our kids.

Beware out there, those of you who are looking for a coach. If you are looking for someone to unify a team, you'd best to look elsewhere.

I'm glad Jasper is moving on without him.:)

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Coach Surratt is not going anywhere. However, the Gilmer job might be opening up. :D Really, Coach Bickham will not be returning to Coach Carthage.

Maybe as an assistant?

oldtownag
12-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Maybe as an assistant?

Let's just say I don't think he will coach at Carthage again.

Ernest T Bass
12-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Id like to know what's so bad about Bickham(and Alvarez). I dont know either of them but I know they've both done some winning, so Im curious. Feel free to PM me.

JasperDog94
12-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Id like to know what's so bad about Bickham(and Alvarez). I dont know either of them but I know they've both done some winning, so Im curious. Feel free to PM me. Let's just say that I wouldn't want either of them coaching my child. Neither is a good role model for kids (IMO). Bickham did some things that he shouldn't have (that's all I'll say on a message board) and alienated much of the coaching staff.

I feel for this year's seniors. They weren't even given a chance due to the situation they were in.

j_dog
12-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I hope they FINALLY get it right this time! The story is that the freshman class was LOADED this year. It is going to be a heck of an opportunity for someone. They usually get about 50 applications I think it has been in the past. Might be 100 this time! :D