PDA

View Full Version : Camping--State Parks?

bwdlionfan
12-13-2010, 10:45 PM
How many of you go camping at state parks on here? What's your favorite state park within an hour and a half or so of DFW? I've been to Cleburne, Whitney, and Cedar Hill quiet a bit. Am thinking about Meridian or Tawakoni... maybe even Ray Roberts... any suggestions?

LoboesWT
12-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Non-Sports maybe:thinking:

bwdlionfan
12-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT

dangit... I actually went to put it there and must have accidentally clicked the wrong forum

I guess I clicked sports forum by habit when I meant to click non-sports

Will a mod move this?

Lucky2Coach
12-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
How many of you go camping at state parks on here? What's your favorite state park within an hour and a half or so of DFW? I've been to Cleburne, Whitney, and Cedar Hill quiet a bit. Am thinking about Meridian or Tawakoni... maybe even Ray Roberts... any suggestions?

Bonham has a nice little state park, and I like Fairfield too, but if you want to take a little drive Enchanted Rock, TX and Beavers Bend, OK are the places to go.

Farmersfan
12-16-2010, 09:30 AM
I really enjoy camping (RVing) on Texoma. They have some great State Parks.............

GrTigers6
12-16-2010, 05:44 PM
A little more than an hour and a half but Goose island state park in rockport is really good esspecially this time of year. cooler and less mosquitos.:D

bwdlionfan
12-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the info to all of you... I may try to check some of those parks out this spring... We decided to do Cedar Hill this time because we have one coming from Cleburne, one from Ft Worth, and three from Dallas.... and on a short amount of time (just enough time for one night)

We've done Cedar Hill a few times before... haven't had any luck fishing there though... never even had a bite. Probably will be too cold to mess with it this time around especially given my previous luck.

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2010, 01:41 AM
We do this A LOT.

Try Fort Richardson, SP in Jacksboro

Mineral Wells, SP in MW

Dinosaur Valley SP in Glen Rose

Isle Du Bois SP at Lake Ray ROberts

There are a ton of other greats... Palo Duro Canyon, Tyler, Lost Pines, Palestine...

We love RVing with our kids and SPs are a great way to go.

Also try Mitchell RV REsort in Perrin, Tx. Great hidden secret.

sinton66
12-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
A little more than an hour and a half but Goose island state park in rockport is really good esspecially this time of year. cooler and less mosquitos.:D

Aransas National Wildlife Refuge a little further North than Goose Island is good too. Used to take my Scout Troop there a lot. Lots of birds, critters and gators. That's also the winter home for the migrating Whooping Cranes.

bwdlionfan
12-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
We do this A LOT.

Try Fort Richardson, SP in Jacksboro

Mineral Wells, SP in MW

Dinosaur Valley SP in Glen Rose

Isle Du Bois SP at Lake Ray ROberts

There are a ton of other greats... Palo Duro Canyon, Tyler, Lost Pines, Palestine...

We love RVing with our kids and SPs are a great way to go.

Also try Mitchell RV REsort in Perrin, Tx. Great hidden secret.

I tubed on the Polaski River at Dinosaur Valley this summer (after a rain so it was up some).... and we camped a couple of nights at MW state park in July. We almost went back to MW for this weekend but due to time constraints chose Joe Pool just because it's in the middle of everyone.

Anyone got any fishing secrets on Joe Pool?

injuredinmelee
12-21-2010, 01:48 PM
While this is no where close to your suggested area, I love garner state park.

tex_male
12-21-2010, 01:53 PM
I have been thinking about buying a small travel trailer. Is the insurance for one very high?

GrTigers6
12-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
I have been thinking about buying a small travel trailer. Is the insurance for one very high? Not really

gomeangreen
12-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Daingerfield state park is a good one--believe it or not they have northern pike in the lake

footballfan65
12-30-2010, 08:38 AM
We enjoy camping at Texoma.

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by LoboesWT

football is over..more can be put on main forum