PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite chores

NateDawg39
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Another thread gave me this magnificent idea, what are your least favorite chores to do around the house. I would say raking leaves and gutter duty are mine

sooner4life
12-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Cleaning the bathroom (I'm the one who nasties it up...I know how bad it can be)http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/icons/icon12.gif

LoboesWT
12-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Once again possibly "NON SPORTS FORUM" just guessing:D and by the way the non-sports forum is pretty funny.

NateDawg39
12-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Once again possibly "NON SPORTS FORUM" just guessing:D and by the way the non-sports forum is pretty funny. Trust me, cleaning the bathroom can turn into a heated sport ;)

LoboesWT
12-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Trust me, cleaning the bathroom can turn into a heated sport ;)

LOL

pancho villa
12-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Trust me, cleaning the bathroom can turn into a heated sport ;)

I don't have one that is what my wife is for!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
12-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

Somehow I don't think that came out quite right, pancho...:D

NateDawg39
12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Somehow I don't think that came out quite right, pancho...:D :thinking: :doh: :D

peagle
12-13-2010, 02:04 PM
All of them!!! lol

buffalo2006
12-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I just got married so I still getting used to being told the chores from the wife...but the thing I hate most is in a house with tile almost thoughout, it mopping and sweeping...Oh and since I live in the city now instead of the country there's apparently rules about how high your grass can be, so I have to mow about once a week during the spring and summer

44INAROW
12-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I hate cleaning closets and drawers eewww

ronwx5x
12-13-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm not fond of having to say thank you for all my wife does! But I do it anyway.:devil:

MoveInDad
12-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Picking up dog crap in the back yard used to be mine... moved out to some acreage though and don't have to worry about that. However, now it's big steamy cow patties from the calves that just walk 'through' the cattle guard to get to the st augustine in the yard... had to buy a riding mower because I damn sure ain't going to pick those up.

runtowin
12-13-2010, 03:29 PM
cleaning out the bathroom sink drains when the wife and daughter's hair accumulates into what comes out as a stinky, black rat looking wad.

RoyceTTU
12-13-2010, 03:32 PM
If anybody has a Ceramic Range, you will know that cleaning this is a "bear". I've tried all kinds of chemicals, and nothing works except good ole elbow grease.

As razor blade can be used, but if you scratch it, you live with it.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Cleaning the microwave after I'm gone for a weekend and son is home alone.:doh:

I think it would be easier to buy a new one at times.

LH_Tuff
12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
cleaning out the bathroom sink drains when the wife and daughter's hair accumulates into what comes out as a stinky, black rat looking wad.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I can relate to this one. Got to be my least favorite as well.

MUSTANG69
12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Cleaning the cat litter box. We have 6 cats that live in the back yard. I built a 4' x 4' x 12" deep litter box for them. It takes at least 2 beers to get that job done.:D

Keith7
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I think its time to put this thread to bed.

LionFan72
12-13-2010, 06:14 PM
moving leaves, year round, beginning to hate trees, have 105 in the yard!

Old LB
12-13-2010, 06:20 PM

+1, how can women lose all that hair and not go bald? :thinking:

neck_06
12-13-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't have one that is what my wife is for!!!!!!!!!!! my hero :thumbsup:

Trashman
12-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Running through mud slides. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.:mad:

wimbo_pro
12-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Lifting my feet as the wife vacuums!! Dont tell her I said that.

LionFan72
12-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Blackmail material when needed, copied and stored. Thanks for the ammo friend! :D :D :D

but that is a good 'un!

Ranger Mom
12-14-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Old LB
+1, how can women lose all that hair and not go bald? :thinking:

Those 2 posts made my morning!!:D :D

My "problem" drain is my bathtub. It has a "waterfall" faucet so we girls like to wash our hair there.

A couple of months ago my husband cleaned it out and I couldn't believe the huge wad of slimy hair he pulled out of it....as he was taking it to the trash, my son saw it and asked, "is that a RAT?" That's how big it was!! :)

Blastoderm55
12-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
If anybody has a Ceramic Range, you will know that cleaning this is a "bear". I've tried all kinds of chemicals, and nothing works except good ole elbow grease.

Ceramibrite? Let the cooktop cool, sqeeze on the goo and spread it out evenly. Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes, and then use a wet scouring pad to scrape it off. Works pretty well.

Blastoderm55
12-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Those 2 posts made my morning!!:D :D

My "problem" drain is my bathtub. It has a "waterfall" faucet so we girls like to wash our hair there.

A couple of months ago my husband cleaned it out and I couldn't believe the huge wad of slimy hair he pulled out of it....as he was taking it to the trash, my son saw it and asked, "is that a RAT?" That's how big it was!! :)

We've only been in our home a few months. Early on, we noticed our bathtub would not drain well at all. I took off the little cap, stuck my fingers in as far as I could, and came up with a big hand full of old lady hair. :ack!:

waterboy
12-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Dang it!:mad: Where do I start? I have to lift up my feet when my wife vacuums, I have to hold my recliner down and change channels with the remote, I have to get up to shave and shower every morning, I have to put my clothes in the dirty clothes hamper (unless I happen to forget:mad: ), and I have to look handsome while doing all of this!:doh: ;)

Come to think of it........what DO I do?:thinking: I've got a really good wife!!:inlove:

BullsFan
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM

What kind of razor blade are you using? I got one with the ceramic cooktop cleaning supplies, and it works like a charm. I squeeze the liquid cooktop cleaner out, let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then razor-blade anything that doesn't wipe off on its own. I also bought some ceramic cooktop wipes, and I use those every time I use the range. It keeps stuff from building up.

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I think its time to put this thread to bed. Currently, I laugh out loud at you :D

Farmersfan
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Cleaning the microwave after I'm gone for a weekend and son is home alone.:doh:

I think it would be easier to buy a new one at times.

You probably already know this but if you put a cup of water in the microwave and turn it on for a couple of minutes it will steam all the built on food and make soft so it can be simply wiped off!!!!

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
What kind of razor blade are you using? I got one with the ceramic cooktop cleaning supplies, and it works like a charm. I squeeze the liquid cooktop cleaner out, let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then razor-blade anything that doesn't wipe off on its own. I also bought some ceramic cooktop wipes, and I use those every time I use the range. It keeps stuff from building up.

I have used, just a regular razor out of utility knife. I do make sure it is a new one, and not one that I have been putting through hello. I try not use it though, if it gets scratched, its a permanent problem.

My wife has some "scrubby stuff" she makes me use. It helps a bit. It is like goo with grit in it. I scrub until my elbow feels like it is dislocating.

Have I mentioned I hate cleaning ceramic range tops :D

BullsFan
12-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
You probably already know this but if you put a cup of water in the microwave and turn it on for a couple of minutes it will steam all the built on food and make soft so it can be simply wiped off!!!!

Squeeze a little lemon in the water and it makes it smell good, too. :)

BullsFan
12-14-2010, 04:38 PM
I have used, just a regular razor out of utility knife. I do make sure it is a new one, and not one that I have been putting through hello. I try not use it though, if it gets scratched, its a permanent problem.

My wife has some "scrubby stuff" she makes me use. It helps a bit. It is like goo with grit in it. I scrub until my elbow feels like it is dislocating.

Have I mentioned I hate cleaning ceramic range tops :D

It's actually one of my favorite chores. I like seeing it all shiny and clean when I'm done. :)

RoyceTTU
12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
It's actually one of my favorite chores. I like seeing it all shiny and clean when I'm done. :)

Dont get me wrong, i like it clean, it just really hoovers to do it. I enjoy mowing/weeding/edging the lawn. Put on shorts, IPOD and go to my own happy place.

Tired ole Bobcat
12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
My least favorite chore is looking at the to do list. The to do list just takes the wind out of my sails. I also dislike cleaning the toothbrush bristles.

garciap77
12-14-2010, 06:56 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
12-14-2010, 07:00 PM

I just buy a new one when it gets dirty, and everyone is happy!:D:D:D

P.S. Including the maid!:D

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I hope my wife never gets on here and reads this thread. I'd have to straighten her out all over again. :D

TheDOCTORdre
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I hope my wife never gets on here and reads this thread. I'd have to straighten her out all over again. :D

why would your wife be on the computer without your permission?:D

NateDawg39
12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
why would your wife be on the computer without your permission?:D Dre you know how those women are...thinkin they have opinions and rights :rolleyes:

:D Please don't hit me RM

bobcat1
12-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
why would your wife be on the computer without your permission?:D Sometimes she sneaks around and looks at it on her break. I've tried to catch her.

TheDOCTORdre
12-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Sometimes she sneaks around and looks at it on her break. I've tried to catch her.

you better get control before she starts thinking she's equal:D

pancho villa
12-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I e-mailed my wife at work and told her to read this. LOL

She knows her place is in the kitchen!

bobcat1
12-15-2010, 09:04 AM

She knows her place is in the kitchen! You have been such a great mentor and influence Pancho.:clap: :clap: :clap:

garciap77
12-15-2010, 09:05 AM

She knows her place is in the kitchen!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-038.gif

pancho villa
12-15-2010, 09:27 AM
You have been such a great mentor and influence Pancho.:clap: :clap: :clap:

They do call me EL REY!

pancho villa
12-15-2010, 09:42 AM
I just got this e-mail from my wife. LOL

Just read it. I don't have no dam kitchen right now! Ha! I think I am going to have to get me an account on 3A downlow just to respond to your stupidness!!!
Kim

bobcat1
12-15-2010, 09:53 AM

Just read it. I don't have no dam kitchen right now! Ha! I think I am going to have to get me an account on 3A downlow just to respond to your stupidness!!!
Kim Do I sense some rebelion in the Villa household?

RoyceTTU
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM

Kim

You should get to know who these people are quick. You might end up being in the same boat :D

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_04/BoBBitsG_468x385.jpg

GrTigers6
12-15-2010, 10:46 AM

She knows her place is in the kitchen! Thats like the old joke from Jay Hickman
" My wife told she wanted to go somewhere that she had never been. So I took her to the kitchen."

:D

LoboesWT
12-15-2010, 10:52 AM
You should get to know who these people are quick. You might end up being in the same boat :D

OUCH!!!!:eek:

pancho villa
12-15-2010, 11:05 AM

Who are they?

RoyceTTU
12-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Who are they?

One word for you!!!

BOBBITT

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

playnhurt
12-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Pruning those d@^& "Sago Palms" and having to haul them off!

defense51
12-16-2010, 03:41 PM
cleaning out the bathroom sink drains when the wife and daughter's hair accumulates into what comes out as a stinky, black rat looking wad. +1

defense51
12-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Thats like the old joke from Jay Hickman
" My wife told she wanted to go somewhere that she had never been. So I took her to the kitchen."

:D and when we got married her cooking was so bad the flies pitched in and bought us a screen door!

GrTigers6
12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by defense51
and when we got married her cooking was so bad the flies pitched in and bought us a screen door! :clap: :D