PDA

View Full Version : I told you so ...dem Mules (sigh)

Da Mules
09-12-2003, 10:21 PM
posted July 29, 2003 08:48 P.M.
Well, I'm still quite surprised to see Muleshoe ranked 7th in Region 1 pre-season. I hope somebody knows something I don't...I keep saying the pollsters are a year too early on this young team. 2-3A is currently a weak district. Some of the Mule faithful would like to see a little tougher pre-season schedule. We are all hoping that the Mules have got back the kick they had in 2000.
Slaton has a new coach (V Kilmer, formerly the fire-eating defensive coordinator at Muleshoe.) I predict that the 31-game Slaton Slide bottoms out this year, and turns the corner in the next 2.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, if there was any doubt about Muleshoe being in the upper echelons of Region 1 this year, the question was settled by tonight's butt-kicking at the hands of a fairly mediocore 2A Shallowater team. I don't know what the coaching staff did to prepare the team for such a "stellar" homecoming event. It was heartbreaking to see these kids fall apart like this. :confused: This was a repeat of the totally uninspired performances against Brownfield & Dimmitt last year.
On the positive side, the two sophomores starters had a good outing, and the Muleshoe JV team continues to roll, baby!! I still have high hopes for the next two years. :D
But this year is gonna be tough...Slaton may well break their losing streak when they play Muleshoe if tonight's trend continues.

xlr8tor
09-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Surely the Mules can beat Slaton, I mean, you and I could probably beat Slaton. Just my take.

Da Mules
09-12-2003, 11:03 PM
What kind of season is it when your only sure-fire win is against Slaton??? :D

xlr8tor
09-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Too bad the Mules couldn't have scheduled a cross state pre-district game against us, Kountze. That would make it two sure wins. The football here stinks worse than a 2 week old dead skunk in a landfill. Just my take.

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: xlr8tor ]</small>

Da Mules
09-13-2003, 09:52 AM
No thanks. last time we drove 500 miles east for a football game, we took a big time a-whooping (from Forney.)
The sophomore kids might be ready to make that trip next year tho

Ranger Mom
09-13-2003, 11:12 AM
[/QUOTE]Well, if there was any doubt about Muleshoe being in the upper echelons of Region 1 this year, the question was settled by tonight's butt-kicking at the hands of a fairly mediocore 2A Shallowater team.QB][/QUOTE]

As a fan of another team that has played Shallowater, I have to disagree. I thought they were a very good team!

Da Mules
09-13-2003, 01:02 PM
I didn't see that they had anything special but a slippery QB with a good arm, who doubles as a very good DB, and a couple receivers who can catch the ball. The rest of the bunch was pretty so-so, but will admit they looked extra good against the poor ole Mules last night.