PDA

View Full Version : congratulations are in order

spaniard
10-26-2002, 12:23 AM
i think that liberty hill and celina both deserve some applause for their hard fought wins tonight. i know that lh had this game from the start, or so they thought, with the score going lhs way for the first half of play, lh was doing very well. then bandera came back and made it a contest. at the wimberley game tonight they announced scores every half-hour and every time the score was announced the margin of victory was getting closer and closer. but congratulations to you guys. and to celina for shocking a lot of people. i for one did not expect a win from the celina team, but now they have caught my attention even more with this victory. great job guys.

MKA
10-27-2002, 07:48 PM
I agree with you spaniard 100%. Celina's winning traditon wasn't showed any respect before the gainseville game.As for liberty Hill well it was just a great victory for the program. Score sounded a lot closer than the game really was. Bandera didn't stop Liberty Hill one time. They didn't punt a single time. Liberty Hill through a pass that went through the recievers hands in to a safety who took it back for a score. The only other time Liberty Hill didn't score was on a fumble recovered by Bandera. Praise to Ty Winstead who on 38 carries (mostly right up the gut)had 279 yards. Defense let Hicks throw 3 big pass plays where missed tackles in the mud turned into 3 touchdowns.