PDA

View Full Version : Keenum to be proffesional college qb

BOCEPHUS
12-14-2010, 12:58 PM
It was forever ago when i stood at field level and watch this kid hang 48 points on us one cold november day. BUT THAT WAS FOREVER AGO.

HOPE HE GETS IT, JUST HARD TO BELEIVE HE COULD STILL PLAY ANOTHER YEAR OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Houston asks for sixth year for Keenum
December, 14, 2010 Dec 1412:41PM ETEmail Print Comments By Andrea AdelsonHouston has formally appealed to the NCAA for a sixth year for quarterback Case Keenum, who tore his ACL in the third game of the season and missed the rest of the year.

Generally, the NCAA only grants an extra year of eligibility if a player has lost two seasons because of injury or circumstances under his control. Keenum did redshirt his freshman year, and Houston is going to have to try and prove he did so because he had an injury. As I wrote when Keenum first got hurt against UCLA in September, the NCAA does consider each appeal on a case by case basis. This is a quick list of players I came up with who had their appeals approved and denied.

When Keenum last spoke to reporters in October, he did not give out a timetable for when he would be recovered. If his appeal is denied, he would be eligible for the NFL draft, but it is unclear whether he would be able to work out for scouts or at the NFL combine. Keenum had been regarded as a mid-to-late NFL draft pick before the injury. If he goes into the draft, then his injury could have a big impact on his status.

Backup Cotton Turner, who also sustained a season-ending injury against UCLA, would return and be in the fold to start for Houston.

Though Keenum has been regarded as a system quarterback, he is smart, accurate and poised. If he returns to school, then he would have another year to hone his skills and try to shed the system label that has dogged him the last two seasons. Plus, he would resume his quest to become the NCAA career passing leader.

Ernest T Bass
12-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Kid's gonna be drawing social security when he graduates.

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

Kinda like Bo Scaife at UT? :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Kinda like Bo Scaife at UT? :thinking:

LOL and Jordan Shipley..They both retired from UT instead of graduated LOL

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL and Jordan Shipley..They both retired from UT instead of graduated LOL

lol.............

BOCEPHUS
12-14-2010, 02:40 PM
He wants 6 college seasons, some guys are done in 3!

TheDOCTORdre
12-14-2010, 05:02 PM
who was the Texas basketball player that was there forever?

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Maybe he thinks after watching Cam Newton, NCAA pays better :doh: :doh: :doh:

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

I can assure you it won't be there by the time he's eligible. Even if it is, the retirement age for full benefits for those becoming "seniors" in mid-century will be at least 80.

STANG RED
12-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Keenum is a great young man, and a great qb that is capable of doing anything asked of him at that position. Kid could run the triple option to perfection, if thats the system he played in. Hate to see that system qb lable put on him. Whatever is best for him, is what I hope he gets. He deserves a legit shot at being all he can be imo.

ccmom
12-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Keenum is a great young man, and a great qb that is capable of doing anything asked of him at that position. Kid could run the triple option to perfection, if thats the system he played in. Hate to see that system qb lable put on him. Whatever is best for him, is what I hope he gets. He deserves a legit shot at being all he can be imo. :clap: :clap: