PDA

View Full Version : any 3-3A scrimmage reports..

down-n-dirty
08-18-2002, 09:14 PM
just wondering how any of the teams scrimmaging in district 3-3A did this weekend...

Big Tarp 74
08-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Port Isabel was at home against Edouch Elsa. Edouch is a 4A powerhouse in the RGV. The final was EE 3 and PI 1, but as for the action, I would say it was very close. PI was much more aggressive. They realy hit EE. On the other hand EE stoped PI's running game. I was a bit supprise, that PI could hang with them. They were very big. EE had two huge linebackers with speed. However it was PI speed EE had to worrie about. It seem that PI could catch them at will. EE is a senoir ball club, PI is a very young ball club, with no linebacker experence. I just shocked that EE could not rackup points. Maybe, PI was better than EE expected. On one play PI ripped a huge hole in the EE defensive line, that was larger than 25 yards. Never could figure out what caused such a large hole to develope. Both EE linebackers went flowing toward the sideline. My son tells me that EE did not know which way to handle that play. It cause EE to become very reserve on defense. They were worried it could happen again. Even some of the scouts, were not quite sure what happen. It appeared that the PI offensive line just pushed EE defensive line right out of the way. Even the PI quarterback, was supprised. He started to dancy arround, trying to make up his mine, weather to run or pass.

roadblock
08-19-2002, 09:23 PM
What district is PI in?

SintonFan
08-19-2002, 09:31 PM
Big Tarp 74, he wasn't asking for any 3-A reports. He was asking for district 3 reports. LOL...

Big Tarp 74
08-20-2002, 09:25 AM
I am sorry, my fault.

Big Tarp 74
08-20-2002, 09:29 AM
We are in district 32-3A. I am sorry, when I saw this posting it was late. I just misread it.

Originally posted by roadblock:
What district is PI in?

SintonFan
08-20-2002, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, just thought you should know.

Swarm 51
08-23-2002, 01:10 AM
Gatesville Hornets scored two TD's to the Marlin Bulldog's one tonight. Marlin has potential and speed, but seems to be lacking discipline in some areas. In a scrimmage with Groesbeck this past Saturday the Hornets scored two TDs. Groesbeck was unable to get into the end zone.