PDA

View Full Version : All State Team 3a Apse All-state MERGED

ehatch
12-14-2010, 10:46 AM
How in the world does Alvarado not get one kid on this all-state team?

pancho villa
12-14-2010, 10:56 AM
0 for State semi-finalist West Columbia

AngeloState39
12-14-2010, 11:00 AM
where is it?!

baseballcoach13
12-14-2010, 11:00 AM
http://www.kens5.com/sports/111849324.html

warpath
12-14-2010, 11:04 AM
sometimes coaches don't nominate their players.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah, brownwood faired well. They deserved it. Played well all year. :clap: :clap: :clap:

baseballcoach13
12-14-2010, 11:07 AM
they should have just named the whole Bwood team all state and had a non bwood all state team. Not saying their kids didnt deserve the accolades, but you have two semi finals teams with 0 kids on the list...

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Congrats to Cuero's Tanner Hoffman :clap: and Gonzales' Landon Lock...

— TANNER HOFFMAN, Cuero, Sr. -- 169 tackles, 14 TFL, 1 INT, 1 fumble caused

— LANDON LOCK, Gonzales, Jr. -- 151 tackles, 23 TFL, 4 fumbles caused, 3 fumbles recovered, 2 blocked PATs, 1 blocked punt

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
they should have just named the whole Bwood team all state and had a non bwood all state team. Not saying their kids didnt deserve the accolades, but you have two semi finals teams with 0 kids on the list...

To be honest, I don't know the other teams. All-State teams have a lot to do with stats, and Brownwood had big stats this year so it helped.

I almost fell over when I started reading then stats, then realized this is compiled from regular season stats only.

If I remember correctly, the voting goes on before playoffs, so if these 2 teams you refer to peaked after the playoffs started, it would be easy to dismiss them.

trojandad
12-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by warpath
sometimes coaches don't nominate their players.

and sometimes sports editors don't research.....kinda like the chronicle writer, kahn, who had cleveland ranked higher than us as late as the 7th game in the season in his city wide rankings of houston...i'm sure he was looking for a comeback out of them, they only had a 1-6 record at the time....(do they even get out of bed before they write this stuff?)

ehatch
12-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Tyler Bates 11 ints (2 returned for touchdowns) I dont think they went on stats....he has led the state in interceptions the last 2 years.

pancho villa
12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
On some of these teams only one guy must make all the tackles. I wonder who counts them?

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ehatch
Tyler Bates 11 ints (2 returned for touchdowns) I dont think they went on stats....he has led the state in interceptions the last 2 years.

Usually most complaints are fueled by strictly homerism, but in the case of Tyler Bates, I agree this was a glaring error.

Mpiratefan_2009
12-14-2010, 11:20 AM
1 kid from Carthage, and none from Henderson, or Chapel Hill, or West Colombia, or Wimberley, or Navarro, or a host of other great teams in the state of Texas. I don't understand it?? And a total of around 10 kids from Brownwood, plus both players of the year? You should probably win state if you have that many good kids!! Our running back at Mathis had 1,950 rushing, 500 Receiving, and 30 Td's, Stats better then any running back on the list, and he gets honorable mention cause some coach mentioned his name? Come on if it is based off stats, like the Brownwood posters are arguing, then how do you argue with that.???

ccmom
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
It seems like there are posts such as this every year at this time. Just saying...

And, by the way, those are some impressive stats you listed!! :clap:

Ernest T Bass
12-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Like I said, Bwd got tons of publicity and fanfare. Carthage has been very quiet while winning the last two titles and fielding a much better team that Bwd this year. This made no sense to me.
But, the all state teams are about publicity.

db1980
12-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Mpiratefan_2009
1 kid from Carthage, and none from Henderson, or Chapel Hill, or West Colombia, or Wimberley, or Navarro, or a host of other great teams in the state of Texas. I don't understand it?? And a total of around 10 kids from Brownwood, plus both players of the year? You should probably win state if you have that many good kids!! Our running back at Mathis had 1,950 rushing, 500 Receiving, and 30 Td's, Stats better then any running back on the list, and he gets honorable mention cause some coach mentioned his name? Come on if it is based off stats, like the Brownwood posters are arguing, then how do you argue with that.???

The AP Sports Editors are heavily represented in the DFW region as well as around Houston. You typically see East Texas poorly represented on these lists.

However this was done before the playoffs ever started. At that time Brownwood was #1 and had gawdy stats.

trojandad
12-14-2010, 11:26 AM
i'm sure glad ford from k'ville got his dues, he was a really good back this year....

so sorry for cummings, though, to have more stats than anyone on the first team yet settle for honorable mention is ridiculous....will have to settle for a shot at the whole magilla, buddy.....

Mpiratefan_2009
12-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah I guess y'all are right, that's just a bunch of kids from 1 school, and I think it could have been better represented and spread out. I understand they were good, but so are many other teams.

91 lion
12-14-2010, 11:30 AM

Who from Brownwood is arguing anything? In my brief scan of the list, I saw Carthage kid(s) and Chapel Hill. Didn't look closely at the others, but I bet there were some there.

As for you RB, sounds like he had a great year, but you cant argue with the backs that were chosen.

As for the Brownwood kids. They were on the doorstep of playing this weekend for the SC. Things just didn't go their way, and Carthage did what they had to do.....but ask anyone that palyed us (including Carthage) and they will let you know that
we were for real.

Mpiratefan_2009
12-14-2010, 11:32 AM
If it is based off stats, the 1st team should be the most productive kids in those positions, followed by the 2nd team with the next most productive kids at that position. Are you telling me that's how those kids got those spots? I think it is great for the kids who received the awards, but there were many other kids that deserved them too, with better stats. Everyone said they are based on your stats.

rykerx144
12-14-2010, 11:35 AM
I dont see how Aaron Breed didnt make it on either team. Thats ridulous!

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 11:35 AM
I am so sad Trent Jackson isn't on the list (darn season ending injury early in the season) but if things go right with his rehab - I hope to see his name on the list next year.. This is his from his Sophomore year..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-6R_SGuP8Q

Mpiratefan_2009
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Oh come on here we go again with how good Brownwood is/was! I know they were good, who is arguing that? I'm arguing 10+ kids from 1 team on the 1st and 2nd team, that didn't even win state!! I know one thing that is "for real", you put 2 players of the years, and another 10 all state football players on 1 team, you should win state hands down!

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh come on here we go again with how good Brownwood is/was! I know they were good, who is arguing that? I'm arguing 10+ kids from 1 team on the 1st and 2nd team, that didn't even win state!! I know one thing that is "for real", you put 2 players of the years, and another 10 all state football players on 1 team, you should win state hands down!

We should have won hands down!!!! But we didn't!!!! Carthage played better and deserves to be in State.

What don't you understand??

hollywood
12-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Like I said, Bwd got tons of publicity and fanfare. Carthage has been very quiet while winning the last two titles and fielding a much better team that Bwd this year. This made no sense to me.

Publicity, yes. Much better team, WRONG. That's discrediting the players. You are a piece of work. Shame on you!

If you have any sense, you could have seen that both teams were pretty evenly matched as teams are concerned.

Ernest T Bass
12-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Publicity, yes. Much better team, WRONG. That's discrediting the players. You are a piece of work. Shame on you!

If you have any sense, you could have seen that both teams were pretty evenly matched as teams are concerned.

You're right, shame on me! I am disgusted with myself!
I have zero sense, especially when it comes to football. I don't have the ability to tell if one team is better than the other, and HOW DARE I have the audacity to say that a team could possibly be better than the all-mighty Brownwood Lions?! Oh, the humanity!! For shame, Ernest T! For shame!!!

You know who always likes to play the "evenly matched teams, but they just outplayed us that night" card? The losers.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a question, beside the names it says "Graded", what is the criteria for this?

BEAST
12-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I have zero sense, especially when it comes to football. I don't have the ability to tell if one team is better than the other, and HOW DARE I have the audacity to say that a team could possibly be better than the all-mighty Brownwood Lions?! Oh, the humanity!! For shame, Ernest T! For shame!!!

You know who always likes to play the "evenly matched teams, but they just outplayed us that night" card? The losers.

You said they were "much" better. Both Os dominated the Ds. Plain and simple. We had 470ish yards, they had 450ish. Pretty even? We had 27 first downs, they had 26. Pretty even? The game went down to the last second before it was decided. Pretty even?

BEAST

hollywood
12-14-2010, 12:31 PM

To say they fielded a "much" better team? Come on. You know it could have easliy been the other way. Coaches don't know everything. You are not the all-mighty coach who knows everything either. And, I'm sure you've been wrong before. Your opinion to state what you did, that's your opinion. But to discredit kids, classy! I bet you can ask Surratt if he thought his team was much better than Brownwood and see what his answer would be.

Ernest T Bass
12-14-2010, 12:49 PM
My account:
Shipley was the best player on the field, period. That, and miscues by Carthage, kept the game close. Otherwise, Carthage was the much better team. I have no dog in this fight. Completely objective analysis. Sorry if it hurt your feelings that I didn't extol the greatness of Brownwood Football. Just callin' it like I see it. I thought Trinity had a much better team than Coppell too, yet miscues on Trinity's part kept that game close. It happens. If Brownwood and Carthage play 100 times, Carthage wins 90 of'em and most of them are by a two TD margin, at least.
That's why Ive been so shocked at the lack of fanfare that Carthage has received. I was expecting a Brownwood victory, but what I saw was a team that was outmatched, sans one spectacular player. Really suprised me that I hadn't heard more about the Bulldogs.

Tejastrue
12-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Wow, it doesn't matter what new subject/thread is posted, somehow BW becomes the main topic. Not sure my team from Wimberley had any players that deserved to be there other than White. BW people did not vote these players in. Our anger needs to be directed at the system and how everything is tabulated. I'm sure if BW had the choice of indivdiual accomplishments over a state title, they would gladly decline the awards and play the game, regardless of the final results.

BEAST
12-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Tejastrue
Wow, it doesn't matter what new subject/thread is posted, somehow BW becomes the main topic. Not sure my team from Wimberley had any players that deserved to be there other than White. BW people did not vote these players in. Our anger needs to be directed at the system and how everything is tabulated. I'm sure if BW had the choice of indivdiual accomplishments over a state title, they would gladly decline the awards and play the game, regardless of the final results.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Exactly. Its not like we had any say on this matter.

BEAST

BEAST
12-14-2010, 12:54 PM
My account:
Shipley was the best player on the field, period. That, and miscues by Carthage, kept the game close. Otherwise, Carthage was the much better team. I have no dog in this fight. Completely objective analysis. Sorry if it hurt your feelings that I didn't extol the greatness of Brownwood Football. Just callin' it like I see it. I thought Trinity had a much better team than Coppell too, yet miscues on Trinity's part kept that game close. It happens. If Brownwood and Carthage play 100 times, Carthage wins 90 of'em and most of them are by a two TD margin, at least.
That's why Ive been so shocked at the lack of fanfare that Carthage has received. I was expecting a Brownwood victory, but what I saw was a team that was outmatched, sans one spectacular player. Really suprised me that I hadn't heard more about the Bulldogs.

What about the Brownwood miscues? Ill agree that athlete for athlete, they had more. But as a TEAM, we were just as good.

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
12-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
What about the Brownwood miscues? Ill agree that athlete for athlete, they had more. But as a TEAM, we were just as good.

BEAST

I disagree. A team is made up of athletes. This has nothing to do with cohesiveness, heart, etc...so don't get your panties in a wad. You don't win 2 SCs back to back with having those things, and you dont win 14 games in a row without having them either. So, obviously, it goes back to athletes. Then, Carthage wins, hands down.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 01:01 PM

BEAST

BEAST, I dont' know if I agree with you here.

Athlete per Athlete I think Brownwood has the edge here. As for playing like a team, I give that to Carthage, hence the reason Carthage is playing Friday, and Brownwood is only toting our Accolades. Not discrediting Brownwood, because they played great as a team, Carthage just did it better.

On a side note, this voting was done before the playoffs even started. Had the voting taken place after the playoffs, I'm sure the picture would look different.

BEAST
12-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I disagree. A team is made up of athletes. This has nothing to do with cohesiveness, heart, etc...so don't get your panties in a wad. You don't win 2 SCs back to back with having those things, and you dont win 14 games in a row without having them either. So, obviously, it goes back to athletes. Then, Carthage wins, hands down.

You didnt give any mention of the Brownwood miscues. On the team part we'll have to agree to disagree. My panties are not in a wad. I just figured you being a coach and all, if you saw miscues on one side you surely would have noticed them on the other.

BEAST

91 lion
12-14-2010, 01:09 PM

Man! What's the deal with all of the tool talk. Your 1st post was all about how we are arguing this and that....when NO ONE had said anything. Your trying to manufacture some sort of pre-conceived notion of what you think we "would" say.

:hand: :hand:

At this time of year, when most all teams are done and the "what-if's" are floating around there is nothing that any of us can do.....deal with it. Im proud of the boy's accomplishments, as many others are, but I'm sure that they would trade in every last award for a chance to be playing this weekend.

and yes...they we're good enough to win. they just didn't get it done.

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Kill me, now......:doh:

LIONS#1
12-14-2010, 01:21 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/liopnguyy/EarnestTBass.jpg

hollywood
12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
We can argue this ALL day and probably never come to an agreement. Bottom line is that Carthage executed their game plan better than Brownwood Friday night. Line them up 10 games in a row. I honestly think it would come to 5-5. I had a very unbiased 4A coach with me Friday night at the game and he thought Brownwood had the better team overall but just didn't get the breaks and execution when it needed to. That's life.

Miscues? Brownwood had probably more that night than Carthage did, hence execution. Carthage got the breaks that night that helped keep the momentum in their favor in the second half. A call here and there, the game is the other way around. Carthage is chasing Brownwood. As a coach, I'm sure you know about those kind of things. What about the 4 delay of games that were missed on Carthages possessions? See, we could go around and around, and it still wouldn't accomplish anything except the fact that you have your opinion and I have mine.

Carthage is playing for their 3rd SC and I hope they win. They have a classy program from what I saw and I hope they do it.

Black_Magic
12-14-2010, 01:27 PM
We can argue this ALL day and probably never come to an agreement. Bottom line is that Carthage executed their game plan better than Brownwood Friday night. Line them up 10 games in a row. I honestly think it would come to 5-5. I had a very unbiased 4A coach with me Friday night at the game and he thought Brownwood had the better team overall but just didn't get the breaks and execution when it needed to. That's life.

Miscues? Brownwood had probably more that night than Carthage did, hence execution. Carthage got the breaks that night that helped keep the momentum in their favor in the second half. A call here and there, the game is the other way around. Carthage is chasing Brownwood. As a coach, I'm sure you know about those kind of things. What about the 4 delay of games that were missed on Carthages possessions? See, we could go around and around, and it still wouldn't accomplish anything except the fact that you have your opinion and I have mine.

Carthage is playing for their 3rd SC and I hope they win. They have a classy program from what I saw and I hope they do it.

You also said this about the carthage brownwood game...:rolleyes:

"Here's the difference... Brownwood knows how to win more! They have the hardest working, most committed players in the state. You say, so does every other team. Well, a lot of teams can claim that. But this group has been dead set and have worked relentlessly since January towards their goal. Not since this summer... All year! Brownwood will be too much for Carthage to handle. "

Brownwood 48
Carthage 24

91 lion
12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

"Here's the difference... Brownwood knows how to win more! They have the hardest working, most committed players in the state. You say, so does every other team. Well, a lot of teams can claim that. But this group has been dead set and have worked relentlessly since January towards their goal. Not since this summer... All year! Brownwood will be too much for Carthage to handle. "

Brownwood 48
Carthage 24

BM...when do you have time to coach :confused: :confused: :confused:

Boy you have a big burr (in your saddle) for BWD. What's your problem?

Tin Cup
12-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 91 lion
BM...when do you have time to coach :confused: :confused: :confused:

Boy you have a big burr (in your saddle) for BWD. What's your problem?
No class and 41 points are two of his problems that come to mind.

I have absolutely no problem with someone saying player A deserved to be all-state. But no one should ever discredit who does make it. Whether they are from Brownwood or not.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 01:48 PM

Brownwood 48
Carthage 24

BM, what part of his post did you not understand. He openly admitted that Carthage played better and deserved to win. I can't think of 1 poster, including Rocket, that has said anything different.

Perhaps, you are still butt hurt over Snyder losing? IDK

Either way, your constant twisting and turning only shows that you lack class in many of your post. You seem to be stretching at times to throw one last jab. Why don't you move on to next year, or perhaps your teams accolades.

Incase you havn't noticed, Snyder did well this year, you should be Rah,Rah for them instead of focusing all your anger towards brownwood.

91 lion
12-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
No class and 41 points are two of his problems that come to mind.

I have absolutely no problem with someone saying player A deserved to be all-state. But no one should ever discredit who does make it. Whether they are from Brownwood or not.

Very true....but he is also so hypocritical....he tries to call people out for what they have said in the past, but he has no problem getting very personal....like the post below that he posted about one of the downlow posters....

you are lacking in many areas. not just athletic talent. Clearly there was a shortfall in breeding. maybe parents were just lazy on the night you were concieved and just didnt feel very energetic and this lack of effort shows in your lack of athletic ability and overall inteligence. do you not read posts other than from me? if you did you would see that 98% think your a idiot and the other 2% do too, just wont say it to you.

Reading that, it is clear that he has taking everything to a personal level with all topics concerning Brownwood. So BM...if you think like this, what are you coaching/teaching your boys?

Not saying that you should be held to a higher standard than the run-of-the-mill poster, but you are a coach and I could only imagine that your mindset/temperment rubs off on your team.

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Kill me, now......:doh:
AMEN BULL :doh:

Black_Magic
12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
BM, what part of his post did you not understand. He openly admitted that Carthage played better and deserved to win. I can't think of 1 poster, including Rocket, that has said anything different.

Perhaps, you are still butt hurt over Snyder losing? IDK

Either way, your constant twisting and turning only shows that you lack class in many of your post. You seem to be stretching at times to throw one last jab. Why don't you move on to next year, or perhaps your teams accolades.

Incase you havn't noticed, Snyder did well this year, you should be Rah,Rah for them instead of focusing all your anger towards brownwood. Angry??Sorry I you are completely misreading my post. It more laughing than anything. WHY. Because of all the " UNSTOPABLE" and UNBEATABLE bla bla we heard all year long. as for snyder? dont know where you think Im mad at all about our season. we had a succesfull season. we have had a couple of better in the last 6 years but this was good. I think its funny how you guys can say ALL that you guys have said ALL YEAR LONG and then now change your tone and expect nobody to remind you of your unrestrained arogant smack talk.... Look I can pull up DOZENS of comments you and other have made ALL YEAR LONG to prove my point but I dont think I Need to. I think being classless is not giving proper respect your opponents. BUT NOW YOU WANT TO SAY " Whats your problem?" HA HA HA... I think you still need to be reminded of your arrogant attitude you had ALL YEAR LONG. Thats the reason for my post. But no problem..

BEAST
12-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Angry??Sorry I you are completely misreading my post. It more laughing than anything. WHY. Because of all the " UNSTOPABLE" and UNBEATABLE bla bla we heard all year long. as for snyder? dont know where you think Im mad at all about our season. we had a succesfull season. we have had a couple of better in the last 6 years but this was good. I think its funny how you guys can say ALL that you guys have said ALL YEAR LONG and then now change your tone and expect nobody to remind you of your unrestrained arogant smack talk.... Look I can pull up DOZENS of comments you and other have made ALL YEAR LONG to prove my point but I dont think I Need to. I think being classless is not giving proper respect your opponents. BUT NOW YOU WANT TO SAY " Whats your problem?" HA HA HA... I think you still need to be reminded of your arrogant attitude you had ALL YEAR LONG. Thats the reason for my post. But no problem..

Yes, and thankfully you are never arrogant. I dont believe I have read a single post of yours that wasnt.

BEAST

peagle
12-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Anyone know where academic all state is been posted THSCA page said it was released yesterday but cannot seem to locate it anywhere

91 lion
12-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Angry??Sorry I you are completely misreading my post. It more laughing than anything. WHY. Because of all the " UNSTOPABLE" and UNBEATABLE bla bla we heard all year long. as for snyder? dont know where you think Im mad at all about our season. we had a succesfull season. we have had a couple of better in the last 6 years but this was good. I think its funny how you guys can say ALL that you guys have said ALL YEAR LONG and then now change your tone and expect nobody to remind you of your unrestrained arogant smack talk.... Look I can pull up DOZENS of comments you and other have made ALL YEAR LONG to prove my point but I dont think I Need to. I think being classless is not giving proper respect your opponents. BUT NOW YOU WANT TO SAY " Whats your problem?" HA HA HA... I think you still need to be reminded of your arrogant attitude you had ALL YEAR LONG. Thats the reason for my post. But no problem..

First off, go and find MY arrogant posts....yeah I said my team would win....but no more than you and anyone else. Don't generalize.

Secondly, your HC said that this was his best team he ever coached...is that not true, so you saying that you had a couple better in the last few years appears to be your opinion and yours alone.

...and lastly, you do have a problem....a problem with Brownwood....its clear and EVERYONE can see it. The only thing worse than taking someting personal (on this board)....is to take something personal, and deny it. Many people on here get angry and cross the line, but at the end of the day, you are a coach, crossing the line with fans.

LIONS#1
12-14-2010, 02:28 PM
My account:

"Shipley was the best player on the field"=True dat

"That, and miscues by Carthage, kept the game close".= Fail

Carthage was the much better team.=Fail, see all state team, check the stats !!

I have no dog in this fight= Fail, you are a everything Anti Brownwood HOMERISM!! Proof is in all your posts!!

Completely objective analysis= Fail miserably!!! No objectivity displayed through all the Anti Brownwood Homerism!!

Sorry if it hurt your feelings that I didn't extol the greatness of Brownwood Football.=Fail, you are the only one in this thread whining!!LMAO

Just callin' it like I see it.=Fail!! what you should have said: I'm making it up as I type!!

If Brownwood and Carthage play 100 times, Carthage wins 90 of'em and most of them are by a two TD margin, at least.=Fail, this don't even deserve a response@

That's why Ive been so shocked at the lack of fanfare that Carthage has received. I was expecting a Brownwood victory, but what I saw was a team that was outmatched, sans one spectacular player. Really suprised me that I hadn't heard more about the Bulldogs.=Homerism, you knew they were the two time defending Champs...Pulleeezzzeee

Bud Light Presents, "Real Men of Genius" (Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Anti Brownwood Football Fan (Mr. Delusional Anti Brownwood Football Faaaaaan!) Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly high expectations for everything Anti Brownwood. (Clutching at straws!) You scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when U're Team you attch yourself to dont get the credit YOU so richley think they deserve. Inevitably, you'll play the " Sorry if it hurt your feelings that I didn't extol the greatness of Brownwood Football" Card and boast of "Really suprised me that I hadn't heard more about the Bulldogs" after being the two time defending Champs. (Those were the daaaaaays!) You will point out that your a Coach and have an UNbiased opinion and have no dog in this fight but yet you ooozze everything anti Brownwood(No pun intendedddd) Go on, ignore that All State list that all Us Brownwoodians have nothing to do with ..we enjoy listening to "Everything Brownwood"(Brownwood...Brownwood) So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you don't get your way you'll type as loud as your fingers will let you just to be heard!! (Mr.Delusional Anti Brownwood Fan!)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nerd:

cr180t
12-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey can you leave his boss out of this. Congratulations to every kid on the list and I know there are several left off that deserve to be on there. I know there is another one to come out later. Not sure nominations have even been sent in.

db1980
12-14-2010, 02:33 PM

.........or when Brownwood started the 4th qtr with the ball. they ran a play and lined back up and the clock still read 12:00 before the ref realized he forgot to start the clock. Probably 25-30 seconds of game clock given back to Brownwood. LIke you said....round and round. Take your own advice and leave it be. You know what Brownwood is and what Carthage is.

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by LIONS#1

I have no dog in this fight= Fail, you are a everything Anti Brownwood HOMERISM!! Proof is in all your posts!!

Completely objective analysis= Fail miserably!!! No objectivity displayed through all the Anti Brownwood Homerism!!

Sorry if it hurt your feelings that I didn't extol the greatness of Brownwood Football.=Fail, you are the only one in this thread whining!!LMAO

Just callin' it like I see it.=Fail!! what you should have said: I'm making it up as I type!!

If Brownwood and Carthage play 100 times, Carthage wins 90 of'em and most of them are by a two TD margin, at least.=Fail, this don't even deserve a response@

That's why Ive been so shocked at the lack of fanfare that Carthage has received. I was expecting a Brownwood victory, but what I saw was a team that was outmatched, sans one spectacular player. Really suprised me that I hadn't heard more about the Bulldogs.=Homerism, you knew they were the two time defending Champs...Pulleeezzzeee

Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional Anti Brownwood Football Fan (Mr. Delusional Anti Brownwood Football Faaaaaan!) Season after season, year after year, you try to justify your absurdly high expectations for everything Anti Brownwood. (Clutching at straws!) You scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when U're Team you attch yourself to dont get the credit YOU so richley think they deserve. Inevitably, you'll play the " Sorry if it hurt your feelings that I didn't extol the greatness of Brownwood Football" Card and boast of "Really suprised me that I hadn't heard more about the Bulldogs" after being the two time defending Champs. (Those were the daaaaaays!) You will point out that your a Coach and have an UNbiased opinion and have no dog in this fight but yet you ooozze everything anti Brownwood(No pun intendedddd) Go on, ignore that All State list that all Us Brownwoodians have nothing to do with ..we enjoy listening to "Everything Brownwood"(Brownwood...Brownwood) So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you don't get your way you'll type as loud as your fingers will let you just to be heard!! (Mr.Delusional Anti Brownwood Fan!)

you really think ETB is Anti-Bwood??!?!?!..Why? because he gave his view of the game and you dont like it?

db1980
12-14-2010, 02:41 PM

I have no dog in this fight= Fail, you are a everything Anti Brownwood HOMER!! Proof is in all your posts!!

That's why Ive been so shocked at the lack of fanfare that Carthage has received. I was expecting a Brownwood victory, but what I saw was a team that was outmatched, sans one spectacular player. Really suprised me that I hadn't heard more about the Bulldogs.=Homer, you knew they were the two time defending Champs...Pulleeezzzeee

I have just one question before I exit this thread. Do more stats really make a better team? Absolutely not. Just ask Mike Leach.

yes Shipley was the best athlete on the field that night......that was evident when the game was on the line. The QB threw to him every play, even when triple covered. He is amazing and I'm glad he's going to Texas. Carthage had the perfect scheme for Brownwood.....run the ball, kill the clock, Finish drives, play good defense and don't kick it to Shipley.

RoyceTTU
[BBud Light Presents, "Real Men of Genius" (Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nerd: [/B]

THIS IS CLASSIC :D :D :D

LIONS#1
The Henson Kid from Bridgeport could also have been 1st team!!

LIONS#1
12-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by db1980
I have just one question before I exit this thread. Do more stats really make a better team? Absolutely not. Just ask Mike Leach.

yes Shipley was the best athlete on the field that night......that was evident when the game was on the line. The QB threw to him every play, even when triple covered. He is amazing and I'm glad he's going to Texas. Carthage had the perfect scheme for Brownwood.....run the ball, kill the clock, Finish drives, play good defense and don't kick it to Shipley.

Well I just wish everyone that saw the game would have got to also witness our other outstanding receiver/safety #4 Chastain. He got knocked out early as did our starting LB Christopher. They had battled injury throughout the playoffs and was sorely missed down the stretch. But hey no excuses from me...Carthage deserved the win and those two boys made the all state team.

ccmom
12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
ETB is Anti-Brownwood?? :doh:

Hmmm....:thinking: I guess I missed that part. :doh:

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM

You obviously have had me wrong all year. That is a broad stroke your painting with. Yes, I was confident throughout the year, but I've also been quick to congradulate, and I've also been judgemental of our own team as well as others.

I think most posters would disagree with the way you just described me and many of the other bwd posters.

Now, for argument sake, I'll side with you and say Brownwood posters are arrogant as a whole, and now we are changing our tune. Dosn't that show we are empathetic towards others accomplishments and give the nod that maybe there is another team out there better. I think this shows much more class that to boast about how good your team is. and a whole lot more class that for someone else to sit back throwing pot shots non-stop.

Carthage was great, We have all said that. We hung with them but couldn't pull it out because they played better. Do you not understand that we know that. That we are admitting that.

As for things I've said in the past, other than a joke here or two(particular the one I said in random "Carthage Hoovers"), maybe I do need to be reminded how arrogant I am. And if that is the case, I'll appologize up front because I do not like to be perceived that way.

hollywood
12-14-2010, 02:53 PM

Brownwood 48
Carthage 24

This is a message board. Banter is okay, right? Of course I was rah, rah about Brownwood. That's who I support and my alma matar. I know the players and coaches have been dead set on meeting a goal they set. It didn't quite happen. Did you guys meet your goal? There ya go. It happens in life. Did you hear one Carthage supporter say, "Brownwood is too much for us, they will beat us"? No, of course not. Most of them were picking Carthage by 20+ pts. This game could have gone either direction and you know it.

As far as my prediction, the score could have been that in a matter of just a few decisions here and there. You're a coach, right? Well, you should know things like that. Now if Carthage would have come out and dominated the game, well, different story. You know a little about that, don't ya.

LIONS#1
12-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
you really think ETB is Anti-Bwood??!?!?!..Why? because he gave his view of the game and you dont like it?

Well I am no sportscaster or journalist. So lets just say that it was his delivery and tone that set the pace for his comments. That comes into play when commenting on anything. I detected negativity and he displayed it. You didn't notice?:confused:

cr180t
12-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Well I just wish everyone that saw the game would have got to also witness our other outstanding receiver/safety #4 Chastain. He got knocked out early as did our starting LB Christopher. They had battled injury throughout the playoffs and was sorely missed down the stretch. But hey no excuses from me...Carthage deserved the win and those two boys made the all state team.

When did #4 get hurt. He was an outstanding reciver/db as well. I know part of the battle is staying healthy in a game. With that being said I think he would have taken some pressure off of #8 on some of the late drives. Not saying anyone needed pressure taken off what I am saying was #4 was missed.

BEAST
12-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Well I am no sportscaster or journalist. So lets just say that it was his delivery and tone that set the pace for his comments. That comes into play when commenting on anything. I detected negativity and he displayed it. You didn't notice?:confused:

How could you have noticed that? All he said is Carthage was MUCH better and if not for a few miscues they would have beaten us by 14+.

:thinking: I have no idea where you might have made that assumption.

BEAST

hollywood
12-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
When did #4 get hurt. He was an outstanding reciver/db as well. I know part of the battle is staying healthy in a game. With that being said I think he would have taken some pressure off of #8 on some of the late drives. Not saying anyone needed pressure taken off what I am saying was #4 was missed.

#4 was hurt in the 1st qrt. Yes it hurt on both sides of play.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 03:01 PM

1st quarter, early in it, if I remember correctly. Since playing the Wylie game, he was batteling a bruised tailbone and a pulled muscle. The game against Monahans was his first game back.

Yes he is a great receiver, I honestly think had shipley not been on the team, this kid would of showed even more potential.

Its tough to look past Shipley though, because he's such a good playmaker.

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Back on Topic, I say Congrats to all the hard working kids that made this list and to the ones that should have made I say Congrats to you as well. Life will never be all fair and square for "Little Johnny" in the work place either. Now Snyder, Brownwood, back to your corners for the decision. We go to the judges..........:D

Black_Magic
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
First off, go and find MY arrogant posts....yeah I said my team would win....but no more than you and anyone else. Don't generalize.

Secondly, your HC said that this was his best team he ever coached...is that not true, so you saying that you had a couple better in the last few years appears to be your opinion and yours alone.

...and lastly, you do have a problem....a problem with Brownwood....its clear and EVERYONE can see it. The only thing worse than taking someting personal (on this board)....is to take something personal, and deny it. Many people on here get angry and cross the line, but at the end of the day, you are a coach, crossing the line with fans. Im sure you do think I and MANY more folks on here have a problem with Brownwood. Because in your limited mind nothing else matters. Its the way its been all year long. its comical you have not seen it but everyone on the board has.. You have memory loss? howmany threads have been posted on this very topic? hard to count them all. Hate to tell you this but this brownwood team didnt do more in the end than two other Snyder teams did in the last few years and 2 other Wylie teams did. Sure they were good. but then again your people on the downlow didnt have to constantly hear over and over and over and over the broken record "BROWNWOOD IS UNSTOPPABLE". I have been around reading this board for many years and have never seen so much hype about one team as we have had this year about Brownwood. In the end... Brownwood had a great season but nowhere near did it live up to the unbelievable amount of hype that was spewed over and over on here. For weeks anyone who had the awdacity to say that thier team even had a chance to beat brownwood was treated like they were stupid for even thinking it. NOW.... You aparently cant eat ALL the crow you have comming... Comical.. NOTE TO BW POSTERS... Life for everyone does not revolve around this years bw team....

BEAST
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Don't talk to us about Chastain, we all know injuries are no excuse (as many of you have frequently reminded us). As far as Ernest T Bass, he has no clue about who Brownwood really is or what we could have done to Carthage with Chastain. And yes, he is very anti-Brownwood. I am guessing he is the coach that saw Argyle and Brownwood play and said Argyle was better? Nothing adds up. He is just a coach with an opinion, I will give him that. A weak opinion.

BEAST

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Back on Topic, I say Congrats to all the hard working kids that made this list and to the ones that should have made I say Congrats to you as well. Life will never be all fair and square for "Little Johnny" in the work place either. Now Snyder, Brownwood, back to your corners for the decision. We go to the judges..........:D
thank you :)

cr180t
12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
1st quarter, early in it, if I remember correctly. Since playing the Wylie game, he was batteling a bruised tailbone and a pulled muscle. The game against Monahans was his first game back.

Yes he is a great receiver, I honestly think had shipley not been on the team, this kid would of showed even more potential.

Its tough to look past Shipley though, because he's such a good playmaker.

Maybe but I really think they complimented each other. You had to know where he was as well.

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 03:11 PM

LOL :D

I was thrilled my little cousin made honorable mention - Payton Christopher :clap: :clap: :clap:

He battled a deep bruise on his elbow throughout the year, and as soon as that healed up, he seperated his shoulder and had to battle through the playoffs.

LIONS#1
12-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Im sure you do think I and MANY more folks on here have a problem with Brownwood. Because in your limited mind nothing else matters. Its the way its been all year long. its comical you have not seen it but everyone on the board has.. You have memory loss? howmany threads have been posted on this very topic? hard to count them all. Hate to tell you this but this brownwood team didnt do more in the end than two other Snyder teams did in the last few years and 2 other Wylie teams did. Sure they were good. but then again your people on the downlow didnt have to constantly hear over and over and over and over the broken record "BROWNWOOD IS UNSTOPPABLE". I have been around reading this board for many years and have never seen so much hype about one team as we have had this year about Brownwood. In the end... Brownwood had a great season but nowhere near did it live up to the unbelievable amount of hype that was spewed over and over on here. For weeks anyone who had the awdacity to say that thier team even had a chance to beat brownwood was treated like they were stupid for even thinking it. NOW.... You aparently cant eat ALL the crow you have comming... Comical.. NOTE TO BW POSTERS... Life for everyone does not revolve around this years bw team....
Your still harpin on Brownwood??? LMAO get over yourself!!Dude

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Maybe but I really think they complimented each other. You had to know where he was as well.

Your right, that was really the strength of the team. There were so many people to watch. The Carthage team did it better than anyone. It was tough to spread the ball around, and almost made us one-deminsional, because we were playing catch-up.

Good times though. It was a fun run.

BEAST
12-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Im sure you do think I and MANY more folks on here have a problem with Brownwood. Because in your limited mind nothing else matters. Its the way its been all year long. its comical you have not seen it but everyone on the board has.. You have memory loss? howmany threads have been posted on this very topic? hard to count them all. Hate to tell you this but this brownwood team didnt do more in the end than two other Snyder teams did in the last few years and 2 other Wylie teams did. Sure they were good. but then again your people on the downlow didnt have to constantly hear over and over and over and over the broken record "BROWNWOOD IS UNSTOPPABLE". I have been around reading this board for many years and have never seen so much hype about one team as we have had this year about Brownwood. In the end... Brownwood had a great season but nowhere near did it live up to the unbelievable amount of hype that was spewed over and over on here. For weeks anyone who had the awdacity to say that thier team even had a chance to beat brownwood was treated like they were stupid for even thinking it. NOW.... You aparently cant eat ALL the crow you have comming... Comical.. NOTE TO BW POSTERS... Life for everyone does not revolve around this years bw team....

Dude, Brownwood posters were excited and they were having fun with all of you. Especially you. You want to talk about not living up to expectations? Who in the Hell did Snyder beat that was any good at all? For the life of me I can't think of one team that would make anybody say hey, this Snyder team was good. Yeah, you had your little rap song and your little pep rally, but in the end, you and your HC didn't do much but twist ankles and you had one good crack block on one of our best players. That was the highlight of it all. Tell your, HC to let the refs signal first downs from now on. We found that very arrogant.

We all know that your team truly had no chance to beat Brownwood. That was proven. My gosh, it was proven. What was it again? 61-20?

BEAST

cr180t
12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey leave his boss out of it he really is a nice guy.

BEAST
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Rockets a really nice guy as well but nobody ever cuts him any slack.

BEAST

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey leave his boss out of it he really is a nice guy. :D

cr180t
12-14-2010, 03:28 PM

BEAST

Lol -

ccmom
12-14-2010, 03:28 PM

He has great self-esteem, too!! :rolleyes:

:p

cr180t
12-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I think he is quite and shy.

Looking4number8
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
I think he is quite and shy.

HEY, QUIT BEING COOL AND DONT MAKE ME BECOME A FAN... I LIKE NOT LIKING SNYDER.... :) :) :)

pirate4state
12-14-2010, 03:52 PM
good God almighty yall are still hashing this crap out?!

:dispntd:

Congratulations to the 4 Sinton kids that got a nod. :2thumbsup

Black_Magic
12-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Who in the Hell did Snyder beat that was any good at all? For the life of me I can't think of one team that would make anybody say hey, this Snyder team was good. Yeah, you had your little rap song and your little pep rally, but in the end, you and your HC didn't do much but twist ankles and you had one good crack block on one of our best players. That was the highlight of it all. Tell your, HC to let the refs signal first downs from now on. We found that very arrogant.

We all know that your team truly had no chance to beat Brownwood. That was proven. My gosh, it was proven. What was it again? 61-20?

BEAST
Thanks for showing AGAIN what I have been saying the last few posts:clap: :clap: :clap: Nobody played anyone good except for brownwood bla bla bla.... Boo hoo.. you twisted our ankles!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: just have to give it time and arrogance shows up again.

wimbo_pro
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM
I never saw Royce be over-the-top with BW banter. I never saw MOST Brownwood posters be over-the-top with BW banter. I saw maybe 4 of them over-the-top, with only 2 of them over-the-top on a constant basis. Let's not paint them all because of a few.

I certainly am not a BW hater, in case anyone thought I was. I have great respect for their accomplishments and their coach (as my threads have shown) and for their history.

rykerx144
12-14-2010, 04:23 PM

no kidding!! even I have let it go already!! GEEZ LOL

Bosqueville
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM

:clap:

91 lion
12-14-2010, 05:24 PM

Alright Coach, we will just have to agree to disagree. You have a big problem with Brownwood and get personal with certain Brownwood posters, every chance you get. There are MANY posters that could care less about Brownwood and the "awdacity" of us posters....BUT, you, COACH, are the main one that takes it to a personal level....I will say it again, at the end of the day you are the coach that is out of line mixing it up with the fans.

....and you may say it doesn't matter, but you have showed your cards.....you like to play dirty, fine. You would be suprised to know, though, that you don't have as many sympathizers as you think.....there are not a ton of people in your corner that condone the way you resort to personal attacks. I try to steer clear of it, as do most BWD folks...and most all 3adl posters.....but you seem to live there and resort to devolving any conversation or thread that you can.

I have personally met some quality people on this board this year and have PM'ed with some others and I consider myself better for making their acquaintance. Many of them and I have gone back and forth with...and got pretty heated....but no matter how heated it got, Coach, I never really felt that the emotions were anger-filled or that the tone would carry over beyond the season. I can't say that about you.

For whatever reason, you can't let it go....our team got the best of your team this year....deal with it. Our season overshadowed your season (which was a good one) this year....deal with it.

I personally have eaten my crow...but that's not what this thread was about....I'm sure if you want to start another thread about that, the Mods would let you, but otherwise slow your roll.

cr180t
12-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
HEY, QUIT BEING COOL AND DONT MAKE ME BECOME A FAN... I LIKE NOT LIKING SNYDER.... :) :) :)

:clap: Sounds good to me. You becoming a fan that is..

Pendragon13
12-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ehatch
How in the world does Alvarado not get one kid on this all-state team? Same way 09 state finalist Abilene Wylie didn't get a single player in last year. When a team plays togther and is full of playmakers (and a deep bench) then it's hard for individuals to put up the kind of numbers needed to stand out.

ccmom
12-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Same way 09 state finalist Abilene Wylie didn't get a single player in last year. When a team plays togther and is full of playmakers (and a deep bench) then it's hard for individuals to put up the kind of numbers needed to stand out. I don't think there were any Wylie players on the 2009 AP first team, but I thought #88 was second team kicker and #27 was HM defense. (just those 2 popped into my head) Anyway, I just like to argue. :p :D

LIONS#1
12-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks for showing AGAIN what I have been saying the last few posts:clap: :clap: :clap: Nobody played anyone good except for brownwood bla bla bla.... Boo hoo.. you twisted our ankles!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: just have to give it time and arrogance shows up again.

Man...you just keep throwing up all over yourself don't you?

arrogance???? Give me a break!!!!..Confidence:cool: now that is more like it!!

Roughneck_Dad
12-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
0 for State semi-finalist West Columbia :mad: :foul: :vrycnfsd:

Pendragon13
12-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I don't think there were any Wylie players on the 2009 AP first team, but I thought #88 was second team kicker and #27 was HM defense. (just those 2 popped into my head) Anyway, I just like to argue. :p :D #88 made the second team as a kicker....nobody else from Wylie even got a mention. http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/4969

Oh wait...I don't remember who was #27 but there is an honorable mention for defensive linemen.

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Every good kid cant make the All State..so why cant we celebrate the ones who do instead of crying about those that dont

garciap77
12-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey can you leave his boss out of this. Congratulations to every kid on the list and I know there are several left off that deserve to be on there. I know there is another one to come out later. Not sure nominations have even been sent in.

:D

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Every good kid cant make the All State..so why cant we celebrate the ones who do instead of crying about those that dont With ya brother!:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-14-2010, 09:15 PM

:iagree:

I noticed! The game was close and could have gone either way! I guess Brownwood did not have any miscues?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ccmom
12-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
#88 made the second team as a kicker....nobody else from Wylie even got a mention. http://www.texasfootball.com/highschool-news/view/4969

Oh wait...I don't remember who was #27 but there is an honorable mention for defensive linemen. Robert Miller was #27 and was Honorable Mention...:clap:

ccmom
12-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Every good kid cant make the All State..so why cant we celebrate the ones who do instead of crying about those that dont :clap:

FmrPirate14
12-14-2010, 09:21 PM
CONGRATS to Sinton for getting 1 First Team selection and 3 honorable mentions.

pirate4state
12-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Every good kid cant make the All State..

WHAT?!?! This is news to me! :mad:

crabman
12-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I say this at least twice a year. The playoffs do NOT determine the best team. They determine the champion. Teams can be loaded with talent and for some reason not put it together and get the W. Other teams can have a bunch of above average talent kids who put it together and execute and get a few breaks along the way and end up the champion.

Which would you rather have? I would rather be champion. Teams with tons of talent are fun to watch but nothing is more fun than winning. In 2004 Cuero had a bunch of good talent. Not great, just good. We had one great player in Latrael Cooper who blew up a knee in preseason. We found a way to win each week. In nine of our 10 regular season games the opponent was within one touchdown of us and we prevailed in all of them. We went into the final against Abilene Wylie. At first glance they were a team much like us. Not a team of studs but just a bunch of guys who played sound assignment football. There was one stud lineman for Wylie and a nice little quarterback named Case Keenum. We thought he was good. Turned out he was and still is a stud. That was the difference. They had two studs. We had none. Almost none of the athletes were on this particular all state list. Everybody belly-ached that they were not on the list but there is no place I would have rather been than in the final. That is the best revenge.

Remember Brownwood could be the best team of 2010 but they will not be the champion.

Oh yeah, and Tanner Hoffman is a stud and his 169 tackles in the regular season are accurate. Dude can play. The only shame is that he was not also first team as a receiver. He is the best tight end I saw this year, period.

orange machine
12-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Who the crap cares its all politics. The media and other people were all convinced that Brownwood was the all mighty of football this year and nothing was gonna stop them so hence since they cant be stopped then there players are super stars. Well we all know how it turned out so again who cares its over congratulations to all the players that got the honors weather they were justified or not.

LionFan72
12-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Congrats to all the boys that earned All State Honors. Very special group!

For all the whiners, you lose, dont drag the dead dog around too long, it is beginning to stink.......get a life.

And stop tarnishing these kids accomplishments.

AlphaFemale
12-14-2010, 10:06 PM

Chastain suffered a broken fibula in 1st quarter, on Brownwood's second defensive series.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2010, 10:11 PM
:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul: Some of y'all are wearing on my last nerve!

Congratulations to ALL the kids who made the APSE All-State team. :clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul: Some of y'all are wearing on my last nerve!

Congratulations to ALL the kids who made the APSE All-State team. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Amen Sista girl. at least you didn't chastized for merging a thread :p :D

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Amen Sista girl. at least you didn't chastized for merging a thread :p :D Yeah I heard you did that :tisk: :tisk:

Ranger Mom
12-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Amen Sista girl. at least you didn't chastized for merging a thread :p :D

What?? HOW DARE YOU!!:eek:

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What?? HOW DARE YOU!!:eek: Some of you Mods need to learn your place :D

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Some of you Mods need to learn your place :D
Oh trust me...we do know our place! :devil: :devil: Anyone know how long .1 of a day is? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
12-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh trust me...we do know our place! :devil: :devil: Anyone know how long .1 of a day is? :thinking:

Hehe!!:thumbsup:

44INAROW
12-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Yeah I heard you did that :tisk: :tisk:
Honest to Goodness, when I merged the two threads, I was just trying to get the "All STate" threads together -
Honestly, I wasn't trying to take away from anything EHATCH was trying to say and now after reading all the posts, I really feel bad for any part in the fiasco I might have played. (I was just as guilty as the next guy for giving him a hard time) I hope he comes back tomorrow and we can start over again.
I dont' know how many of you'll remember what my "initiation period" was like back in 2002 or 2003 (the old forum) but I had PPHS and HighSchoolFan on my case for 2 days (those two were tough lol) . .I nearly left the Downlow for good but Ranger Mom emailed me and explained it was sort of a right of passge and to just play along. So,I did what she suggested and I got back on and dished it right back to them and all was good. I hope EHATCH does the same..

Black_Magic
12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Alright Coach, we will just have to agree to disagree. You have a big problem with Brownwood and get personal with certain Brownwood posters, every chance you get. There are MANY posters that could care less about Brownwood and the "awdacity" of us posters....BUT, you, COACH, are the main one that takes it to a personal level....I will say it again, at the end of the day you are the coach that is out of line mixing it up with the fans.

....and you may say it doesn't matter, but you have showed your cards.....you like to play dirty, fine. You would be suprised to know, though, that you don't have as many sympathizers as you think.....there are not a ton of people in your corner that condone the way you resort to personal attacks. I try to steer clear of it, as do most BWD folks...and most all 3adl posters.....but you seem to live there and resort to devolving any conversation or thread that you can.

I have personally met some quality people on this board this year and have PM'ed with some others and I consider myself better for making their acquaintance. Many of them and I have gone back and forth with...and got pretty heated....but no matter how heated it got, Coach, I never really felt that the emotions were anger-filled or that the tone would carry over beyond the season. I can't say that about you.

For whatever reason, you can't let it go....our team got the best of your team this year....deal with it. Our season overshadowed your season (which was a good one) this year....deal with it.

I personally have eaten my crow...but that's not what this thread was about....I'm sure if you want to start another thread about that, the Mods would let you, but otherwise slow your roll. Its funny how you guys are so full of your self (BW) that in every post . You thinks its all about you. you have trashed other oppinions, hijacked threads , disrespected every team and many staffs. Many of the BW posters got personal with anyone who DARED to say that thought thier team could beat BW. Now that all the hoopla is over and those folks who were attacked for having the notion that BW is very beatable may want to say. "TOLD YOU SO" you want to try to hush them. Its funny you think Im mad or something. it really is. Look when you break the record of smack talk on the board you can expect to eat alot of crow for several weeks. dont like having wrong predictions of scores thrown in your face later? its and easy solution... DONT MAKE STUPID PREDICTONS ... Because they can be thrown in your face later... sorry crow is sour..

rykerx144
12-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Its funny how you guys are so full of your self (BW) that in every post . You thinks its all about you. you have trashed other oppinions, hijacked threads , disrespected every team and many staffs. Many of the BW posters got personal with anyone who DARED to say that thought thier team could beat BW. Now that all the hoopla is over and those folks who were attacked for having the notion that BW is very beatable may want to say. "TOLD YOU SO" you want to try to hush them. Its funny you think Im mad or something. it really is. Look when you break the record of smack talk on the board you can expect to eat alot of crow for several weeks. dont like having wrong predictions of scores thrown in your face later? its and easy solution... DONT MAKE STUPID PREDICTONS ... Because they can be thrown in your face later... sorry crow is sour..

Dude!! Chill!! Its time to let it go. I was one of the first to come make the same argument you are now. I done what I could to drive that same point and be the biggest pain in the butt I could. After a few days its time to let it go. That was a week ago and in football age a week is a long time. The crow has been served yes you are right it is sour now. I agree crow is sour but not near as sour as a person trying to serve it way after the expiration date!! Its time to move on. You have graduated from fan deserving of serving crow into a obsessed angry Brownwood Stalker!! The first step needs to be admitting you have a problem!

Black_Magic
12-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by rykerx144
Dude!! Chill!! Its time to let it go. I was one of the first to come make the same argument you are now. I done what I could to drive that same point and be the biggest pain in the butt I could. After a few days its time to let it go. That was a week ago and in football age a week is a long time. The crow has been served yes you are right it is sour now. I agree crow is sour but not near as sour as a person trying to serve it way after the expiration date!! Its time to move on. You have graduated from fan deserving of serving crow into a obsessed angry Brownwood Stalker!! The first step needs to be admitting you have a problem! look. You clearly dont know me or what your talking about. looks like you have been on the downlow for all of 170 posts who shows up the middle of this season. So you clearly dont have a clue about this particular subject when you look at the last year and a half... you make a coment on anger. another sign you just dont know. Im having funn stiring them up. its that simple. Im having fun refreshing memories. I think you need to have a little more background knowlege on this topic before your oppinion is legit. hang around for a year and then on this particular subject matter your oppinion may have merrit. ANYWAY, Im having fun discussing football. I understand your new and its ok to be new. I also understand when you come and step in on a conversation that has been going of way longer than you have heard that your oppinion on the conversation isnt worth squat clearly because you missed 80% of it. Thanks for your imput but Im having fun refreshing memories.

HeavyD
12-15-2010, 01:14 PM
look. You clearly dont know me or what your talking about. looks like you have been on the downlow for all of 170 posts who shows up the middle of this season. So you clearly dont have a clue about this particular subject when you look at the last year and a half... you make a coment on anger. another sign you just dont know. Im having funn stiring them up. its that simple. Im having fun refreshing memories. I think you need to have a little more background knowlege on this topic before your oppinion is legit. hang around for a year and then on this particular subject matter your oppinion may have merrit. ANYWAY, Im having fun discussing football. I understand your new and its ok to be new. I also understand when you come and step in on a conversation that has been going of way longer than you have heard that your oppinion on the conversation isnt worth squat clearly because you missed 80% of it. Thanks for your imput but Im having fun refreshing memories.

AAAAAHHHHHH the memories....yes, the memories....oh yeah, I remember that your defense got lit up....great job, coach!:D

You really need to take rykerx144 advice, Dude! Brownwood got beat, it's over, Carthage was better. Maybe you should apply at Carthage if a spot comes open so you won't be so bitter in the future.

AlphaFemale
12-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Please, please, someone start a new thread for BM, maybe titled "I'm so happy, I'm so happy... " and then perhaps the posts could be restricted to BWD bashing only. That way, whenever BM needs a little pick-me-up, voila !!

Black_Magic
12-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by AlphaFemale
Please, please, someone start a new thread for BM, maybe titled "I'm so happy, I'm so happy... " and then perhaps the posts could be restricted to BWD bashing only. That way, whenever BM needs a little pick-me-up, voila !! By all means.. HELP!! HELP! Save us!! somebody help!!..:clap:

Sweetwater Red
12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Its funny how you guys are so full of your self (BW) that in every post . You thinks its all about you. you have trashed other oppinions, hijacked threads , disrespected every team and many staffs. Many of the BW posters got personal with anyone who DARED to say that thought thier team could beat BW. Now that all the hoopla is over and those folks who were attacked for having the notion that BW is very beatable may want to say. "TOLD YOU SO" you want to try to hush them. Its funny you think Im mad or something. it really is. Look when you break the record of smack talk on the board you can expect to eat alot of crow for several weeks. dont like having wrong predictions of scores thrown in your face later? its and easy solution... DONT MAKE STUPID PREDICTONS ... Because they can be thrown in your face later... sorry crow is sour..

You shoulda came to the semi-final game last week and sat with
us. Something tells me you woulda had a great time. :thinking: :doh: :D

rykerx144
12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
look. You clearly dont know me or what your talking about. looks like you have been on the downlow for all of 170 posts who shows up the middle of this season. So you clearly dont have a clue about this particular subject when you look at the last year and a half... you make a coment on anger. another sign you just dont know. Im having funn stiring them up. its that simple. Im having fun refreshing memories. I think you need to have a little more background knowlege on this topic before your oppinion is legit. hang around for a year and then on this particular subject matter your oppinion may have merrit. ANYWAY, Im having fun discussing football. I understand your new and its ok to be new. I also understand when you come and step in on a conversation that has been going of way longer than you have heard that your oppinion on the conversation isnt worth squat clearly because you missed 80% of it. Thanks for your imput but Im having fun refreshing memories.

Do you know what assuming does?? Sometimes things are not always what they appear! The name might be new but im not!

AlphaFemale
12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
By all means.. HELP!! HELP! Save us!! somebody help!!..:clap:

Darlin, I was just trying to make things more efficient. Time is money, after all.

Oh yes.... GO CARTHAGE !!!

BEAST
12-15-2010, 01:46 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/special/bmhorsesarse.jpg

BEAST

ccmom
12-15-2010, 01:48 PM
http://brownwoodlions.com/special/bmhorsesarse.jpg

BEAST

Something tells me you had a little assistance with the construction of that Tshirt...:D

DaHop72
12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Darlin :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BEAST
12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Something tells me you had a little assistance with the construction of that Tshirt...:D

LOL.

BEAST

bobcat1
12-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Darlin:inlove:

Originally posted by DaHop72
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Love is in the air!:eek:

AlphaFemale
12-15-2010, 01:57 PM

OK, I have to admit I set myself up for that one. :inlove:

HeavyD
12-15-2010, 02:00 PM

BM would have to "shmooze" better than he has, besides I don't think coaches make enough for queen AF. :D

Bullaholic
12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
BM would have to "shmooze" better than he has, besides I don't think coaches make enough for queen AF. :D

Are you kidding? Black Magic says that women faint when he meets them.....:D

HeavyD
12-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Are you kidding? Black Magic says that women faint when he meets them.....:D

It's called "kick'nhallapuppavomitosis":p

Black_Magic
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Are you kidding? Black Magic says that women faint when he meets them.....:D I dont think they faint. They knock them selves on my shins when they fall at my feet sometimes. rough on me as well. The price of being EL Guapo:cool:

bobcat1
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by HeavyD
BM would have to "shmooze" better than he has, besides I don't think coaches make enough for queen AF. :D Are you saying she is high maintenance?:thinking:

Black_Magic
12-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Are you saying she is high maintenance?:thinking: And she says this in response
LINK (http://www.hark.com/clips/xsssftgrkd-rich-matrons-pay-well-to-be-pleasured)

AlphaFemale
12-15-2010, 02:24 PM
And she says this in response
LINK (http://www.hark.com/clips/xsssftgrkd-rich-matrons-pay-well-to-be-pleasured)

:eek: You're taking it there, BM? Really? Ok, I'll play along so long as your feelings don't get hurt and although this does seem rather off-topic. But since I work for a living, it'll have to be after 5:00. OK? It's a date then? :clap:

LoboesWT
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Another Love connection, how sweet:inlove:

RoyceTTU
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
It's a date then? :clap:

Bobcat, you might be onto something :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Looking4number8
12-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Man for once I agree with you 100%. Last year there was this dude on the Brownwood site (seems like he went by Hop Sing). Anyways he made all the bold predictions on how snider was gonna whip Brownwood and got all personal about how little joe and Hoss loved some Bwd people, man that dude made some bold and stupid predictions.. sad deal though, he never came back to eat his crow when bwd put a whipping on the tigers... I hate it when people like that dont man up.:eek:

Black_Magic
12-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Man for once I agree with you 100%. Last year there was this dude on the Brownwood site (seems like he went by Hop Sing). Anyways he made all the bold predictions on how snider was gonna whip Brownwood and got all personal about how little joe and Hoss loved some Bwd people, man that dude made some bold and stupid predictions.. sad deal though, he never came back to eat his crow when bwd put a whipping on the tigers... I hate it when people like that dont man up.:eek: come on, you guys im sure keep anyone from saying anything that disagrees with you quiet by ejecting them Im sure. Im sure anyone who does not agree with you and your hype gets booted quickly. Maybe you guys should not be closed off on your site From what I have been told , anyone who does have any contrary oppinion is quickly done away with. nice that you dont have to deal with that here though ay?

Black_Magic
12-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Another Love connection, how sweet:inlove: And match.com brags about connections.. They got nothing on 3A downlow.:clap: Ranger mom may get jealous.;) Joke... RM;)

95mustang
12-15-2010, 03:35 PM
come on, you guys im sure keep anyone from saying anything that disagrees with you quiet by ejecting them Im sure. Im sure anyone who does not agree with you and your hype gets booted quickly. Maybe you guys should not be closed off on your site From what I have been told , anyone who does have any contrary oppinion is quickly done away with. nice that you dont have to deal with that here though ay?

Hop Sing.... I mean Black Magic your account is still open you just chose not to show up.

bobcat1
12-15-2010, 03:57 PM
And match.com brags about connections.. They got nothing on 3A downlow.:clap: Ranger mom may get jealous.;) Joke... RM;) DaHop is the first one that caught it. I just did the follow up. :D

AlphaFemale
12-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Congratulations to the All-State Selections! and GO CARTHAGE !!!

ccmom
12-15-2010, 09:47 PM
And match.com brags about connections.. They got nothing on 3A downlow.:clap: Ranger mom may get jealous.;) Joke... RM;) Haha...he's scared of you, RM! :D

buckeyebob
12-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by db1980
You typically see East Texas poorly represented on these lists.

Understatement...perhaps we need a Region 16 PR Agent.

Black_Magic
12-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Haha...he's scared of you, RM! :D Nah. just messing with her.

rykerx144
12-16-2010, 10:45 AM
I would love to post but the threads i can partcipate is limited these days and I dont want to screw this one up LOL

garciap77
12-16-2010, 01:05 PM
You said they were "much" better. Both Os dominated the Ds. Plain and simple. We had 470ish yards, they had 450ish. Pretty even? We had 27 first downs, they had 26. Pretty even? The game went down to the last second before it was decided. Pretty even?

BEAST

No way there where much better! If they were, Carthage would have won by 3 or more TDs.

garciap77
12-16-2010, 01:10 PM
My account:

If you are going to talk about "miscues", then include the ones Brownwood made! This game was close and that's all there is to it! IMO

garciap77
12-16-2010, 01:31 PM

BEAST

I do!:)

garciap77
12-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I say this at least twice a year. The playoffs do NOT determine the best team. They determine the champion. Teams can be loaded with talent and for some reason not put it together and get the W. Other teams can have a bunch of above average talent kids who put it together and execute and get a few breaks along the way and end up the champion.

Which would you rather have? I would rather be champion. Teams with tons of talent are fun to watch but nothing is more fun than winning. In 2004 Cuero had a bunch of good talent. Not great, just good. We had one great player in Latrael Cooper who blew up a knee in preseason. We found a way to win each week. In nine of our 10 regular season games the opponent was within one touchdown of us and we prevailed in all of them. We went into the final against Abilene Wylie. At first glance they were a team much like us. Not a team of studs but just a bunch of guys who played sound assignment football. There was one stud lineman for Wylie and a nice little quarterback named Case Keenum. We thought he was good. Turned out he was and still is a stud. That was the difference. They had two studs. We had none. Almost none of the athletes were on this particular all state list. Everybody belly-ached that they were not on the list but there is no place I would have rather been than in the final. That is the best revenge.

Remember Brownwood could be the best team of 2010 but they will not be the champion.

Oh yeah, and Tanner Hoffman is a stud and his 169 tackles in the regular season are accurate. Dude can play. The only shame is that he was not also first team as a receiver. He is the best tight end I saw this year, period.

Your offense line is the biggest I have ever seen. When they come on the field everyone on the Wylie side just couldn't believe it. I believe you Cuero had one guy listed at 390 pounds! And several others in the 370, 360 and 340 range if I can remember!

garciap77
12-16-2010, 01:53 PM
OK, I have to admit I set myself up for that one. :inlove:

AlphaFemale is a chick??????:D :D :D

;)

garciap77
12-16-2010, 01:55 PM
:eek: You're taking it there, BM? Really? Ok, I'll play along so long as your feelings don't get hurt and although this does seem rather off-topic. But since I work for a living, it'll have to be after 5:00. OK? It's a date then? :clap:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Black_Magic
12-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: yes I know. I kinda mentaly put words that were not there into her phrase. For some reason I mentaly put "I get off at 5:00" Then it went donwhill from there.

ccmom
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
yes I know. I kinda mentaly put words that were not there into her phrase. For some reason I mentaly put "I get off at 5:00" Then it went donwhill from there.

You sure are feeling froggy lately!! :eek:

Black_Magic
12-16-2010, 02:55 PM
You sure are feeling froggy lately!! :eek: what do you mean?

sinfan75
12-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Congrats to John Reyes of Sinton. Well deserved . 1st teamer!!

BEAST
12-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
If you are going to talk about "miscues", then include the ones Brownwood made! This game was close and that's all there is to it! IMO

Exactly Garcia. He has side stepped that question from me all week.

BEAST