PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Coach Accused of Inappropriate Relationship with Student

CHS_CG
12-17-2010, 01:26 PM
A Central Texas coach is charged with having an inappropriate relationship with a student.
Posted: 10:07 PM Dec 16, 2010
Reporter: KWTX & KBTX Staff
Email Address: news@kbtx.com
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Rockdale_Coach_Accused_of_Inappropriate_Relationsh ip_with_Student_112044674.html

A Central Texas High School coach was free on bond Thursday night, hours after he was arrested and charged with having an improper relationship with a Rockdale independent School District student.

A Rockdale police investigator said Chris Taylor, 31, confessed to having a relationship with an 18-year-old female student after his arrest.

The investigator said police were notified on Tuesday, after Rockdale ISD launched an investigation after several students approached administrators with rumors about the alleged relationship. Police say the relationship started in mid-September and lasted through the first week in December.

"He confessed to everything." the investigator said.

On Thursday night, Rockdale ISD posted a statement on its website.

"A Rockdale High School employee has resigned following a combined district and law enforcement investigation concerning allegations of misconduct with a student." Superintendent Dr. Howell Wright wrote.

"This individual will no longer be on any Rockdale ISD campus." he said.

"Rockdale ISD staff has also continued to collaborate with police officials in their ongoing investigation, and law enforcement will continue to keep the district appraised of their progress as needed." Wright said.

Taylor could not be reached for comment. Taylor played on the Texas A&M football team, and played for the Houston Texans. In 2001, he was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 7th round.

Rockdale Police Chief Thomas Harris tells News 3 that even though the student is 18-years-old there is a state law that prohibits teachers from having sexual relationships with students, regardless of their age.

Taylor remains free after posting $6,000 bond.

Ernest T Bass
12-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Ahhh hell....

LoboesWT
12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Ahhh hell....
When will they ever learn?

YTBulldogs
12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I bet alot more of that goes on.

Ernest T Bass
12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

I dont. Maybe in the pre-technology revolution days, but I bet today that every single case gets reported and a few are falsified or exaggerated. In todays world of cell phone cameras, facebook, and civil lawyers, educators can't get away with anything. Can't be a dummy and last long in this profession. But, as they say, it's still undefeated.
Ive always been told by the old timers; if she's good enough to risk your career on, she's worth waiting until June.

BaseballUmp
12-17-2010, 02:33 PM

I do too

ccmom
12-17-2010, 02:47 PM

Ive always been told by the old timers; if she's good enough to risk your career on, she's worth waiting until June.

Precisely!! :doh:

Ex-Tiger2005
12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Did anyone hear about the coach from Morton?

Ernest T Bass
12-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Did anyone hear about the coach from Morton?

Yep, Im not buying it. Ive met that guy. He played for the Chicago Bears. If he grabs a 6th grader, that 6th grader's not gonna knock his hands off.

Ex-Tiger2005
12-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Yep, Im not buying it. Ive met that guy. He played for the Chicago Bears. If he grabs a 6th grader, that 6th grader's not gonna knock his hands off.

They showed the kid on the news but idk it just didnt add up. But he did have bruises already.

theville
12-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Bet you it came from HOME.

Ernest T Bass
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
He's also not gonna look that coach in the face, while he has a hold of his collar, and say "Im not scared of you".

LIONS#1
12-17-2010, 04:20 PM
He's also not gonna look that coach in the face, while he has a hold of his collar, and say "Im not scared of you".

Sounds fabricated to me!!! The kid has some problems...at Home for sure!

BreckTxLonghorn
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM

I heard there was cell phone video to corraborate (sp) the information?

We don't get much reporting of it down here so I just heard about it on 3ADL; thereforec I don't know much. But it would seem the video would be the smoking gun on whether it was true or not.

Ernest T Bass
12-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Indeed. There is an ongoing investigation. If there was video evidence, I would think that would conclude the investigation.

HEMOTOXIC
12-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Is this the same Chris Taylor who played at Madisonville?

CHS_CG
12-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

It's possible. All it says is he went to A&M and played for the Texans. It is very sad somebody who is supposed to be a role model to kids can't keep it in his pants!

Ernest T Bass
12-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
It's possible. All it says is he went to A&M and played for the Texans. It is very sad somebody who is supposed to be a role model to kids can't keep it in his pants!

Still undefeated!

navscanmaster
12-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC

Yep. He graduated in 97 and was a senior the year the Rattlers went 12-1.

LoboesWT
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM

Grandfalls-Royalty HC/AD (six man), same charge and has already admitted to it as well this past month. Subsequently resigned.

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/grandfalls-7453-arrested-royalty.html