PDA

View Full Version : Please List kids Who should have made the All State List

ehatch
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Alvarado-
Tyler Bates - DB and Rec.
Remon Hemphill - Nose Guard (one of the best in the State)
Chance Means - Rec.
AJ Castillo - DE
Zach Ripley - RB
Kenny West - QB (soph)

These are all kids from Alvarado that I thought played very well and thought might have deserved a mention on an All-State Team.

Please list your kids You thought deserved a mention.

Maybe the 3A downlow will put together an All State list.

Gsquared
12-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by ehatch
Alvarado-
Tyler Bates - DB and Rec.
Remon Hemphill - Nose Guard (one of the best in the State)
Chance Means - Rec.
AJ Castillo - DE
Zach Ripley - RB
Kenny West - QB (soph)

These are all kids from Alvarado that I thought played very well and thought might have deserved a mention on an All-State Team.

Maybe the 3A downlow will put together an All State list.
:doh:

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
:doh:

Gonna be one hellava list, G2....:D

pirate4state
12-14-2010, 03:47 PM
As it is too many little Johnnies on the list. Just give everyone a blue ribbon and be done with it!

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Not from out Team, but Lee Clubb from Iowa Park, I didn't see his name. He was a monstor.

BEAST
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Not from out Team, but Lee Clubb from Iowa Park, I didn't see his name. He was a monstor.

That aint no lie.

BEAST

Gsquared
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Well, we ARE in the soccar mom age where all kids have to be winners and told how great they are. There are 22 positions to fill for all state teams. Think we need to make it 122 ?

Looking4number8
12-14-2010, 03:52 PM

I sure agree with that and as much as I hate to add another Brownwood player, I was surprised not to see Longoria on the defense, only as a punter...

waterboy
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
We should probably list ALL starters on all 189 teams in 3A.

:thinking: 22 players per team X 189 teams = 4,158 players (although some players go both ways - these should be mentioned twice;) )

Sorry if there should be some non-starters on the team, but there's only room for the starters.......:doh:

ccmom
12-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Well, we ARE in the soccar mom age where all kids have to be winners and told how great they are. There are 22 positions to fill for all state teams. Think we need to make it 122 ?

Now wait a minute....some of us "soccer moms" holler "take him out" when our own kid isn't playing well. I mean...I've heard that some do that! :devil: :D

44INAROW

let's add the cheerleaders too :D

pirate4state
Originally posted by waterboy

:thinking: 22 players per team X 189 teams = 4,158 players (although some players go both ways - these should be mentioned twice;) )

Sorry if there should be some non-starters on the team, but there's only room for the starters.......:doh: I think the trainers should be included too. They do a lot.

Gsquared
Originally posted by waterboy

Sorry if there should be some non-starters on the team, but there's only room for the starters.......:doh:
All non starters get 2nd team All State. JV, they get honorable mention.

pirate4state
12-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
let's add the cheerleaders too :D DUDE!!! I swear I was just going to add that to my post, but then I remembered that it seems every cheerleader is "All American" these days. :rolleyes:

waterboy
12-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Now wait a minute....some of us "soccer moms" holler "take him out" when our own kid isn't playing well. I mean...I've heard that some do that! :devil: :D
It's all about WINNING, ain't it?:clap:

Gsquared
12-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Your a soccer mom from Abilene, you dont fit the mold im talkin about. I mean the transplanted yankee texans of the metroplex, those soccer moms!

ccmom
12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Your a soccer mom from Abilene, you dont fit the mold im talkin about. I mean the transplanted yankee texans of the metroplex, those soccer moms!

Yeah...around here when our kids ask "Why didn't we get a trophy?", the answer is "Because you stunk it up!! If you are looking for sympathy you better go to Daddy!!":devil:

Again...that's just what I hear...:p

Gsquared
12-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah...around here when our kids ask "Why didn't we get a trophy?", the answer is "Because you stunk it up!! If you are looking for sympathy you better go to Daddy!!":devil:

Again...that's just what I hear...:p
:eek:

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Buncha hard butts---you're all going to get lumps of coal in your stockings. :D

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Again...that's just what I hear...:p Do you ear them off the field like my Mom or Dad did? http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7294/88692253.png

Gsquared
12-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Buncha hard butts---you're all going to get lumps of coal in your stockings. :D
I dont wear stocking anymore bull!

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
DUDE!!! I swear I was just going to add that to my post, but then I remembered that it seems every cheerleader is "All American" these days. :rolleyes:

GMTA :)
oh and 44 is a DUDE? :D :D

ccmom
12-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Do you ear them off the field like my Mom or Dad did? http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7294/88692253.png

Haha....nah. Once they hear "Whose kid is THAT?" a time or two, they straighten up and fly right!:thumbsup:

When in doubt....humiliation always works! :devil:

:D ;)

Gsquared
12-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Haha....nah. Once they hear "Whose kid is THAT?" a time or two, they straighten up and fly right!:thumbsup:

:D ;)
humiliation, thats kinda hot

wimbo_pro
12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

oh and 44 is a DUDE? :D :D

hahahahaha

defense51
12-14-2010, 04:30 PM

:D ;) no kidding! My mom was a master at humiliation:o

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by defense51
no kidding! My mom was a master at humiliation:o Yep mine too. Dad was a master of the runnin "U"s on your legs the next day when you were changing in the locker room in junior high. :ack!:

bigwood33
12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Ditto that! That guy is a stud but more of an all purpose player...some QB, some RB, some WR. That may have worked against him.

Tejastrue
12-14-2010, 04:42 PM

Welcome to "Namby-Pamby land." :nerd:

rangerjoe33
12-14-2010, 04:54 PM
I played in 2A twenty years ago, but my alma mater made it to the playoffs in 3A a couple years ago and I was there to cheer for them. Can I get on the 3A All State list? I cheered really loud, most of the time, I was referred to as a sleeper...maybe Hon. Mention?

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I played in 2A twenty years ago, but my alma mater made it to the playoffs in 3A a couple years ago and I was there to cheer for them. Can I get on the 3A All State list? I cheered really loud, most of the time, I was referred to as a sleeper...maybe Hon. Mention? http://www.kidscanhavefun.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/CheerleadingChampionAward.png

lostaussie
12-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ehatch

Maybe the 3A downlow will put together an All State list. evidently nobody wants to play...............try again tomorrow:D

rangerjoe33
12-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Based on this formula you would have been All-World in tennis G...

Ex-Tiger2005
12-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Garrett Smith, CB, Snyder

bigwood33
12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
There are way too many jackwagons on this thread. The guy who started the thread is just a coach who doesn't think that his kids were fairly represented on the AP All State Team. Why belittle him. We certainly have discussed more trivial things in the past. We also award a 3ADL Player of the Week so these types of things are discussed on a regular basis. We could certainly create a 3ADL All State team. Players could be nominated and stats provided. Then a poll could be posted to allow the members to vote on who they believe belong.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
There are way too many jackwagons on this thread. The guy who started the thread is just a coach who doesn't think that his kids were fairly represented on the AP All State Team. Why belittle him. We certainly have discussed more trivial things in the past. We also award a 3ADL Player of the Week so these types of things are discussed on a regular basis. We could certainly create a 3ADL All State team. Players could be nominated and stats provided. Then a poll could be posted to allow the members to vote on who they believe belong.

Don't call me a Jackwagon, you turdburgler :D :D :D

I did make an attempt, I wanted to see what others would nominate. Clubb really impressed me. I couldn't believe he wasn't even HM.

rangerjoe33
12-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes, I am A jackwagon, don't get your feelings so hurt...I don't think anyone was belittling anyone. Having a little honest fun...

A 3ADownlow All-State team woul be cool but it needs a little more endorsement to be taken seriously...I mean the OP has 8 posts...total. If someone else who was a little more involved on the DL regularly had posted that it probably wouldn't have gone in the direction it did.

Lighten up Francis.

bigwood33
12-14-2010, 05:43 PM

I did make an attempt, I wanted to see what others would nominate.
Yes you did...you are not a jackwagon and I am not a....what you called me:p

kaorder1999
12-14-2010, 05:54 PM
eHatch....you have to look as to whether or not they were nominated, which im guessing they probably werent! Keep in mind the AP ALl-State Team takes REGULAR SEASON ONLY into consideration. The TSWA All-State team released later taked post season into consideration!

rykerx144
12-14-2010, 06:00 PM
a 3adownlow All State Team????? LOL thats hilarious
do you know what a mess that would be?

1st Team Allstate Offense and DefenseBrownwood starters

2nd Team Allstate Offense and Defense Brownwood starters

3rd Team Allstate the rest of the Brownwood team

Honorable mention: Brownwood 8th Grade tied with Celina Varsity!

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Maestro--a little travelin' music if you please---and awaaaaaaay we go! :D :(

Tejastrue
12-14-2010, 06:14 PM

Sorry, the manner in which it was posted/presented was not like any "Football Coach" I've ever heard trying to get his message/point across. I think this may be why it was not taken very seriously. Had some hard stats been included, this might have helped the cause, otherwise it's just homerism. No offense, just my opinion.

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
I think the guy was trying to be sincere on this thread and his other one. I think we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt as a new poster who maybe doesn't like to type a lot until we see if he is a kid, or just fooling around.

AP Panther Fan
12-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I think we ought to give him the benefit of the doubt as a new poster

yeah, right....:evillol:

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
yeah, right....:evillol:

You been using P4S's glass again? :D

AP Panther Fan
12-14-2010, 06:32 PM
You been using P4S's glass again? :D

yep, it is contagious, no doubt.... ;)

AngeloState39
12-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144

Honorable mention: Brownwood 8th Grade tied with Celina Varsity! this kid never lets up.

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
this kid never lets up. Who?

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by AngeloState39
this kid never lets up. We can add ONE Bridgeport player to the list :D

LIONS#1
12-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144

Honorable mention: Brownwood 8th Grade tied with Celina Varsity!
You forgot the Brownwood Coaching Staff:confused:

Our Bus Drivers should be considered as well!!!:nerd: :nerd:

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1
You forgot the Brownwood Coaching Staff:confused:

Our Bus Drivers should be considered as well!!!:nerd: :nerd: Is there a McDonalds in Brownwood? If so they deserve to be on the list for serving over 1 billion people!

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Don't forget the doctors and pharmacies. I'm sure there was a big run on anti-depressants Monday morning.:p

buckeyebob
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by defense51
no kidding! My mom was a master at humiliation:o

MIne was the Master of the Pinch...depending on which way she twisted dictated wheather you went to your toes or your knees.

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
MIne was the Master of the Pinch...depending on which way she twisted dictated wheather you went to your toes or your knees. And if it was in Church you better not make a sound.:eek:

rykerx144
12-14-2010, 08:19 PM
nah Im just being sarcastic now. Im over the whole Brownwood thing. I made my point, no one listened, and I moved on. Aint that how life works??

buffalo2006
12-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Rodney Schneider from Giddings dominated LaRaven Clark, Tech commit and 6'7 330, in the Rockdale game and the rest of D-23. Pushed who he wanted to and may of not given up a sack, but with Giddings if you give up a sack thats probably one fifth of their passing plays for the season

Inmateboss
12-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
That aint no lie.

BEAST

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: Lee Clubb is a Total STUD!!!

sinfan75
12-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Carson Cave. Percentage-wise not great but I don't think too many teams woulda passed him up for a starter at QB. VERY accurate passer.

pirate4state
12-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Carson Cave. Percentage-wise not great but I don't think too many teams woulda passed him up for a starter at QB. VERY accurate passer. He did make the all state team though :p

slpybear the bullfan
12-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Maestro--a little travelin' music if you please---and awaaaaaaay we go! :D :(

I was thinking of the Benny Hill Theme myself!

:D

slpybear the bullfan
12-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
We can add ONE Bridgeport player to the list :D

Nope. At least 6. No... 17.

:)

Seriously, not sure where Gabe Huerta will end up in all district, etc. But the kid has crazy fast speed and great downfield vision. Soph this year and you will hear about him next year I hope.

LionFan72
12-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Don't forget the doctors and pharmacies. I'm sure there was a big run on anti-depressants Monday morning.:p

Done run out, said they shipped all theirs to some depressed crappie fisherman in Celina back in October, goober!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RoyceTTU
12-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Nope. At least 6. No... 17.

:)

Seriously, not sure where Gabe Huerta will end up in all district, etc. But the kid has crazy fast speed and great downfield vision. Soph this year and you will hear about him next year I hope.

He was good. What year is he? I forgot about him?

bobcat1
12-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Done run out, said they shipped all theirs to some depressed crappie fisherman in Celina back in October, goober!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D