PDA

View Full Version : Big Plays @ Carthage - Brownwood Game

cr180t
12-13-2010, 02:34 PM
One of the biggest had to be the 3rd an 24. # 8 for Brownwood jumps what looked like 4 feet in the air in the middle of 2 DB's and came down with the ball.

What are some others.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I liked the Carthage fumble. When that kid was hit, he helicoptered and somehow landed back on his feet, but had lost the ball.

Yes, Jaxon's catch was great.

cr180t
12-13-2010, 02:36 PM
That was a big play and solid hit. I thought the kid still had the ball and was going to keep running.

Txbroadcaster
12-13-2010, 02:38 PM
The TD throw AFTER the penalty on the throwback...That was such a huge play right when it seemed Bwood was going to dodge a bullet

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The TD throw AFTER the penalty on the throwback...That was such a huge play right when it seemed Bwood was going to dodge a bullet

Yeah, that felt like I was punched in the gut. I was shocked, all I could think was "dang, we just did that against them" :doh: :doh: :doh:

cr180t
12-13-2010, 02:41 PM
What about all the 4th downs. I bet both teams went for it a total of 5 or 6 times on 4th down.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Not a play I like but a good one no less, 1st down on their own 3rd, holland on a 40 yard run :doh: :doh: I was praying for a holding call cause he was gone.

cr180t
12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Not a play I like but a good one no less, 1st down on their own 3rd, holland on a 40 yard run :doh: :doh: I was praying for a holding call cause he was gone.

Was that in the 4th quarter or earlier?

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Was that in the 4th quarter or earlier?

Yeah, I think the very start of the 4th quarter to go up by 7, I think :confused:

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
In the 1st quarter Shipley extended himself bigtime to go up and get a pass. Safety went for the ball and missed.I really thought he should have went for the player. Might have not wanted to make as many catches as the game went on. I wish Garcia could put up a video of this play. It was awesome.

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The TD throw AFTER the penalty on the throwback...That was such a huge play right when it seemed Bwood was going to dodge a bullet This was a dagger!! I still thought carthage got screwed on the throwback play though.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
In the 1st quarter Shipley extended himself bigtime to go up and get a pass. Safety went for the ball and missed.I really thought he should have went for the player. Might have not wanted to make as many catches as the game went on. I wish Garcia could put up a video of this play. It was awesome.

Yeah, I swear that ball was still rising and would of ended up 30 yards past had he not went up for it.

I thought it was overthrown for sure.

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I swear that ball was still rising and would of ended up 30 yards past had he not went up for it.

I thought it was overthrown for sure. He made an outstanding catch............but I was disappointed in the DB. he coulda been highlight reel.

cr180t
12-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I think the very start of the 4th quarter to go up by 7, I think :confused:

Yea they moved the TE to the other side so # 25 from Brownwood would not tackle him. They called a time out and changed the TE and Tackles position.

BwdLion73
12-13-2010, 02:56 PM
This was a dagger!! I still thought carthage got screwed on the throwback play though.

I want to see that one again. I thought it was a clean play also, but by the time I thought we dodged a bullet they scored the next play.:(

cr180t
12-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Not saying they got it right or wrong. The 4th down catch on about the 12 or 15 yard line by # 8 was a huge play. A game of inches..

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Not saying they got it right or wrong. The 4th down catch on about the 12 or 15 yard line by # 8 was a huge play. A game of inches..

With as much studying as they were doing, I would love to of been down there seeing what they were seeing.

It had to be close if there was that much doubt.

cr180t
12-13-2010, 03:03 PM
For sure

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Not saying they got it right or wrong. The 4th down catch on about the 12 or 15 yard line by # 8 was a huge play. A game of inches.. i have never seen a ref get down on hands and knees to look at a spot!!

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I want to see that one again. I thought it was a clean play also, but by the time I thought we dodged a bullet they scored the next play.:( Garcia posted a video of the play on one of the other threads. ............unfortunately it is gone now. Looked like a good play in person and it looked like a good play on tape.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 03:08 PM
i have never seen a ref get down on hands and knees to look at a spot!!

We pulled up to the game a few hours before and there was a guy out front standing by himself. We pulled up and asked him what he was doing. He said he was with the Crew.

We thought he was a ref so we took him to the bar and got him liquored and persuaded up before the game.

Come to find out, it wasn't a Ref, It was the PA announcer :doh: :doh: :doh:

Now you know why that guys couldn't pernounce anything all night and we didn't get first down :D :D :D

cr180t
12-13-2010, 03:30 PM
The on side kick was great. I saw the same on side kick in 2008 from Brownwood

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 03:34 PM

Which one, wasn't there 2? or am I losing it.

one where everone shifted to 1 side exept 1 guy
The other everyone was bunched up.

Maybe I'm losing it and thinking of another game. We have seen a lot of onsides this year :confused:

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 03:35 PM
The on side kick was great. I saw the same on side kick in 2008 from Brownwood lol...........forgot about that one. i thought the guy came off the bench and caught it!!

cr180t
12-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Which one, wasn't there 2? or am I losing it.

one where everone shifted to 1 side exept 1 guy
The other everyone was bunched up.

Maybe I'm losing it and thinking of another game. We have seen a lot of onsides this year :confused:

Yea that one. Brownwood did the same onside kick against Snyder in 2008.

They break the huddle spread out then huddle back up the guys stands on the sideline by other kids who are standing off the field in the team box.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 03:44 PM

They break the huddle spread out then huddle back up the guys stands on the sideline by other kids who are standing off the field in the team box.

Huge risk, big reward.

skins4life
12-13-2010, 05:13 PM

I remember that play. If he'd gone to the house, the game would've been over for us. Pachall and the Miller kid were a good tandem that year. They were still slinging it when time ran out on them. I still think if they would've had 20 more seconds, they would've pulled it out.

rolldawgs
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Legal lateral for a TD - disallowed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8)

Next play for the Touchdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97B5Y2KrSrY)

Nice how Morgan steps up to avoid the blitzing LB without actually having to take his eyes off the receiver.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by rolldawgs
Legal lateral for a TD - disallowed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8)

Next play for the Touchdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97B5Y2KrSrY)

Nice how Morgan steps up to avoid the blitzing LB without actually having to take his eyes off the receiver.

It hoovered as much watching it 2nd time as it did the 1st.

garciap77
12-13-2010, 05:27 PM
One of the biggest had to be the 3rd an 24. # 8 for Brownwood jumps what looked like 4 feet in the air in the middle of 2 DB's and came down with the ball.

What are some others.

I will post that play tonight!

garciap77
12-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I liked the Carthage fumble. When that kid was hit, he helicoptered and somehow landed back on his feet, but had lost the ball.

I will post both plays tonight!

garciap77
12-13-2010, 05:29 PM

I'll look for it and post it if I have it!

cr180t
12-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
I remember that play. If he'd gone to the house, the game would've been over for us. Pachall and the Miller kid were a good tandem that year. They were still slinging it when time ran out on them. I still think if they would've had 20 more seconds, they would've pulled it out.

I am glad they did not have the extra 20 seconds.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I will post both plays tonight!

Your the man!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I want to see that one again. I thought it was a clean play also, but by the time I thought we dodged a bullet they scored the next play.:(

Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8

skins4life
12-13-2010, 05:35 PM
I am glad they did not have the extra 20 seconds.

Me too! If my memory serves me right, didn't Miller catch a ball on our 3, 4, or 5 yd line as time expired?

cr180t
12-13-2010, 05:38 PM
No QB got sacked last play of the game. It was back an forth all night though.

skins4life
12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
No QB got sacked last play of the game. It was back an forth all night though.

Se what turning 50 does to the mind!!!:crazy1: :crazy1:

cr180t
12-13-2010, 05:43 PM
lol

rolldawgs
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM

I was also thinking at the time "why didn't Pope LEVEL him?". I have to think that he thought the pass was overthrown (it looked like it would be as I watched it), so he decided to go up for the pick instead. He didn't anticipate Superman jumping up and grabbing it, so I can't blame him for his decision! With any other HS receiver, that was going to be a pick by the safety, Edward Pope.

Of course, the late catch on 3rd and 24+? was the best catch I've ever seen as the HS level. Definitely want to see that again.

db1980
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM

sorry I see now where someone had already posted it.

LionFan72
12-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Does anyone have the video of the offensive pass interference call on Shipley in the end zone, maybe 45 seconds left in game. That was the final game changer, moved us from the 4 back to 19 with seconds left. Not questioning the call, just could not see what happened over there......i thought the carthage defender has intercepted the ball and then the flag.....wth?????? would sure like to see it.

LionFan72
12-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by db1980

sorry I see now where someone had already posted it.

Was a close call, I agree. Screwed, don't know about that, it is a judgement call. looks to me like the back was on the 38, threw back to Morgan, who two stepped to the 37 1/2. My untrained eyes may be deceiving me, but that is what I see. The official was right there though and I was a 50 yards from the play. it is over, you guys won fair and square, kudos to the Carthage Dawgs, win state!

db1980
12-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Was a close call, I agree. Screwed, don't know about that, it is a judgement call. looks to me like the back was on the 38, threw back to Morgan, who two stepped to the 37 1/2. My untrained eyes may be deceiving me, but that is what I see. The official was right there though and I was a 50 yards from the play. it is over, you guys won fair and square, kudos to the Carthage Dawgs, win state!

When the ball left the RB's hand it was on the 38. When the QB caught the ball it was on the 39. He stepped up to the 37 while throwing the ball. the play was legit, but ultimately it didn't matter.

Looking4number8
12-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by db1980
When the ball left the RB's hand it was on the 38. When the QB caught the ball it was on the 39. He stepped up to the 37 while throwing the ball. the play was legit, but ultimately it didn't matter.

I think why the ref called the penelty is he was prob wathing the RB or something. But the rb stepped back and the QB stepped forward, both very quickly after the toss giving the illusion of a forward pass. I do think it was either a laderal or a straight line pass (which I dont know if is legal or not) but if you looked away for a half second (the wrong one) then you would sure think it was a forward pass

garciap77
12-13-2010, 07:49 PM

What are some others.

I think it might have been this one, but not for sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKYeGGcxZLs

garciap77
12-13-2010, 08:19 PM

Here it is Royce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrP-7EKj8e8

Looking4number8
12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Man we are gonna miss that kid next year, not only for his talents but he made a game very very entertaining

lostaussie
12-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Here it is Royce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrP-7EKj8e8 I had to watch that thing 4 times before I finally saw the ball shoot into the second pile!!!

garciap77
12-13-2010, 08:49 PM

Here is the on side kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faadNVc3HFk

garciap77
12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Does anyone have the video of the offensive pass interference call on Shipley in the end zone, maybe 45 seconds left in game. That was the final game changer, moved us from the 4 back to 19 with seconds left. Not questioning the call, just could not see what happened over there......i thought the carthage defender has intercepted the ball and then the flag.....wth?????? would sure like to see it.

Here it is, but I missed some of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W7R9LoYK2U

cr180t
12-13-2010, 10:03 PM
I think it might have been this one, but not for sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKYeGGcxZLs

That one is good but what about the one that happened in the 4th quarter.

LionFan72
12-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Here it is, but I missed some of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W7R9LoYK2U

Thanks Garcia77! makes sense now......

LionFan72
12-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Actually, after watching the replays, I believe the biggest action was in both parking lots by the Dallas Police and Fire Departments. It resembled the Emergency Room entrance to Parkland Hospital, never seen so many flashing lights in my life!

Not really, every snap was a big play! And a great game by both teams!

Daddy D 11
12-14-2010, 01:04 AM
lol at the people that said the stadium wasn't big enough

LionFan72
12-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Garcia77, the 24 yard reception by Shipley that they are asking for is on the last drive, probably 1:45 to play going right to left down the middle best I remember.

Emerson1
12-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Actually, after watching the replays, I believe the biggest action was in both parking lots by the Dallas Police and Fire Departments. It resembled the Emergency Room entrance to Parkland Hospital, never seen so many flashing lights in my life!

Not really, every snap was a big play! And a great game by both teams!
A Carthage fan had a heart attack...

Dawgdaze
12-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by rolldawgs
I was also thinking at the time "why didn't Pope LEVEL him?". I have to think that he thought the pass was overthrown (it looked like it would be as I watched it), so he decided to go up for the pick instead. He didn't anticipate Superman jumping up and grabbing it, so I can't blame him for his decision! With any other HS receiver, that was going to be a pick by the safety, Edward Pope.

Of course, the late catch on 3rd and 24+? was the best catch I've ever seen as the HS level. Definitely want to see that again.

I saw 2 or 3 passes that should/could have been picked off by our secondary.

Dawgdaze
12-14-2010, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A Carthage fan had a heart attack...

They said it was a Brownwood fan that had the heart-attack. Look in the play by play thread of the game if it still exists. Terrible they delete history like that.

Dawgdaze
12-14-2010, 02:35 AM
How come BigCountryHomepage doesn't have the video available like they said they would "Saturday Morning"?

95mustang
12-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Dawgdaze
How come BigCountryHomepage doesn't have the video available like they said they would "Saturday Morning"?

They replayed it Saturday morning. They have done that some this year, but never leave it up for viewing after the replay.