PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Brett Favre

M-town lobo fan
12-14-2010, 09:09 AM
ESPN might as well change their name to Favre TV..I'm glad his streak is finally over so they can talk about more important things..QB'S like Tom Brady or Mike Vick that are really doing something this year..Favre is old,washed up,has a loosing record this year and hasnt one the big one in over a decade..Get off his jock people he SUX!

Ranger Mom
12-14-2010, 09:21 AM
He has definitely gone from Hero to Zero in my book over the last couple of years!

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He has definitely gone from Hero to Zero in my book over the last couple of years!

Does that mean you returned the pictures? :D

95mustang
12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Does that mean you returned the pictures? :D
:spitlol:

crzyjournalist03
12-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I was really surprised that Sportscenter led with the Favre press conference after the football game while just putting a teaser in the sidebar that read "Cliff Lee to the Phillies".

sooner4life
12-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
ESPN might as well change their name to Favre TV..I'm glad his streak is finally over so they can talk about more important things..QB'S like Tom Brady or Mike Vick that are really doing something this year..Favre is old,washed up,has a loosing record this year and hasnt one the big one in over a decade..Get off his jock people he SUX!
I'm tired of people who talk poorly about people simply based on an opinion. ESPN airs so much about him, because people outside of this message board care about him, his future, his health, and his hall of fame career. Also, learn how to spell and use words in the correct context. (LOOSE, is a word associated with things not being TIGHT. LOSING, is associated with sports):D

wimbo_pro
12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by sooner4life
I'm tired of people who talk poorly about people simply based on an opinion. ESPN airs so much about him, because people outside of this message board care about him, his future, his health, and his hall of fame career. Also, learn how to spell and use words in the correct context. (LOOSE, is a word associated with things not being TIGHT. LOSING, is associated with sports):D
Not only that...but he is one of the ALL TIME greatest QB's to ever play the game. Just as we look back at clips of Joe Namath and Roger The Dodger and Montana and all the other greats, we will do the same with Favre. So, it is not out of the realm of understanding that ESPN would note his every move. His season last year was excellent. His numbers and performance have been far above average of the league, this year being a difficult one. We are witnessing the end of an era that (chances are) we will not see again in most of our lifetimes. Lets all take a breath and let it play out. It will be over soon enough.

Bullaholic
12-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Not only that...but he is one of the ALL TIME greatest QB's to ever play the game. Just as we look back at clips of Joe Namath and Roger The Dodger and Montana and all the other greats, we will do the same with Favre. So, it is not out of the realm of understanding that ESPN would note his every move. His season last year was excellent. His numbers and performance have been far above average of the league, this year being a difficult one. We are witnessing the end of an era that (chances are) we will not see again in most of our lifetimes. Lets all take a breath and let it play out. It will be over soon enough.

wimbo--I have always admired any player of the game who was a real warrior. No doubt Favre was a warrior---played hurt when many would sit the bench---and not only did he play, but he did play well. However, in his declining years age and performance-wise, IMO, many think his actions have been nothing but self-centered and arrogant, and have therefore lost a lot of their respect for him as a player and a man. I heard a report that the minute his 297 consecutive start record was ended that they put up a signed football with "297" on it for $500 on his website. The man just needs to gracefully retire for real and take his place in the sun and NFL history without any more hoopla or controversies.

Ranger Mom
12-14-2010, 02:45 PM
wimbo--I have always admired any player of the game who was a real warrior. No doubt Favre was a warrior---played hurt when many would sit the bench---and not only did he play, but he did play well. However, in his declining years age and performance-wise, IMO, many think his actions have been nothing but self-centered and arrogant, and have therefore lost a lot of their respect for him as a player and a man. I heard a report that the minute his 297 consecutive start record was ended that they put up a signed football with "297" on it for $500 on his website. The man just needs to gracefully retire for real and take his place in the sun and NFL history without any more hoopla or controversies.

I agree...at that point I could take him or leave him. But with the texting/picture scandal...he became worthless in my book! BUT...I don't watch ESPN, so I don't have to look at his cheating face if I don't want to!!:D

BullsFan
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
wimbo--I have always admired any player of the game who was a real warrior. No doubt Favre was a warrior---played hurt when many would sit the bench---and not only did he play, but he did play well. However, in his declining years age and performance-wise, IMO, many think his actions have been nothing but self-centered and arrogant, and have therefore lost a lot of their respect for him as a player and a man. I heard a report that the minute his 297 consecutive start record was ended that they put up a signed football with "297" on it for $500 on his website. The man just needs to gracefully retire for real and take his place in the sun and NFL history without any m hoopla or controversies.

This TIMES 10!!! I used to be a huuuge fan, but since he became such a prima donna I can't stand him. Ever since his first retirement lo those many years ago, he does nothing that doesn't help his own career and or bank account. His will-he-won't-he game alone was enough to turn me off, but add in the off the field shenanigans and aggressive PR campaigns and assorted other stuff and I really just can't stand him.

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Yeah he was a great one, I am surprised he only won a single Super Bowl. But as far as his off field behavior goes, he obviously is not perfect ;)

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by sooner4life
I'm tired of people who talk poorly about people simply based on an opinion. ESPN airs so much about him, because people outside of this message board care about him, his future, his health, and his hall of fame career. Also, learn how to spell and use words in the correct context. (LOOSE, is a word associated with things not being TIGHT. LOSING, is associated with sports):D So should I post in another message board about what a tool he is :thinking:

wimbo_pro
12-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Well...you guys DO make good points. I guess I look at it more hsitorically. I mean, had we had the press back then like we have now, Joe Namath would have been in deep doo-doo. And yes, the starting-stopping-retirement thing got old, but I looked at it as a negotiating position, nothing more. He might have been declining, but he was still very good, as last year showed.

As far as his texting and pics, well...he needs to be in a lineup to prove it was him!! LOL

UPanIN
12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
HATERS

PHOP
12-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Amen - Go away Brett

rangerjim60
12-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Didn't Farve play his HS ball at Brownwood?

big daddy russ
12-15-2010, 11:24 PM
I feel like the only one in America who could care less. I haven't given it thought for the past three years, but now that I'm thinking about it I think news nowadays is more into gossip and drama than facts. ESPN latched onto the Brett drama and rode it like a reality show on the Bravo network.

Still love the guy and the way he plays. Don't care for all the drama. My wife and sister both thoroughly enjoy shows like "Real Housewives" and anything on MTV. Maybe I should turn them onto ESPN. All the Favre drama that I see all these guys latching onto remind me of the women in my wife.

skins4life
12-15-2010, 11:25 PM
YES

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Has Farve actually ever been found to have sent the pics and texts or is it all still He Said/She Said?

steerz2010
12-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
:eek: :D

LIONS#1
12-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60

Kiln, Mississippi Genius!!:nerd: He ran the wishbone!!:D Bet U Decater boyz know all about that...LOL:hand:

rangerjim60
12-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Haha - was just trying to get Brownwood into this post somehow.

JJWalker
12-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Brett Favre is the Tiger Woods of the NFL.

Without him it just isn't the same game.

Only difference ... Brett Favre may actually be a black man. :eek:

M-town lobo fan
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
It sure was nice this weekend watching Sports news without Favre all over the tube..Thankyou Football Gods!hope he never comes back to the game and gets dumped:D

BaseballUmp
12-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Brett Favre is the Tiger Woods of the NFL.

Without him it just isn't the same game.

Only difference ... Brett Favre may actually be a black man. :eek:

WHAT??? That last part is a fail