View Full Version : The New Region I Goo Goo curse

DaHop72
12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Sweetwater Red

I for sure know that:

Snyder-Celina
and
Brownwood-Carthage, Region I losses.

And guess which side Red was sitting on.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

pirate4state
12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
haha plus the games we saw in San Antonio = 0'fer

you might be on to something Hop ;)

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Sweetwater Red

I for sure know that:

Snyder-Celina
and

I think he sat on our side against Monahans

SWR we are 1-1
G2 we are 2-1

I think this is right.

skins4life
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
LOL And Sweetwater was 1-2 with ING...... & ST...D standing at the rail on the south end at "The Mustang Bowl" this year :D :D :D

bobcat1
12-13-2010, 06:59 PM
It was in effect at Celina Lovejoy and Brownwood Carthage also Argyle Carthage. Guess who? The GooGoo cursemeister himself. G2. Do y'all think he could have bitten Red and infected him?

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Sweetwater Red

I for sure know that:

Snyder-Celina
and

Make that 0-5 in semifinal or SC games this decade. :(

2005 - Sweetwater vs. Tatum

2007 - Snyder vs. Celina

2008 - Liberty Hill vs. Celina

2009 - Abilene Wylie vs. Gilmer (SC)

2010 - Brownwood vs. Carthage

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I think he sat on our side against Monahans

SWR we are 1-1
G2 we are 2-1

I think this is right.

Actually I never sat anywhere. I walked from one end of the
stadium to the other on both sides while following the action.
I like to do that if the stadium will allow it.

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
haha plus the games we saw in San Antonio = 0'fer

you might be on to something Hop ;)

Hey! Calallen won and so did Sweeny! :tongue: :D

cr180t
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Make that 0-5 in semifinal or SC games this decade. :(

2005 - Sweetwater vs. Tatum

2007 - Snyder vs. Celina

2008 - Liberty Hill vs. Celina

2009 - Abilene Wylie vs. Gilmer (SC)

2010 - Brownwood vs. Carthage

2004 - Snyder vs Gilmer

0-6

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
2004 - Snyder vs Gilmer

0-6

I wasn't there for that one. But, I was listening and updating a message board that has since
died. I was rooting for Snyder and Gilmer just proved to be too much. I believe one of my
last post on that thread was "A 68 yard TD pass to Lico Castillo!". Then Gilmer took over. I
would've kept updating. But, I didn't want anyone to think I was enjoying our rivals losing.
Some of us just like to see/listen to good football.

cr180t
12-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Gilmer was very good that year as well. One of the best teams I have seen in person

We can count Greenwood in 2002 beatin Dangerfield and that would be 1-6

ccmom
12-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Gilmer was very good that year as well. One of the best teams I have seen in person

We can count Greenwood in 2002 beatin Dangerfield and that would be 1-6 WARNING....this is NOT intended to be snide and/or sarcastic....

How does Snyder's basketball team look this season? Boys and girls?

cr180t
12-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Guess you asking me huh.

We are playing well. Much improved over last year. Boys have almost the same team back and they are working hard. Girls are much improved really hustling.

Play Lamesa Tuesday.

Guess you were asking about the Varisty. The 8th grade boys B beat Sweetwater tonight and the A lost to Sweetwater.

How are you guys

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2010, 11:17 PM
He watched several of our games when we were in Region I. :thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmm...so did Hops, Lookin & Lion Addict. All right! Who's responsible? :p

bwdlionfan
12-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He watched several of our games when we were in Region I. :thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmm...so did Hops, Lookin & Lion Addict. All right! Who's responsible? :p

The only time I've seen LH play was when Celina beat them pretty badly in the playoffs in 08 in Midlothian. I wasn't able to make either of the LH vs Bwd games. That's also the only time I've seen Celina in person.

ccmom
12-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Guess you asking me huh.

We are playing well. Much improved over last year. Boys have almost the same team back and they are working hard. Girls are much improved really hustling.

Play Lamesa Tuesday.

Guess you were asking about the Varisty. The 8th grade boys B beat Sweetwater tonight and the A lost to Sweetwater.

How are you guys Girls started off rusty, but after a couple of the volleyball girls were able to join in they started to turn if around. Boys have played better than some expected, but it's still early for everybody. Good luck to y'all!

LH Panther Mom
12-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
The only time I've seen LH play was when Celina beat them pretty badly in the playoffs in 08 in Midlothian. I wasn't able to make either of the LH vs Bwd games. That's also the only time I've seen Celina in person.
Ohhhhh, so you're letting all of them off the hook & taking the blame? Wait...which side you sit on? :twitch:

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hey! I drove all the way to Cuero, Texas for the sole purpose of watching Liberty Hill play. How
many of the aforementioned posters woud have done that? By the way who won the game? :)

bobcat1
12-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
The only time I've seen LH play was when Celina beat them pretty badly in the playoffs in 08 in Midlothian. I wasn't able to make either of the LH vs Bwd games. That's also the only time I've seen Celina in person. I was there. Best tailgate party i ever been to and the game was great. :p

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hey! I drove all the way to Cuero, Texas for the sole purpose of watching Liberty Hill play. How
many of the aforementioned posters woud have done that? By the way who won the game? :)
Very true! :thinking:

cr180t
12-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Girls started off rusty, but after a couple of the volleyball girls were able to join in they started to turn if around. Boys have played better than some expected, but it's still early for everybody. Good luck to y'all!

You as well. I know you guys have a very talented 8th grade team. Very Talented