PDA

View Full Version : Soldier Impaled by A Live Round

ronwx5x
12-14-2010, 08:50 PM
This video is a a bit long and graphic. I can only imagine the bravery of the people who risked their lives to save a fellow soldier. Could you do it? Certainly makes you proud of our soldiers.

Subject: One Hell of a Video

I am sure you all will be amazed at what you are about to see. You all know that a "RPG" is a rocket propelled grenade.

" Read before clicking on link below: The story is about Channing Moss, who was impaled by a live RPG during a Taliban ambush while on patrol.
Army protocol says that medivac choppers are never to carry anyone with a live round in him.
Even though they feared it could explode, the flight crew said damn the protocol and flew him to the nearest aid station.
Again, protocol said that in such a case the patient is to be put in a sandbagged area away from the surgical unit,
given a shot of morphine and left to wait (and die) until others are treated. Again, the medical team ignored the
protocol. Here's a short video put together by the Military Times, which includes actual footage of the surgery
where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point, removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) team. Moss has undergone
six operations but is doing well at home in Gainesville , GA. I think you'll find the video absolutely remarkable.

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/rpg_surgery/

SHSBulldog00
12-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Incredible story. Dr. OH and everyone involved in saving Channing Moss deserve an incredible amount of gratitude for their efforts. God Bless the Troops!!!!!

MUSTANG69
12-15-2010, 07:55 AM
What can you say about a story like this. There were a lot of heroes that day including Channing Moss.

LionFan72
12-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Absolute incredible story, and thank you to every man in uniform for the unselfish devotion that makes you!